Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
She couldn't have been "missing" for more than a couple of hours, tops. Cops won't even file a missing person's report until 24 hours b/c most of the time, people are found, and they weren't abducted. They take off for a few hours, lose track of time, whatever. But, happily, the vast majority of people ARE found.

My first thoughts when she was missing for a few days already were not that someone had taken her for ransom, or to hold her in a dungeon torturing her, but that the most common tragedy had befallen her - abducted, raped, murdered, and dumped in a shallow grave. Sad, but it's all too common.

Never did I once leap to the idea that some shady characters were hiding her away, branding her and torturing her and were going to let her go in a few weeks. Yet this "anonymous donor" leapt to that? Did he leap to that conclusion with Stacy Peterson, Stacey Smart, or any of the thousands of other people who go missing each year? Why only SP?

Unless the AD reveals that info we won't know..
Possibility:
Perhaps AD had a close friend or family member who had suddenly disappeared and no body had been found and wanted to help fellow humans find their loved one
JMO

I think the secret witness program is like crime stoppers ... if you are familiar

I am quite familiar. Neither offer a reward to criminals with no questions asked.

I know - that's what I said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I must have misunderstood you. I mentioned female joggers who disappeared and were found dead in response to a previous comment about it. It should have been quoted in my original reply (the one in which I first mentioned Jennifer Huston).

After SP's release, Sheriff Bosenko said, "We have remained devoted to this case and will not rest until Sherri’s captor or captors are identified and brought to justice. We are continuing to follow investigative leads and this is a critical, and active, and ongoing investigation.” http://people.com/crime/sheriff-no-...tion-account-of-california-mom-sherri-papini/

While SP was missing, LE fielded over 400 tips/leads and filed over 20 search warrants (some of which are sealed) for surveillance cams, electronic data, cell phone data, etc. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/details-scarce-case-california-woman-missing-43829461

LE may well have filed more warrants based on information learned since SP's release.

It's a lot of work, especially if the victim's recollection or knowledge is limited and there are no known witnesses.

It's only been 16 days since SP was released and 38 days since she was reported missing -- not a long time. I'm still optimistic that this case can be solved.

There are signs that are consistent with ST. There are some that are not. It hasn't been ruled out. The VI said their theory was some sort of ST scenario and not a revenge one.
SP, KP, their contacts, bank records, phone records, friends, family and coworkers were investigated. KP passed a polygraph. There was no evidence of marriage trouble, affairs, financial issues or Sherri wanting a "vacation".
She was found in chains..malnourished and battered.
Who do you, if you'd like to share, think took this beautiful young woman and did these horrible things to her?

Of course they said there were no signs of trouble..why would you ever want the public to know if there were?
And quite frankly, it's none of the public's business.
How many times have we been led to believe that someone's life was just perfect, only to find out the truth, later?

<modsnip>

We really don't know what LE has investigated or are investigating. No idea.

JMO but we have a good idea of how LE investigates missing person cases based on the many we have followed here.
You don't think these important issues were looked into? IMO Keith's polygraph covered all of these and some even we haven't thought of

Who do you think abducted, tortured and branded this woman, Fairy1? If you'd like to share..

My first thought (and was in this case) was that it was another solitary female jogger that got murdered. Female joggers who go missing lately have turned up dead.

SP is pretty and young - younger looking than she even is. If I were her husband, I'd leap to the same horrible conclusion after a bit more time had gone by - that she was raped and then murdered. Because, sadly, that's the most common outcome when women go missing.

Up to that point, I'd still think maybe she'd dropped that phone while checking the mail, didn't realize it, and had started jogging, only to lose track of time.

I think that the divine trifecta occurred by Nov 6 (whether that includes 2 or 3 individuals, I'm not sure yet), but KP was reluctant/scared to go this route and didn't give the ok until Nov 14. Probably the report getting it wrong, IMO.

Ah,okay.Thanks.So that would mean that since the letter on 11/6 made it clear that the AD was already working with CG, that CG went ahead and contacted the kidnappers and colluded with his "anonymous donor" without yet getting KP's permission.

Exceptionally interesting.

This thread is a wealth of ideas for wanna be fiction writers...but I don't think the truth is anything like what is being speculated here. I'm not sure if we'll ever know the truth.

Discussing* this case today Mr. Sneakers told me "You should write an episode of Law and Order."

*By "discussing" I mean I demanded his attention and detailed every fact while throwing in my own theories.

Just some general thoughts...

CG's (and his alleged AD) seem to be a massive red herring in this case. Either that, or a massive clue. It's kind of impossible to really pin that down right now. Either way, CG is an established liar. He admitted to this after the MSM (and SM) was all over him. Dude was way in over his head. Or... thought he was smarter than everyone else (including the local LE handling the investigation and others).

As for SP's "brand" being a message and not a symbol, (as per the SCSO) that tells me, it's a word or a phrase. It doesn't mean SP or KP or anyone else knows what it signifies. They might, or they might not. I hope SP can consult with a cosmetic surgeon at some point and have it removed for no other reason than her peace of mind, and KP's too.

SP may or she may not know why, she was released. It's entirely possible they told her zip.

It's almost impossible, for people (female Hispanics or not) to have handled SP's restraints & the bag over her head (and SP's physical body itself), without their DNA being transferred to those items in some way. Unless they used gloves - but interestingly enough, gloves have never been mentioned. For as smart as criminals think they are, most of them haven't studied the latest tools crime labs have at their disposal to extract DNA. It's not tv crime stuff. We all read about this time and time again in each new case we follow. These tech strategies are being used and tested all the time and the info grows by leaps and bounds almost every week. I believe once the lab comes back with DNA results, IF there are any, this is when the SCSO will hold their next presser.

Has SP done the same thing AH did after NK released her? Certainly possible. It wouldn't be the first time and I don't think anyone would fault her for it. Well, some might, but some people are just kind of... jerks. I know I wouldn't. I have 7 kids and if I went through what she did and my kids were threatened, I'd lie the same way AH did. No two ways about it However, if lab tests come back and contradict what's she's said, that will be handled (I suspect most delicately) between her and the LE agencies handling this investigation.

Just some random thoughts. FWIW.

I'm not familiar with how DNA testing works. Let's say they find DNA. Do they then compare that DNA to others that they already have in the system? Is DNA only helpful if they either have a suspect in custody or if the person's DNA is already in the system? What if the DNA found is not in their system already?

I'm not familiar with how DNA testing works. Let's say they find DNA. Do they then compare that DNA to others that they already have in the system? Is DNA only helpful if they either have a suspect in custody or if the person's DNA is already in the system? What if the DNA found is not in their system already?

Then it gets input into the system and they wait for a match to show up later.

Discussing* this case today Mr. Sneakers told me "You should write an episode of Law and Order."

*By "discussing" I mean I demanded his attention and detailed every fact while throwing in my own theories.

Glad I'm not the only one!

Of course they said there were no signs of trouble..why would you ever want the public to know if there were?
And quite frankly, it's none of the public's business.
How many times have we been led to believe that someone's life was just perfect, only to find out the truth, later?

Agree. But when someone disappeares, LE doesn't just take those closest to the victims word...they look into it.

Hahahha..I just did that to my husband, over dinner. He was truly horrified!

Unless the AD reveals that info we won't know..
Possibility:
Perhaps AD had a close friend or family member who had suddenly disappeared and no body had been found and wanted to help fellow humans find their loved one
JMO

And despite their loved one being murdered,jumped to the conclusion that this was a rare ransom kidnapping?

I do the same with Mr. North. I don't require him to respond, other than the occasional nod of agreement. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member