Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for people more knowledgeable in this area but if he did listen in on the line how long would it take him to get everything back to normal before leaving the exchange/junction?

I feel he must of listened to SS call. Put magnetic taxi signs over the telstra/telcom. Approached SS with window down yelled out "taxi for spiers?" She wouldn't of second guessed seeing he knew her name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty quickly - you just attach a special phone with a metal clip and clip it to the copper telephone wire. It's like putting a peg on the clothes line.

I just wonder how they got the familial DNA to test against. How would they pick him out and then test a family members DNA. It's not a straight forward thing, there are certain markers that need to match up..... then they could match things like mitacondrial DNA to further confirm the match. But still it only confirms it's a child of his mother and presumably from the familial DNA his father. MtDNA is passed down from the mother only.... and not in red blood cells. Intriguing! A full match is a match though and they apparently have that.

I just wonder how they got the familial DNA to test against. How would they pick him out and then test a family members DNA. It's not a straight forward thing, there are certain markers that need to match up..... then they could match things like mitacondrial DNA to further confirm the match. But still it only confirms it's a child of his mother and presumably from the familial DNA his father. MtDNA is passed down from the mother only.... and not in red blood cells. Intriguing! A full match is a match though and they apparently have that.

The only thing they have confirmed is they took his dna after arrest. Maybe they got the familial thing first via some anscentory.com hit.

Well I deleted the face match because it seemed you said its the wrong picture . pretty sure its the correct man who is in the matchup I want to post

Sorry about that. There was nothing wrong with your post, it was a good contribution.

The only thing they have confirmed is they took his dna after arrest. Maybe they got the familial thing first via some anscentory.com hit.

Or from BE's brother if, for example, the brother had previously committed an offence.

(I'm a long term guest, just registered today.)

Yeah wouldn't surprise me one bit if a family members DNA was recently added to the system over an unrelated crime and this set them on the path to finding BE.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Never thought I'd see the day this would happen!

On a side note, are there any good documentaries or other things about the CSK around? My daughter is too young to have remembered much of this and is interested now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I really don't think he tapped phones. Why would he need to do that when he could just be watching a payphone and drive buy a few mins later saying 'taxi?' and be 1) right most of the time, 2) not suspicious because anyone would think 'not for me but for somebody else'?

When booking a taxi you would be asked for a name. When a taxi arrived the driver would ask for that name so they knew they were picking up the correct client. This was expected of the driver. BE having the correct name would mean that the victims would jump straight in his vehicle.

Or from BE's brother if, for example, the brother had previously committed an offence.

(I'm a long term guest, just registered today.)

This is the first I have read about a brother though I did notice a TR liking something on FB. Do you have personal knowledge of this offence/brother?

Please ask your Dad whether it was common for smaller suburban exchanges to be manned at night. If not, could any Telstra technician rock up during the night and let themselves in? Were there any specific security procedures? Would they have kept records of technicians entering and leaving?

OK, I will ask him those questions. In the meantime, if it's of any use - during my previous conversation with him, about two weeks ago, regarding the possibility that the CSK might have been a Telstra employee, he said that most Techies didn't work at the exchange by the 1990's. I said, 'But they must have had a place that they went to meet or to discuss jobs,' and he said something about them having an office somewhere away from the exchange.

I'll ask him for more details. An interesting Christmas lunch it will be.

This is the first I have read about a brother though I did notice a TR liking something on FB. Do you have personal knowledge of this offence/brother?
There was someone with the same surname on his fb, lived in Broome from memory.

Don't know anything about a crime, that was probably speculation.

When booking a taxi you would be asked for a name. When a taxi arrived the driver would ask for that name so they knew they were picking up the correct client. This was expected of the driver. BE having the correct name would mean that the victims would jump straight in his vehicle.

Gotcha, thanks. Never caught a taxi so did not realise. Still wonder if many people, after a few drinks, would just take the first taxi that comes.

I've actually never been asked for my name when booking a taxi. I do however live in a smallish town so there isnt much of a queue going on.
I think he was nearby watching people call or tapping the calls then just offering a lift or maybe pretending to be the taxi they were waiting for.
What color are the taxis in perth? I know they are usually white everywhere I've lived.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ha, wouldn't that be interesting!

I thought I'd read it they had matched him, but maybe not :/.

I find it interesting that one of the girls in that school photo become a well respected Perth Lawyer while Bradley Edwards become a serial killer, oh how the journey of life takes different roads!

Ha, wouldn't that be interesting!

I thought I'd read it they had matched him, but maybe not :/.

I am on terrible form this morning. They DID match him, after taking dna after arrest. Retiring from the thread for now as I am making too many mistakes.

I remember when BC burned down.... You could smell the smoke for days afterwards all the way along Stirling highway. The comment about pretending to fix a broken pay phone then offering a pretty young girl a lift to the next working one is an excellent suggestion. He may have said "look jump in and I'll just drop you Home if you like. Seeing as it's telstra's fault you can't get s cab it's the least I can do" If he was charming or fatherly enough it may well have been his MO
Remember he would have only been 30 so to be fatherly would have been a stretch...

I think he would have charmed them. If he is indeed the guy from the CCTV footage, look at the reaction in JRs face. In a matter of seconds he's made her comfortable.

I don't think he pretended to be a taxi at all, nor hacked phone lines. Think he just waited in the right place, said the right things and off they went

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing and I hope this leads to more clues and leads about earlier crimes, and perhaps even link him to other unsolved crimes in the years from late 80's and bring closure to those people too.

I assume between the crimes in 1988 and 1995 that there would have been more incidences... as the break and enter/indecent assault/fleeing is far less sophisticated than the 1995 abduction into a van/cover the head/cord for restraint/aggravated sexual assault in a graveyard.
The first one seems more a crime of opportunity with perversion/stalking associated with it. Imo he must have known the 18 yr old at least lived there and maybe knew what room she slept in, and maybe was wondering around at night stealing clothes from clotheslines like a creepy pervert and got an "urge" so took the opportunity to take it out on this poor girl.
The second one seems like a crime of opportunity but fully planned out and had "hunting" involved.
The girl was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Imho that is a huge escalation alone, so I assume he gathered more experience between 1988 and 1995, unfortunately. So I really hope more crimes are solved as a result of this and more evidence gathered to ensure that he remains behind bars for good.

Maybe he still stole clothes from clotheslines as a precursor to all his crimes and to build up that "urge".
Would be interested to know how many reports of missing women's clothes from clotheslines there were around that time and where.
Im speculating here but if this was part of his MO, then it seems that the clothes would have to have been around the areas of the abduction spots as maybe the "urge" built up fairly fast and he had to act on it. I can't imagine him stealing clothes around the kewdale/gosnells area (if indeed that's where he lived at the time) then driving all the way out to Claremont.

Makes you wonder what he was doing in Claremont in the first place if he didn't live around there... maybe that's where his now ex wife lived at the time? Or someone else he knew? He'd have his car prepped and leave whomever's house he was visiting and go and commit these horrible acts?

For the record these are all just my opinions.

[emoji888] hi, this is my virgin WS input.
what a secretly most vile life this perp has led, and all that time managing to keep himself off the radar - it's almost a certainty his charges are the tip of an iceberg - everyone now pondering exactly how he has whiled his alone time, and how much else he may be responsible for.
—obviously not all of the following,
but plenty of reading and food for thought here —
if the links don't publish along with their stats
...they can be found by googling
missingandmurderedaustralia blogspot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

western australia

MISSING & MURDERED BY YEAR
► 2011 (6)
► 2010 (1)
► 2009 (1)
► 2008 (3)