Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
With execution definitely "on the table," perhaps LLW will see things a bit differently now.

Perhaps looking for more "conclusive" evidence based on the reporter's statement that some were inconclusive that were found earlier. Looks like we are going to have to wait to see what comes out in court. It seems apparent that they are not going to "give" any information to the public--only court filings.

More bits and pieces, some clarity, and even more questions. Where to even start here...

http://wset.com/news/local/investigative-dig-underway-in-bedford-county-on-taylors-mountain-rd
"A neighbor on Taylor's Mountain Road said his brother knew one of the suspects who lived on the property; Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. is charged with murdering the two girls." Should we infer from this that LLW2 actually lived at the property on Taylors Mountain, or perhaps one of the three now deceased Parker family males at the residence were involved in the crime?

http://wset.com/news/local/court-do...-lloyd-welch-jr-of-rape-domestic-violence-etc
"According to the documents, the first victim recorded was in 1973, where a 15-year-old says Welch sexually assaulted her in Washington, D.C.
The following year, the documents show Welch's step-brother would testify he saw him rape a woman and also forced the girl to prostitute herself.
Throughout the following years, multiple victims from various states reported that they were assaulted, raped, and one victim said Welch forced her to take off her shirt at knife point before she managed to get away. Multiple female victims said they got into Welch's car at Wheaton Plaza in Maryland, and sensed danger, but had to roll down the window to escape because the door handle didn't work. Other victims reported that Welch approached them at the Plaza claiming he was a security guard, trying to get them to follow him."

Washington, DC, unfortunately makes me think of Eileen Kelly.
So one of his step-brothers saw him rape a girl and prostitute her? So did he then tell his father (LLW1) about it? No need to state the obvious conclusion.
LLW2 lured females to his car at Wheaton Plaza by pretending to be a security guard? LE previously said he did not have a car, although we know who did...
So sad that it has taken 40+ years to get to this point. Can't fathom the human trail of carnage and destruction that this and his ilk have caused before a deathbed confession brought it to the light. That's correct, it wasn't "fresh eyes on the case."

Well, it seems they might have some physical evidence against him with the DNA found in the basement of 4714 Baltimore Avenue. Although, it also indicates probable involvement of LLW Sr., the head of the household and mentor to Jr.

http://wsls.com/2017/02/09/dig-cont...l-be-introduced-in-lyon-sisters-murder-trial/

Here is what the article specifically says about the alleged finding of DNA:

"According to court documents, investigators found DNA evidence in a Hyattsville, Maryland basement. Welch told investigators one of the girls was killed and dismembered in that basement."

The article does not state the address of the Hyattsville house. Past news articles have stated that the home of Richard Welch was searched, but he did not live on Baltimore Ave.

The Baltimore Ave. address is where Lloyd's stepmother lived and it is the address Lloyd gave as his home to Montgomery County police on 1 April 1975, when he approached them with an offer of information on the case. I have not seen any information which states that this house was searched.

I have also not seen it reported that Lloyd Welch told LE a murder or dismemberment took place. The story was that he "walked in on his uncle and caught him in the act of molesting one of the girls in a basement." He also stated that he never saw the girl again.

More bits and pieces, some clarity, and even more questions. Where to even start here...

http://wset.com/news/local/court-do...-lloyd-welch-jr-of-rape-domestic-violence-etc
"According to the documents, the first victim recorded was in 1973, where a 15-year-old says Welch sexually assaulted her in Washington, D.C.
The following year, the documents show Welch's step-brother would testify he saw him rape a woman and also forced the girl to prostitute herself.
Throughout the following years, multiple victims from various states reported that they were assaulted, raped, and one victim said Welch forced her to take off her shirt at knife point before she managed to get away. Multiple female victims said they got into Welch's car at Wheaton Plaza in Maryland, and sensed danger, but had to roll down the window to escape because the door handle didn't work. Other victims reported that Welch approached them at the Plaza claiming he was a security guard, trying to get them to follow him."...

Washington, DC, unfortunately makes me think of Eileen Kelly. ...

It seems that the more information which is leaked out, the more questions arise. And none of the long standing questions are answered.

These recent court documents certainly paint a disturbing picture of Lloyd Welch, Jr. But how much of it will be allowed at the trial is questionable. The defense will almost certainly object to anything which does not apply specifically to the charges at hand.

Usually, misconduct not charged is not admissible because it is prejudicial to the case. The jury is only supposed to hear the charges, and the evidence which pertains directly to proof that the accused is guilty of that stated crime. It is later - if the accused is convicted on the merits and the evidence - when the case goes to the penalty/sentencing stage that other misconduct, convictions, etc can be introduced.

However, there are limits here too. For instance, sometimes crimes committed as a juvenile cannot be introduced. ( Remember that Lloyd Welch had just turned 18 in December 1974.)

And crimes which occurred AFTER the one(s) for which he is convicted might also be excluded.

An example of this would be when Fred Coffey was convicted of murdering Amanda Ray, a little girl 10 years old. He killed her in 1979, but was not tried for it until 1987. In 1986, he molested three children for a total of nine counts for which he was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison. A few months later, he was convicted of murdering Amanda, and during the sentencing phase, the 1986 molestations were introduced. He was given the death sentence. The sentence was affirmed in a second trial, but upon appeal, he was awarded a third trial because the Molestation convictions were considered prejudicial. The prevailing "logic" being that he might not have been a pedophile in 1979, but became one later, therefor the 1986 crimes against children were not applicable. At his third trial, he was again convicted, but at sentencing, the jury could not hear about the 1986 convictions. They voted 10 to 2 for the death penalty, but since a unanimous decision was needed, he got Life in prison instead and was immediately eligible for parole.

I have always wondered if Lloyd Welch might have been involved in the abduction, imprisonment, and murder of Eileen Kelly. The recent revelations in the court document could be linked with her case.

Here is what the article specifically says about the alleged finding of DNA:

"According to court documents, investigators found DNA evidence in a Hyattsville, Maryland basement. Welch told investigators one of the girls was killed and dismembered in that basement."

The article does not state the address of the Hyattsville house. Past news articles have stated that the home of Richard Welch was searched, but he did not live on Baltimore Ave.

The Baltimore Ave. address is where Lloyd's stepmother lived and it is the address Lloyd gave as his home to Montgomery County police on 1 April 1975, when he approached them with an offer of information on the case. I have not seen any information which states that this house was searched.

I have also not seen it reported that Lloyd Welch told LE a murder or dismemberment took place. The story was that he "walked in on his uncle and caught him in the act of molesting one of the girls in a basement." He also stated that he never saw the girl again.

Hello Richard. Thank you for all of your contributions over the years.
I've attached a link to one of the articles regarding the search at LLW1's house where the family lived.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bi-searches-house-lyon-sisters-case/73876898/ "FBI ...Agents are reportedly focusing on concrete in the basement that may have traces of blood."

LLW2 told LE in one of his interviews that LLW1 dismembered one of the victims. Also, Wes Justice (cousin of LLW2) said that RAW told him the girls were dismembered.

Interesting! Has the owner of that property in 1975 ever been disclosed?

There are a few things about the residences I have found interesting--

Hyattsville Life and Times reported here on WS that the Welch family lived at another house in Hyattsville in 1975 (a 5229 address). Not untrue, but maybe misleading.

News photos of the search of this home on Baltimore Ave (4714 address) showed what looked like a side room/closet which could have been locked as described in LLW2's statement.

The house at 5229 had a suspicious garage, caused a neighborhood nuisance, with reports of motorcycles involved, and was on the route Eileen Kelly was known to use from home to the bus stop.

In 1975, there was another house next door--5227-- which was demolished under order of the City of Hyattsville about 2013. Now when was it that LLW2 began talking to LE?

Another Welch family residence (along with a lot of other property in Hyattsville) was purchased by the county to construct the Justice Center. Other residential properties old Hyattsville were purchased by the City and used by PG County as office space before becoming the site of the current city government offices.

Any connections? I don't know. Just find it interesting coincidence.

Interesting reading connecting the Riverdale/Hyattsville Area, missing children, sex, *advertiser censored*, blackmail, high level political power, corruption, motorcycles, 1970's era information: Confessions of a DC Madam, published 2014, confessions of Henry Vinson, a mortician/medical examiner from West Virginia who had relocated to the DC area. Very Interestsing!

"...Welch’s half brother Danny Welch is expected to testify that he saw Lloyd rape Lloyd’s girlfriend and force her into prostitution between 1974 and 1975."

http://wsls.com/2017/02/10/investig...elch-attempted-abduction-before-lyon-sisters/

Speculation, but based on the time frame this likely would have been LLW2's girlfriend, Helen C. Especially considering the abusive / unhealthy relationship she had with LLW2, this makes sense. Supposedly she was pregnant and showed up on Taylors Mountain in March 1975 with LLW2 as LE states, so she fits the piece to this part of the puzzle. Who knows, if her father Walter C. had not died in March 1972, he might have <mod-snip> LLW2 if he knew what that was doing to his daughter. WC left behind a widowed wife, eight daughters, and a fourteen year old son. I'm guessing there was not an adult male figure looking after HC to protect her from the likes of LLW2 who preyed on the vulnerable.

Another consideration; maybe the car with a broken door handle belonged to HC? Since LLW2 did not own a car, maybe her car was the mystery mobile that LE has been asking the public about. LLW2 might have also used it to drive down to Taylors Mountain, as LE reports the Parker's saying LLW2 showed up with a pregnant girlfriend.

I would feel better about this kind of information if it came from outside the family and had police reports from the era backing them up. I am struck by how easy it is for a family to take sides in such cases where only family members seem to be involved and have kept secrets for so many years. But, this case involved a lot of children who may have lacked proper guidance in dealing with the family culture.

Guess we will have to see what surfaces in the trial, if it is ever held.

The link says LLW will be released in 9 years if he is not found guilty. It occurs to me that if MOCO finds him guilty of the kidnapping he has already admitted, that would keep him away from society a good deal longer.

Lyon Sisters Murders: Suspect Faces Abduction Claims From 2 Survivors
As prosecutors release documents ahead of the April 2017 trial of a convicted sex offender charged with the 1975 kidnapping and murder of two Montgomery County sisters from a Wheaton mall, witnesses are listed who will testify that the suspect tried to abduct at least two other women that year.

(...)

Prosecutors say in documents posted by WSET-TV that if Welch is convicted, two women will testify during the sentencing phase that in 1975 they got into Welch's car near the mall. The Associated Press reports the women sensed they were in danger and had rolled down the car windows "to avoid abduction."

Well, Lloyd Lee Welch Jr.'s attorneys filed for a continuance today. Depending on what the judge says, looks like April 18 could get pushed back to who knows when...

Recall he was announced as a POI three years ago, and was officially charged July 2015. After 42 years with no reckoning, the wheels of justice move at a glacial pace.

In the U.S. judicial system you have the right to a "speedy trial", unfortunately you also have the opportunity to kick the can further down the road for as long as possible. Especially if a "speedy trial" gets you found guilty sooner and ultimately executed quicker. LLW2's probably in no rush to spend eternity roasting on a subterranean, spit-fire barbecue.

Let's hope that this is because LLW is considering the possibility that cooperating with authorities might be a better route than facing a trial and possible execution "all by his lonesome." IMO, there are more people involved than just LLW. I keep praying that he will decide to bring the entire matter to completion for all involved, and that everyone will know what happened and where these girls or their remains, are. I also have a second wish for anyone and everyone who may be stalling this case or hiding information; but it is not a "nice" thought to share, so I will leave it at this statement. Some evil cannot be undone; but sometimes actions can achieve some mitigation.

I haven't checked this thread in months. Looks like a lot of interesting evidence is emerging. I just finished reading the PDF court document about the other accusers. Absolutely stunning stuff. This piece of garbage should never walk the streets again, even if acquitted of the Lyon murders.

I really hope that overwhelming evidence will force him to come clean and give some answers. I think "closure" is a BS cliche sometimes, but I think a resolution of this crime would provide at least a tiny bit of relief to the family and the community.

IF Lloyd Welch, Jr. had anything to do with the Lyon sisters - and he came forward as early as 1 April 1975 claiming to know who took the girls - it was either as someone with inside/intimate knowledge of who the perpetrators were, or as someone who was actually involved with others in the girls abduction.

As much of a dirtbag as he may have been before and after the girls' disappearance, he has to be found guilty of the facts in their case rather than on anything else he might have done in his life.

His life of crime cannot be ignored, however, and if any other crimes can be linked directly to the Lyons sisters, then they should be presented. But probably only during the sentencing phase - if it gets that far.

A major problem with this case is that many of the potential witnesses and potential suspects are now dead or possibly not located. Any witness put on the stand will be subjected to careful questioning and will be required to recall events clearly that took place over 40 years ago.

Much of what has been leaked regarding information on this case seems to have come from Lloyd Welch himself. How much of it is truthful or accurate? How much of his information can be trusted or corroborated? How much of it will be allowed to be presented at a trial?

I find it extremely doubtful that Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. could have committed - all on his own - a daytime abduction of two girls at a busy mall, transported them, imprisoned them, murdered them and then disposed of their bodies - and then managed to keep it a secret for 40 years.

There is far more to this story than has been released to date.

It has been ruled that Lloyd Welch's statements to investigators can be used in court, because Lloyd breached an immunity agreement by being "untruthful" and by telling conflicting stories.

Of course he has been "untruthful". He probably wouldn't be able to tell the truth if he stepped in it. And investigators knew that from the beginning. As early as 1 April 1975 they wrote him off as a liar and sent him away when he spoke with them.

So now, BECAUSE HE IS A KNOWN LIAR, his statements to police will be allowed to be introduced at his trial. Catch 22?

LINK:

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_b347784c-e270-11e6-8a62-9f9a4b021af9.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant