France - Kim Kardashian held at gunpoint, Paris, 2016 *arrests*

Oct 11 2016, 8:31 am ET

Kim Kardashian West Robbery DNA Clue on Jewel Found Near Hotel: Report

by Nancy Ing, Alastair Jamieson and Lisa McNally

PARIS — A pendant stolen from Kim Kardashian West was found by a passer-by near the scene of last week's $10m armed robbery in Paris, local media reported Tuesday, raising hopes that investigators can use DNA to help catch the perpetrators.

The piece of jewelry, which the star has identified as belonging to her, was found in the French capital's 8th arrondissement shortly after the Oct. 3 heist and is being examined by forensic investigators, BFM-TV said.

Police believe that item is genuine and could be a key clue in their investigation...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/k...bbery-dna-clue-jewel-found-near-hotel-n664226

Oct 11 2016, 8:31 am ET

Kim Kardashian West Robbery DNA Clue on Jewel Found Near Hotel: Report

by Nancy Ing, Alastair Jamieson and Lisa McNally

PARIS — A pendant stolen from Kim Kardashian West was found by a passer-by near the scene of last week's $10m armed robbery in Paris, local media reported Tuesday, raising hopes that investigators can use DNA to help catch the perpetrators.

The piece of jewelry, which the star has identified as belonging to her, was found in the French capital's 8th arrondissement shortly after the Oct. 3 heist and is being examined by forensic investigators, BFM-TV said.

Police believe that item is genuine and could be a key clue in their investigation...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/k...bbery-dna-clue-jewel-found-near-hotel-n664226

That's a fortunate turn of events! I hope they get something off it.

Khloe Kardashian Opens Up About Kim Kardashian's Robbery: "She's Not Doing That Well"

Francesca Bacardi, eonline
Seconds ago

Khloe Kardashian is opening up about Kim Kardashian 's robbery.

The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Tuesday and gives an update on how Kim is doing in the aftermath of her scary Paris Fashion Week experience. "I mean, she's not doing that well. I mean, it's incredibly traumatic what happened to her, but our family is super close and great and we'll get through it together, and we do appreciate all of your guys' love and support and it will take time," Khloe says.

"You know it was horrible what happened to her."

Host Ellen DeGeneres asks if the ordeal would lead the Kardashian family to tone down what they post on social media—a major staple in their lives...*

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...61011/b801119/?cid=featuredent_media_khloekim

It's sad but... when you make a joke out of your life, people will joke about your life. I think that costume is disgusting.

KIM SUES WEBSITE OVER FRAUD REPORT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kim-kardashian-sues-website-over-fraud-report-020710264.html

Kim Kardashian filed suit against Mediatakeout.com for alleging the reality TV star faked having her expensive jewelry robbed in Paris to cheat her insurers out of millions.

In a suit filed in New York, the 35-year-old star said that "after having been the victim of a horrific and traumatic armed robbery in France, Kim Kardashian returned to the United States only to again be victimized, but this time by an online gossip tabloid that published a series of articles in early October 2016 referring to her a liar and thief."

BBM

I'm glad that I didn't jump to any conclusions about the veracity of this incident. I watched the Khloe segment on Ellen yesterday, and it's obvious that the entire Kardashian family has been affected by the robbery.

I'm glad that I didn't jump to any conclusions about the veracity of this incident. I watched the Khloe segment on Ellen yesterday, and it's obvious that the entire Kardashian family has been affected by the robbery.

hmmmm.....

On Tuesday night, several members of the Kardashian-Jenner clan got together to celebrate their final day of filming for Season 12 of their hit show, Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, Scott Disick, and Kylie Jenner all goofed off in the photo booth together, posting the pics online that read: “That’s a wrap! KUWTK 12.”

http://www.etonline.com/news/200199...ng_kim_kardashian_skips_family_s_celebration/

This would have been an extremely traumatic event. I hope Kim (and Kanye) is getting early treatment for acute PTSD.

'CONCIERGE' HELD AT GUNPOINT REVEALS SHOCKING FAILURES HE WARNED OF SIX YEARS AGO

Mail finds security code still hasn't been changed

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Mail-finds-security-code-hasn-t-changed.html

The ‘concierge' at the centre of the £8.5million Kim Kardashian heist today broke his silence to claim that the prestigious hotel was to blame for the shocking robbery because its bosses ‘didn’t care’ about security.

The traumatised father-of-one, named only as Abdulrahman because of fears for his safety, told MailOnline he had warned Hôtel de Pourtalès that guests were vulnerable years before the attack – and even claimed that security was so lax that ’someone might die'.

‘There was no real security at all. It’s a choice. The hotel doesn’t mind about security. We told them years and years before, you have to make a camera, you have to put [in place] a security process, about keys. Nothing was locked, there was no proper security there.’

Abdulrahman revealed that the security code for the front door of the prestigious celebrity haunt had not changed in years and that this meant 'everyone knew it'. The Mail found it had still not been changed a full two weeks after the heist and gained access to the hotel.

The 39-year-old security guard, who is working towards a doctorate at the Sorbonne university in Paris, was the only guard on duty when reality star Kim was bound, gagged and robbed at about 2.30am on October 3.
The northern Algerian was handcuffed and marched to Kim's door at gunpoint during the early-hours attack - and even forced to act as interpreter as robbers spent more than 30 minutes inside the apartment-hotel.

In a further stunning disclosure, he said that Kim's apartment was accessed simply by a wooden door with a single Yale-type lock, with no bolt to guard against intruders. He is now planning legal action against the hotel.

An email sent by Abdulrahman to his bosses at his security company in 2010, seen by MailOnline, warns them of the dangers of the lax security at the establishment.

Over the weekend, MailOnline used the code that Abdulrahman said had not changed in six years to gain access the building, walking unchallenged all the way through to the reception area.

Two members of staff – a female concierge and a male security guard – appeared to be the only line of defence for the 11 luxury apartments regularly used by A-list celebrities.

‘I told the hotel years ago, you need better security and they didn’t mind,’ Abdulrahman said. ‘If you look at that big door, it wasn’t locked, it was open. We talked about it and nobody cared. The code of the door was never changed and everybody knew it.

‘There is a camera in the main wall of the hotel, behind the big red [front] doors, but it didn’t work for years.'

BBM

'I SAID DON'T TOUCH HER. DON'T HARM HER. I OPENED THE DOOR'

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...heist-says-let-robbers-acted-INTERPRETER.html

The thieves repeatedly said they were looking for money, Abdulrahman said, and asked for jewellery when they discovered that Kim had only a small amount of cash in her apartment.

The operation lasted at least half an hour, he said, as the gangsters held whispered discussions about what to do next. They did not seem to be aware of the value of the star’s jewellery.

The thieves had also come unprepared for the fact that the American star didn’t speak French and became ‘upset and angry’ when they were unable to communicate, only calming down when Abdulrahman stepped in to help.

'She was so scared. She was crying and screaming, the men were shouting, and the fact that she couldn’t understand made him worse and more upset.

‘I told them to wait and I put myself in the middle, between the thieves and Kim. I said wait, she can’t understand you. Then I played the interpreter of the scene.

BBM

ROBBERS CAUGHT - ON PRIVATE CCTV

M6 INFO
https://m6info.yahoo.com/info-m6-kim-kardashian-images-1541131797905462.html

with video

These are exclusive images: those of a private security camera posted just outside the hotel where Kim Kardashianwas staying on the night of 2 to 3 October.

CCTV can trace the hold up of the starlet at "No address", a mansion in the Rue Tronchet in Paris, transformed into prized secret residence of celebrities who want to remain discreet.

The camera films a street leading to the Rue Tronchet, a few meters from the entrance of the "No address". At 2:19, three men wearing a reflective vest ride by on bikes near the luxurious residence of the star. Ten minutes later, two pedestrians join them.
The individuals are not identifiable, but the time and their number suggests that they are the muggers of Kim Kardashian.

They then go on to impersonate police officers and threaten the night watchman with a handgun, forcing him to lead them to the apartment rented by Kim Kardashian.

Having raided the alliance (ring) and jewelery of the reality TV star, a booty of $ 10 million, the robbers leave the rue Tronchet.
At 3:07, the two pedestrians pass by quickly but without running.

They are followed one minute later by two cyclists, who ride on the driveway. Within seconds, a third bike is filmed. The man is pedalling more slowly and riding on the sidewalk, he appears to have a bag hanging on the handlebars. This bag might contain the stolen jewels.
These images are important to the investigation but they are unfortunately not clear enough to identify the perpetrators.

BBM

16 ARRESTED! DNA ON DUCT TAPE LED POLICE TO WELL KNOWN ROBBER

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-16-people-Kim-Kardashian-robbery-Paris.html

After months of detailed police work, DNA has now been found in the Hotel de Pourtales – also known as 'No Address', which is close to the U.S. Embassy in the French capital.

The forensics material matches that of a well-known armed robber with a number of convictions whom another officer described as a 'major ****'. All the others arrested were linked to him.

'Coordinated raids took place at 6am today,' said the source. 'The men were arrested at addresses in greater Paris and in the Gard department.

'The oldest supect is 72, while others are in their 50s and 60s. All are well known to the police.'

The source confirmed that 'months of surveillance' has taken place, including phone taps.

Spending patterns have been looked at, and attempts to re-sell the jewellery stolen in October.

Beyond the five thought to have been directly involved in the crime, others include so called 'fences' who can dispose of stolen goods.

One theory is that many of Ms Kardashian's jewels ended up in Antwerp – the diamond capital of Europe.

BBM

KIM KARDASHIAN'S JEWELS ALL MELTED, EXCEPT ENGAGEMENT RING

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ian-jewels-taken-Paris-heist-MELTED-down.html

The only piece of jewellery left after the multi-million pound jewel heist from Kim Kardashian's Paris hotel is her engagement ring, the gangster arrested for the crime has said.

Aomar Ait Khedache, a 60-year-old nicknamed 'Omar le Vieux' (Old Omar) told police his gang had melted down and sold most of the stolen goods but still have the £3.5 million engagement ring given to her by Kanye West.

'So that the jewels wouldn't be recognised, we took a joint decision to melt them down,' Mr Khedache told police.

'One of us took care of that…. He came back with bars… Altogether there must have been a bit more than 800 grammes,'

Kardashian's constant posting on social media made it easy to plan the heist, said Khedache.

'The jewels were shown on the internet, and (she said) that she didn't wear fakes… the time she would arrive in France, you just had to look at the internet and you knew everything, absolutely everything,' he said.

BBM

Kim Kardashian West and her insurance company have filed a lawsuit in Delaware court against the mogul's personal bodyguard.

The lawsuit filed in New Castle County Superior Court earlier this week seeks to recover some $6.1 million paid by the insurance company after West was bound and robbed of her jewelry in a Paris hotel two years ago.

The complaint names Protect Security Inc., which did business as the Port of Wilmington Maritime Society, as the defendant alongside a California resident named Pascal Duvier, who is described in court documents as the chief officer of that company and Kardashian West's former bodyguard.

The complaint claims Duvier was negligent in his duty to provide security to Kardashian West on Oct. 3, 2016, at the exclusive No Address Hotel (Hôtel de Pourtalès) where Kardashian West was staying during Paris Fashion Week.

Kim Kardashian West claims bodyguard's negligence led to robbery of millions in jewels

The stranger-than-fiction confessions of Kim Kardashian’s diamond thief

A shocking celebrity robbery has spawned a criminally bad tell-all book by one of the culprits. But how believable is it?

TELEMMGLPICT000250217701_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqXW61vz_3bSmK0KpgrSXHYVTbCdM5WxCrgnCq2ybwq1c.jpeg

At 2:30 am on October 3, 2016, Yunis Abbas, a 63-year-old French-Algerian, made his way to Paris’s Hotel de Pourtalès to rob one of the richest women in the world: Kim Kardashian.

Along with four other men in their sixties and seventies, all dressed as a policeman and wheeling pushbikes, the elderly conspirators allegedly cased the joint beforehand, entered Kim Kardashian’s rented apartment and held her at gunpoint. They zip-tied her hands and ankles, dumped her in the bathtub and promptly made off with £7 million worth of jewellery and two mobile phones.”

It was a shocking crime, reportedly set in motion after the reality star marked her Paris arrival with Instagram photo featuring a £3.5m diamond ring. But a new book - written by Abbas, who is currently awaiting trial - reveals just how madcap their audacious plot was. I Kidnapped Kim Kardashian, his recollection of the biggest robbery of an individual in France in two decades, is by turns bizarre and fascinating; it could easily inspire the script for a Hollywood action comedy. Think Taxi meets Heat.

To wit: in the book, published today, Abbas describes how within moments of cycling off with his loot he got a flat tyre, catapulting him (and his goods) over the handlebars and onto a Paris pavement. A €30,000 pendant was left behind in the fracas; then a phone rang - Kim’s, with an incoming call from singer Tracey Chapman. Abbas tossed it into the Canal de l’Ourcq and sped home to face his wife, Farida, prone to chiding him for late returns.

Abbas, now 67, and his four accomplices, who were arrested in January 2017, are all awaiting trial, but he plans to plead guilty to all charges against him. His book was written, as he says, to set the record straight, frustrated by his portrayal as “a very uninviting character… It’s sad really”.

TELEMMGLPICT000250109231_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Abbas claims to have been recruited by a longtime criminal mastermind nicknamed Le Pince (Aomar Ait Khedache) when Kardashian was just "the wife of an American rapper", who would be in possession of a $4 million engagement ring, Kanye’s €40,000 Rolex, plus jewellery loaned by haute couture houses she had visited while in Paris for Fashion Week.

According to the book, Le Pince's 'granny and grandpa spies’ allegedly conducted multiple reconnaissance missions on Hotel de Pourtalès, where they found little security and the communal door - as is common in Parisian buildings with courtyards - was left open around the clock. (Khedache, who has previously admitted to involvement in the robbery but denies being the ringleader, is awaiting trial.)

As for the security cameras, they were found to be mostly a deterrent - after all, this is where the high-fliers like Prince, Madonna and Leonardo DiCaprio had stayed to ensure their privacy. That night, a network of sources, including a brother of the owner car rental enterprise used by the Kardashian-Wests, fed the gang live updates on their movements and, at 2am, it was clear that Kardashian was alone.

A concierge, on hearing banging at the door and cries of ‘Police!’, let the gang in and, claims Abbas, asked “Is it about the cocaine, gentlemen?” He was promptly tied up, and Kardashian sought out.

During his attempts to lie low and avoid capture Abbas began "researching" his victim - by binge watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

BBM

12 to stand trial over Kim Kardashian's 2016 Paris robbery

After five years of investigation, investigating judges have ordered the case sent to trial, a judicial official said Friday. The 12 suspects face a range of charges related to the theft. No trial date has been set, and the official would not provide further details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back