Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know his exact address but if you do street view on that subdivision the majority (if not all) do.
Legends Bay subdivision

Jumping off your post...Curious why Legends Bay subdivision is said to be where they lived? I reference this as to my question to where the Chambers County Sheriff Office said they have welfare call to. That Subdivision does not have a street by that name. There is a street in Chambers County (as stated in the statement- but it is in Seabrook Tx Chambers County)

Chambers County Sheriff's Office
September 9 at 9:04pm ·
On Saturday, August 26, the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a welfare concern for 37 year old Crystal Seratte McDowell, of the 4000 block of Bay Vista Drive in west Chambers County. https://www.facebook.com/4575487009...1830.457548700999996/1472031842885005/?type=3

Is Bay Vista Drive the Townhouse?

Jumping off your post...Curious why Legends Bay subdivision is said to be where they lived? I reference this as to my question to where the Chambers County Sheriff Office said they have welfare call to. That Subdivision does not have a street by that name. There is a street in Chambers County (as stated in the statement- but it is in Seabrook Tx Chambers County)

On Saturday, August 26, the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a welfare concern for 37 year old Crystal Seratte McDowell, of the 4000 block of Bay Vista Drive in west Chambers County. https://www.facebook.com/4575487009...1830.457548700999996/1472031842885005/?type=3

Not sure why, but when I google Bay Vista Drive, Chambers County, TX the street comes up as Emerald Bay Cir: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...4970fb9f0ef365!8m2!3d29.8167779!4d-94.8491449

This looks like a fairly new subdivision. Could the street name have been changed?

I just do not have faith in media reporting. Is this a typo? Was it suppose to be leaving the BF home?

Missing mom Crystal McDowell's ex-husband charged with murder after body found
Published September 10, 2017

The real estate agent was seen on video cameras on her ex-husband’s property leaving his home. Sheriffs found the bag she used to carry her business papers inside her ex-husband’s house.

Surveillance cameras inside the ex-husband’s home captured her leaving the property. The Chambers County Sheriff’s Office had nine persons of interest, according to the local ABC affiliate, but then moved to arrest Steven McDowell on Saturday after they found the remains believed to be those of his ex-wife.

Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne told ABC News “Hurricane Harvey is not the reason Crystal McDowell is missing.” http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/1...and-charged-with-murder-after-body-found.html

I just do not have faith in media reporting. Is this a typo? Was it suppose to be leaving the BF home?

The real estate agent was seen on video cameras on her ex-husband’s property leaving his home. Sheriffs found the bag she used to carry her business papers inside her ex-husband’s house.

Surveillance cameras inside the ex-husband’s home captured her leaving the property. The Chambers County Sheriff’s Office had nine persons of interest, according to the local ABC affiliate, but then moved to arrest Steven McDowell on Saturday after they found the remains believed to be those of his ex-wife.

Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne told ABC News “Hurricane Harvey is not the reason Crystal McDowell is missing.” http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/1...and-charged-with-murder-after-body-found.html

Poor reporting. The video is from the boyfriend's house.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post

On Saturday, August 26, the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a welfare concern for 37 year old Crystal Seratte McDowell, of the 4000 block of Bay Vista Drive in west Chambers County. https://www.facebook.com/45754870099...885005/?type=3

Not sure why, but when I google Bay Vista Drive, Chambers County, TX the street comes up as Emerald Bay Cir: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...4970fb9f0ef365!8m2!3d29.8167779!4d-94.8491449

This looks like a fairly new subdivision. Could the street name have been changed?

Possible it could be BF home Unsure.
Here is what I get. Seabrook Tx is in Chambers County. *Note there is a Park Street for both Seabrook Tx, which is near the Bay Vista Drive and then there is a Park Street in Baytown.
bay vista drive.JPG

It is also about 18 miles from the Motel 6 (4911 Interstate 10 East, Baytown, TX 77521)
bay vista drive to motel 6 I 10.JPG

Just a few from last 2 days. Unsure... Misreporting maybe

Crystal was last seen at her boyfriend’s home on Aug. 25 getting into her car, according to ABC News. Days later, police found her 2013 black Mercedes Benz submerged in a Motel 6 parking lot roughly 13 miles from her home, CBS News reported at the time. http://people.com/crime/ex-husband-texas-mom-crystal-mcdowell-charged-with-murder/

According to authorities and news reports, Crystal never arrived on Aug. 25 to pick up her two children, 5 and 8, from her ex-husband’s home in the Houston area after she left her boyfriend’s home earlier that day less than 18 miles away. http://people.com/crime/ex-husband-texas-mom-crystal-mcdowell-charged-with-murder/
Crystal McDowell's remains were discovered more than 20 miles away from her vehicle.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-missing-realtor.html#ixzz4sTr92Hyc

Needlepoint Rd Baytown
11419 I-10 Baytown (Motel 6 address)
Bay Vista Drive Seabrook (Chambers Cty)
Bay Vista drive to Needlepoint to Motel 6.JPG

Link
BBM
After the Saturday admission, accused killer Steven McDowell led investigators to the body of Crystal McDowell, who he admitted to strangling then leaving in a wooded area in the western part of the county.
The couple's children - ages 5 and 8 - were allowed to stay with their father following their mother's disappearance, but were handed over to CPS custody following Saturday's arrest.

Despite pervasive online rumors to the contrary, Hawthorne said there is no reason to believe the children saw the crime.

Hadn't seen this posted, however if duplicated, please disregard.

I think he thought of her as 100% his property.

Luckily that defense doesn't fly in court any longer.

since SM was a car enthusiast, I don't think a house without a garage would be acceptable or even a consideration to him (from my own experience with car buffs).

Just a few from last 2 days. Unsure... Misreporting maybe

Crystal was last seen at her boyfriend’s home on Aug. 25 getting into her car, according to ABC News. Days later, police found her 2013 black Mercedes Benz submerged in a Motel 6 parking lot roughly 13 miles from her home, CBS News reported at the time. http://people.com/crime/ex-husband-texas-mom-crystal-mcdowell-charged-with-murder/

According to authorities and news reports, Crystal never arrived on Aug. 25 to pick up her two children, 5 and 8, from her ex-husband’s home in the Houston area after she left her boyfriend’s home earlier that day less than 18 miles away. http://people.com/crime/ex-husband-texas-mom-crystal-mcdowell-charged-with-murder/
Crystal McDowell's remains were discovered more than 20 miles away from her vehicle.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-missing-realtor.html#ixzz4sTr92Hyc

I think those are examples of misreporting and also maybe confusion about where "her home" was located. Technically she was living with her ex but she also had a town house and she also had been staying overnight with her boyfriend. Any of those "homes" could be what they are referring to and they might have also looked up the wrong Bay Vista Dr... The Daily Mail one is probably a typo since her remains were found approx 2 miles from her car, not 20. JMO.

Possible it could be BF home Unsure.
Here is what I get. Seabrook Tx is in Chambers County. *Note there is a Park Street for both Seabrook Tx, which is near the Bay Vista Drive and then there is a Park Street in Baytown.
attachment.php

It is also about 18 miles from the Motel 6 (4911 Interstate 10 East, Baytown, TX 77521)
attachment.php

That is too far away to make sense with what we know about where they lived. JMO, I think that is the wrong Bay Vista Dr. I'm going with what was on the Ashley Banfield show since she had the most interviews with people directly involved in this case. Someone would have corrected her map on the show if she was putting up the wrong location for SM's house all this time. JMO.

Needlepoint Rd Baytown
11419 I-10 Baytown (Motel 6 address)
Bay Vista Drive Seabrook (Chambers Cty)
View attachment 123056

Greetings, Mimi.

The new home is built on a street that hasn't been added to maps yet. It is in the Legends Subdivision that is viewable streetside on Google Earth. Their home is appx 4 miles from the Motel 6 in the Barbers Hill Independent School District.

Link
The sheriff said she was still living with her ex, in his new home for the time being.

Crystal planned on moving back into the home the couple formerly shared, after she finished having it remodeled.
BBM
More at link.

I'm wondering if the townhouse is on Ward Road? It's an address that pulls up on a search tool I use. (I didn't include the unit number for privacy reasons)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think those are examples of misreporting and also maybe confusion about where "her home" was located. Technically she was living with her ex but she also had a town house and she also had been staying overnight with her boyfriend. Any of those "homes" could be what they are referring to and they might have also looked up the wrong Bay Vista Dr... The Daily Mail one is probably a typo since her remains were found approx 2 miles from her car, not 20. JMO.

I totally get it. Unless I hear from the source or documents from LEO.... I know it all we can go on but they mess stuff up all time. JMHO NG one of the worst. As I said lol I do not like media reporting they screw it all up. In EVERY CASE. I saw first hand sitting in on murder trial. But I only found 1 Bay Vista Drive in Chambers County Tx. Bay Vista came from the Sheriff fb acct.

I totally get it. Unless I hear from the source or documents from LEO.... I know it all we can go on but they mess stuff up all time. JMHO NG one of the worst. As I said lol I do not like media reporting they screw it all up. In EVERY CASE. I saw first hand sitting in on murder trial. But I only found 1 Bay Vista Drive in Chambers County Tx. Bay Vista came from the Sheriff fb acct.

Bay Vista Drive also shows up on a background check for SM and CSM.

since SM was a car enthusiast, I don't think a house without a garage would be acceptable or even a consideration to him (from my own experience with car buffs).

I 2nd this! DH insisted we have a 3 car garage home when we built and honestly, he wants a shop so he can have a "project" car in the future.

Greetings, Mimi.

The new home is built on a street that hasn't been added to maps yet. It is in the Legends Subdivision that is viewable streetside on Google Earth. Their home is appx 4 miles from the Motel 6 in the Barbers Hill Independent School District.

I not above saying I am wrong lol But I don't see a street by that name in the Legends Bay Subdivision. I just was trying to find what the Sheriff Office was talking about. You know me and puzzlers ;) or on the Chambers County website lol

EDIT... OK I am satisfied :happydance: To find you have to go to Real Estate listings, there it shows the Legends Subdivision and Chambers County ....County:Chambers CountySubdivision:Legends Bay Market Area:Chambers County West
:loveyou: Everyone!!

I'm wondering if the townhouse is on Ward Road? It's an address that pulls up on a search tool I use. (I didn't include the unit number for privacy reasons)

It is. And I found this .. and that Ward Street is in the Harris Cty side. Pretty area very nice Townhouse!

Baytown is a city within Harris County and partially in Chambers County in the Gulf Coast region of the U.S. state of Texas. Located within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area, it lies along State Highway 146 and Interstate 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther