GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both she had them on a lanyard.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange that LE don't know if this lanyard was found (we house keys and car keys) and where in her car? Seems quit crucial...don't you agree?

Isn't it strange that LE don't know if this lanyard was found (we house keys and car keys) and where in her car? Seems quit crucial...don't you agree?
Right now I rechecked and it's not on the evidence list they gave us, but then again her debit card / id were not either until we asked the other day

Right now I rechecked and it's not on the evidence list they gave us, but then again her debit card / id were not either until we asked the other day

What did they say...do they have theories what happened, knowing all the things for now?

You'd think though, if her keys were not recovered they would instruct anyone who gave Jenna a key to their house... to change locks, ASAP, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The car was found nearly 4 weeks ago. Surely they should know the answer to this! You must be so frustrated waiting for answers from LE all the time.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
The house keys are important because they can be fingerprinted to discover if Jenna or someone else locked the front door. Subie confirmed the door was locked from outside with a key so this will narrow that down at least. I cannot understand why LE are so vague about all this.

So J had no credit cards just one debit card and one id card found but we don't know where in the car they were or whether in the purse or not.
I wonder if LE fingerprinted the debit card or checked who used it on the gas station cctv's? That would be useful to know.

Have they physically returned items to you? (Car, purse, debit and id card, shoes, clothes, suitcase, keys etc)

Have they physically returned items to you? (Car, purse, debit and id card, shoes, clothes, suitcase, keys etc)
Not the id or debit and a few other misc items on the evidence list (minor items like bills)
Everything else like shoes , clothes , suitcase were left in car and we have those now

My car was stolen. The first thing I did was change the locks on all my doors at my house within a few hours of when I was notified as the keys to my house was on my key ring, and the car had my address in it.

Understandably her mother said on the video that she was concerned that the potential perpetrators knew where she lived.

Perhaps the family knows and just cannot share it?

I have to say I don't understand what LE are doing. They wanted to keep the car discovery secret but now don't seem to know whether any keys were with it at all. How peculiar? They have searched businesses nearby and used dogs but can't answer the key question. Tracing phone pings is also still not complete.

My car was stolen. The first thing I did was change the locks on all my doors at my house within a few hours of when I was notified as the keys to my house was on my key ring, and the car had my address in it.

Understandably her mother said on the video that she was concerned that the potential perpetrators knew where she lived.

Perhaps the family knows and just cannot share it?
But the car wasn't apparently stolen so that doesn't apply here.

I should have been more clear. specifically when my car was stolen the keys went with it.

My post was more concerned about her keys missing, not knowing who is in possession of those keys. That is how I thought it applied here.

Do we know that it wasn't though?

I've taken a few days away hoping jenna would be found... still nothing :(

I take my hat off to you subie, <modsnip> I admire your honesty through this thread. <modsnip>

I hope so badly that you find her
<modsnip>

AMEN to this!

Do we know that it wasn't though?

I've taken a few days away hoping jenna would be found... still nothing :(

I take my hat off to you subie, <modsnip> I admire your honesty through this thread. <modsnip>

I hope so badly that you find her
<modsnip>

Subie if you decide to search at all tomorrow or need anything, please reach out. I can send you a FB message if you would like. I live about 30 mins away and more than glad to do anything needed for you or your family during this hard time for you all. Don't hesitate to ask for anything needed!

So the car was near Dynasty Event Center as well as the Exec Studios. Does anyone know what if any events were on that Friday and Saturday ?

This is obviously not a definitive answer, but when it was released that the car was found, I googled businesses and event spaces nearby and that date, checked their websites, as well as Instagram posts tagged in those locations or with any of those locations as a hashtag starting from that Friday to a couple of weeks out with no indication of any official events taking place that Friday evening or Saturday morning. There were tags at Street Execs, but all pics were taken inside and seemed to be related to recording sessions, not events. There were also numerous hashtags in that time frame that simply referenced music that had been recorded there at some point in the past.

I drove by where the car was found soon after the info was released, and no cars were parked on the street there, so I think a car left there for some days would be noticeable, especially to any employees of surrounding businesses. There are lots for those businesses, so parking on the street would be unnecessary except perhaps for some crowded event.

There are a couple of parks in the area that I also drove by, but they are small, one with what seemed to be a well-frequented playground. That one also had a car idling with tinted windows, so maybe more happens there than play, but it seems an unlikely destination for Jenna.

Other parks and green spaces have been mentioned--I think Atlanta is said to have the most tree cover of any major US city. Most of the parks in the triangle that was posted earlier are very small and mostly open space. The Morningside nature preserve, I've driven by numerous times, and always see people there. It doesn't seem that big from the road, but I've admittedly never been through it. The large green area right in the middle of the triangle is Piedmont Park, which receives considerable foot traffic and has very little nature area.

This is mostly a post of negatives, which is sad.

The Morningside nature preserve, I've driven by numerous times, and always see people there. It doesn't seem that big from the road, but I've admittedly never been through it. The large green area right in the middle of the triangle is Piedmont Park, which receives considerable foot traffic and has very little nature area.

This is mostly a post of negatives, which is sad.

I've walked through Morningside Natire Preserve - it was well trafficked on a weekend day- there are trails and a bit of woods surrounding the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Jenna’s phone and purse not at the house"

I don't like compound questions but here goes

Why would you assume or others that her phone and purse would be at the house.?
Because it rang then went to answer machine doesn't necessarily mean it would be at the house.
Wouldn't she have taken them with her given she wasn't there?
That is unless someone else has them.

ETA:

if these questions have already been answered i apologise.

Bit of Hope.. We are up to 1,000 posts so thread number 3 will be starting soon. Can you bring over the latest update again for the timeline when the new thread #3 starts?

:tyou: so much for your efforts on that timeline! :blowkiss:

"Jenna’s phone and purse not at the house"

I don't like compound questions but here goes

Why would you assume or others that her phone and purse would be at the house.?
Because it rang then went to answer machine doesn't necessarily mean it would be at the house.
Wouldn't she have taken them with her given she wasn't there?
That is unless someone else has them.

ETA:

if these questions have already been answered i apologise.

IMO the conversation/questions were about if her purse/ID/keys of her parents house and car keys were found in her car and where in the car (trunk, glove-compartment, in the open) trying to reconstruct what might have happened..somebody throwing all of her stuff in the car and staged it there (taking the car keys after closing the car) where it was found or she parked it herself for whatever reason. If you park your own car somewhere you have a habit of doing things...taken your ID with you etc/not leaving your purse in the car for everybody to be seen, stuff like that. The phones are still not accounted for as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lNana of8