MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud....years ago when I went out a lot, etc. it was definitely a thing that we would ask friends who were, at the time, more, uh...capable drivers, to drive our cars home for us. I'd ride in the passenger seat, someone would drive my car home with another friend following, and I'd get to sleep in my own bed and wake up with my car in the driveway with no annoying car-fetching errands to tend to in the morning. I don't know why I didn't think about this until now. Was it just me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just thinking out loud....years ago when I went out a lot, etc. it was definitely a thing that we would ask friends who were, at the time, more, uh...capable drivers, to drive our cars home for us. I'd ride in the passenger seat, someone would drive my car home with another friend following, and I'd get to sleep in my own bed and wake up with my car in the driveway with no annoying car-fetching errands to tend to in the morning. I don't know why I didn't think about this until now. Was it just me?

We did the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order for that to be the case, DS would have had to renege on her plans to meet her friend for dinner.

Unless you're insinuating that her friend drove her car home that night.

Didn't worry about it back in the 70's, ya ended up wherever and figured it out later. Dont think I would do the same things today, different time.

My kids use uber often, been known to not go get car for a couple days, they catch rides from others until they pick it back up. Sometimes a dd, sometimes they walk even in Mi winters. But they have a core group so there is always several of them and not just females. They are in DS's age group.

I meant more like 2006ish. [emoji6] My glory days were pre-Uber but well into the text era.

And I'm really not insinuating anything in particular. I'm just agreeing with the point made somewhere upthread that between what we "know" on Friday (getting off work at 4:30 or 5) and what we know on Saturday (Jeep at IGA by 6ish) are many, many hours.

I really hope tonight's broadcast has more information than what we got previously, although that has helped to clarify some more information for all us

I really hope tonight's broadcast has more information than what we got previously, although that has helped to clarify some more information for all us

I hope they name a POI...

Longtime WS'ers.... Have you ever followed a case similar to this one, where person has vanished without a trace, media/LE is hush, hush and virtually no public info other than they were acquainted in some way?

Thanks, GigTu! I consider myself fairly street smart (lived on the eastside of Detroit, went to school downtown Detroit, lived on my own since 19, spent a lot of time at sports games and concerts and bars/restaurants alone, work with schools in undesireable neighborhoods on the regular) and, regardless of if it's something or nothing, this whole incident has reminded me that I'm not as invincible as I convinced myself I was. I have a few super close friends who I've kept up to date on my police chats that now require "I made it to <wherever I'm going> safe" texts.

I grew up on the east side of Detroit, too! 8 and Gratiot area.

Pretty jaded at this point, but I'm guessing twists are things we know and the general public does not.

Longtime WS'ers.... Have you ever followed a case similar to this one, where person has vanished without a trace, media/LE is hush, hush and virtually no public info other than they were acquainted in some way?

yes .... it happens more than anyone would think, and it still astounds me. How can anyone just vanish without a trace? There are many, many cases here that are in this same category, unfortunately.

Chelsea Bruck was one Michigan case .... she disappeared from a party, very little info available, her clothes were found a couple months later. her body was found about six months after that. An arrest was not made for @ 2 1/2 years after her disappearance. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-22-Frenchtown-Twp-26-October-2014-6-*Arrest*

I still find it odd the news stations around here are doing sporadic stories. I feel this will be what we got from fox the other day, with maybe some little detail that may be a little different. Interested in seeing what the "twist" is.

Someone asked on the FDS page if the updates were new and the page replied "I don't know. hopefully". Not sure what kind of response that is, but breaks in a case aren't scheduled for a 11pm planned showing, but more of a "breaking news" sort of deal. :please:

yes .... it happens more than anyone would think, and it still astounds me. How can anyone just vanish without a trace? There are many, many cases here that are in this same category, unfortunately.

Chelsea Bruck was one Michigan case .... she disappeared from a party, very little info available, her clothes were found a couple months later. her body was found about six months after that. An arrest was not made for @ 2 1/2 years after her disappearance. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-22-Frenchtown-Twp-26-October-2014-6-*Arrest*

I grew up in same farming community / town ... perhaps 700 people in this incorporated village as they call it. Amazing family and neighbors. A true tragedy .

Pretty jaded at this point, but I'm guessing twists are things we know and the general public does not.

I agree, I feel here on WS many of us know more details and have done more investigating on the case than most others. Still hoping for something useful even if it's to get more ideas generated here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member