France - Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint, Paris, 2016 *arrests*

I would rather extend sympathy for Kim (and all victims of violent crime) and risk it being a PR stunt than to be callous about the situation.

That's the high road, I'm extremely jaded and skeptical.

Located just steps from the Champs-Elysées, with private terraces that command all of Paris, lovingly restored 18th-century tapestries, and a defining spirit of elegance and charm, Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris redefines luxury in the City of Light.

http://www.fourseasons.com/paris/

The robbery actually took place here "Kardashian was staying in the Hotel de Pourtalès, a 19th century neo-Renaissance town mansion in Paris' cosseted 8th arrondissement."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/03/kim-kardashian-west-held-at-gunpoint-in-paris/

It is a luxury apartment buidling which celebrities rent to stay in Paris. Importantly there is no security only a concierge person at the front desk.

I am nervous to read the comments here...even though this a victim-friendly website. Hopefully that will extend to Kim.

Ryan Lochte made up a story about being robbed...and it was found out pretty quickly. Hopefully people keep that in mind when they decide to accuse Kim of making this all up.

There is no way this was a stunt Kim does not need the publicity or the backlash if this was a stunt. I hope they track these men down the expert on Sky News said she didn't think it was the notorious pink panther gang since they normally target jewellery stores.

The robbery actually took place here "Kardashian was staying in the Hotel de Pourtalès, a 19th century neo-Renaissance town mansion in Paris' cosseted 8th arrondissement."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/03/kim-kardashian-west-held-at-gunpoint-in-paris/

It is a luxury apartment buidling which celebrities rent to stay in Paris. Importantly there is no security only a concierge person at the front desk.

Thanks. One of the media sources reported KK was staying at George V . I looked it up and found Four Seasons Paris.

Thanks. One of the media sources reported KK was staying at George V . I looked it up and found Four Seasons Paris.

I think that's where Kris, Kendall etc were staying and some of the media thought they were all staying in the one place.

This is so incredibly scary for her. In many other situations she would've been assaulted and/or killed. She is truly lucky to be alive. Crazy that nobody tried to take even further advantage of the situation. :::shudder::: I wonder why she was not staying with her sisters? Seems to me that staying in an apartment at the mercy of one "concierge" employee seems worse than staying somewhere with no concierge where nobody would have a way to gain access without the person in the unit opening the door. Just my :twocents:...

This is so incredibly scary for her. In many other situations she would've been assaulted and/or killed. She is truly lucky to be alive. Crazy that nobody tried to take even further advantage of the situation. :::shudder::: I wonder why she was not staying with her sisters? Seems to me that staying in an apartment at the mercy of one "concierge" employee seems worse than staying somewhere with no concierge where nobody would have a way to gain access without the person in the unit opening the door. Just my :twocents:...

no kidding. Video footage should easily identify them quickly.

Kim Kardashian Bound, Gagged and Held at Gunpoint: Exclusive New Details on the Robbery in Paris

Zach Johnson and Ken Baker, eonline
1 hour ago

In the blink of an eye, the City of Light turned dark on Kim Kardashian.

The 35-year-old star of Keeping Up With the Kardashians "was held up at gunpoint inside her Paris hotel room this evening, by two armed masked men dressed as police officers," her rep told E! News Sunday. Kardashian was "badly shaken but physically unharmed," her rep added.

Kardashian was in the city for Paris Fashion Week.

New details surrounding the incident emerged overnight...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/entertainment-eonline/20161003/b799237/?cid=featuredent_media_kimk

I think that Kim and Kanye love Paris and she probably had a false sense of security there. I have read that this is where she has resided on past trips. I also feel this was an "inside" job. Could it be that the robbers had prior Intel that she would be out on the town (it was no secret that the other Ks were planning to party that night), maybe she decided to stay home last minute and the thieves went ahead with plan anyway?
Maybe they wanted her there because she would be out wearing that jewelry otherwise. I wonder if her engagement ring was part of the booty? (Booty! No pun intended)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fans ask: Where was Kardashian's bodyguard?
Reality star robbed at gunpoint in Paris apartment

By LISA RESPERS FRANCE , CNN

Posted: 9:07 AM, October 03, 2016
Updated: 11:07 AM, October 03, 2016

(CNN) - When a self-proclaimed celebrity journalist rushed Kim Kardashian West in Paris last week, it was her bodyguard, Pascal Duvier, who helped take him down.

The 6-foot-4-inch, 264-pound Duvier has been a ubiquitous presence for the past two years around Kardashian West and her husband, Kanye.
More Entertainment Headlines

After Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint in her Paris apartment early Monday by men dressed as police officers, some fans wanted to know: "Where was Pascal?" ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entertainment/fans-ask-where-was-kardashians-bodyguard

True or not...
If I were Kim or Kanye-- I'd be firing my security asap.

Wonder if their stolen items were insured ?

True or not...

Kinda weird she was alone in the Paris rented apartment without security. Very un-Kardashian-like.

When she arrived back in the states, she was guarded to the max:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-back-new-york-robbery-pari-article-1.2815696
"Kardashian, 35, was joined by a tremendous unit of protectors, with a head of state-like motorcade featuring at least eight security SUVs and dozens of guards leading their trip from the Teterboro Airport in New Jersey."

The thing is, if this is some kind of hoax, they're really stupid. I'm no Kardashian fan, but obviously they know how to make money. If this is a hoax, it's most likely illegal. Also, Kanye had to bail in the middle of a show. That certainly cost a LOT. I think this family is wretched, and those two Jenner girls have been poisoned. But I really don't believe they made this up.

True or not...

I'm guessing they were insured, but I haven't seen any confirmation about it.

Kim was "shaken up," which would be understandable if true. Yet, she arrived in the USA amid a massive show of security. And I do mean show. She could've arranged to arrive quietly, which I think would be desirable if shaken up.....but the cameras were there to watch her step out of the car in New York today. Wonder how the paps knew to be there?

Sorry....just not buying it. But, I can be convinced of its reality with some evidence presented. Maybe they'll reveal the evidence on the season premier of the reality show.

Oct 3 2016, 3:08 pm ET

Did Kim Kardashian West's Flashy Social Posts Make Her a Target?

by Alyssa Newcomb

There was overwhelming sympathy for Kim Kardashian West on Twitter after she was robbed at gunpoint in Paris Sunday night. Some people, however, wondered whether Kardashian's flashy Twitter and Instagram posts made her an easy target for thieves.

Whether you are a high profile celebrity or an everyday Joe, you are putting yourself and your family at risk when you expose too much information on social media, say experts.

"Even things like, 'I am out at a bar and here are four drunken photos,' seem harmless but can add up and tell someone a lot," Allison Matherly, coordinator of digital engagement at Texas Tech University told NBC News...

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/did-kim-kardashian-west-s-flashy-social-posts-make-her-n658631

I want to be victim friendly, but I don't think Kim K. was a victim. At this point, it sure looks like a hoax to me. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it quickly. But, in the meantime, I'm hugely skeptical of the story.

jmopinion

'Kim Kardashian's Paris robbery is too good to be true" opinion piece at http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/kim-kardashian-paris-robbery-good-true-article-1.2815747

It seems suspicious to me too. Plus, didn't Kanye say he was broke recently on one of his Twitter rampages?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back