GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think this Joe Nelson guy kind of sucks at reporting? I mean, he got that tire track thing wrong. Now he's getting witnesses names screwed up... I'm pretty sure he forgot to mention the first two witnesses that testified yesterday as well. What's going on?

Great

Now let's just start cutting on one of only two who are providing us any information about the trial.

Joe was not in court on day 4 when the witness said he was mistaken about the tire tracks. As far as day 5 I will reserve judgment until I see a video or transcript. Hell people do make mistakes I make them everyday.
With all the evidence presented so far I doubt a conviction rests on tire tracks near where Erin's car was found especially jurors who know the desert lived in/near the desert.
Actually I think the testimony about CLs cell hitting near her car is more important. That places him there that morning, well unless you think some Tom, Dick or Harry had his phone and I don't.

Day 5 Beth blog FBI testimony

At roughly 7:36 a.m., Chris Lee's phone was in the same location where Erin Corwin's Toyota Corolla was later found abandoned.

Let that sink in.. pretty damning evidence IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great

Now let's just start cutting on one of only two who are providing us any information about the trial.

Joe was not in court on day 4 when the witness said he was mistaken about the tire tracks. As far as day 5 I will reserve judgment until I see a video or transcript. Hell people do make mistakes I make them everyday.
With all the evidence presented so far I doubt a conviction rests on tire tracks near where Erin's car was found especially jurors who know the desert lived in/near the desert.
Actually I think the testimony about CLs cell hitting near her car is more important. That places him there that morning, well unless you think some Tom, Dick or Harry had his phone and I don't.

At roughly 7:36 a.m., Chris Lee's phone was in the same location where Erin Corwin's Toyota Corolla was later found abandoned.

More of the FBIs testimony

FBI Special Agent Kevin Boles was the first witness of the day as the prosecution continued its case-in-chief. Boles is part of the FBI's Cellular Analysis Survey Team, or CAST. Boles testified about the location of both Erin Corwin's cell phone and Chris Lee's cell phone on June 28, 2014 - the day Erin went missing. Some key findings:
By comparing Erin and Chris Lee's respective phone records, Boles surmised both were traveling in an easterly direction from the Twentynine Palms Marine Base around 7:30 the morning of June 28.

The last activity of any kind on Erin's phone was at 8:04 a.m. on June 28.

The last activity on Chris Lee's phone was at 8:22 a.m. until 3:13 p.m. that same day.

Great

Right!?!!!!?????

*shakes head*

Thank you to everyone who updated this thread this week...I followed her case so closely when it all happened and it's good to see the wheels of justice turning. I have never forgotten Erin and my thoughts are with her family this very difficult week.

Yes decomposition was too far advanced to determine pregnancy via autopsy and there was something about they would not accept medical records or something like that. Maybe Mrs. Heavilin can confirm those later or someone has better memory than I.

Because they used a urine pregnancy test and not a blood test it can't be submitted as evidence.

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-six-afternoon-session-with-isabella.html?m=1

Day Six - Afternoon Session With Isabella Megli And Chris Lee Interview Video

I could not see Christopher Lee's face from where I was sitting in the courtroom, but the prosecutor pointed out that the defendant was smiling at Megli. Megli was not smiling back.

The defense did not cross-examine Megli.

I'm going to update this post later today with Christopher Lee's own words. About 90 minutes of a reported six hour video of Lee's interview with San Bernardino Sheriff's Department Sgt. Daniel Hanke conducted July 1, 2014 was played in court Wednesday afternoon. To be continued...

Snipped more info at site

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-six-afternoon-session-with-isabella.html?m=1

Day Six - Afternoon Session With Isabella Megli And Chris Lee Interview Video

I could not see Christopher Lee's face from where I was sitting in the courtroom, but the prosecutor pointed out that the defendant was smiling at Megli. Megli was not smiling back.

The defense did not cross-examine Megli.

I'm going to update this post later today with Christopher Lee's own words. About 90 minutes of a reported six hour video of Lee's interview with San Bernardino Sheriff's Department Sgt. Daniel Hanke conducted July 1, 2014 was played in court Wednesday afternoon. To be continued...

Snipped more info at site

The defense did not cross Megli???? Wow. I wonder why not. Wouldn't they want to create some doubt about her damning testimony?

The defense did not cross Megli???? Wow. I wonder why not. Wouldn't they want to create some doubt about her damning testimony?

Surprised me too.

No opening statement, don't think there's much cross exam of witnesses
(FB justice for Erin questioned Beth)
And then no cross of IM. Strange

Surprised me too.

No opening statement, don't think there's much cross exam of witnesses
(FB justice for Erin questioned Beth)
And then no cross of IM. Strange

No opening statement either? I hope it doesn't open the way for a 'inept' counsel appeal down the road.

No opening statement either? I hope it doesn't open the way for a 'inept' counsel appeal down the road.

Def did not give opening statement. That appeal will happen it most always does. Will it be successful dunno.

So what's their choices

A. Try to Trash the victim
B blame it on someone else
C ?

Lie, Deny and demand proof

So far CL has lied, denied, and the State has provided the proof that he murdered Erin Corwin from what I have seen from the reports provided.
We shall see

"Although Megli was not allowed, due to the defense objections of hearsay, to answer many of the questions ADA Sean Daugherty asked her, Megli did make some damaging points".

Maybe he didn't feel it was necessary.

I really want Chris to have a vigorous defense. We don't want grounds for an appeal.

Kaloyanides was so obnoxious in the beginning. Seems weird that he would become passive at this stage.

After reading the blog, I think he didn't want to cross examine because he didn't want to make it any worse. It is very damning to hear about the borrowed propane tank. And the 'hear say' about the 'no body/no case.' I doubt he wanted to discuss any of these issues much longer. :no:

What could CL's attorney possibly ask IM, given her damning testimony, that would make circumstances better for his client? Short of him putting a witness up on the stand that admits to murdering EC and doing the most elaborate frame job ever on CL, his goose is cooked. :twocents:

Soooooooo Maybe the defense is going to throw NL under the bus after all? He's so quiet and NL came in wearing the dog tags because she got wind? Totally a random thought of my own with no basis other than the defense attorney is acting strangely!

Can someone give me the link to this forum? I'm on Tapatalk and would like to invite someone to join us

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members