Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think abduction for trafficking purposes is a definite possibility. Early on, I recall the family indicating they thought she was no longer in the area (sorry, no link). The I-5 corridor is heavily used by traffickers, so she could be anywhere. She could also be in Redding. Google "sex trafficking in Redding ca" and there are plenty of hits.

As I mentioned in a post long ago, she could have been abducted by someone she's slightly familiar with...enough to catch a ride in their car. Then there's the Best Buy drug-selling possibility mentioned by an earlier poster. Sometimes these overlap. So in addition to stranger abduction there are other possibilities.

ETA: KP's pleading could indicate that he thinks someone has taken Sherri to get back at him. Again, is there a Best Buy connection? Not saying KP is involved with the alleged drug sales, but "snitches get stitches," so that could be the connection. JMO

On another case, some volunteered to explore Back Pages and Craigslist looking for the missing girl...it's not for the faint of heart though.

A few random articles on the subject...

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014...teen-rescued-from-sex-trafficking-in-redding/

http://www.redding.com/news/crime/h...d2-294c-50e6-e053-0100007f24c0-367602501.html

More about child and teen sex trafficking in Redding, but Sherri looks young.

http://www.palermoprotocol.com/inde...g-hosts-human-trafficking-awareness-symposium

11/2/16
10:37 AM Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM Sherri is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters)

12:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri's phone connection goes dead
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

Not sure I would go running for a LONG exercise if I had just asked my hubby if he was coming home for lunch!JMO If my hubby had planned to come home for lunch at say 12:30 unlikely I would go out running unless I wanted to avoid him.

Would they still have been cutting down a tree though after 5 pm? Since we have had daylight savings time it now starts getting dark around 5 pm.

I have seen several people mention this but she went missing on 11/2 and DST didn't start until the 6th.

Sorry if I missed this but have only been checking the thread every few days:
As to the tree trimmers was it determined if they were hired professionals or just some friends working together?

Action News Now - Three Videos
https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o

Excerpt of Avijah Scarbrough interview of LE in first video
Description of searches done on day 1 and day 2
Reporting Person was husband Keith
Sherri was last seen jogging at Sunrise and Old Oregon Trail
Her cell phone connections went dead ya know around noon
She hasn't been seen from from that time.
Husband returned home around 4:30 or 5 pm
He realized she wasn't home and pinged and located her phone
They dumped both the cell phones​

BBM You got my attention with this one. BOTH the cell phones?

"Dumping" a cell phone does not mean throwing it away, if that's what you're thinking.

"Call detail records and cell site (tower) dumps can show the phone owner's location, and whether they were stationary or moving (i.e., whether the phone's signal bounced off the same side of a single tower, or different sides of multiple towers along a particular path of travel).[9] Carrier data and device data together can be used to corroborate information from other sources, for instance, video surveillance footage or eyewitness accounts; or to determine the general location where a non-geotagged image or video was taken."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_device_forensics

11/2/16
10:37 AM Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM Sherri is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters)
12:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri's phone connection goes dead
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx
I'm more confused by this case than ever knowing her phone loses connection at 12. And then she's seen jogging at 2pm?

So did she accidentally lose her phone at 12 near the mailboxes, not realize it for two hours, and then get abducted sometime after 2?

I don't know how you could go jogging with basically only your phone (keys, credit cards, etc left at home) and not notice when you lose the one thing you were carrying.

And again no scent, no video.

It's all so odd.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

"Dumping" a cell phone does not mean throwing it away, if that's what you're thinking.

"Call detail records and cell site (tower) dumps can show the phone owner's location, and whether they were stationary or moving (i.e., whether the phone's signal bounced off the same side of a single tower, or different sides of multiple towers along a particular path of travel).[9] Carrier data and device data together can be used to corroborate information from other sources, for instance, video surveillance footage or eyewitness accounts; or to determine the general location where a non-geotagged image or video was taken."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_device_forensics

Since GigTu said "BOTH the cell phones?" I don't think it was a confusion with what dumping them is, but rather that it wasn't just hers being dumped, but BOTH of theirs (unless she had two).

BBM You got my attention with this one. BOTH the cell phones?

Action News Now - Three Videos
https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o

Excerpt of Avijah Scarbrough interview of LE in first video
Description of searches done on day 1 and day 2
Reporting Person was husband Keith
Sherri was last seen jogging at Sunrise and Old Oregon Trail
Her cell phone connections went dead ya know around noon
She hasn't been seen from from that time.
Husband returned home around 4:30 or 5 pm
He realized she wasn't home and pinged and located her phone
They dumped both the cell phones​

Since GigTu said "BOTH the cell phones?" I don't think it was a confusion with what dumping them is, but rather that it wasn't just hers being dumped, but BOTH of theirs (unless she had two).

Why not check both phones?

Just throwing it out there.... maybe people assume she HAD to have been jogging just because what she was wearing. <modsnip>.... just because someone wears that type of outfit doesn't technically mean they're working out.

I work from home and wear clothes like that everyday. If I was last seen walking to the trash or my car, someone may also believe I was out for a jog. In the fall, I'd also have on a jacket or pullover long sleeve shirt. AGAIN, I'm not saying everyone would or this is what she must have done.

I know it's different if someone actually saw her in motion compared to just out and about but had to mention this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was an abduction. MOO. I think some posters have been harsh on the family. Guess not much to add.

Listening to him it sounds like her cell phone went dead and that's something they should be able to easily figure out once they found it. Maybe he's trying to say the last call she made or text she sent was at noon. Because if it died KP wouldn't have been able to locate it with Find my iPhone.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/11/find-my-iphone-work-with-dead-iphone/

You can still find your iPhone if it is dead, as long as it died where you found out. In other words, if it died while it was laying on the side of the road, he could have found it there, with that app. Th app shows where your phone was when it was last working.

ETA: but it would mean that she lost the phone at noonish if that is when the phone died. [although I am not even sure that is what the sheriff meant happened at noon.]

Is it possible the 2 pm sighting is mistaken?

It makes more sense that she was grabbed right there around noonish, where her phone fell...

Just another thought...
Due to the length of time seen jogging at 11 and again at 2(during lunch). I wonder if she went jogging, got picked up by someone known and had lunch. Chose to jog back or partially jog back and something occurred then by someone known or unknown to Sherri.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The alleged turn-off of the phone at around noon and the alleged sighting at around 2pm by the tree trimmers don't line up at all. Shouldn't the tree trimmers be POI's in this case? (apparently last to see her and reported an odd timing)

Alternatively, if this was a suicide (I doubt it though) she might have turned off the phone herself and tossed it, then walked around for some more time to make up her mind.

Just my 2c. Very confusing case.

Having lived in various parts of CA including NorCal it's pretty common to come upon areas with no cell service. Do we know if there's service where she was? When they say the phone went "dead" do they mean she turned off the phone, her battery went dead, the service was lost, or she just stopped communicating? For someone concerned enough about safety to own a gun - I highly doubt she'd turn off her phone while out alone. Also just an observation but KP had to have her Apple password to access the find-my-phone app. Not unheard of for a married couple to share this info but just interesting to me since no one I know has access to my password. Might be something to consider in terms of safety and if we ever need to be located. What if he didn't have that password? Would her cell carrier have been able to pinpoint the location of the phone just as easily and speedily? Even in a dead cell area? Also seems odd to me she received no other communication in the time she was out from 12-5:30pm outside if the one reply from KP? She seemed pretty social and active. No texts from family or friends? And no other communication from her? Maybe it just hasn't been released yet. I can't stop thinking of the encampment with the doll - that was really creepy.

Just throwing it out there.... maybe people assume she HAD to have been jogging just because what she was wearing. <modsnip>.... just because someone wears that type of outfit doesn't technically mean they're working out.

I work from home and wear clothes like that everyday. If I was last seen walking to the trash or my car, someone may also believe I was out for a jog. In the fall, I'd also have on a jacket or pullover long sleeve shirt. AGAIN, I'm not saying everyone would or this is what she must have done.

I know it's different if someone actually saw her in motion compared to just out and about but had to mention this.

People aren't assuming she was jogging based on her clothing. There are witnesses that saw her out jogging, and family says that would be routine for her.

People aren't assuming she was jogging based on her clothing. There are witnesses that saw her out jogging, and family says that would be routine for her.

Yes I'm aware of that. It's another thought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member