MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ladies are probably telling their truths, he is not innocent. But how could none of them have filed a police report or preserved DNA evidence? LE are solving cases older than these. I just don't believe in taking away a person's liberty without good evidence. And the only evidence presented is testimony, which the jury can choose to believe or disbelieve, and a recorded phone call between the relative of an accuser and the accused. The jury can also take or leave that, whatever value they choose to put on it. No real evidence! This is how men, usually, end up in prison for years, then released years later after having committed no crime. I agree with Ben Franklin, "Better ten guilty men go free, than one innocent man lose liberty."

DA expects it will be same judge...

The ladies are probably telling their truths, he is not innocent. But how could none of them have filed a police report or preserved DNA evidence? LE are solving cases older than these. I just don't believe in taking away a person's liberty without good evidence. And the only evidence presented is testimony, which the jury can choose to believe or disbelieve, and a recorded phone call between the relative of an accuser and the accused. The jury can also take or leave that, whatever value they choose to put on it. No real evidence! This is how men, usually, end up in prison for years, then released years later after having committed no crime. I agree with Ben Franklin, "Better ten guilty men go free, than one innocent man lose liberty."
I agree with you. It's better when you have physical evidence.

It's easy to not speak up for all kinds of reasons. Fear of your own safety and the safety of your family. Fear of backlash and reputation damage. Fear of being blackballed. Fear of being tried by the court of public opinion and today, the court of social media. I think it's very easy for some victims to just want to extract themselves from the situation as cleanly as possible and go about their life, free of others' speculation and rumor mongering, not making waves and hoping that they will be safe and able to continue to make a living for themselves and their family.

For these reasons and so many more, I don't judge or even question why someone chooses not to press charges, for not stepping forward. This is particularly true in situations like these, with someone alleging against a well-respected person. It's easy to armchair report, but every circumstance is different, and every person's reaction to their own circumstance is also different.

Cosby is still dealing with civil suits filed by several of his victims. Those likely involve out-of-court financial settlements. The legal cloud over Cosby isn't going to disappear with a hung jury in the criminal case.

They will never get a "guilty" verdict. This will drag on forever.

Remember Homer Simpson laughing at the Driver Safety film: "It's funny cause i don't know him!"?

My first thought when all this started was "He'd better have done something to Keshia Knight Pulliam for most people to care".

He never won....why? BC has paid out monies to his victims.....the world knows that...because he was and is guilty. If BC was innocent he would have fought in court from the first female accusing him, but he did not, he paid and paid. The trial only makes the information available on paper and in the court systems...it is now documented and he had to reveal phone calls, tapes, and everything else. He is guilty in the eyes of a lot of people in the world. His career is finished....he gets up on stage and shows he has sight and is able to move just fine will only show the world more what a liar, bully he is and how he uses people. Glad he has more trials to go through and hope the ladies get more and more of his money. I do not feel sorry for his wife, she knew and IMO aided him in those crimes along with other people....glad he will be retried.

Another reason this is not a slam dunk case is his wife standing by him all these years.
Some jury members probably thinking: "If he guilty, why is his wife still with him?".

I agree with you. It's better when you have physical evidence.

It's easy to not speak up for all kinds of reasons. Fear of your own safety and the safety of your family. Fear of backlash and reputation damage. Fear of being blackballed. Fear of being tried by the court of public opinion and today, the court of social media. I think it's very easy for some victims to just want to extract themselves from the situation as cleanly as possible and go about their life, free of others' speculation and rumor mongering, not making waves and hoping that they will be safe and able to continue to make a living for themselves and their family.

For these reasons and so many more, I don't judge or even question why someone chooses not to press charges, for not stepping forward. This is particularly true in situations like these, with someone alleging against a well-respected person. It's easy to armchair report, but every circumstance is different, and every person's reaction to their own circumstance is also different.
I just want to add that some rapists sue their victims, thereby victimizing them further. Some one I know personally did report, did rape kit, photos, police da interviews etc all of it. She got frightened at testifying a yr+ later so da dropped case. It was some one she knew. he promptly filed a false arrest suit and waited out the statute. He legally tortured her. Until a judge dismissed it.

It was a horrible experience all the way around. She swears she'd never go thru that again. I don't blame her. In my opinion it's one reason for non reporting.
All my experience only

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Another reason this is not a slam dunk case is his wife standing by him all these years.
Some jury members probably thinking: "If he guilty, why is his wife still with him?".
I have to think that that is a critical mistake on the part of any jurist who speculates like that.

The Defense team acted like pompous fools today.
Makes me ill.
This was not a victory. Just a delay.
I am very glad the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is going to retry the case.

Anyone know what the jury count guilty vs not guilty was? I've been trying to find that info and haven't been able to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They were still friendly later so a mistrial isn't inconceivable since the only person that pushed this was the D.A. jmo.

She's probably in denial and/or an enabler, like so many women.

I'm kinda leaning toward "just let this go." If found guilty, the state will be paying for Cosby's room, board, and health care. The health care cost could be significant. Let him pay his own way. His reputation is ruined. He'll never have the same influence he once had. It's not as if he would even be sentenced to "hard labor." Minimum security at best.

"The average cost to house a geriatric prisoner runs about $68,000 a year."
http://www.alternet.org/80-year-olds-prison-why-our-prisons-are-filling-grandpas-and-grandmas

Weeeeeelllll, that could be jumping off The Gravy Train....

I haven't really followed this thread since before the trial started... life and grandbaby gets in the way, in a good way. So, if this info is already known than please ignore :)

Cosby is already working on his material as he talks about performing again and he comments about his visit with Nelson Mandela. About sitting in the jail cell he was in all those yrs, the conditions, food he ate and what he dealt with. Cosby laments that if "they" send me to that place then that is what they do and he will just have to go there. Seriously?

The article is from today but written throughout the trial.

That’s why, Cosby said, he turned down the DA’s offer of a no-jail deal that would have required him to wear a monitoring bracelet and register as a sex offender.

A prosecution spokesman denied there was ever any offer, but Cosby insists there was.

“They offered me a deal,” Cosby said during one break. “They want me to wear this bracelet around my ankle,” he said. “They want me to say I’m a sex offender.

Why did he decline?

“I’m innocent,” he said.

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/18/cosby-knew-he-would-get-a-hung-jury-all-along/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads