IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been discussed? I was thinking maybe this guy is in the system for DV.

What is DV?

In a local NBC online story (March 3)

http://www.wthr.com/article/with-every-interview-detectives-move-closer-to-finding-murder-suspect

Slocum is quoted as saying:

"Going out, speaking with people and marking them off the list as suspects is what's been occurring," said state police Sgt. Tony Slocum. "By doing that, we're focusing in on the people who committed this murder here in Delphi Indiana."

He specifically says "people", rather than "the person". Anyone think this was a slip-up, or more likely just a quirk of being interviewed? I don't really have an opinion either way, but it jumped out at me as odd considering how careful LE is being with what they say and how they say it.

I think he's indicating that there are more than just the BG involved. I remember in the presser Captain Bursten was saying something like, "it's all very complicated, very involved" in regards to the possibility of more people being involved and the voice and the photos not being the same person, from which got the feeling they have strong indications that BG was not alone. moo

Another quote the cops said was, "everyday were closer to finding the perp did this" The quote isn't exact, but it's all just a feel good saying to make the people close to the case, feel a tiny bit better. It's all feel good b.s. and it means nothing as far as finding the jack off who did this.

Ahh, but I disagree with that line of thinking. Why would LE want to put out this feel good talk? Something brutal happens again and they look even worse. I don't think they would talk so confidently if they were truly clueless. That would really come back to bite them hard.

I'm sorry. I've tried to reply to your post directly but it doesn't seem to be working. I just have a feeling that they don't have the evidence to convict him. I have no insider info and I don't know any more about the evidence than you do. The little they've said about the case leads me to believe that they are reaching. When the last cop said to the perp, through the media " Just turn yourself in, we'll get it worked out" That to me was the last throws of a case going cold.

LE are never going to 'give up' on this case IMO. The crime was too heinous and the effect on the community has been too great,
and I believe that they have a crap load more evidence than what they have released to John Q Public!
I believe this case will be solved and the perpetrator will be caught because there are
so many people who care about what happened to these 2 beautiful young girls - in their community, in their county, in their state, in their country and in the world than this dumb as a hammer killer could have ever imagined. He should have stuck to sucking at life and whacking off to target catalogues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is about interpretation. I agree. I'm a lot more pessimistic. There are times I've been wrong before and have been completely happy about it. I hope this is the case here, but I doubt it. Its sucks to say, but they ain't got ****! All I see from them is feel good, pep talk, ********.

LE are never going to 'give up' on this case IMO. The crime was too heinous and the effect on the community has been too great,
and I believe that they have a crap load more evidence than what they have released to John Q Public!
I believe this case will be solved and the perpetrator will be caught because there are
so many people who care about what happened to these 2 beautiful young girls - in their community, in their county, in their state, in their country and in the world than this dumb as a hammer killer could have ever imagined. He should have stuck to sucking at life and whacking off to target catalogues.

Well said. And I especially like the "dumb as a hammer" comment.

After seeing the initial PC with the LE gathered around with the deer in headlights, sucker-punched look, I sincerely feel LE took this one personally and will not stop till this is in custody.

And i'm not saying they suck or haven't worked hard. No doubt they are and I fully believe they will continue to do so, but I do believe they haven't be completely honest. It's to hard for them to tell the truth, so they sugar coat it to make us feel better. Which only makes things worse in my opinion.

I agree 100 percent. The guy is a loser and its only a matter of time till his goose is cooked. LE won't let this one go until they catch the douche. Imo He thinks he's intelligent but he's as dumb as door nails

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The images are too unclear for me to determine that. Same as the belief that Abby's coat was in the picture. I see no way to prove that no matter how many ways someone wants to blow up an already blown up image.

I hear you. Ugh, it's so frustrating to have an image but still so little knowledge of true facial details. Still, one would think that if someone who actually *really* knew the individual well were to see it, that they would recognize him. So discouraging that it hasn't been the case yet (at least, not as far as we know).

I think a lot of it has to do with the repetition of topics discussed. We don't have much info, so every few threads someone asks if anyone's thinks BG is in the photo of Abby on Snapchat, or arguing over parenting styles and whether or not it's ok to let your kids do this or that.

And I get why it happens, new members, and there's 20 threads at this point, that's somewhere in the ballpark of over 20,000 posts on these threads about the case.

It's also exhausting to point out when someone is stating something is a fact when really it's opinion or a rumor. For a few threads I felt like that's all I did and it made me grumpy lol. Not to mention all of the petty arguments that happen every so often.

I have a feeling when more info is released a lot of more seasoned members will start in on the conversations again.

JMO.

If I could triple like your comment I would in a heart beat! I was in the hospital the majority of the day/evening with my daughter. Signal sucked but, when I would get on this thread I seriously wanted to scream with all the repeat questions. I get it, lots were newbies... I have to say... lots of great theories and maps from a handful that have been on this thread from beginning!! Much thanks to the MODS that do a great job! This hopefully will be caught Libby and Abby deserve it! ❤❤❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Based on a recent post, I wanted to ask if it's allowed here for members to mention certain SO registries? Say, for instance, one were to comment that there were some really interesting individuals in the SO registry for such-and-such county...not far from the crime location, who have similar builds/heights, appear to be in the same age range and possess similar general facial features (as much as can be determined from the unclear images of BG, anyway)...and are categorized as sexually violent predators, and whose previous convictions involved crimes committed against children...would that violate the rules here at WS? If we didn't name names, but simply suggested we'd found a certain county's registry very interesting?

Another quote the cops said was, "everyday were closer to finding the perp did this" The quote isn't exact, but it's all just a feel good saying to make the people close to the case, feel a tiny bit better. It's all feel good b.s. and it means nothing as far as finding the jack off who did this.

Respectfully, we don't bash LE here. We just don't. Your series of posts imply LE isn't being truthful. I fully disagree.

If you all want to see cases gone cold and grow even more frustrated, check out Ofc Jason Ellis' murder, Kathy and Samantha Netherlands murder, Crystal Ballard's disappearance and Tommy Ballard's suspicious death. They all have threads, they're all pretty brutal, all from the same small county and all happened fairly recently-ish.

I hope they solve this one and give closure to Libby and Abby's families and community. They deserve to start the healing process and finding this guy on the bridge would be a nice first step.

melsmemories Evidence does take time to process, but after 3 weeks, they would have put it out by now. They are grabbing and reaching for anything they can. Thus the nonstop call for more tips. I hate to say that, but I believe it's reality. I really thought that the pics would find the s.o.b. but it's been a lot of days since then, no new info, it's going cold. It sucks, but that's my take on the reality of the situation. He'll get caught eventually, but I don't believe it will be from this case anymore. I had high hopes, but they've been dashed.

melsmemories Evidence does take time to process, but after 3 weeks, they would have put it out by now. They are grabbing and reaching for anything they can. Thus the nonstop call for more tips. I hate to say that, but I believe it's reality. I really thought that the pics would find the s.o.b. but it's been a lot of days since then, no new info, it's going cold. It sucks, but that's my take on the reality of the situation. He'll get caught eventually, but I don't believe it will be from this case anymore. I had high hopes, but they've been dashed.
As I've stated L.E will not release more then what they have to. They are not going to publically say what evidence they have. Tipping off the public is also tipping off the perp. So I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting L.E to "put out". Building a case takes days weeks and even months. Its not as quick as an episode of CSI. They need evidence to get search warrants etc. They can't just go breaking down doors and forcing people to comply. I believe L.E know exactly what they are doing in this case

Based on a recent post, I wanted to ask if it's allowed here for members to mention certain SO registries? Say, for instance, one were to comment that there were some really interesting individuals in the SO registry for such-and-such county...not far from the crime location, who have similar builds/heights, appear to be in the same age range and possess similar general facial features (as much as can be determined from the unclear images of BG, anyway)...and are categorized as sexually violent predators, and whose previous convictions involved crimes committed against children...would that violate the rules here at WS? If we didn't name names, but simply suggested we'd found a certain county's registry very interesting?

I would message an admin and ask them directly. I was surprised we were given permission to sleuth the one guy because then the flood gates kind of open up and if one is allowed, then others would have to be allowed as well?

They'd be able to answer your question for sure though.

ETA: spelling

Ha it's working on you maybe it's working on the killer too, the lion lies quietly in the grass until the prey gets complacent....BG thinks he's the hunter but he's the prey now.
He should get used to looking over his shoulder and wondering if the next knock his door is going to be the FBI.

Ha it's working on you maybe it's working on the killer too, the lion lies quietly in the grass until the prey gets complacent....BG thinks he's the hunter but he's the prey now.
He should get used to looking over his shoulder and wondering if the next knock his door is going to be the FBI.

Can't love this post enough. Perfectly said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads