How many hours?

How many hours?

• Total voters
coloradokares said:
No kidding.. but they hired the very best money could buy. Im impresssed.
Yea,that's just it..and I think most innocent parents would not only have read them,they'd probably have them memorized right down to every last word and statement.I know I would.

JMO8778 said:
Yea,that's just it..and I think most innocent parents would not only have read them,they'd probably have them memorized right down to every last word and statement.I know I would.
You of course know I was being totally facetious, right? They hired them to keep them out of jail not to find an intruder. I mean how does one find the perfect intruder. It has taken them their investigators and all the kings horses and all the kings men to create one JMK .... and try to make it fit.

coloradokares said:
You of course know I was being totally facetious, right? They hired them to keep them out of jail not to find an intruder. I mean how does one find the perfect intruder. It has taken them their investigators and all the kings horses and all the kings men to create one JMK .... and try to make it fit.
yes,I knew,I totally agree,and I think the R spin team will forever be looking for ways to link Karr to the murder.

JMO8778 said:
yes,I knew,I totally agree,and I think the R spin team will forever be looking for ways to link Karr to the murder.
Yezzzz and Fleet White Linda Hoffman Pugh Jeff Merrick.... the butcher the baker the candlestick maker . Santa Claus:doh:

icedtea4me said:
From the 1998 A&E documentary The Ramseys vs The Media -

John Ramsey: The American public has been led to believe that we went to bed that night on Christmas, brutally beat JonBenet, sexually molested her, strangled her, woke up the next morning, wrote a three-page ransom note,called the police, sat around the house for four hours then I went down and discovered her body - Then was able to act distraught.

thewebsafe.tripod.com/09281998aedocumentary.htm

According to John's statement, how many hours had elapsed between the time the police were called and his discovering JonBenet's body in the basement?

-Tea
Then you had reach in to unlatch the window, and if it's stuck, you just pop it open. I mean, I don't remember if I slid in face forward or a turned around. Probably turned around, turn around backwards and put your needs on the ledge here and let your feet in and then just drop down. That's probably how I would have done it? - John Ramsey during his June 1998 interrogation telling Det Lou Smit how he climbed into the basement window after he had broken it in the summer of 1996.

--->>>That June 1998 interrogation should have taken JR directly to the striped jail cell spa.

"Probably turned around, turn around backwards and put your needs(?) on the ledge here and let your feet in and then just drop down.That's probably how I wouldhave done it?"

There used to be a radio show broadcast out of Lansing or Detroit when I was tiny, that was called, "Lets Pretend", his non functioning memory on HOW he actually did IT, is revealing.

My time questimate is around 4 hours, BUT why was he looking when the police were there? Even his ex friend FW searched his own home when his little girl was hiding, he called her name and looked for her. Maybe he was more curious than JR ever thought to be.

Camper said:
Then you had reach in to unlatch the window, and if it's stuck, you just pop it open. I mean, I don't remember if I slid in face forward or a turned around. Probably turned around, turn around backwards and put your needs on the ledge here and let your feet in and then just drop down. That's probably how I would have done it? - John Ramsey during his June 1998 interrogation telling Det Lou Smit how he climbed into the basement window after he had broken it in the summer of 1996.

--->>>That June 1998 interrogation should have taken JR directly to the striped jail cell spa.

"Probably turned around, turn around backwards and put your needs(?) on the ledge here and let your feet in and then just drop down.That's probably how I wouldhave done it?"

There used to be a radio show broadcast out of Lansing or Detroit when I was tiny, that was called, "Lets Pretend", his non functioning memory on HOW he actually did IT, is revealing.

My time questimate is around 4 hours, BUT why was he looking when the police were there? Even his ex friend FW searched his own home when his little girl was hiding, he called her name and looked for her. Maybe he was more curious than JR ever thought to be.

That's just it.I've been in a missing person situation b/f.The R's were wayyyyy too passive.Note or not,they would have been ripping and tearing that house apart looking for JB or any evidence,had they not known where she was,only stopping long enough to call police, while getting right back to searching the house(for that matter,the yard and nborhood, too).Stuff would have been flying right and left.No stone would have been left unturned.Jr would have been in the car driving around searching the nborhood and his yard as well.JR would have req. the friends to drive around and search,too.Instead,PR sits in the sunroom,they call friends over(even tho note says not to),and JR appears to be very cordial...NOT !
I think that's why Officer French said something didn't feel right...it wasn't.

Stewart Long said that John Ramsey told him and JAR that he had discovered JonBenet's body around 11 am.

That combined with his "four hours" comment leads me to believe that "four hours" is correct, and not seven at all.

I believe John mentioned the 11 a.m. time to Stewart Long with regard to finding JonBenet to put it in the central time zone, which is where he, John Andrew, and Melinda would have been at the time.

10 a.m. MT = 11 a.m. CT

I believe John mentioned the 11 a.m. time to Stewart Long with regard to finding JonBenet to put it in the central time zone, which is where he, John Andrew, and Melinda would have been at the time.

10 a.m. MT = 11 a.m. CT

Hi Tea!

There's this from Steve Thomas (thank you FFJ)
Unexpectedly, a witness stepped forward and broke both his silence and John Ramsey's story about the timing of the discovery of JonBenét's body.

In a telephone interview, Stewart Long, the boyfriend of John Ramsey's daughter Melinda, recounted for me the sudden rush to reach Colorado

that he, Melinda, and her brother, John Andrew, had made on the morning

of December 26. When they arrived at the Ramsey home shortly after 1 P.M., they were unaware of anything more than that JonBenét had been kidnapped.

Long said that John Ramsey climbed into a van with him and John Andrew and told them that JonBenét "was with Beth now." The father and son broke down in tears as John Ramsey described how he had discovered the body around eleven o'clock that morning.

I almost dropped the telephone as I reached to make sure the "record" button was pressed on my tape recorder. "When you say eleven o'clock that morning, are you assuming that was Mountain time or Eastern time?"

I'm assuming that was Mountain time. He said 11 o'clock, so I'm assuming he was speaking of his own time reference.

I was blown away. We had just a credible witness who heard John Ramsey say he'd discovered the body two hours earlier than we previously believed. That punched a big hole in the generally accepted timeline.

Eleven o'clock would have been just about the time John Ramsey temporarily vanished from the sight of Detective Linda Arndt, when she thought he had gone out to get the mail. I recalled how Arndt described

the marked change in his behavior after he came back, silent, brooding and nervous.

Under those circumstances, any investigator would have to consider the possibility that Ramsey might have found the body on his private walk

through his home and not when he and Fleet White went to the basement a few hours later. SOURCE: Steve thomas "JonBenét Page 156-157 PB

John Ramsey (1:07:24): "The American public has been led to believe that while we went to bed that night after a wonderful Christmas we brutally beat JonBenet, sexually molested her, strangled her, went to sleep, got up the next morning, wrote a three-page ransom note, called the police, sat around the house for four hours and then I went downscares and discovered her body and was able to act distraught."

[video=youtube;nosQCyoG3Qg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nosQCyoG3Qg[/video]

John didn't say "...called the police, sat around the house for seven hours and then I went downscares and discovered her body and was able to act distraught." He said "..called the police, sat around the house for four hours and then I went downscares and discovered her body and was able to act distraught."

He admitted to finding her at 10 a.m!

Does any IDI have any explanation as to why John said four hours instead of seven hours?

You’re asking the wrong people. You need to ask Mr Ramsey.
:)

AK

Anti-K,
LOL, as usual, tricky question, no answer, why: because IDI have no coherent theory and no forensic evidence to establish one!

ok, so why didn't JR bring up JonBenet when he 'found' her at 10 AM? It is curious that he states 4 hours to some people. Why would he wait?

ok, so why didn't JR bring up JonBenet when he 'found' her at 10 AM? It is curious that he states 4 hours to some people. Why would he wait?

My guess would be he needed time to think and let what all he was seeing sink-in. Then I suspect his mind turned while he tried to decide what to do.

I think he was still in conflict when he started pointing out things that pointed to someone within the home: "it's an inside job" (as Ramsey so stated); by handing over Patsy's pen and notepad and pointing out that it was Patsy's. By his demeanor of anger and avoidance of Patsy as stated by Thomas, Arndt, and other principles on the scene about how they seemed to avoid each other that morning.

My guess would be he needed time to think and let what all he was seeing sink-in. Then I suspect his mind turned while he tried to decide what to do.

I think he was still in conflict when he started pointing out things that pointed to someone within the home: "it's an inside job" (as Ramsey so stated); by handing over Patsy's pen and notepad and pointing out that it was Patsy's. By his demeanor of anger and avoidance of Patsy as stated by Thomas, Arndt, and other principles on the scene about how they seemed to avoid each other that morning.

BOESP,
If this was a Columbo thriller the 10 am discovery might be the twist that Columbo presents us with at the end when he catches the killer.

Since if JR really did find JonBenet early that morning then he need not have found her in the wine-cellar!

She might have been hidden in another room, with the remains of a prior staging lying all around. JR might have wrapped JonBenet in the blanket and deposited her in the wine-cellar along with the pink barbie nightgown?

This would explain why Fleet White saw nothing when he looked into the wine-cellar earlier?

BOESP,
If this was a Columbo thriller the 10 am discovery might be the twist that Columbo presents us with at the end when he catches the killer.

Since if JR really did find JonBenet early that morning then he need not have found her in the wine-cellar!

She might have been hidden in another room, with the remains of a prior staging lying all around. JR might have wrapped JonBenet in the blanket and deposited her in the wine-cellar along with the pink barbie nightgown?

This would explain why Fleet White saw nothing when he looked into the wine-cellar earlier?

That could be a good possibility. Back in the earlier days of discussion some folks speculated that JonBenet's body had been temporarily put in a crawl space in the basement and later moved by John Ramsey.

Also, he and the Reverend Holverstock took a loooong walk that morning, which might just be for legitimate reasons, or maybe not.

It always stood out to me the look John gave Patsy during the first television appearance pleading for help (the one where Patsy wore the navy blue suit two days in a row, speculatively as a jab at Steve Thomas and said "keep your babies close"). When Patsy stated "they" believed that two people knew who killed JonBenet: the killer and a person the killer "confided in," John looked at her like he was thinking "would you shut up before you dig your own grave," imo.

I always thought that the parents were too passive myself. If you look at other kidnappings, like Elizabeth Smart and Danielle Van Damn, the parents, neighbors, relatives,were all called and not to just sit there, but to search. Granted they had a RN, which they had to wait for call, but that was it. See lf neighbors saw or heard anything,search, ask questions, etc.

The visit after xmas was either a plan to do away with her(b/f she had a chance to talk to other relatives that they would see on the trip the next day ..
I have always felt that trip is one of the motivating factors that led to this crime. Way too little attention was paid to it. Why?

Im BDI for the most part. My mind wanders and sometimes i come to other conclusions but by the end i always feel like, if JR knew PR or BR did it, he would cover for them. Patsy and Burke would have NO idea what to do. I feel as if once john knew what happened he started "protecting his family" what comes to mind is him directing the family and giving them roles to play. "Burke, get your *advertiser censored* in the bed and dont come out until we say." "Patsy, help me move the body and go grab a pen and notebook."
By the time the 911 call was made, JR was pretty sure his plan would work... but latsey wasnt so sure. I hear her saying "they are going to arrest me" at the end!

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back