MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm compelled to respond to this...Because the friends reporting time is brought up, does not mean that someone is obsessed...

And I will agree with you, people do things differently.

Now let's look at the facts:

During the news conference, Danielle's own mother said "this is not a person that wouldn't show up."

"This was a very important meeting to Danielle..." Meeting, dinner, etc. whatever it was, mama Ann was adamant about the importance.

Now in theory, if you've been friends with somebody for 10+ years....You know the character of that person. It's been clearly defined that Danielle is not a "no show" flakey kinda gal. I have some friends that are flaky if they no-show, I wouldn't think twice about it. But close friends, that have an established integrity and pattern around their communication.... RED FLAG all day long.

So ,I'm sorry if it seems obsessive that people keep coming back to the friend... But, boy is there a big gap of time for a whole lot to have gone wrong and no one would know otherwise...At least not until 6 PM the next night.

I haven't heard from LE who is a suspect or a POI in this case... And although Holocene says LE has left said friend alone, i'm not necessarily convinced.

I'm not trying to create upset or be disrespectful, but Holocene is a VI, it may be very hard to accept some theories... Especially, if it's a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's quite alright. I don't mind questions or concerns so long as the poster is being respectful about it as you have just demonstrated.

But I've seen it posted that she'd made plans with the friend prior to this day. So why wouldn't she already have an overnight bag?? That is really bugging me.

Maybe they had plans to have dinner but had not yet come up with the plan that she would spend the night. Or maybe D's apt was on the way to her friend's house and she felt like packing after work vs in the AM and wanted to check on her cat anyway?

Since we know she had already planned to meet up with her friend, what is the significance in that she didn't pre-pack a bag? Is the idea that perhaps it is not true that she planned to meet her friend?

Holocene, I respect and admire how hard it must be for you to constantly stick up for DS's friends. This is a crime forum and sadly, no matter how many times you nicely ask people to stop saying things that you find hurtful, those same thoughts are most likely going to brought up many more times by new posters and people that continue to theorize, probably for as long as DS is missing. So with all due respect, maybe this site isn't the healthiest place for you to be at this time? Or, if you feel comfortable, give us your two cents... what do you think happened?

I, for one, do not want Holocene to leave .... :nooooo: please don't. I know this can be difficult, and as an old member I get frustrated with outlandish theories and bashing of friends or family members in some of our cases. Newbies are still learning how WS strives to be a bit more intelligent and thoughful than the forums that allow bashing, vulgarities, alien captures, and the like.

If only we could keep to the facts that are known, and be clear when a post is "just 'my opinion" (JMO) or theory, and be sure to add links when quoting a website or other media it would go a long way to keeping the threads open and running smoothly. Alas, things tend to slide out from under us and get away from the core purpose all too often.

thank goodness for great mods :uthere:
JMO

If you had plans that you knew your good friend got off work early for, and they didn't show up or return your texts/calls -- what would you do? Let's say it's a friend that would never miss a meeting with you.

In response to your inquiry, I would be terrified they were involved in an automobile accident. The 1st thing I would do is try to call them. Unanswered, I would contact police to see if there were reports of any accidents. If there were not, I would get in my car and replicate the drive I would have expected my friend had driven.

I hope this was helpful!

And you?

With all due respect, he is not a "no name" guy. His name is John Wygren. His name is mentioned in the article and shown on the video.

Thanks, I'm aware of that now I commented back to that before seeing that it was discussed later in the thread that his name was listed

I, for one, do not want Holocene to leave .... :nooooo: please don't. I know this can be difficult, and as an old member I get frustrated with outlandish theories and bashing of friends or family members in some of our cases. Newbies are still learning how WS strives to be a bit more intelligent and thoughful than the forums that allow bashing, vulgarities, alien captures, and the like.

If only we could keep to the facts that are known, and be clear when a post is "just 'my opinion" (JMO) or theory, and be sure to add links when quoting a website or other media it would go a long way to keeping the threads open and running smoothly. Alas, things tend to slide out from under us and get away from the core purpose all too often.

thank goodness for great mods :uthere:
JMO

Yes, it is imperative that factual information be separated from hypotheses and hearsay. And links which support facts, a bonus.
And yes, it is good when these types of forums have strong mods.

The Mattress. It's a sticky situation, pun unintended. Suppose results come back and it's proven DS was in an Oxford St bed. How does one prove unrequited love. People are interviewed, opinions are shared but how does that help the prosecutor without evidence that a crime was even committed. "Why did you lie to us? Why did you tell us she was never in your house?" The suspect talks about his marriage. Can you really arrest this guy and put him in jail for hindering the investigation. And if you can legally do it, do you? I know people have been prosecuted in the past, charged and convicted of murder even though a body was never found but is there enough circumstantial evidence in this case. If LE knows 10 times more facts then we do, it isn't saying much. This case is weird. I hope they find Danielle. But sometimes I think without a corpse, nothing will be resolved.

Why do you assume unrequited love? Have you considered the possibility of a consensual relationship?

But I've seen it posted that she'd made plans with the friend prior to this day. So why wouldn't she already have an overnight bag?? That is really bugging me.

Excellent catch! Maybe they were last minute plans. Or maybe at thefts minute they made a decision to do something like go skiing or out partying and she needed additional warm clothes or a dress?

I sometimes wait to pack for a week vacation an hour before I need to leave to the airport. In my 20s, I would never have packed a bag in advance if there was some other reason I knew I wanted to stop home- even to just change out of my work clothes. Packing an overnight bag takes 5 min. I don't understand the focus on that detail. That said, I do wonder about the timeline of the friend becoming concerned but without more information about details of the plans that night or text transcripts along with anything else the friend has going on that we don't know about, it's nearly impossible to really make sense of or a judgment about.

I'm mostly curious about continuing to not ask for searches, at least of personal properties in the area. The only real reason I can see for this is if they already have strong evidence to support she is not in state.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it seems that the Oxford home was searched not looking for a violent crime. Just that DS was there(and with whoever they linked her to). Whomever that individual is they must have an alibi given they were not ID'd as a POI at this point. Just my speculating there was some kind of intimate involvement DS had, and that person has been ruled out so far due to an alibi, and no evidence of a violent encounter. Cars and mattress for her DNA/existence in that situation. If anything it happened somewhere else and the suspect took her car back. I think LE is watching/waiting for the POI to screw up and lead LE to info. For all we know POI is covering up for someone, I thought maybe the oxford home was a meeting place for DS and the POI. I dunno just my own theory. My mind goes to affair and deception of some sort with this home and they just don't have anything concrete.

Seasoned WS'ers... Can you think of any other cases (similar in being an missing adult person) where they specifically asked the public to not do active searches, ground searches, etc.

I understand the need to keep the integrity of the investigation and wanting to preserve evidence... There are other ways to search. This is a part of this case that I don't comprehend.

I watched the press conference for the 1st time tonight. Not sure of the date but the one about 30 minutes. Did anyone else sense the officer seemed discouraged when he said something like yes, lets hope we get his resolved. I don;t recall the exact words, but he looked hopeless.

So I'll toss this back at you:

1. Maybe they have a strong indication the subject is deceased
2. Or maybe they have a strong indication she is alive, out of state

And I ask you,

If they suspect she's crossed state boundaries, is anyone aware whether any other state police are involved (i.e. billboards,...)

I sometimes wait to pack for a week vacation an hour before I need to leave to the airport. In my 20s, I would never have packed a bag in advance if there was some other reason I knew I wanted to stop home- even to just change out of my work clothes. Packing an overnight bag takes 5 min. I don't understand the focus on that detail. That said, I do wonder about the timeline of the friend becoming concerned but without more information about details of the plans that night or text transcripts along with anything else the friend has going on that we don't know about, it's nearly impossible to really make sense of or a judgment about.

I'm mostly curious about continuing to not ask for searches, at least of personal properties in the area. The only real reason I can see for this is if they already have strong evidence to support she is not in state.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree. That's why I think she had to pick up something else or feed the cat or something else important.

That's quite alright. I don't mind questions or concerns so long as the poster is being respectful about it as you have just demonstrated.

Holocene, If you were next to me, I would ask if I could give you a hug. I know this must be so hard for you. I'm really sorry but the mission here is to solve this.

And when Danielle comes home, and all the facts come out, you can do the happy dance and do all the "I told you so" finger pointing!

SG is still my number one POI!

Holocene, I do have a question for you and I'm not asking for the details if you do know... But does someone, anyone (Danielle's parents) know what plans the girls had for that Friday night? In other words, their intentions were known? Or at least, are now known?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it seems that the Oxford home was searched not looking for a violent crime. Just that DS was there(and with whoever they linked her to). Whomever that individual is they must have an alibi given they were not ID'd as a POI at this point. Just my speculating there was some kind of intimate involvement DS had, and that person has been ruled out so far due to an alibi, and no evidence of a violent encounter. Cars and mattress for her DNA/existence in that situation. If anything it happened somewhere else and the suspect took her car back. I think LE is watching/waiting for the POI to screw up and lead LE to info. For all we know POI is covering up for someone, I thought maybe the oxford home was a meeting place for DS and the POI. I dunno just my own theory. My mind goes to affair and deception of some sort with this home and they just don't have anything concrete.

Like you said, they indeed may have had an intimate relationship. But if they did, wouldn't that person be looking for her too? Or perhaps it was an intimate relationship which he or she wanted to end. Anything is possible

In response to your inquiry, I would be terrified they were involved in an automobile accident. The 1st thing I would do is try to call them. Unanswered, I would contact police to see if there were reports of any accidents. If there were not, I would get in my car and replicate the drive I would have expected my friend had driven.

I hope this was helpful!

And you?

I would call and text the person a few times. If a couple hours went by I would text any mutual friends or her siblings that I knew. I would hesitate to text/call her parents in fear of worrying them. If more time went by I would go back and forth about calling her parents or the police. However, on a Fri night, I also might have a couple of glasses of wine and get sleepy. (Not that EVER happens to me--riiiight.)

I watched the press conference for the 1st time tonight. Not sure of the date but the one about 30 minutes. Did anyone else sense the officer seemed discouraged when he said something like yes, lets hope we get his resolved. I don;t recall the exact words, but he looked hopeless.

So I'll toss this back at you:

1. Maybe they have a strong indication the subject is deceased
2. Or maybe they have a strong indication she is alive, out of state

And I ask you,

If they suspect she's crossed state boundaries, is anyone aware whether any other state police are involved (i.e. billboards,...)

Oh! That is a great question!!!

Ohio ppl?? Indiana? Illinois?? Anybody?

IMO, even if she did make plans earlier, that doesn't mean she HAD to pack a bag. I work far away from where I live and my family and friends live even farther, so think of me as the middle man between the two places. Sometimes I come home from work and am so tired, I go to bed and just bank on the fact that I can leave work the next day, stop at home quickly- throw some leggings, a sweatshirt and makeup in a bag- and I am back on the road in 10 minutes headed towards my destination. Even though I should have probably packed the night before... [emoji847]haha... but I guess I'm just saying it depends on if I feel organized or energetic enough to get my stuff together the night before even though I know I have plans the following day. Perhaps DS had this type of mindset. Stop home super quick.

I don't feel comfortable speculating at this point. The facts we have been given seem strongly suggestive in one direction. That being said, I still don't know enough to speak to it succinctly in one way or another, especially since the POI could still potentially be innocent. If that is the case, that family is also being put through hell (which they are regardless of guilt).

I have no problem being here. What I do not appreciate is being referred to as a "sissy" simply because I'd prefer to stick to the facts and what I know about Danielle personally. The fact that other people, as you said, will continue to come here and post the same negative things is why I choose to return.

I truly appreciate your presence here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do we know if she showed to work on Thursday. Do we know if she slept in her own bed Thursday or if she was at that friends house where she was expected back on Friday. But vanished. Was she a member in any social groups? Any co-ed sports? Pool layer? Without these facts it's tough to go the right direction. Did she like to dance? Or sing? Did she do Karaoke? Wrong place wrong time? Stalked at the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub