Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why there are multiple counts of a specific crime? Are these counts for Sierah or add'l victims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree NewMama, it is confusing. Maybe someone can make sense of these multiple counts..

<snipped & BBM for Focus>
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2016/08/16/Grand-jury-indicts-Worley-in-Sierra-Joughin-case.html
THE BLADE GJ indicts JDW

WAUSEON — A Fulton County grand jury has indicted James Worley on 19 charges related to last month’s killing of Sierah Joughin.

Indictments filed today charged Worley with two counts of abduction, four counts of kidnapping, two counts of felonious assault, two counts of murder, two counts of aggravated murder, two counts of aggravated robbery, possession of criminal tools, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse, and two counts of possessing weapons under disability.

It annoys me that The Blade didn't spell her name correctly. I mean, they've used her name enough to sell papers in the past month. They ought to know the spelling by now.

I agree NewMama, it is confusing. Maybe someone can make sense of these multiple counts..

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2016/08/16/Grand-jury-indicts-Worley-in-Sierra-Joughin-case.html
THE BLADE GJ indicts JDW

WAUSEON — A Fulton County grand jury has indicted James Worley on 19 charges related to last month’s killing of Sierah Joughin.

Indictments filed today charged Worley with two counts of abduction, four counts of kidnapping, two counts of felonious assault, two counts of murder, two counts of aggravated murder, two counts of aggravated robbery, possession of criminal tools, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse, and two counts of possessing weapons under disability.

:rose:

This has my attention

:thinking:

Could it be due to that they think they have evidence thatt he moved her twice while alive?

:rose: :rose:

:rose:

This has my attention

Could it be due to that they think they have evidence thatt he moved her twice while alive?

:rose: :rose:

Im baffled too. This is bad.

Where does aggravated robbery fit in?
Maybe that is where all of that stuff came from in his barn?

ETA I did some searching and I believe the multiple counts of murder would mean he possibly killed her in two ways.
But the 4 counts of kidnapping?

Im baffled too. This is bad.

Maybe they found something on the camera they seized.

Where does aggravated robbery fit in?
Maybe that is where all of that stuff came from in his barn?
Maybe the aggravated robbery would be stripping her or another of their possessions? Cellphone, wallets??

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

THE BLADE GJ indicts JDW

WAUSEON &#8212; A Fulton County grand jury has indicted James Worley on 19 charges related to last month&#8217;s killing of Sierah Joughin.

Without checking Ohio specifically, I have seen separate counts of the same charge as containing separate aggravating circumstances.
For instance ;

Ag. Murder while in the commission of a felony (kidnapping)
Ag. Murder while a person is unlawfully restrained.

Guessing for now

MOO

ETA; A brief check of Ohio Aggravated Murder 2903.01A & B are described here;

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.01

A quick search reveals a defendant can be indicted for the same offense more than once if the prosecution has different theories on how the offense took place. Essentially, it seems the jury can decide which count applies based on the evidence.

If this is the case then I can assume JDW has not been talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crsr18, if you see this....

Can you please speak to the difference between abuse of a corpse and gross abuse of a corpse?

I see one word difference in definition, 'family' vs. 'community'

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2927.01

I am not sure what the difference is, either with action by the accused, or how one would determine family vs. community sensibilities.

TIA!

crsr18, if you see this....

Can you please speak to the difference between abuse of a corpse and gross abuse of a corpse?

I see one word difference in definition, 'family' vs. 'community'

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2927.01

I am not sure what the difference is, either with action by the accused, or how one would determine family vs. community sensibilities.

TIA!

I take it that the evidence shows that his actions caused outrage to both her family, privately, and to the community as a whole. Since the case is so high profile and it can be shown that the community has been scarred, they are 2 different counts.

If she had been unidentified count A would not apply. If she was unknown to the community count B may not apply. But note that count B carries a much stiffer penalty.

MOO

:lightbulb: :thinking:

Could some of the charges be for elderly mother and someone else and his family that was living there..... family ( As we know from the Sidney Moore/Heather Elvis case in SC recently).. Normal thoughts of abduction and kidnapping are different from the legal terms?

:thinking: don't want to explain more as it will be against terms of service to speak more of his elderly mother and brother...

In the threads above it was said that they were both taken into protective custody. That post has stood for more than a day so I am going to reference that.. and no more.

Wondering if the gross abuse of a corpse could involve JDW taking photographs of the deceased? *vomit*

:lightbulb: :thinking:

Could some of the charges be for elderly mother and someone else and his family that was living there..... family ( As we know from the Sidney Moore/Heather Elvis case in SC recently).. Normal thoughts of abduction and kidnapping are different from the legal terms?

:thinking: don't want to explain more as it will be against terms of service to speak more of his elderly mother and brother...

In the threads above it was said that they were both taken into protective custody. That post has stood for more than a day so I am going to reference that.. and no more.
I think the protective custody was more there was no capable persons on the property. An arrest of the primary caregiver could mean who would feed or care to the needs of the people with limited mobility or mental capacity.

Wondering if the gross abuse of a corpse could involve JDW taking photographs of the deceased? *vomit*
Any time you mishandle a dead body you are mishandling/abusing a corpse. A funeral home that stored and did not cremate or intern bodies got a bunch of those charges. Buryong someone in a shallow grave would be abuse of a corpse, as well as dismemberment or any kind of mistreatment of a corpse.

I think the protective custody was more there was no capable persons on the property. An arrest of the primary caregiver could mean who would feed or care to the needs of the people with limited mobility or mental capacity.

Agree. That comment was perhaps extraneous....but I'm thinking of the charges, and how one pice of info may relate to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled