Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRESS RELEASE OF THE ARUBA PUBLIC PROSECUTOR: NO HUMAN SKELETAL REMAINS WERE FOUND DURING INVESTIGATION IN 2017

http://www.omaruba.aw/wp-content/up...ijke-botten-augustus-2017-English-version.pdf

To all media.

The Prosecutor's office has taken notice of news that was published this week by Mr. Dave Holloway, the father of Natalee Holloway, or that was published in his name.
Human skeletal remains would have been possibly found in Aruba, and
this discovery would be significant in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

The information coming from Mr. Holloway was investigated earlier this year by the Aruba Police Force, led by the Prosecutor’s Office.
During the investigation held by the Police in an area indicated by Mr. Holloway, no human skeletal remains were found.

Mr. Holloway has now apparently published information regarding the results of an investigation completed in Aruba. However, at this moment, there are no new facts or circumstances known to the Prosecutor’s Office and/or to the Aruba Police Force in relation to finds of skeletal remains or human bones that were investigated or would have to be investigated.

In case new facts or circumstances surface in the future, they will be seriously investigated. This applies for every case of a missing person in Aruba.

BBM
Nancy Grace's recent podcast on Holloway had an audio clip of how the remains were presented to Dave et al.

I was listening to it while driving on a long commute last night. I'm going re-listen and quote verbatim what was said. It struck me very odd, as if to say they didn't "find" remains, but were given them.

Did anyone else hear it also?

ETA: link to podcast:

https://player.fm/series/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace

WG

"The remains were turned over to us and we had them tested"

To summarize my understanding of what was said in the podcast between NG her professional guests etc.

- The informant worked with DH and TJ over 18 months

- The informant is a FRIEND of Joran's former roommate

-The informant took DH, TJ and Oxygen crew to "a house" and b remains were "turned over" to them

I really do recommend listening to this 45 minute podcast, if you are following recent developments in this case. JMO

https://player.fm/series/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace

WG

:dunno:

I feel very very sad for the family. And also sad sad sad that the only vehicle that the family had was not normal journalistic investigation, but through perhaps a contract with Oxygen to promote, and had in that contract what they could and could not say in interviews and to promote.

Yeah, and I am also very very jaded with so many cases that I followed here when NG was on tv, and almost EVERY single one, many correctly pointed out that she didn't know the facts, and we :banghead: as we knew the facts and were :shiver: at what others that didn't know the facts were seeing on her program.

My perception of her and her reports may be changing, https://player.fm/series/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace slowly, with what she did with the Chase case here at WS... but I'm still weary of her reporting, with just Oxygen/NBC sister channels reporting this. Where are the rest of the main stream media picking up on this?

My only conclusion... is that it is in a contract where the players are not allowed to talk to anyone else... for ratings.

:praying: that Mr. H and Beth have their eyes wide open, and are doing this for a reason that is for Natalee above all else. And that this helps them moving forward.

So tired of all this misinformation. And also tired of the Aruba government.

First of all, the official release from the Aruba Prosecutor’s office has a misleading title (“No Human Remains Found”). The release explains that during “AN” investigation by police in “AN” area indicated by Dave Holloway, it found only non-human remains. Yes, you looked in “an” area that Dave Holloway showed you a while ago, and yes, we all know already that human remains weren’t found. Which is why Dave kept searching. Why is Aruba restating this old news? That was another area – not the place that human remains were found. Obviously, Aruba wasn’t involved in Dave’s search (can you blame him?) Aruba knows that and could have just said….we hear this was a new site, not the one we investigated in the past, and we are making inquiries as to what happened here. Why release something suggesting they know anything about the more current find?

Second, between the Vandersloots (Dad involvement; Mom giving Natalee’s Mom sexual details), Joran and his friends who mess around with this case for money and for giggles (see their FB pages), this lack of empathy seems to reflect the Government itself. The press release could have said: “We don’t know anything about a new search being done because we were not involved in it. We hope that we can be involved because we would really like to get to the bottom of this tragic case because Aruba and its government care deeply about this tragedy, want justice, and want closure for the stricken Holloway family.” Instead, they mislead the public with their statement, showed no sign of a desire for justice, or any amount of caring about justice or the Holloways. PLUS the Prosecutor’s Office (via Dorean Kardol) told Huffpost that “Removing human remains from Aruba would be illegal without authorization, according Kardol. If that happened, she said her office will consider criminal charges.”

So Aruba is going to bring criminal charges against Natalee’s Dad? How nice.

I don't know why I hadn't considered that. :thinking: but you are right. If this really is a human remains for another case... evidence and justice could be totally destroyed for another family..
Yeah, that would be scary. My sense, however, is that DH had good reasons for taking that chance. Key is that the only reason that remains were found was because someone specifically pointed out the area as being where Natalee was buried and boom, they find human remains there. What are the chances that Gabriel led them specifically to a burial site of ANOTHER murder victim. Second, this is so awful to say but there were probably pieces of long blond hair in there. His daughters. Sad. John Ludwick (Joran's friend to this day, and even blames the murdered Peruvian girl for angering Joran) said there were long blond hairs when he dug up as much remains as he could see (including the 2 inches of "body sludge" which Ludwick nonchalantly describes....that "sludge" is a human being, idiot). I have to think there were still some blond hairs there. So Dave knew. He might have done some DNA testing already.

Look....this Dad doesn't have an endless supply of money. Between private investigators, experts to handle remains, flights out there for everyone....the only way Natalie can be brought home at this point (since Aruba isn't going to investigate anything or keep trying for tips) is with big money. The TV show probably had agreement that they could fund Dave's effort to bring home his daughter as long as they could film it. Part of that deal is probably that Dave has to wait for the show to start (so the TV show can recoup the funds they spent on Dave by having viewers watching to see the results). I suspect Dave has the results already. But he can't reveal them because the only way he was able to get this closure on his dear daughter was by having a TV show fund it. Is waiting a few weeks going to hurt anyone, such as Natalee? Of course not.

She's home. The family knows it. And I hope the TV show gets the ratings/viewers it wants because sometimes, when authorities have given up, it is media that steps in. But media has to pay bills and salaries too. I'm just glad she is home, whatever small part of her, so that she can have a burial and the family have a place to visit her and have closure.

<respectfully snipped>

Second, this is so awful to say but there were probably pieces of long blond hair in there. His daughters. Sad. John Ludwick (Joran's friend to this day, and even blames the murdered Peruvian girl for angering Joran) said there were long blond hairs when he dug up as much remains as he could see (including the 2 inches of "body sludge" which Ludwick nonchalantly describes....that "sludge" is a human being, idiot).

<respectfully snipped>.

I haven't been on this thread since a few days ago.. the above 2 items BBM, do you have link for your statements?

This is a quote I read in the story this morning. It's very disturbing to me.

[FONT=&quot]The FBI has been unable to locate records of human remains being brought into the U.S. from Aruba in connection with the Natalee Holloway case, a spokesperson for the bureau said.[/FONT]

Here's the link, read the story and see what you guys think. There are several concerning statements in this story.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-human-remains-found-search-215810763.html

This is a quote I read in the story this morning. It's very disturbing to me.

Here's the link, read the story and see what you guys think. There are several concerning statements in this story.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-human-remains-found-search-215810763.html

Is it possible DH and the Oxygen crew were permitted to bring back the same bones that someone in Aruba deemed to be animal remains and a lab in the US is disputing those findings and claim that at least one of the bones is human? :waitasec:

Or is it possible that the crew went back to the site after the Aruban authorities had finished with it and picked up a few more "artifacts" they found and brought them back with them?

:dunno:

I feel very very sad for the family. And also sad sad sad that the only vehicle that the family had was not normal journalistic investigation, but through perhaps a contract with Oxygen to promote, and had in that contract what they could and could not say in interviews and to promote.

Yeah, and I am also very very jaded with so many cases that I followed here when NG was on tv, and almost EVERY single one, many correctly pointed out that she didn't know the facts, and we :banghead: as we knew the facts and were :shiver: at what others that didn't know the facts were seeing on her program.

My perception of her and her reports may be changing, https://player.fm/series/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace slowly, with what she did with the Chase case here at WS... but I'm still weary of her reporting, with just Oxygen/NBC sister channels reporting this. Where are the rest of the main stream media picking up on this?

My only conclusion... is that it is in a contract where the players are not allowed to talk to anyone else... for ratings.

:praying: that Mr. H and Beth have their eyes wide open, and are doing this for a reason that is for Natalee above all else. And that this helps them moving forward.
I know NG is a sore topic on WS and was half expecting her podcast link to be ***** out.

I don't know anything about the Chase case. I do know there is a thread here at WS for people to rant about her, so I'm not trying to drudge up arguments, and that podcast is the first thing I've listened to from her since she was on CNN probably.

I only linked it because I did hear she was doing a podcast and thought I would listen, as I do recall a massive amount of coverage by her on this case 12 years ago. Was it really 12 flipping years? ! Omg.

Anyway, like many others, I'm torn by these new "developments", and will wait and see.

I only hope in this twisted, cruel world we live in, that someone like DH doesn't end up with a charge against him, or something like that. It does appear at this point, that some laws have been broken and I'm not comfortable confronting the idea if I think it was right to do that or not.

WG

just thought of something... having watched "border security" on tv for years, i know to bring remains into the US one needs documented proof what that item is. so it makes no sense to me how they'd be able to bring "remains" into the US without that proof. so legally he'd have to have documentation who or what this is for the CBP (customs and border patrol) at the airport they flew into to allow entry...

so how'd they get the "remains" into the US for testing in the first place?

what is going on??!!!

I read pretty much the same thing on the article I linked above. I have a major problem thinking this is a stunt for the show(DH) to keep Natalie's name in everyone's mind. IF Mr Holloway did this and it's untrue and he knows it's untrue, I will have a real problem believing anything he says after this. If they were on a private plane, could the bones have been 'kinda smuggled' in?

WHERE IS BETH?

1) wouldn't beth be WITH dh on tv / media if they truly thought they had natalee?
2) he could be in a heap of trouble with CBP if they smuggled "remains" into the country

Let me see if I have this straight...The HuffPost article and Nancy Grace are both stating that there were no human bones found in Aruba? I have seen this posted all over Reddit and now FB and the only source I'm seeing is HuffPost. I just don't know how legit these sources are.

i think beth's silence speaks volumes :(

Am I remembering correctly that Natalee was declared dead a few years ago, but by only one parent against the wishes of the other? I'm sorry for not remembering the details. But I think it was Mr Holloway that did the declaring, and Beth was very unhappy about it. Please correct me if I'm wrong or have it turned around. The reason I bring this up is because I don't know if they really get along so well after all they've been through. And please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that as well. I am wrong quite frequently! :)

Am I remembering correctly that Natalee was declared dead a few years ago, but by only one parent against the wishes of the other? I'm sorry for not remembering the details. But I think it was Mr Holloway that did the declaring, and Beth was very unhappy about it. Please correct me if I'm wrong or have it turned around. The reason I bring this up is because I don't know if they really get along so well after all they've been through. And please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that as well. I am wrong quite frequently! :)
BBM
Here on websleuths, people won't hesitate to correct you if they think you're wrong. You never have to worry about that.

Wow, I can't find Oxygen

is that the channel?

I just checked my oxygen Channel schedule for tonight and it is on in 30 minutes! (Eastern time). For my area Comcast schedule is showing it at BOTH 7 p.m. and again at 9 p.m. tonight

ETA: Andddddddd, it's running for the third time at 10 pm also. Three times in one night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther