MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Cosby sweating yet? This Judge has pretty much told this jury that he wants a verdict. I'm guessing the holdouts are leaning towards acquittal. Maybe their colleagues can convince them otherwise. :moo:

Anyone know verdict statistics regarding these charges?

I feel like rape and consent would be hard to prove / disprove. It's literally he said vs. she said.

[video=twitter;875791398544584706]https://twitter.com/nataliemcd/status/875791398544584706[/video]

Someone counted.

"For the 11th time, the jury in the Bill Cosby sexual-assault trial asked to review evidence from the trial, this time a rereading of both Andrea Constand and her mother’s witness testimonies.

It’s the sixth time the defense team has pushed for a mistrial since the jury began deliberating .... McMonagle said he’s frustrated by the jury’s daily requests to revisit evidence. He said if it continues, the court may end up hearing the entire case for the second time."

Judge O’Neill stated he could not stop deliberations to call a mistrial for the Defense because no evidence "has been submitted suggesting the jury is somehow unable to perform its duty, and he denied the defense’s motion."

Anyone know verdict statistics regarding these charges?

I feel like rape and consent would be hard to prove / disprove. It's literally he said vs. she said.

But this time he said he used drugs on women for sexual, also changed his story on what kind of drugs. Basically admitted he has a history of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But this time he said he used drugs on women for sexual, also changed his story on what kind of drugs. Basically admitted he has a history of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But with their consent.... again... consent hard to prove imo.

Stupid question, and I haven't followed this whole thing, but has it been discussed that Cosby said he gave her Benadryl, which are pink, and Constandt said she was given blue pills?

So did he invite the jury over for drinks or something? They're incompetent IMO. If you don't know what reasonable doubt is, you don't belong on a jury.

I’ve been trying to reconcile how this man who I thought was an amazing actor, could be capable of all this horrific behavior. It's all about power IMO. He enjoyed it and gets off on it.

His lawyers are saying he is a married man who had consensual affairs. I call BS. I have a friend in pharmaceuticals and they call the quaaludes thigh openers. If he gave her the quaaludes then no she cannot give valid consent. If they don’t have the mental capacity, how can they consent to what’s going on? They cannot.

Unfortunately, don't think he'll be convicted. The jury is seeing him as an old Dr. Huxtable, IMO.

Stupid question, and I haven't followed this whole thing, but has it been discussed that Cosby said he gave her Benadryl, which are pink, and Constandt said she was given blue pills?

Even if he gave her Benadryl she wouldn't be in a state to consent especially with drinks.

Another expert, toxicologist Timothy Rohrig, spoke about the effects of Benadryl’s active ingredient, diphenhydramine, saying that it makes you sleepy. He also talked about prior cases where it had been used for sexual assaults. This time, McMonagle in his questioning focused on the fact that the effects of Benadryl are not immediate; it takes time to enter the bloodstream.

Link

Even if he gave her Benadryl she wouldn't be in a state to consent especially with drinks.

Link

I'm not sure I'd agree with this, as a frequent Benadryl user. I mean, if I were on the jury.

"relaxing" someone and immobilizing someone are two different things. imo

I'm not sure I'd agree with this, as a frequent Benadryl user. I mean, if I were on the jury.

I'm perfectly able to consent or initiate even after 2 Benadryl and 3 beers. It depends on tolerance. Someone who never drinks or takes Benadryl might be rendered unconscious.

I'm perfectly able to consent or initiate even after 2 Benadryl and 3 beers. It depends on tolerance. Someone who never drinks or takes Benadryl might be rendered unconscious.

That's true I guess. It affects everyone differently. But, I also don't believe for a second he gave her Benadryl.

That's true. It does depend on the brain chemistry of the person. I know my mom can't tolerate it. It gets her all wired and jittery. Me, I pass out if I take one for allergies. I'm presuming as a basketball player Constand was in top health and not likely to take anything stronger than a Tylenol. So she would not be used to the drugs, even Benadryl. Just speculating.

...or amped. I know someone who can't sleep for hours after taking Benadryl. When I take it, it makes me welcome sleep more easily, but I'm still fully aware and can stay awake if I choose to.

The above is just my opinion.

I don't understand three half pills/tablets/capsules. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is also the active ingredients in sleep aids,such as Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy, Benadryl, Benadryl Allergy, Compoz Nighttime Sleep Aid, Miles Nervine, ( I haven't heard of that in years) , Nytol, Nytol Caplet, Nytol QuickCaps, Sominex, Sominex Maximum Strength Caplet, ZzzQuil, just to name a few. And some of these are blue. Whether he gave her benadryl or something else it incapacitated her. I beleive her and the others, and it's a shame if he he gets away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675