IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you will see the cemetery (area with spotlights and searchers). There is a path that leads from the back of the cemetery down to the bridge and area circled where the girls were found. Makes sense since they said they were found on private property. There was a sign on that path that said "no trespassing, private property). The searchers confirmed they were found on the Northside of the bridge, 50 yards from the water. Hope this helps.
bb2827a683ad50c4ef794886124cc108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1nana, I just posted this earlier:

According to the very first reports there was a tv news crew that walked the path police believed BG and the girls took to the final spot. It was off the bridge, at the north end and directly to the right, "down the hill."

This is what the police had said (I will have to try and find that tv link) and they sounded matter of fact about the route. Oh, and they even panned across to the closeness of the house across the street.

It confused me too which end he likely left with the girls.
I am sure LE must have it right and im just sharing why I get so confused with the bridge.

What confused me the most is that one end of the bridge you could get to the ground pretty quick once over the end. The other end had a longer distance to be able to get down to the ground.

From looking at the photos I thought he was heading toward the end where you could get to the ground pretty quick and so I assumed he made them go the way he was going.

Another reason I thought that was I would have thought he would not want to risk going back across the bridge with the girls with him. I would have thought he would not have wanted to be seen with them. As little as possible.

I also think there may be a way to cross the creek without touching the water if the level was shallow enough. There were sand bars and rocks that jutted out into the water and I think if level is low enough there are ways to cross without being wet. So I didnt think the water was an issue one way or the other.

I will have to check some of the maps. I think there is a map someone put together that shows where the photo is taken and the suggested path the girls and him took from that photo to the ending spot.

We have lots of maps with parts and I am looking for one that shows the entire projected path from the photo to ending spot to help show which end they walked down.

14 threads in 14 days. You don't see that too often. It shows the intense and wonderful desire by so many, to want to find justice for L & A

I want to see #FindHim change to #GotHim or well, to tell the truth I want to be able to scream "they got the *advertiser censored*!"

:please:

You got internet back? Yay!

I agree. I didn't take a look at the girls SM. But the other day some one posted a Geocatching website screen shot, I was shocked these girls using real first and last names in SM. The perp(s) doesn't even need to register to these apps/websit as the girls information is completely open. It is so easy to figure out they are teens at school. For example, if the teens have been to these catching places regularly on a off-school day (but otherwise is a working day for adults), it is easy to figure out they are from which school (all school calendars are open to public).

IMO he had already done it. I can't see him risking getting himself caught by waiting .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

In my opinion the girls were deceased when their ride came to pick them up.

My thoughts on the possible routes taken.

At 2:07 Abby and Libby were on the bridge and had crossed over the water. Abby is walking in the south/east direction in the snapchat photo.

At some point Abby and Libby reach the end (or close to the end) of the bridge on the south/east side. We know this because of the video stills of the . He is walking towards Libby's camera and towards the south/east end of the bridge.

The billboards that show just the , list the time as the being "last seen" as 2:30pm. This would possibly fit with the video stills.

To go "down the hill" at the south/east end of the bridge and cross the creek to the crime scene is about 450 to 550 feet depending on the exact route.

To go back across the bridge to the north/west end of the bridge, go "down the hill" and to the crime scene is over 2000 feet depending on the exact route.

Both routes will lead to the crime scene but to me the route from the south/east end would be more likely. Seems more isolated at the south/east area after watching all the videos.

Also, the bridge is in disrepair, and crossing all the way back to the north/west end would need to be done slowly and carefully. The bridge is about 850 feet long.

There was another person who said she arrived at the north/west side of the bridge at approx. 3pm. She said she did not see the girls.

Maps of possible routes. (2 different views)

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

http://wane.com/2017/02/24/fbi-expanding-billboards-for-tips-in-indiana-teens-killings/

https://bridgehunter.com/in/carroll/high/#Desc

Thank you so much for expressing MY thoughts so much better than I could, lol.

Was this a regular place the girls hung out? I have a daughter that age and there's no way she and her friends would ever want to go hike alone. Who dropped them off?

Just seems like such a small amount of time for a happenstance encounter. Someone had to know they'd be there. JMO

It was stated that many kids used this area to hike and hang out..Areas like this are popular for teens today. My teens go hiking a lot in groups

In my opinion the girls were deceased when their ride came to pick them up.

I agree. I think it was done quickly. I don't think he was concerned about hiding bodies etc. very easy to slip thru the cemetery unnoticed....quiet area...

Here you will see the cemetery (area with spotlights and searchers). There is a path that leads from the back of the cemetery down to the bridge and area circled where the girls were found. Makes sense since they said they were found on private property. There was a sign on that path that said "no trespassing, private property). The searchers confirmed they were found on the Northside of the bridge, 50 yards from the water. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of your hard work...I would have liked to have taken a ride with you there!

This image supports the fact that the man in the photo was walking from the Northwest to the Southeast simply based on the position of the sun and the shadows in the photo.

If he is truly the suspect, the girls would have to have been on the Southern side of the bridge at some point.

There is a deeper wooded area on the South side so why force them back to the North?

I totally understand, I really didn't grasp the entire picture until I actually was there yesterday. Yes the PD had spot lights in the cemetery facing into the woods behind it. There's a path at the back of the cemetery, the red squiggly line, leading to the bridge/water. That's where the girls bodies were found. I'm just assuming he gained entrance at this path, his vehicle would have been somewhat concealed at the back of the cemetery. IMO he stayed east of the river, confronted the girls, walked them back along the east the way he came in, took them closer to the water to commit his crime, left them there and left. That's just my opinion.

Thank you so much for the pictures yesterday #1nana. It must have been quite emotional to visit the area. I really appreciate the completeness of your photos, helps to get a better feel. Can you confirm that it is easy to get from the cemetery where we suspect he might have parked to the area where the girls were found without having to cross that barbed wire fence and risking ripping ones privates? He doesn't look very agile to me to negotiate a fence. TIA.

I hope this goes through! Posts are moving very fast and last night the thead closed on me as I was typing out a rather riveting post (lol.) anyway ...

SPECULATION only is that I think BG was able to get the girls to go with him simply bc he threatened to push them over the bridge. What a weapon it is in itself. I don't think he gave them a sob story about a lost puppy or anything.

Also, I think they went off the side with the poles at the end. Direction wise I have no idea which end that is. I just don't think they crossed the creek. Jmo.

I was in Delphi yesterday. I spoke with the search party. They confirmed their bodies were found on the north side of the bridge. So it makes no sense to me why he would take them down to cross the creek only to cross it again where their bodies were found.
There would be no double crossing of the creek. By far, the shortest distance from the bridge to the area where the bodies were found is to come down from the bridge on the south side, which is where he was shown on the video stills, go upstream a bit, and cross the creek.

I agree. I think it was done quickly. I don't think he was concerned about hiding bodies etc. very easy to slip thru the cemetery unnoticed....quiet area...

Yes he didnt cross that bridge again. It would take too long and he woul risk being seen. moo

Do we know if the girls were dropped off at the north end of the bridge or south end?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1nana, thank you so very much for all you have contributed with your hiking and great photos! However, now I am confused as all get out. Do the searchers believe the girls were told to go "down the hill' from the south side of the bridge or from the north side of the bridge? Wasn't the still shot from the video of the suspect taken by Libby, positioned at the south side of the bridge, while the suspect was further north on the bridge but heading south toward the girls? Lastly, can you re-post a photo of the location where the girls's remains were found? TIA :).

I didn't ask and they didn't say. All I know is their bodies were found on the North east side. The area is hilly. Down the hill literally could have been said anywhere. Girls remains were found in circled area-roughly.
46f0983d16f5b038420fa5f9c0005a5a.jpg

I have been meaning to mention the following information I got from the first tv news reports:

1) the girls hiked there often.

2) they were dropped off at the north end of the bridge.

HTH to answer those two questions.

I know you will probably want the video link so I will go and try now to find it.

Do we know if the girls were dropped off at the north end of the bridge or south end?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

According to tv reports they were dropped off at the north end.

Thanks for making this so clear, Nana. Is there an opening in the gate at the rear of the cemetary, or would the perp have had to walk around? Just curious.

JMO I strongly think it is related to SM. As the girls routinely use their true first and last names in the website and post real-time picture, it is not difficult to find out their school, home address and family relationship and friends info (a 5-min People Finder search probably will tell you a lot), unfortunately this is today's reality. I always tell my friends/kids never post real-time photo in any SM, always post it after a few days or at least you leave the scene.

I hope this goes through! Posts are moving very fast and last night the thead closed on me as I was typing out a rather riveting post (lol.) anyway ...

SPECULATION only is that I think BG was able to get the girls to go with him simply bc he threatened to push them over the bridge. What a weapon it is in itself. I don't think he gave them a sob story about a lost puppy or anything.

Also, I think they went off the side with the poles at the end. Direction wise I have no idea which end that is. I just don't think they crossed the creek. Jmo.
There is a barricade at both ends, fwiw.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member