OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

Archive: Email adds to mystery surrounding Jody Rilee-Wilson's death

Jody Rilee-Wilson, in an e-mail sent on the last day she was seen alive, told a prospective employer that she planned to attend a funeral with her husband and in-laws — a funeral that took place in New Mexico on the day her body was found on an Oklahoma mountaintop.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...epens-mystery-roxbury-womans-death/311515001/

Thanks for the heads up Roselvr. I can't believe there hasn't been any news on this case in so many years.
I found it so sad that Jody's parents had to bite their tongues in order to ensure that they could see their grandchild. :(

Does anyone know if they still get to see their grandchild? (If not, hopefully the series in the North Jersey Record will provide us with that info.)

Archive: Roxbury native dragged into woods after she died but report inconclusive

Abbott Koloff, Daily Record | Updated 8 hours ago
This story originally appeared in the Morris County Daily Record on Oct. 2, 2009

Five months after Jody Rilee-Wilson's body was found on an Oklahoma mountaintop, a medical examiner determined she was dragged into the woods after she died, but has been unable to determine the cause of death.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...r-she-died-but-report-inconclusive/311502001/

Roxbury mayor seeking answers to his daughter's death in Oklahoma May 05, 2010 at 5:56 PM, updated May 05, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Jim and Stacey Rilee traveled this week from Morris County to Poteau, Okla., the town where their daughter’s body was found nearly one year ago.
In the 12 months since a paraglider first spotted Jody Rilee-Wilson’s body in the woods near Poteau Mountain, the investigation into her death has produced little result.

Authorities have not even been able to determine how Rilee-Wilson, 23, was killed. The Rilees announced today that they are doubling the reward for information regarding their daughter’s death to $20,000.

Officials still do not know how Rilee-Wilson’s body ended up in the woods or who left her car in a parking lot hundreds of miles away in Henryetta, Okla.

“We don’t even know if it’s a murder,”

Rilee-Wilson moved to Oklahoma after attending the County College of Morris. She lived with her husband, Donald Lee Bocephus “Bo” Wilson, and her daughter, Annabelle, in Wister, Okla., which is near the Arkansas border.

Rilee-Wilson was last seen alive on May 5.

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2010/05/roxbury_mayor_seeking_answers.html

Thanks for the heads up Roselvr. I can't believe there hasn't been any news on this case in so many years.
I found it so sad that Jody's parents had to bite their tongues in order to ensure that they could see their grandchild. :(

Does anyone know if they still get to see their grandchild? (If not, hopefully the series in the North Jersey Record will provide us with that info.)

Sorry was on my cell; didn't see your post. I'm curios if they see the baby too. Haven't seen any story in 5+ years. Was glad for my google alert

Part 1: The mysterious, unsolved death of Jody Rilee-Wilson By Abbott Koloff , NorthJersey Published 11:59 p.m. ET May 6, 2017 | Updated 4 hours ago

Today, back in Roxbury, her parents, Jim and Stacey Riley, remain in limbo. The past eight years have been marked by heartache and frustration as Oklahoma authorities – who said Jody was dragged into the woods after she died – have fruitlessly chased clues and been unable to solve the case.

The trail has grown cold.

Although she appeared to be happy in Oklahoma in many ways, Jody told Anderson that she argued with her husband and had “differing opinions” with her in-laws about raising the baby.

“It never got to the point of her bags being packed,” said Anderson, who declined to discuss the reason for the arguments and said Jody didn’t specify her differences with Bo’s parents. But, Anderson said, the idea of coming home to Roxbury with Annabelle was a “recurring theme.”

Still, Jody was determined to make this new life a success.

In the days before she disappeared, Jody seemed to have found a new focus, landing a job selling cosmetics for Avon and telling friends how excited she was to get started.

She even planned to take Annabelle on sales calls.

During a lunch meeting near her home with a company district manager to brainstorm sales ideas, Jody mentioned that she would be away for a few days attending a funeral. That night, Jody sent the manager an email, saying that she had purchased neon paper for an Avon party and was bubbling with ideas after participating in a conference call on sales techniques.

“I am SO GLAD I listened to it, it gave me even MORE ideas than you gave me today!!” she wrote. She added that “*my brain is on overload lol*” and that she was eager to follow suggestions made in the conference call, like asking clients for referrals.

“I am going to try that tomorrow,” she promised.

The email was sent at 9:17 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5, 2009.

It was the last time anyone heard from Jody Rilee-Wilson.

It was last night she was seen alive.

Hi everyone, I haven't read the 21 pages of comments here.

My name is Tina, my maiden name was Yue when I was in high school.
I went to school with Jody.

Does anyone have any questions or any info they can give me? If there are suggestions on something we can do to help the family solve this like start a petition or a go fund me for hiring a Pi, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxbury mayor seeking answers to his daughter's death in Oklahoma May 05, 2010 at 5:56 PM, updated May 05, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Jim and Stacey Rilee traveled this week from Morris County to Poteau, Okla., the town where their daughter’s body was found nearly one year ago.
In the 12 months since a paraglider first spotted Jody Rilee-Wilson’s body in the woods near Poteau Mountain, the investigation into her death has produced little result.

Authorities have not even been able to determine how Rilee-Wilson, 23, was killed. The Rilees announced today that they are doubling the reward for information regarding their daughter’s death to $20,000.

Officials still do not know how Rilee-Wilson’s body ended up in the woods or who left her car in a parking lot hundreds of miles away in Henryetta, Okla.

“We don’t even know if it’s a murder,”

Rilee-Wilson moved to Oklahoma after attending the County College of Morris. She lived with her husband, Donald Lee Bocephus “Bo” Wilson, and her daughter, Annabelle, in Wister, Okla., which is near the Arkansas border.

Rilee-Wilson was last seen alive on May 5.

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2010/05/roxbury_mayor_seeking_answers.html

"We don't even know if it's a murder?!"

Hi everyone, I haven't read the 21 pages of comments here.

My name is Tina, my maiden name was Yue when I was in high school.
I went to school with Jody.

Does anyone have any questions or any info they can give me? If there are suggestions on something we can do to help the family solve this like start a petition or a go fund me for hiring a Pi, let me know.

Thanks so much for joining here! Are you in contact with her parents? That would be the best place to start to see if they want a go fund me. I assume you're in the FB group? Someone there said the same thing last night

I don't see how Jody was not murdered. Its been years but I think she was in a trash bag. I would think if she wasn't murdered they would have called 911.

Thanks so much for joining here! Are you in contact with her parents? That would be the best place to start to see if they want a go fund me. I assume you're in the FB group? Someone there said the same thing last night

I don't see how Jody was not murdered. Its been years but I think she was in a trash bag. I would think if she wasn't murdered they would have called 911.

I'm the one who started the Facebook group. I do have contact with her parents but I do hate bothering them.

She was found in black bags. Which, when someone wonders if it's murder, I call BS. Jody was not a petite woman, there is no way 1 human would be able to bring her up that mountain.

Sounds like a classic case of postpartum depression or her hormones were wacky with pregnancy; they were young, probably at each others throats. Don't doubt she was sleep deprived.

I'm not saying it negatively against her but I've been a young parent before; it's not easy. add to it she wasn't near her parents.

not sure if there was foul play with the hubby. It's not looking that way since there appears to be other deaths. If he left with the baby when they were fighting he may not have called her; and if that's the case, he's feeling really bad right now.

Glad they were able to ID the body.
Sorry her baby has to grow up without a mother.

Baby blues, yes.

I'm the one who started the Facebook group. I do have contact with her parents but I do hate bothering them.

She was found in black bags. Which, when someone wonders if it's murder, I call BS. Jody was not a petite woman, there is no way 1 human would be able to bring her up that mountain.

That was a very old post you brought up. I don't even remember saying that. He sure moved on fast; way too fast. My feelings about him changed a lot. I don't know how he hasn't been arrested yet

You make a good point about how heavy she would have been. My daughter is 5'4"; weight 180 after her daughter and 200 something with her son. That's a lot to move dead weight.

Not sure if anyone has seen the north jersey articles or podcasts posted, http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...jody-rilee-wilson-oklahoma-roxbury/315895001/

I want to make a correction that it was a rumor about the bags and not entirely true. I couldn't remember all the details...I honestly had so much of this event blocked from my memory.

I also only got to page 5. I'm not sure what others have found or think happened but I'd be interested to hear theories of who may have done it.

Not sure if anyone has seen the north jersey articles or podcasts posted, http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...jody-rilee-wilson-oklahoma-roxbury/315895001/

I want to make a correction that it was a rumor about the bags and not entirely true. I couldn't remember all the details...I honestly had so much of this event blocked from my memory.

I also only got to page 5. I'm not sure what others have found or think happened but I'd be interested to hear theories of who may have done it.

From your link. My browser keeps freezing so have to be quick.

Email deepens the mystery
The email raised questions about Jody's disappearance

Jody Rilee-Wilson was as happy as she had been in some time — and that came through when she told friends and family about her new job at Avon.

She spoke to her parents about pushing her 3-month-old daughter, Annabelle, in a carriage from house to house while on sales calls. She wrote to the Avon district manager to say she was “VERY excited” about working with her.

Then, in a casual reminder that seemed insignificant at the time, she wrote to her boss that she was planning to be “out of town Thursday through Saturday.” She had lost her cellphone but added that she could be reached on her husband’s phone.

“Talk to you soon!!!” she concluded.

That was Tuesday, May 5, 2009, the same day that a missing person report indicates that Jody’s husband — who was accompanied by his parents, baby Annabelle and a pet possum — left without her to attend a funeral more than 550 miles away in New Mexico...

...Eight years later, it is still not clear whether her family left earlier than planned, or whether Jody was mistaken about when they were going to leave.

Perhaps most of all, it’s unknown — almost unfathomable, her friends said — why Jody would have stayed at home in Wister, Okla., but allowed her newborn baby to make the trip.

“She would never have let Annabelle go away from her for that long,” said Lisa Anderson, Jody’s childhood friend from Roxbury, a Morris County township where Jody grew up.

Holly Logston, Jody’s friend from Oklahoma, said that she never remembers seeing Jody without Annabelle. Mother and daughter were inseparable.

“I don’t think she would ever have parted with her baby,” Logston said.

Jody’s husband, Bo Wilson, told people that Jody changed her mind about going to the funeral. But the reason, to this day, remains unknown.

Reached by phone recently, Wilson did not respond to a request to be interviewed about Jody. The line went dead, and he did not reply to a subsequent voicemail message. His phone was later disconnected. His parents did not respond to messages requesting interviews.

His father, Jerry Don Wilson Sr., said in a 2009 telephone interview that the family left for the funeral in the evening on that Tuesday, May 5. However, he declined to answer additional questions or offer more details.

I'm going to update her album on FB but do not have time right now. Here are the links to the series as well as the 2 part podcast which I haven't listened to yet

Podcast - Cold case: What happened to Jody? (PT. 1)
Podcast - Cold case: What happened to Jody? (PT. 2)

Part 1: The mysterious, unsolved death of Jody Rilee-Wilson By Abbott Koloff , NorthJersey Published 11:59 - p.m. ET May 6, 2017 | Updated 4 hours ago Chapter 1 of a four-part series

Part 2: An email deepens the mystery of Jody Rilee-Wilson's death - By Abbott Koloff - Published 12:00 a.m. ET May 8, 2017 | Updated 1:52 p.m. ET May 10, 2017

Part 3: Friends, family search for Jody Rilee-Wilson, not knowing her body had been found
By Abbott Koloff , NorthJersey Published 6:00 a.m. ET May 9, 2017 | Updated 1:50 p.m. ET May 10, 2017

Part 4: Investigation into Jody's death stalls - By Abbott Koloff , NorthJersey Published 6:00 a.m. ET May 10, 2017 | Updated 1:48 p.m. ET May 10, 2017

The slow pace of the investigation

Three months after their daughter’s death, Jim and Stacey Rilee took a bumpy ride up an Oklahoma mountain logging road with authorities to see where her body had been found.

The rock and dirt path was even more difficult to traverse during the week that Jody Rilee-Wilson disappeared, they were told, because it had been partially washed out by rain.

They stopped near the top of Poteau Mountain, with an elevation of more than 2,600 feet. Jody’s father, Jim Rilee, followed agents through the woods to a spot that he said was so far out of the way that not even hunters would stumble upon it.

Rilee said it was a matter of luck that a paraglider spotted Jody’s body from the air and reported it to authorities.

“There was zero doubt she was put there with the hope that she would never be found,” said Rilee, a Roxbury councilman. “We didn’t know what happened, but at least we had her body, so we didn’t have to wonder whether she was alive or dead.”

The Rilees anticipated that an arrest would be made in the case, perhaps within days or weeks.

They have declined to discuss what they believe happened to their daughter. But as the years passed, they have been left in limbo, no closer now than they were eight years ago to knowing how their daughter died.

Rilee said his daughter was “murdered.”

However, authorities have not labeled her death a homicide because her body was badly decomposed, masking possible injuries. Dental records and tattoos — a butterfly and a four-leaf clover — were used to identify her.

Instead, authorities called it a “suspicious” death after determining from scratches that her body had been dragged into the woods after she died. A toxicology report showed no evidence of drug abuse.

Archive: Roxbury native dragged into woods after she died but report inconclusive By Abbott Koloff, Daily Record Published 11:49 a.m. ET May 5, 2017 | Updated 11:54 a.m. ET May 5, 2017

This story originally appeared in the Morris County Daily Record on Oct. 2, 2009

An Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's report released Thursday said the former Roxbury resident's body was decomposed, which might have masked injuries that went undetected in the autopsy. The report says Rilee-Wilson suffered abrasions to her back and hand, and a leg contusion, apparently caused when she was dragged 35 feet from a logging road into the woods.

The report was issued one week after Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen, R-N.J., got involved in the case, writing a letter to an Oklahoma legislator to ask for help in expediting the matter.

The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office recently lost its professional accreditation and is understaffed. But delays in the case apparently had been caused at least partly by difficulties working with a decomposed body.

"There was not a lot to work with," said Cherokee Ballard, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office.

Jim Rilee, the victim's father and Roxbury's deputy mayor, expressed concern about the law enforcement investigation, saying he believes the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation had drawn premature conclusions about the case.

"I think they thought it was an overdose and somebody dumped her body," Rilee said. "I think they could have done much more if they hadn't drawn a conclusion on the cause of death before the report came out."

The autopsy report said that while decomposition can interfere in detecting certain drugs when they are present in therapeutic amounts, larger amounts routinely are detected.

Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said authorities hadn't drawn conclusions prior to Thursday's report. However, she acknowledged that authorities are at a standstill and had been hoping the autopsy would provide help. She said one agent is assigned to the case, along with other duties.

Just heard there may be new information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lneill04