TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods can correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't think they would close a thread because of us being close to being right about it.

They close a thread when there isn't anything new and/or we start bickering too much. So with that latter part in mind, I want you all to know how much I love you and that I agree with everything that everyone has ever said. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are very funny. !

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

.5 (medium speed) replaced showing endless loop, blank page indicates start:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwcW5PZW1tZWN5bDA/view?usp=sharing

Reaching up to the passenger visor or the rear view mirror. Looking away from the building he was supposedly casing and worried about what was behind him? Definitely a man! (Finally! Feels good to say) Light colored shirt sleeve. Passenger seat seems empty, at least no person riding shotgun. Was he aware of the pole camera and pulling the visor down to block view into the backseat? Seems to look right at it.

I remember seeing the original that is different than the reenactment on NG. On NG, the tape goes straight to black but in the original, it is not a smooth transition as it is more as if someone covers the camera lens with a dark/black cloth.
rodee, is this correct on how you remember it, too?

Yes, it was more like a slow "blink" for lack of a better description.. I saw it when SP was clearly in view, walking towards another hallway. Well before the time MB would have shown up.

Oh well, I'm glad you saw it too! It could have been a lens malfunction.. I have no idea. :thinking: Certainly not something you can "unsee."

The report used by NG was originally done by Crime Watch Daily. This is the link. They have the story that the video mysteriously goes black which it does in the video but of course that video is not all there is and they say the video goes black after MB enters and walks to where the SP is located. So this version of "mysteriously going black" is just their version.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/04...caught-on-camera-just-before-trainers-murder/

Not to beat a dead horse.. but that is not the video. It was the very first release by LE, not on a crime show.

I'm not trying to convince anyone.

The mods can correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't think they would close a thread because of us being close to being right about it.

They close a thread when there isn't anything new and/or we start bickering too much.

RS&BBM

Correct. So the takeaway is that like He-Man, you (members) have the power. Use it for good and the thread stays open :D

[video=youtube;-dJolYw8tnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk[/video]

I saw it too as I mentioned some threads ago. I saw it on Today on NBC iirc. That's our usual show we watch while getting the kids out the door for school. It literally stopped me in my tracks when I saw SP, then the camera went black. It's what peeked my interest in this case because it was so eerie. I've looked for that footage numerous times and can't find it. All JMHO

Thank you tlcya! Wisely said - as always.

-----------

Why don't we re-brief our approach to this case. Sometimes the details take so much attention, that we forget about the bigger picture.

The details are very distracting and this may be the entire meaning to them. If this was an ordered hit, what a craziness to spend so much time in front of the cameras and giving so much information away. At least that's how it appears.

If this was an interrupted burglary or vandalism, where are the mistakes? Someone planning to burglarize or to vandalize a church ("for heavens' sake.." or the opposite thereof..) will make mistakes, if the actions result in murder.

Iagreewithjethro4WSon the perp knowing exactly what they are doing, when they are doing it and who they are doing it to.The person in the video is not doing this for the first time. With "this" I address, what can be seen on camera. They seem confident and relaxed. They did not see the need to dress down in order not to sweat for example. They dressed up andslowed themselves down for a quick getaway and are also not very concerned to have a full range of view or perfect hearing (balaclava in addition to helmet).

One can say, well, they did not expect anyone to be at the church that early in the morning. And that's exactly the point, it is early in the morning. The individual has to think about a safe egress and a secure way to get back to his place of residency. He could not have known how long the church operation will last. The later in time, the more people will be on the road including police, but witnesses for sure.
If that burglar was so smart, he would not have had the need to break into a church wearing a $$$ amount worth of an outfit to steal for what or vandalize for - pleasure? He could have pawned his outfit..

Doing all this for a game? It takes a lot of criminal energy to break into a secure building and vandalize the place, again, they wouldn't be doing that for the first time. Mistakes would have been made during and after the murder, he would have already been apprehended IMO.

I am -still- going for the ordered hit- revenge- hate angle.The crime splits into several phases, the pre-crime phase, the during-crime phase and the post-crime phase.

• Pre - crime phase splits into events minutes/ hours/days/weeks/months and years before the crime.
  • During - crime phase splits into directly involved evidence of the crime (like the break in/ entry point, the broken glass, the video tape, SP' outfit-size-weight-stance-handedness-characteristics-awkwardness, the route of the perpetrator inside the church, exit point, any surveillance tapes from surrounding businesses, cell phone dumps etc.)
  • Post-crime splits into minutes/hours/days/weeks/months after the crime.

With a targeted hit, MD would have to be the focus of some major and ongoing struggle from the perpetrator's point of view, something, that could not be resolved through words or actions or cooling off phases in a satisfactory way (for the perp).

We need to re-check all of MB's surroundings and look for overlaps of possible players( who was there before and after the murder and would have had a motive worth the effort) or events ( what is different now for who and why).

Perhaps someone could make the graphics, fill it with contents and visually show the overlap(s)?We need a clean approachto keep track of the bigger picture, in case there is one.All my opinion of course.-Nin

Thank you tlcya! Wisely said - as always.

-----------

Why don't we re-brief our approach to this case. Sometimes the details take so much attention, that we forget about the bigger picture.

The details are very distracting and this may be the entire meaning to them. If this was an ordered hit, what a craziness to spend so much time in front of the cameras and giving so much information away. At least that's how it appears.

If this was an interrupted burglary or vandalism, where are the mistakes? Someone planning to burglarize or to vandalize a church ("for heavens' sake.." or the opposite thereof..) will make mistakes, if the actions result in murder.

Iagreewithjethro4WSon the perp knowing exactly what they are doing, when they are doing it and who they are doing it to.The person in the video is not doing this for the first time. With "this" I address, what can be seen on camera. They seem confident and relaxed. They did not see the need to dress down in order not to sweat for example. They dressed up andslowed themselves down for a quick getaway and are also not very concerned to have a full range of view or perfect hearing (balaclava in addition to helmet).

One can say, well, they did not expect anyone to be at the church that early in the morning. And that's exactly the point, it is early in the morning. The individual has to think about a safe egress and a secure way to get back to his place of residency. He could not have known how long the church operation will last. The later in time, the more people will be on the road including police, but witnesses for sure.
If that burglar was so smart, he would not have had the need to break into a church wearing a $$$ amount worth of an outfit to steal for what or vandalize for - pleasure? He could have pawned his outfit..

Doing all this for a game? It takes a lot of criminal energy to break into a secure building and vandalize the place, again, they wouldn't be doing that for the first time. Mistakes would have been made during and after the murder, he would have already been apprehended IMO.

I am -still- going for the ordered hit- revenge- hate angle.The crime splits into several phases, the pre-crime phase, the during-crime phase and the post-crime phase.

• Pre - crime phase splits into events minutes/ hours/days/weeks/months and years before the crime.
  • During - crime phase splits into directly involved evidence of the crime (like the break in/ entry point, the broken glass, the video tape, SP' outfit-size-weight-stance-handedness-characteristics-awkwardness, the route of the perpetrator inside the church, exit point, any surveillance tapes from surrounding businesses, cell phone dumps etc.)
  • Post-crime splits into minutes/hours/days/weeks/months after the crime.

With a targeted hit, MD would have to be the focus of some major and ongoing struggle from the perpetrator's point of view, something, that could not be resolved through words or actions or cooling off phases in a satisfactory way (for the perp).

We need to re-check all of MB's surroundings and look for overlaps of possible players( who was there before and after the murder and would have had a motive worth the effort) or events ( what is different now for who and why).

Perhaps someone could make the graphics, fill it with contents and visually show the overlap(s)?We need a clean approachto keep track of the bigger picture, in case there is one.All my opinion of course.-Nin

Agree burglar interrupted wouldn't have know campers were waiting and to avoid them- would have high tailed it out.

I don't understand. It was dog blood. Why does it matter?

You are seeming to miss the point. Everyone knows that the dna blood a few weeks later result was the blood was not human. The BB and RB press conference poses concerns:
#1-Who takes a cheap shirt to the dry cleaner anyway?
#2 Who takes time from a grisly murder of a family member to go to dry cleaner?
#3 Who calls your own press conference about dog blood? (Example: Dry Clean Super Center said " Randy Bevers said a women's xxl white shirt had animal blood in it". The employee also said it looked as if someone had attempted to clean the shirt before it was dropped off-- from (KHOU.com/news/local/Texas.) In this raw interview, RB says he dropped off two bloody shirts. WHY was only one shirt on the SW???? Press tries to question RB, but he drowns them ou by talking over them.
#4 Who calls their own press conference and then can't get facts straight when talking to press? See #3
#5 What family member can't show enough respect for a recently murdered family person to keep from snickering and flashing pearly white grins while talking about dogs who are like a child, dog blood, no sleep, bad health, Mississippi plates, diligence of dry cleaner personnel, etc.

PROBLEM with the whole scenario is the double Bs have time to talk about everything except finding a killer. Actual problem is NOT just dog blood, <modsnip>

You are seeming to miss the point. Everyone knows that the dna blood a few weeks later result was the blood was not human. The BB and RB press conference poses concerns:
#3 Who calls your own press conference about dog blood? (Example: Dry Clean Super Center said " Randy Bevers said a women's xxl white shirt had animal blood in it". The employee also said it looked as if someone had attempted to clean the shirt before it was dropped off-- from (KHOU.com/news/local/Texas.) In this raw interview, RB says he dropped off two bloody shirts. WHY was only one shirt on the SW???? Press tries to question RB, but he drowns them ou by talking over them.
#4 Who calls their own press conference and then can't get facts straight when talking to press? See #3
#5 What family member can't show enough respect for a recently murdered family person to keep from snickering and flashing pearly white grins while talking about dogs who are like a child, dog blood, no sleep, bad health, Mississippi plates, diligence of dry cleaner personnel, etc.

PROBLEM with the whole scenario is the double Bs have time to talk about everything except finding a killer. Actual problem is NOT just dog blood, <modsnip>

Pretty much NONE of the above really happened. Lots of spin being injected, <modsnip>

I for one, totally agree to the above post. Thank you for your written thoughts ardenmost!!!!!!!
Clarifying ~ I agree with ardenmost.

1 - Someone who likes their cheap shirt.
2 - The same people that take time to eat, shower, and other things. Sad as it is, life goes on.
3 - The person who is going to be subjected to vitriol regardless of their actions. Throw the shirt away - cops dig it out of the trash and everyone thinks their hiding something, etc. Their way of giving the shirt to the cops for testing. Otherwise, the vitriol would have been worse.
4 - The person who isn't comfortable with public speaking.
5 - The person who isn't comfortable with public speaking.

Given that the cops have verified that both Bs were not even close to being in the area, how is dog blood on a shirt significant. Basically, you're saying you don't like their demeanor.

Did anyone else here see “See No Evil” on ID channel about midnight last night? It’s a miracle I get any sleep watching this stuff before going to bed. So a 21 YO girl hops on her bike at 1:40 am to bike to her house from a friends (probably not the greatest idea in the world). Blond locks and shorts and all. She never made it home and vanished without a trace. Happened in Lafayette, LA, pop 125K (bit bigger than Midlo).

LE went to EVERY CCTV in the area (took over 300 videos) and pour over them over a couple days. They traced her forward(they knew where she probably would go). They found her on 3 of the videos. So they traced them forward and realized she disappeared after the third video (and before where she should have shown up on the fourth one. Banks, government offices, Conveniencestores’ it was shocking to see how many cameras are up. Varying degrees of quality. From blurry to clear.

So now they knew where she disappeared and then they went back and saw there were 3 cars in the area (1:30 a.m. mind you). 2 of them they were able to trace down and exonerate the people (going to work, etc). The third one was a white chevy pick up. They saw it suddenly change direction to follow the girl in a previous video.

So now they just had to figure out what wolf was driving the white chevy pick-up. The pickup was found burned out across the TX line (they published pictures of the pickup). And it was owned by a sex offender. And from there they just put the pieces together (traded the whereabouts of her remains for the death sentence).

That mayhave been our best bet to figure out who was meandering around at 3:30 in the morning. Midlo is about 1/5 the size of Lafayette. 3:30 is less busy than 1:30. The trick is that CCoC sits on a relatively busy highway. This would have taken an army of manpower to see who was driving toward the area of the church at that time. You’d probably have to trace itgoing backwards, not forward. And figure out which one’s lives intercepts with MB’s. Hindsight is always 20/20.

And I guess that’s why they call me WannaB.

I agree that this press conference was weird. First, if people have a clear conscience, they usually don’t feel the need to explain so much. When a family member is murdered or dies tragically and the media comes knocking, most people say something like “please respect our privacy at this time.” Instead, BB and RB go on and on. And then there’s BB’s body language, RB laughing, etc. And BB talks about how people on FB are saying he’s guilty. That would be disconcerting for a spouse in his situation, but it’s weird that he brings it up. It’s like he’s more concerned with what people think about him (and he’s obsessed with explaining his alibi) – more than with who killed his wife. I don’t see how he can just chat about everything without being overcome with emotion. While none of this proves guilt, it’s suspicious behavior IMO. But again, MB had so much going on that of course, there are plenty of POIs to go around.

ETA: I don't know if BB called the press conference. I thought he said (in the same raw video of that interview) that LE told him to expect the media since they knew about the shirt (paraphrasing). My interpretation is that BB then thought he should give a statement to the media to "put out the fire" about the shirt. But, of course, it was not required, which leads to my paragraph above about the obsessive over-explaining of everything.

JMO... yes this has already been discussed at the start of case. Now 9 months has passed and we are starting to go back to old tapes to see if we missed anything. After looking at a few different POI, some of us are going back to where we started. It's not about the dog blood or shirt at this point, I think you (and me) are reading body language. Scott Peterson messed up by saying "Laci's missing." No one thought much about it UNTIL they started noticing his actions later. Then when you go back, you realize he knew she was missing because he did it. I do think you are looking at the bigger picture now. Not the details of dog blood but the things that investigators look at.... emotions...actions...body language. Does it make them guilty? No it doesn't. But we all have commented on the calmness of the perp at church and yes we do look at actions. Who could be getting ready to murder someone and be so calm? I agree with you and you make good points. Some disagree and that's ok. Part of sleuthing! Thanks!

I would like to hear from some of the new sleuths on this thread. I think the old timers such as myself is missing something. I have started from ground zero again!

If you happened to catch the SP carrying the VHS tape then possibly he just removed the tape if that is what it used. They did state 2 shirts but I don't think after they put bleach on one of them, as said at cleaners, they could use it for DNA. So one was tested. I wish MPD would say how many was in the church. It may of been possible to park car in where they busted dbl doors, therefore they wouldn't be wet. If not, why did the doors get busted? I wonder if all the masks they had came from in town. Also, this person sure liked stuffed animals. Some in the car are seen in church. I do believe they only gave one person's height. JMO

Lots of people take clothing with specific stains on them to the dry cleaners. That's literally why they have that little tape to mark the stains with. Some people really like an inexpensive shirt because of the fabric or fit - and will do what they can to extend the life on it.

In the immediate aftermath of a traumatic family event, family members often split up the work, work in shifts, so that people can mourn and also continue the daily household chores that need to be done. When I went through a death in the family, I actually ran unnecessary errands just to get out of the house for a minute for some fresh air.

Calling a press conference was an amateur move - they thought they could clear things up but instead (at least here in this forum) they just opened themselves up to all sorts of scrutiny. Had the family lawyered up, they probably would have counseled them to not speak to the public so freely (for a variety of reasons).

I don't find anything strange about bb/rb behavior at all. As you mention, they have been under enormous stress and now they are dealing with a gaggle of reporters. I'm not sure if you have ever been subject to a press conference or been filmed on camera while answering questions, making statements etc. I have. There are cameras going - several big lenses pointed at you, lights, multiple people talking to you at the same time which could account for some of the facial movements you interpret as being weird. Also, when you are talking on the record, on camera, it's very difficult for inexperienced people to form full paragraph complete thoughts that are clear. There is actually media training people go through to be able to handle a press conference effectively. About the smiling -- i have a similar "tick" that i'm working on myself. I also tend to smile when i'm handed a loaded question or someone is being obtuse or i find the question ridiculous.

Interesting how the same press conference is interpreted in different ways, I for one think you are jumping to a lot of conclusions - in the face of this actually being dogs blood and having no relation to the murder.

So question is-- are you following this line of thinking because you think RB/BB are involved with the murder but deliberately dry-cleaned a dog-blood shirt in order to create the opportunity for a press conference so they could act weird? Do you think they took the shirt to the dry cleaners to focus public attention on them, then refute it with DNA testing because they had something to do with it?

If on the one hand you believe they are acting weird (and presumably that's a clue to the murder) you can't also believe that they did this intentionally if the result was that it drew attention to them. What does their behavior (other than it being weird to you) tell you about the murder? What conclusion are you drawing from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member