Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. But when someone disappeares, LE doesn't just take those closest to the victims word...they look into it.

I agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we are ever given the information that they find. Just saying that there is no way for us to really know what was happening in their lives. We often find that info out after the fact.
And often, there was more going on than we were aware of.

And despite their loved one being murdered,jumped to the conclusion that this was a rare ransom kidnapping?

Yes. Rare ransom kidnapping was their conclusion. But they don't know WHO and they don't know WHY and they say no money was paid. Another odd piece of the puzzle.

Ah,okay.Thanks.So that would mean that since the letter on 11/6 made it clear that the AD was already working with CG, that CG went ahead and contacted the kidnappers and colluded with his "anonymous donor" without yet getting KP's permission.

Exceptionally interesting.

Yes, but the only "contact with kidnappers" was trying to get that media source to publish the letter, which they refused. And maybe having the website up with that letter on it. No videos were released until after getting KP to agree (11/18 I think). I think I have that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with how DNA testing works. Let's say they find DNA. Do they then compare that DNA to others that they already have in the system? Is DNA only helpful if they either have a suspect in custody or if the person's DNA is already in the system? What if the DNA found is not in their system already?
I know that relatives will pop up if they are in the system.
What about people who do it on their own? Like 23&me. Does that go into CODIS because you willingly submitted your DNA? I know it goes into some art of data bank.... anyone know?

JMO but we have a good idea of how LE investigates missing person cases based on the many we have followed here.
You don't think these important issues were looked into? IMO Keith's polygraph covered all of these and some even we haven't thought of

Who do you think abducted, tortured and branded this woman, Fairy1? If you'd like to share..

Oh yes - I think everything is important. Personally, I have never seen a MP case quite like this one. I'm not going to say what I believe happened here. I believe LE will figure it all out.

I do the same with Mr. North. I don't require him to respond, other than the occasional nod of agreement. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I demand responses:

"What would a mob boss say?" "If a person didn't yawn would you assume he was a sociopath?" "Would you believe me if I told you there's a Fibonacci serial killer?" "Do you think I'm right?" "You have to admit I'm probably right, right?"

And of course detailed opinions on branding vs. tattooing.

:)

No,you misunderstand. How did this "anonymous donor" know BEFORE SP was found and told what happened? How did heknow in that first couple of days she was kidnapped and being held by someone?

It's extremely rare that a suburban mom goes missing and it turns out like this case did. There are other, more common reasons suburban wives/mothers go missing. Either they took off (marital problems, nervous breakdown/mental problems, affairs, or they are raped and killed and their bodies buried somewhere).

In my 20s, my younger sister went missing. My family and I didn't know she was missing until day 3, when her idiot of a husband finally called us (she lives 2000 miles away from us and we spoke once a week: this was in the days before iphones, texting and social media, so we wouldn't have known yet something was wrong). Our first thought NEVER would have been that she was kidnapped and being held for ransom, or for sex trafficking, or for torture, or to be held as a sex slave for a newly released prisoner. No. Sickening as it is to remember, our FEAR was that she'd met a fate like so many other young women meet - that she was followed home, raped, and killed). Our HOPE at that point was that it was something like she was angry at her husband and took off to punish him, or even that she was off with another guy. The reality turned out to be anger at her husband (we found out he'd hit her - for the first AND last time, thankfully - and she had taken off).

Had a guy called me and said he was a hostage negotiator and told me that there was an anonymous donor who thinks she was taken and being held, and he was going to put up money to get her back, I'd have been suspicious as all hell, slammed down the phone, and reported him to the police.

It's really weird. And why is there a CG a self proclaimed "ransom negotiator" involved where there is no demand for ransom? Why does that job even exist in this country? What kind of demand is there for that service? How many legitimate for ransom kidnap pings are there in the US?

I could see there being a need for a ransom negotiator in places like Bogota or Caracas but why on earth would a ransom negotiator set up shop in Redding? It's like moving to Florida to be a ski instructor.

Oh, I demand responses:

"What would a mob boss say?" "If a person didn't yawn would you assume he was a sociopath?" "Would you believe me if I told you there's a Fibonacci serial killer?" "Do you think I'm right?" "You have to admit I'm probably right, right?"

A worthy sequence.

California is among a handful of states that allows the use of familial DNA. That's how the Grim Sleeper serial killer was finally identified, apprehended and convicted.

The serial killer's DNA wasn't in the criminal database. But, his son's DNA was in a database and registered a hit against DNA recovered from a victim.

On a side note, I read yesterday that NYPD is petitioning to use familial DNA in hopes of finding a hit for the DNA recovered from the body of slain jogger Karina Vetrano. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...testing-find-vetrano-killer-article-1.2903122

Discussing* this case today Mr. Sneakers told me "You should write an episode of Law and Order."

*By "discussing" I mean I demanded his attention and detailed every fact while throwing in my own theories.

LOL I do that too to the misses. :)

The past few days Ive been mainly reading and thinking more about the case.

Glad this case turned out well for SP and so glad she is home with her family. Too many cases dont end up well like this one did.

Which got me thinking about how the AD and website and message to the abductors was so confident they were talking to abductors that had a live person. Practically everything about this case was speaking to an abductor and assuming they were holding her.

Im not sure of the odds but when I first saw the news about this pretty lady being taken I sadly assumed she was raped and murdered that very night.

Something about this case had others thinking the complete opposite.

I don't know the number in Redding, but there are several companies that offer consulting across the US. There are a large number of trafficking victims that are abducted and with California leading the US in trafficking, I don't see why it's so surprising that many cities including Redding would offer these services (especially given its location along the trafficking corridor). JMO

The company has marshaled industry experts to create a holistic team and provide time sensitive and proven kidnap for ransom response methodologies that are unmatched in the specialty market of crisis response services.

Our crisis management unit is managed by a veteran crisis response team leader, monitored by a highly experienced crisis response executive with over 30 years of proven experience in kidnap for ransom and extortion resolutions and delivered by very skilled, regionally focused crisis response consultants.

San Diego
4660 La Jolla Village Drive
Suite 500
San Diego, CA 92122
U.S.A.

http://www.focuspointintl.com/contact/

Furthermore, your policy can include the service of a crisis team who can bring their experience to the table to ensure that risks are properly addressed and all communications are carefully handled. This will ensure the safety of the kidnapping victim. It will also help you or your business minimize ransoms paid or money extorted so that you will know your money (even though it will be reimbursed by your policy) will not be padding the pockets of wrongdoers.
5000 Van Nuys Blvd.
6th Floor
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-1793

https://hoffmanbrown.com/contact/

[h=1]Human Trafficking Investigations and Kidnap for Ransom Consultancy[/h]
The kidnapping, trading and/or selling of human beings into the sex, labor or drug trade is a worldwide phenomenon. NGInvestigations, INC. has a worldwide network of resources and Intelligence assets that can assist in the locate and the speedy recovery of your loved ones that have been trafficked or taken for ransom.
Locations: FL, GA, TN, NC, SC, VA, AL, TX, CA, NV, CO, NY, MS
http://nginvestigations.com

Do you know the number of kidnap negotiators located in Redding?

I don't know the number in Redding, but there are several companies that offer consulting across the US. There are a large number of trafficking victims that are abducted and with California leading the US in trafficking, I don't see why it's so surprising that many cities including Redding would offer these services (especially given its location along the trafficking corridor). JMO

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://nginvestigations.com[/FONT][/COLOR]

Agree. Security consulting, self protection is big business these days all over the country.

If it wasn't a dark SUV, then surely she would tell LE if the "actual vehicle" showed up on surv? It did pull up while she was running, so she could certainly identify it.

But after being beaten, chained in the dark, and half starved for 3 weeks, who knows how well she could remember what happened that day.

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://nginvestigations.com[/FONT][/COLOR]

I just think it's an interesting coincidence there was a negotiator available in Redding who was located by a donor and was willing to take this case pro-bono. (i might have the pro-bono wrong.) It's especially interesting to me he was willing to take on such a high-profile case blind (no clue who the abductors were or what they wanted) when he is so inexperienced.

Across the US includes Atlanta, btw. :)

Oh, I demand responses:

Your husband is a prince among men with the patience of a saint! :D

Now please expound about a "Fibonacci serial killer." Inquiring minds and all that...

Can someone please remind me of the sheriff called SP's disappearance an abduction, capture or kidnap ? Any MSM articles are appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500