Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why this case got so much publicity in the media and interest from the public?
There must be hundreds of people going missing every year and most of them never get mentioned in the media.. From the start this one was always going to be a big story.

Is it because BR's suspicious behavior in public, sloppy public relations that made everyone curious, stories that just don't quite add up?

Or is it all thanks to MSM, they have unique abilities to make an ordinary case look so big and controversial?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk
When someone disappears off the face of the earth, for no apparent reason, um, an ordinary person just going about their business, people care and want to help, simple as that, isn't it, humanity?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

When someone disappears off the face of the earth, for no apparent reason, um, an ordinary person just going about their business, people care and want to help, simple as that, isn't it, humanity?

I get that but in the grand scheme of things it is just another case

'It is estimated that more than 38,000 people are reported missing each year in Australia. This equates to approximately*one person every 15 minutes'

Source: missingpersons government website

Can someone explain why this case got so much publicity in the media and interest from the public?
There must be hundreds of people going missing every year and most of them never get mentioned in the media.. From the start this one was always going to be a big story.

Is it because BR's suspicious behavior in public, sloppy public relations that made everyone curious, stories that just don't quite add up?

Or is it all thanks to MSM, they have unique abilities to make an ordinary case look so big and controversial?

I think perhaps it was police strategy...that they believed foul play from the beginning?

This became a huge story because Karen as a missing person now victim is a rich, white, attractive mother/wife.
The perfect case for the media/ the public.
change any of those for poor/person of colour/sex worker and youve got one of the thousands no one mentions.
Add to the fact KR may have been victim to her husband and youve got a hell of a story. Sad but true.

Some posters who live local to Watergardens have said that no posters displayed at shop or around centre. Being a high traffic area and Karen being known at the centre , it would seem a logical thing to do.

IMO...BR and SR had no need to display any posters in Karen's shop or the shopping centre re her disappearance, because they both know what happened to Karen and who is responsible for her death !!!

I get that but in the grand scheme of things it is just another case

'It is estimated that more than 38,000 people are reported missing each year in Australia. This equates to approximately*one person every 15 minutes'

Source: missingpersons government website

Was just looking at the stats, apparently 95% are found in the first week.

I think the similarities to Alison Baden Clays disappearance caught the publics attention. Also after Jill Meaghers murder the public seem to take more interest, especially when there's unusual behaviour by the spouse.

Was just musing over the possibility of AR starting a Go Fund Me Page ...... where to start樂? Go Fund Me drug rehab, anger management, literacy tutor, counselling, psycho-therapy .......

:drumroll: :floorlaugh:

Was just looking at the stats, apparently 95% are found in the first week.

Yea, about 100 people are reported missing every day and 95 are found within 1 week.
That leaves 35 people still missing after a week.
KR disappearance received disproportionate amount of mainstream media coverage and consequently received more interest from general public than your average missing person.

Some say it is because case is interesting and unique but i think there is nothing special about it, seems like a textbook example where wife is murdered and husband acts weird and suss with possibility of other family members involved to some degree. Vanila case

Yea, about 100 people are reported missing every day and 95 are found within 1 week.
That leaves 35 people still missing after a week.
KR disappearance received disproportionate amount of mainstream media coverage and consequently received more interest from general public than your average missing person.

Some say it is because case is interesting and unique but i think there is nothing special about it, seems like a textbook example where wife is murdered and husband acts weird and suss with possibility of other family members involved to some degree. Vanila case

People go missing for all kinds of reasons, and unless some kind of foul play is suspected those cases don't make it into msn as a high profile endangered case, which i thought would be obvious. Police have their reasons to do what they do in any given case, and IMO KR's case was important enough to call it as high profile.
(quote)
IN THE digital age, police investigating a murder have even more tools available to them.

When Melbourne woman Jill Meagher vanished after a night out in September 2012, it was her mobile phone signal that led detectives to her rapist and killer.

More than two years later, when NSW school cleaner Vincent Stanford raped and murdered bride-to-be Stephanie Scott, it was his phone’s location that enabled police to find the young teacher’s body.

Late last year, the mobile phone signal of missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski gave detectives a major breakthrough.

Her disappearance in June initially baffled police.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...e/news-story/6191c8f68f4440c2be1886ac71222705

I think the fact that Samuel Johnson initially came out when KR first went messing and hit the media up to help assisted in making this a much more mainstream case. The media then could probably tell that something funny was up and there was a lot more to it based on reactions by some of the family members hence the direct questions.

I think many of us since the start have questioned SR behaviour because it's frankly just bizarre. Stopped cooperating with police, no desperate ongoing pleas to find her Mum, lack of social media (this I know as I've seen her account) and it goes on.....

I also find it strange that not one death notice was placed by anyone whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Sarah knows something I hope she has revealed it confidentially to the police...I think most of us would protect a 21 year old daughter if her mother disappeared and media everywhere...

She did her duty in front of a hostile media...She did her radio interview...She looked for support from Missing Persons organisations...She contacted all of her mother's friends...Now she is sticking by her father as he is put under a cloud of suspicion...

With your mother missing and your father telling you he had nothing to do with it, it would be a very confronting situation...You'd expect that she would be holding her father tight and supporting him, as he is all she has left..:scared:

I also think that the police may be keeping Sarah out of the limelight as much as possible...

They know how their children would feel if their mother suddenly disappeared in suspicious circumstances and their father was under the spotlight...No need to add to Sarah's trauma if it is not necessary and that is why I believe we know nothing about Sarah's movements that day or the night before...

We know very little about Sarah, but the police would know all they need to know about her..:thinking:

I believe that the Police knew who did this from very early on and I am surprised that there has still not been an arrest(s) yet. Looking at other cases on websleuths throughout the world and also watching many of the crime shows, it is very common for the wheels of justice to turn ridiculously slowly. I wish that they could amend our laws in the modern age so that a suspect MUST testify at their trial and can be cross examined by the prosecution and could not hide behind their lawyers all of the time. It would streamline the legal system and speed up the grieving process for victims families instead of waiting months and years for prosecutors cases to be built and strengthened. This case is frustrating..

Surprised at no new developments since the funeral.

Ice ice baby is still going on strong though.

I think the fact that Samuel Johnson initially came out when KR first went messing and hit the media up to help assisted in making this a much more mainstream case. The media then could probably tell that something funny was up and there was a lot more to it based on reactions by some of the family members hence the direct questions.

I think it had more to do with KR being missing & endangered than what her friend SJ said, and as it turns out she did in fact die and was dumped out in the woods, and police were right to suspect foul play.

Just looking at this picture from the press conference when PR interjects

3cef15ee7cbb277228694b38da9a2be9.jpg

Reporter's question to BR at press conference
'As the last person to see Karen what can you offer'?
SR starts shaking her head, seems to be indicating 'NO' as reporter finishes his question.
BR seems as if he was about to reply but stops as Sarah seems to tighten her grip on his arm, still shaking her head.
PR interjects...
Sarah's reaction seems unusual...

Does Sarah know something and doesn't want BR to answer the question?...or is it she herself doesn't want to know?...or does she know BR had legal advice early in the investigation into Karen's disappearance not to speak to reporters?

View attachment 113135

SR starts shaking her head, seems to be indicating 'NO' as reporter finishes his question.
BR seems as if he was about to reply but stops as Sarah seems to tighten her grip on his arm, still shaking her head.
PR interjects...

Does Sarah know something and doesn't want BR to answer the question?...or is it she herself doesn't want to know?...or does she know BR had legal advice early in the investigation into Karen's disappearance not to speak to reporters?

I agree her reaction does seem unusual.

Yes she does start shaking her head clearly indicating No, no. imo
She also appears to mouth the word no.

Wish we knew when SR last saw her mother.

View attachment 113135

PR interjects...

It's like she is trying to restrain him as his temper would likely show if he answered, she's trying to keep him from going off as that would only make things worse. Her mannerisms say she's used to trying to pacify him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels