IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is plausible that she tossed the phone after the video. If I was in that sort of situation and had the ability to snap a photo/video of this guy and I knew something bad was going to happen, I would probably hide/toss the phone. They are on trails, she could have dropped the phone/ concealed it or thrown it. These girls are softball players they probably had a pretty mean pitch and could toss a phone pretty far.

I hadn't thought of this, but it makes sense. If the perp did leave the cell phone, I think that points to A) him not being very familiar with technology or B) it speaks to the impulsiveness of the crime. All of these things are paramount to building an accurate profile. I wish LE would give us a bit more to work with.

Still MOO, but that's most certainly a resolution issue.
When the pixels needed for us to make out details are simply not there, each of us will start seeing different things because that's just how the brain is wired - to try and make sense of visual stimuli.
I honestly don't think that we will be able to figure out more from this low-resolution photo than LE already has. I understand that everyone wants to - every sane person wants the perp caught ASAP, - I just think that when we don't have the pixels necessary to make out details, it quickly becomes a maze of what each person's brain "thinks" it may or may not see.

IMHO, MOO, all that :)

"we don't have the pixels necessary to make out details" I could not agree more.
"IMHO, MOO, all that " Ditto.

This sleuthing is new to me; I first found WS when Hannah Graham was missing, and now this case has caught my attention. Both of them because of how NORMAL these girls' lives were. In other words, I see myself in these three victims (Hannah, Abby, Libby.) "There but for the grace of God..." etc.

My mind keeps going back to what we don't know, at the very beginning of this crime. Where was this guy BEFORE he was even in this park that day? Where was he that morning? Or in the days right before? Who saw him THEN? (Sorry for the CAPS. I don't do much online stuff, and don't know how to italicize or bold in these comments.)

Forgive me if this has already been answered, or if it's against the rules, please let me know. (Yes I read the rules and info at the beginning of each thread, but have missed the info/rules about this question): I am under the impression that neither of these girls' fathers were a daily presence in their lives, and my question isn't really about the fathers (I know that's against the rules) but about anyone that may know either of them, and want some kind of revenge or something. As in, if one of the fathers were incarcerated, would there be some other inmate who might put out a "hit" on a daughter? Which might mean that BG is more of a "hit man" than an SK or SO. And would be a "professional" in terms of covering his figurative tracks, and perhaps has never been caught at anything before.

Please forgive me if this is against the rules, or has already been covered. I've tried to read ALL the posts in ALL the previous threads, but whew!

Of course, MOO.

Good morning everyone!
This case is frustrating and painful but unlike other cases, fortunately LE has the video/audio.
I hope when this IS RESOLVED, many of you newbies will stick around to help on other cases. Sadly, they never end and just when you think a case could be no more tragic, another unfathomable crime will occur. The victims DESERVE JUSTICE and the more ears, eyes, hearts that care the better in my opinion.

I don't have anything more to add to the thoughts and work you all have been doing, I'm still stuck on WHY Le put up all the billboards. Thank goodness they did but there are clues in that action, IMO.

I cant help but feel this perp is connected to this community some how from the past. But is no longer there and hasn't been there for years. What spurred him to return?

Did he visit grandparents or a father there over the summer as a kid and knows the area, why is that specific place special to him?
Was he in a foster care home and "partied" at the bridge, cemetery, etc?
Did he date a girl from there in high school?
Does he have a loved one in the cemetery?

Something must connect him to the area and for some reason I imagine this as something when the perp was a youngster.
Has anyone local gone through yearbooks to jog a memory? Big job, with so little real info.

Just my thoughts and opinions! I'm hoping for the swift resolution on this case! RIP girls~ and prayers to family and the community.
JMO

Hi.
Maybe he might have a hobby that brings him to parks, so he can play with Remote Control cars or trucks (RC Cars)?

There are people going to out like mad this weekend for St Patrick's Day celebrations. Sleuths: do your part, work for justice, hang some signs of BG put a link to the audio on the bottom AND 220,000 reward.... That $ can be life changing for other sleuths out there!!! GO!! Do it!! I am!! God Bless! They will be crazy in Pittsburgh! I am going to hit the bathrooms in the bars!

Wow... What an eye opener to the psyche of the criminal mind, as well as the laborious LE process. It was a long read, but well worth it. Thank you, so much for sharing this.

You're very welcome.

It was extremely well written, and a real eye opener as to what LE faces in these cases, and you can really understand all the battles that witnesses, LE and the families face in these terrible, unique circumstances.

The author Thomas French won a Pulitzer Prize for that effort on the murders.

Oba Chandler was connected to another murder after his death, due to advances in DNA technology.

He was a monster.

Their murders were the subject of a Tampa Bay Times series by reporter Thomas French called "Angels & Demons." French won the 1998 Pulitzer Prize in feature writing for the stories.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...inks-him-to-1990-south-florida-murder/2167262

"we don't have the pixels necessary to make out details" I could not agree more.
"IMHO, MOO, all that " Ditto.

This sleuthing is new to me; I first found WS when Hannah Graham was missing, and now this case has caught my attention. Both of them because of how NORMAL these girls' lives were. In other words, I see myself in these three victims (Hannah, Abby, Libby.) "There but for the grace of God..." etc.

My mind keeps going back to what we don't know, at the very beginning of this crime. Where was this guy BEFORE he was even in this park that day? Where was he that morning? Or in the days right before? Who saw him THEN? (Sorry for the CAPS. I don't do much online stuff, and don't know how to italicize or bold in these comments.)

Forgive me if this has already been answered, or if it's against the rules, please let me know. (Yes I read the rules and info at the beginning of each thread, but have missed the info/rules about this question): I am under the impression that neither of these girls' fathers were a daily presence in their lives, and my question isn't really about the fathers (I know that's against the rules) but about anyone that may know either of them, and want some kind of revenge or something. As in, if one of the fathers were incarcerated, would there be some other inmate who might put out a "hit" on a daughter? Which might mean that BG is more of a "hit man" than an SK or SO. And would be a "professional" in terms of covering his figurative tracks, and perhaps has never been caught at anything before.

Please forgive me if this is against the rules, or has already been covered. I've tried to read ALL the posts in ALL the previous threads, but whew!

Of course, MOO.

I've been thinking this for a long time. I haven't been able to put it into words quite like you.

Not sure if this was mentioned before here but there's a geocache near the spot the girls were found and another near a trailhead I think. Geocaching is a scavenger hunt game using gps coordinates where you have to find a container with a log book. The geocache that was there was disabled for maintenance- meaning the log book was soggy or maybe the container had been stolen. When I saw the pic of the suspect I thought immediately "He looks like every male geocacher Ive seen." which led me look to see if there was a geocache there- and yup there was. When you find a geocache, you log you find on their site- geocaching.com and you write a log about your experience. Here is the link for the cache listing closest to where I think they were found, you'll see in the logs they disabled it. I think they should question the cache owner to see if he had been out there to 'fix' the cache. There's also 12 watchers on that cache- I'm one of them but I'm curious as to who the others are and if there's any way to find out. I also sent this information to the police in that county. -https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2AG4J_delphi-trails-highbridge
Good thinking outside the box!

Why is it not allowed to be talked about? It's a potential lead if there was a geocacher in the area or if BG was a geocacher himself and can be tracked through the logs.
It wasn't geocaching, per se, that was the problem. Sleuthing GC users, and posting screencaps from the GC site, became a huge problem. So much so, that the entire subject was nixed.

Before I give you a nod to re-open the subject, give the mods a little time to review. We'll get back to you later today.

Thanks for your patience.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

Then my apologies for posting the link on a reply to you.

But it was a generic answer to give all a link to ask the mods the question.

Thank you for this. I've been running in circles...trying to learn the ropes and be a model WS citizen, but don't know what I'm doing :/ This helps me.

For anyone interested in reading about the trials and tribulations of LE while on the hunt for child murderer, this is a fascinating account of the heinous murders of the Rogers Family - a mother and her 2 teenage daughters.

It is well worth the read, for any Websleuther.

It gives the perspective from all angles - the family, and what LE had to go through with the mass amount of tips, and how LE used the media to further the case and the tips.

Angels & Demons

On June 4, 1989, the bodies of Jo, Michelle and Christe were found floating in Tampa Bay. This is the story of the murders, their aftermath, and the handful of people who kept faith amid the unthinkable.

rogersbillb-1465938584-48.gif

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

Thank you very much for this. As a new person here, this is extremely helpful to me. I'll go study now.

I've been watching and re-watching the long aerial video and IMO unless the girls tried to flee and crossed the creek on their own (if we are using the SE exit of bridge as point of encounter with suspect), the suspect most likely has to be a local. An out of town person would not know the depth of the creek or whether or not it dips way down in the middle. Why would he risk possibly being in somewhat deep water while trying to abduct two people? And why would he want his own clothing wet? It would hamper his ability to move as jeans are heavy when wet and it wasn't that warm out.
There also appeared to be a relatively quick current where the searchers were filmed and water approx 2-3 feet high. A stranger to the area would NOT know this.

I have a question...can somebody direct me to where there are flyers? I'd like to print them out and put them at truck stops. I am sorry of this has been addressed. Nobody here has even heard about the case.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I'm curious if LE has inquired about any funerals in Delphi the week of/prior to the murders? IMO this would definitely bring someone back who grew up in the area and moved away. Someone that could be very familiar with the area but was only there temporarily...

I have a question...can somebody direct me to where there are flyers? I'd like to print them out and put them at truck stops. I am sorry of this has been addressed. Nobody here has even heard about the case.

I searched printable delphi murders flyer, and got nothing.
Give me another minute, I'm pretty low tech.

Thanks so much for doing this and please stay safe.

I've been watching and re-watching the long aerial video and IMO unless the girls tried to flee and crossed the creek on their own (if we are using the SE exit of bridge as point of encounter with suspect), the suspect most likely has to be a local. An out of town person would not know the depth of the creek or whether or not it dips way down in the middle. Why would he risk possibly being in somewhat deep water while trying to abduct two people? And why would he want his own clothing wet? It would hamper his ability to move as jeans are heavy when wet and it wasn't that warm out.
There also appeared to be a relatively quick current where the searchers were filmed and water approx 2-3 feet high. A stranger to the area would NOT know this.
I kept thinking the same thing while rewatching. This guy knew this land well!! From the thinnest and shallowest point of the creek to the spot of land that was flat placing them in a trap, surrounded by steep hills and water and knew the path there.... this guy has studied this land!

I personally think they should be asking people to review photos of days prior to the murders for similar person. And also to think back to jog memories of anything they might remember. He's been here before, in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

That would be a grain bin, not a silo. Commonly confused by urban types. No snark intended.

No offense taken! LOL You are spot on. I am in fact, an urbanite and farm equipment stumps me. Are these grain bins empty at any time such that someone could secretly camp out in them? Just wondering if drifters use them as shelter or if that is a 'thing' that farmers contend with occasionally. Or maybe there are filled with rats and squirrels eating the remnants of the grain? I don't know, just wondering why LE is searching near a bin on what looks likes Logan's farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52