Happy Days' Star Erin Moran Dead at 56

suspected heroin OD. Sad irony is that she guest starred as a child on Family Affair opposite Anissa Jones, another child actress who died of an OD.

so sad, just saw this on another site too, grew up watching Happy Days as a kid. rip

So sad to hear this...my prayers are with her friends and family...it has been tough news

R.I.P Erin, :rose: Will always remember you from Happy Days.

We haven't completely lost Joanie as Susan Neher from the Happy Days pilot is still with us. I imagine Susan is not too happy with people forgetting that Erin was not the only Joanie Cunningham.

Very tragic end used to love her on "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi"

RIP

We haven't completely lost Joanie as Susan Neher from the Happy Days pilot is still with us. I imagine Susan is not too happy with people forgetting that Erin was not the only Joanie Cunningham.
JMO, but I'm doubtful those mourning Moran's passing are grieving as much over the loss of "Joanie." Hopefully (and presumably) Susan Neher has the grace to recognize this and not feel slighted as Moran's friends and fans mourn her death.

I believe she alleged that Tom Bosley sexually molested her while she was on the show. She was kind of nutty from what I read..

I don't follow celebrity gossip and was unaware of her troubles. I loved watching Happy Days as a kid and was lucky enough to see the happy days crew play baseball against the Chicago media at Wrigley in August of 1979.

Addiction is a horrible disease. Sadly not everyone is able to recover. I pray she has found peace and pray for her family and friends. :rose:

Who placed the 911 call ? Her husband ?
Sorry if this was already discussed.

Well now that the media (most outlets, imo.) have gleefully smeared her...... :banghead:

Sometimes I hate msm. I realize we need to link to msm so we're not spreading rumor or hearsay--- but shouldn't msm be held to a HIGHER STANDARD ??? Idiots. :stormingmad:

Was going to say that even IF she'd succumbed to an overdose-- my sympathies would still be with her, as I struggle with eating issues--- and it's no different than a drug/alcohol addiction.

Rest gently, Erin ! My utmost condolences to all who loved you !

She probably had no health insurance, so couldn't see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Indiana is a very poor state for access to affordable health care. They refused the Medicaid Expansion, so low income people are left with no options.

Such a shame, but sadly see it too often with cancer patients.

She probably had no health insurance, so couldn't see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Indiana is a very poor state for access to affordable health care. They refused the Medicaid Expansion, so low income people are left with no options.

Such a shame, but sadly see it too often with cancer patients.

People mag said she had a feeding tube, so I expect she had medical help, but maybe not soon enough.

http://people.com/tv/erin-moran-death-relied-feeding-tube-during-final-days-battling-stage-4-cancer/

Stage 4 cancer is usually terminal and quickly at that. Not everyone of course, some linger, some have been able to beat it, but it all depends on what kind of cancer. Even the best medicines in the world can't cure it. I wouldn't assume anything about what kind of healthcare she had or didn't have or assume what choices she may have made or didn't make about treatment. RIP Erin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back