A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the show, re: the skull found at the golf course, was that in an area where it could have been washed up there (near river, etc), or is where it was found exactly where they think it was originally placed? If so, he would have likely carried it in at night, or while golfing, in his golf bag? Or maybe he's a grounds keeper or works landscaping? I was reading something here last night and now I can't remember what it was, maybe a possible victim, uid, also found near a golf course? On the show the man who described the discovery said there the skull was, teeth hacked out, staring right up at him when he went to get the golf ball...maybe this is also part of his intent to shock and traumatize others?

Re: AC, so obviously maybe a gambler. Or maybe not. Maybe a golfer. Maybe not...

Re: the Cannibal Cop, I see it has been determined he is likely too young, but wooow the aspects that so far crosscheck what has been mentioned on the show Queens, Manhattan, ACCESSING LE DATABASES...see this is exactly what I mean about crazy coincidences on WS....and the 2 previous SK's in LI, as stated upstream what the heck is in the water up there?

Re: how he knew about the sister and friend to call and taunt them, yes indeed possible he extracted this information while they were being held alive, but I also wonder if this information came to him through hacking, researching his victims. Question, did all of the known prostitutes have previous records?

Is there a voice recognition data base similar to CODIS, etc.? Surely there is something like that out there...but then there would need to be an original sample for cross reference, just thinking out loud...

I remember that part but I dont know how much the head was decomposed.

Its a good thought that maybe a creek washed it down because golf courses usually have creeks and water and so if it had rained a lot recently before he found it then it could have washed down there.

Reason is a skull is round in shape and it would be more likely to be able to wash down a creek than other parts of the body.

We have a creek nearby and its amazing the stuff we find that has washed down. Usually after heavy rains. Water is a powerful mover of debris and round objects can easily move. Nothing on a round object to get hung up on tree branches or roots.

Josh and Rachel~~great show~~~great work. Kuddos to you both. Hopefully both of you will be up for a reward, just like MaM.
:goldcrown:

Please forgive me as I'm not familiar with the type of work most of these ladies were in...

A few questions/random thoughts...

Is is common to use a name other than your own in this type of business? The reason I ask, is 3 of the identified victims seem to begin with the letter "M" and I'm wondering if Amber could have possibly have gone by a name that begins with "M". Also, along those lines, if that appears to be the case, I'm wondering if someone in LISK's family (maybe mother???) name would also begin with an "M".

I also noticed a recurring theme of the number 5. As in the 500 feet distance (which I realize has been disproven.) But, it seems there were 5 in a row. 4 insiders and 1 outside (the Asian male). I'm wondering if that signifies something more. Perhaps, LISK was born out of wedlock when mother was in the same type of work and mother remarried into a family with 3 other children (females) and LISK always felt like the outsider?

Can we trace the number of victims to perhaps a phone number or address? IIRC, the victims were found in multiples of 2, 4, 2, 2 or 2, 5, 1, 2. On the A&E map~~it appears the first 2 victims were spaced apart, as if he planned to fill it in with other victims~~then 4 together, then 2 apart, and then 2 together.

IIRC, hurricane Sandy hit LI~~was there any attempt by LE to go back to the site to see if any other evidence was uncovered?

Lastly, I'm a numbers person...LOL~~so I was looking at the spacing posted by Shadowraiths. Hi Shadowraiths :seeya:!!!

Costello & Barthelemy: 0.16 mi = 257.495 m
Barthelemy & Barnes: 0.05 mi = 80.4672 m
Barnes & Waterman: 0.07 mi = 112.654 m
Waterman & John Doe: 0.28 mi = 450.616 m
John Doe & JT: 0.62 mi = 997.793 m
JT & Jane Doe 6: 1.43 mi = 2301.361 m
Jane Doe 6 & Baby Doe: 0.04 mi = 64.3737 m

So, here goes...(just approximating)

The distance between Barthelemy & Barnes was 80 meters. The distance between Jane Doe 6 and Baby Doe is 64. 80-64 = 16 meters.

The distance between Barthelemy & Barnes was 80. The distance between Barnes and Waterman is 112. 112-80 = 32.

16 x 2 = 32 coincidence? Perhaps?

32 x 2 = 64
64+12 = 80

There seems to be a pattern revolving around the number 16.

64/16=4
80/16=5
112/16=7
257/16=16.0625
450/16=28.16
except these two don't have a multiple of 16, unless there is some other multiple.....
997/16 = 62.3125
2301.361 /16 = 143.83

The first 3 are disconcerting..was there anything found at 96? Like possibly another victim? Victim #6, perhaps?? Are there 2 others at 16 and 32 meters??

Any chance at all that the perp is EAR, The East Area Rapist, once active in California?

At this point in time I doubt it. First he would be getting too old to continue behavior's of a younger person. While it's totally thrilling to live on the East Coast, I would have to question why a older person would head East from Sunny California? We have brutal winters, hurricane's during the fall, all kinds of weather conditions that unless you've been on the East Coast and understand weather conditions, I can't see that person leaving California

I believe the skull found in Hopewell, NJ was Joel Rifkin's first victim. It was odd that he was brought up on the show about LISK. I think I rolled my eyes when that clip was shown. I wonder why it was now???

Can some one please answer why LE can't get anything from the call records? Were the taunting calls, and out calls to the excorts made on burner phones or what? Tia.

Eta: just found the link for cell phones and LISK:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?284261-Cell-Phones-and-LISK

Eta: Another question. Has there not been any dna evidence recovered from any of the remains to put into CODIS?

Thats GREAT! It will allow anyone who has not had to the chance to watch last week's episodes a chance to catch up right before the new shows.

I love when networks do that.

Its becoming a popular network strategy as I see other shows doing this and I like it. :)

I was gonna say exactly that!

#stolenthunder

I saw that episode too, that was so so creepy. I believe that happened in Virginia or North Carolina..... spooky, scary!

Josh and Rachel~~great show~~~great work. Kuddos to you both. Hopefully both of you will be up for a reward, just like MaM.

Please forgive me as I'm not familiar with the type of work most of these ladies were in...

Is is common to use a name other than your own in this type of business? The reason I ask, is 3 of the identified victims seem to begin with the letter "M" and I'm wondering if Amber could have possibly have gone by a name that begins with "M". Also, along those lines, if that appears to be the case, I'm wondering if someone in LISK's family (maybe mother???) name would also begin with an "M".

I also noticed a recurring theme of the number 5. As in the 500 feet distance (which I realize has been disproven.) But, it seems there were 5 in a row. 4 insiders and 1 outside (the Asian male). I'm wondering if that signifies something more. Perhaps, LISK was born out of wedlock when mother was in the same type of work and mother remarried into a family with 3 other children (females) and LISK always felt like the outsider?

Can we trace the number of victims to perhaps a phone number or address? IIRC, the victims were found in multiples of 2, 4, 2, 2 or 2, 5, 1, 2. On the A&E map~~it appears the first 2 victims were spaced apart, as if he planned to fill it in with other victims~~then 4 together, then 2 apart, and then 2 together.

IIRC, hurricane Sandy hit LI~~was there any attempt by LE to go back to the site to see if any other evidence was uncovered?

Lastly, I'm a numbers person...LOL~~so I was looking at the spacing posted by Shadowraiths. Hi Shadowraiths :seeya:!!!

The distance between Barthelemy & Barnes was 80 meters. The distance between Jane Doe 6 and Baby Doe is 64. 80-64 = 16 meters.

The distance between Barthelemy & Barnes was 80. The distance between Barnes and Waterman is 112. 112-80 = 32.

32 x 2 = 64
64+12 = 80

64/16=4
80/16=5
112/16=7
257/16=16.0625
450/16=28.16
except these two don't have a multiple of 16, unless there is some other multiple.....
997/16 = 62.3125
2301.361 /16 = 143.83

The first 3 are disconcerting..was there anything found at 96? Like possibly another victim? Victim #6, perhaps?? Are there 2 others at 16 and 32 meters??

In keeping with one of the ideas proposed by docrocker, ie. religion and burlap, the number 16 also seems to be of particular significance.
The letters M and A in the names of the victims caught my eye too.
All speculation, imo.

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/16.html
[h=2]The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 16[/h]The number sixteen is symbolic of love and loving. Christians are to become perfected in God's love not just by physically obeying the Commandments (which should be done anyway) but also by following the full spiritual INTENT of our Creator's laws and judgments (Matthew 22:37 - 40). This duality of true love is represented by 8 + 8 = 16.
In the Old Testament, 16 of the various names and titles for God specially signify His constant, never-ending love for the children of Israel.
[h=2]Appearances of the number sixteen[/h]Some of the longest words in the King James Bible are sixteen letters long. They include covenantbreakers (Romans 1:31), evilfavouredness (Deuteronomy 17:1), lovingkindnesses (Psalm 25:6) and unprofitableness (Hebrews 7:18).
The words sickness and branch, as well as the phrase 'the Father," appear sixteen times in Scripture.

At this point in time I doubt it. First he would be getting too old to continue behavior's of a younger person. While it's totally thrilling to live on the East Coast, I would have to question why a older person would head East from Sunny California? We have brutal winters, hurricane's during the fall, all kinds of weather conditions that unless you've been on the East Coast and understand weather conditions, I can't see that person leaving California

Money factor?

If LISK had access to some property owned by either him or relatives in NY then maybe he moved due to money factor.

I strongly believe he had some childhood local tie to the Long Island Gilgo beach type area but he could have moved to california for a period of time and then moved back possibly.

I havent looked at the possible California connection but I think I saw some previous posts here with that same thought that he could possibly be the East Area Rapist. Its worth reading backwards to find those posts if there was more information in that regard.

32 x 2 = 64
64+12 = 80

64/16=4
80/16=5
112/16=7
257/16=16.0625
450/16=28.16
997/16 = 62.3125
2301.361 /16 = 143.83

:waitasec:

(And the Accountant weighs in :heart: . I think I need another cup of coffee, looks like Chinese to me...)

In keeping with one of the ideas proposed by docrocker, ie. religion and burlap, the number 16 also seems to be of particular significance.
The letters M and A in the names of the victims caught my eye too.
All speculation, imo.

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/16.html

Didn't know this....(I should have..LOL) Thanks for posting it!

I think we might be on to something here...

Do you supposed LISK had a Christian or Catholic upbringing?

Is there a specific thread to read/discuss the burlap? Tia.

I believe the skull found in Hopewell, NJ was Joel Rifkin's first victim. It was odd that he was brought up on the show about LISK. I think I rolled my eyes when that clip was shown. I wonder why it was now???

Thanks. I didnt realize that. I hope we get a little more on why Rifkin was brought into the show. Im not sure how he could help with the LISK case unless the thought is he may know some of the LISK killer's tactics to avoid apprehension.

Didn't know this....(I should have..LOL) Thanks for posting it!

I think we might be on to something here...

Do you supposed LISK had a Christian or Catholic upbringing?

Bumping off of this...

We have a possible number of 16 that is significant indicating a possible Christian or Catholic upbringing, but to take that a bit further...LISK has to excel at math, possibly in school around the time metric were being taught in school (I believe the 70's??) OR is someone who immigrated from a country that is on the metric system.

How are you "pretty sure"?
They have never stated who the convicted serial killers are that they talk with. People have their theories on who they could be but no one has actually done a recorded/video taped interview him about this case.

Some criminals shut down emotionally when caught and don't want to talk to anyone about what they've done. While other more narcissistic proud criminals enjoy the fame and like to share their stories, advice, theories with others.

It's been years but I believe Joel Rifkin did have something to say about this publically. I however would think no one would want to give that monster the attention he so much wants to have.... I have thought he was "13."

I wondered why they brought that up in this episode too. She was later identified and that too was shown on the show for some odd reason. Maybe trying to highlight the LI connection? It was odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox