Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice labeling! I’m guessing that the land between the parking lot and the on ramp wasn’t lit, has bushes and is possibly a little steep. It would have been easier to run down 99 back the way she came to access the onramp IMO. Just a guess.

Here's what I think we're seeing, but I could be completely wrong. If she was headed for the On ramp, why not cut through the parking lot where it's better lit?

attachment.php

Did anybody see the picture of SP that's linked to the video story on the Daily Mail website. She looks completely different. Wonder if she is trying to change her appearance. I understand - it would be difficult to live in a small area and probably be the topic of conversation all the time. But if she was so proud of her hair previously, I just find it bizarre.
I imagine that is how she looked when shw disappeared. We only have the Halloween photos that were recent. The rest were what? 10 years old?

Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi everyone- I'm new to this case in terms of posting, but have been reading on it for a while.

The video strikes me as LE starting to put out the evidence they do have while putting some pressure on the family.

There's no danger in releasing the video since it pretty much is hard to see, however it may start to show others that they're going to start going this route now.

My gut tells me LE is frustrated and not buying a lot of the story they were told but hasn't been able to completely get to where they need to.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome: !

BBM: I totally agree !

Regarding the chains, they are attributed to KP from this ABC story, 17th paragraph under the 'The Day Keith Learned His Wife Had Been Found Alive' header:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

" According to Keith, Sherri was bound with a chain around her waist inside a vehicle with her alleged captors. Keith said his wife told him that at some point her alleged captors stopped the vehicle on a road.

“They opened the door. She doesn't know because she had a bag over her head. They cut something to free her of her restraint that was holding her into the vehicle and then pushed her out of the vehicle,” Keith said.

It's also reported here:

http://people.com/crime/missing-california-mom-chained-beaten-sherri-papini/
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sherri-papini-shasta-20171025-story.html

But no mention of her ankles.

Regarding the chains, they are attributed to KP from this ABC story, 17th paragraph under the 'The Day Keith Learned His Wife Had Been Found Alive' header:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

" According to Keith, Sherri was bound with a chain around her waist inside a vehicle with her alleged captors. Keith said his wife told him that at some point her alleged captors stopped the vehicle on a road.

“They opened the door. She doesn't know because she had a bag over her head. They cut something to free her of her restraint that was holding her into the vehicle and then pushed her out of the vehicle,” Keith said.

It's also reported here:

http://people.com/crime/missing-california-mom-chained-beaten-sherri-papini/
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sherri-papini-shasta-20171025-story.html

But no mention of her ankles.

From the LA Times link;
She was found before sunrise on Thanksgiving on the side of Interstate 5 in Yolo County with a quarter-inch-thick chain around her waist, hose clamps around her wrists, her face bruised and her nose broken from beatings she sustained during her time in captivity, her family said.

So hose clamps were on the wrists. SO hard to remember a year ago.

I guess the P's were hoping the whole thing would go away so they can get on with their lives without photographers stalking them,

but now LE are releasing more information, drip by drip,

and ensuring that the P's are in the media all the time again and ensuring everyone is talking about them and scrutinising them...

BBM: Tick Tock ... Tick Tock !

JMO but I think the time is running out for LE to charge SP and/or KP and/or anyone else involved in this hoax, lying to LE, etc.

:thinking:

1. LE releases the sketches of the abductors almost 1 year after the kidnapping/release of SP ...

2. LE releases info about Mystery Michigan Man and in the same breath, 1 year later, states MM did not meet up with SP ...

3. LE releases the video of SP running through church grounds at 4:15 in the morning almost 1 year after SP's release by her abductors ...

:thinking: Statute of Limitations must be getting close for LE to file charges for this hoax !

:moo:

**NEWS RELEASE**
Sherri Papini Kidnapping Investigation
Yolo County, CA Church Surveillance Released
On November 24, 2016, at 4:22 a.m. Yolo County law enforcement received a 911 call regarding a female identifying herself as Sherri Papini having been located on the northbound on ramp to Interstate 5 in Yolo CA. During a canvas of the area on that day, detectives located video surveillance of Sherri Papini walking in the area of a nearby Jehovah’s Witness church located at 13980 County Road 99W, Woodland, CA. Upon review of the video surveillance, only one camera located on the south side of the building captured Sherri Papini walking in the area of the Highway 99W and the Interstate 5 northbound interchange. Sherri Papini can be seen running to the church north on Highway 99W and then south on Highway 99W until she goes out of view, heading toward the Interstate 5 northbound on ramp. The video surveillance was date and time validated by detectives as occurring on November 24, 2016 at 4:15a.m.
A copy of the video surveillance can be obtained off of the Shasta County Sherriff’s Office Web page; www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index.aspx, click the link for the church video surveillance.

16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
11/07/17

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?
story_fbid=1890570014529831&id=1527637610823075

I wonder why they're releasing this. Does it help the investigation?

No matter what link I click it has a line across the play button. Has the video been taken down or is it me?

Me too.

Fresno Bee story with a link to the surveillance video footage that actually works:

http://amp.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article183216091.html

Thank you! That worked.

I don't find anything suspicious about the video. She could've taken off whatever they put over her head, by the road. It does show her running tot en church as she said. She walks back toward the road probably because she's tentatively making sure they're not around again. Then she begins to run toward the highway for help.

I was also struck by the mayor quoted in the article saying she was "beat to a pulp" "no one does that to themselves" and that she seemed terrified and clinging to her husband.

The first part of the video makes sense to me. Running from a road where kidnappers drop you off to a church to seek help is something almost all of us would do. The second part makes no sense. Would anyone run back towards the exact spot where they had just been dropped off by kidnappers?

Also, on the top half of the screen, does it look like it is raining? I didn't realize it was raining that night.

I have to say it makes sense to me. She ran to the church for help she said. Video does suppory that. If she found no one there, then what? Where else in the dark at night could she go? She didn't run back toward the road where the bad guys were. She walked back. Seemed to kind of stop and look and then began running toward the highway.

It makes sense because the reason she walked back and hesitated at first could be hesitation and fear. Once she saw they weren't there, she starts running to the highway because that was the only site source of help. Tons of cars.

Pics grabbed from family social media accounts are not allowed and have been removed.

:wave:

I haven’t posted on WS in a year or more but had to come read about this case when I saw the People article. I read thread #1 and this thread to catch up. 😊

A few things... I tried to multi quote but they’re lost and I don’t know where in the two threads I quoted them so hopefully what I ramble about makes sense.

The quote someone posted about KP saying to the kids about mommy being home for Thanksgiving and he says we had such a great Thanksgiving planned and we just couldn’t talk about it anymore. I think he means he didn’t want to talk about their plans for Thanksgiving because he didn’t know if SP would be home. Not he told the kids mommy would be home and then didn’t want to mention that again. Without the quote, I really am just rambling...

In this article, AS states she saw a woman with LONG hair on the side of the road... What!?!?!? How!?

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...pini-was-looking-panicked-and-frightened/amp/

“I saw this woman with long blonde hair in the right shoulder of the freeway and she was waving a piece of fabric that looked like a shirt, waving it up and down trying to flag someone down,” the woman, Alison Sutton, tells PEOPLE. “It was obvious: She needed help.”

There was more but I forget now that I’m all caught up!! Hopefully I’ll get multi quote to work and I can comment better. It’s been nice reading posts and “seeing” familiar posters!

Abbot and Costellot whos on first

Who's on first, what;s on second and I don't know is on third.
Costello - so me being a good catcher I pick up the ball and throw it to who.
Abbott - that's the first thing you've said right.
Costello - I don;t even know what I'm talking about!!!!

So the next batter hits a long fly to Becaus.
Why? I don't know he's on third and I don;t give a damn
What did you say?
I said I don;t give a damn
Ohh thats our shortstop

Her account:
Per Keith
"*Keith continued, “There was a junkyard or some kind of yard or something like that that she tried to get into and a big dog started barking and scared her, and then she went and familiarized herself with where she was at by standing in the overpass and noticed I-5 symbols and she knew that I-5 North is where we live. Anything past our house, you're up in Mount Shasta area.”

"Keith said Sherri saw lights and ran to another building. When she could not get into that building, Keith said, Sherri then ran to the freeway."

Is the "building" the church?

BBM. Maybe I'm overthinking this, or maybe KP left something out, but this doesn't really add up to me. I-5 North is just the northbound lanes of I-5. You can't "live" at I-5 North. She could be in Seattle or in San Diego and there would be I-5 North signs. If all she saw was signs for I-5 then how would she know that her home was to the north?

If LE did not believe her story, couldn’t they just arrest her and ask her under oath? If they did suspect she was lying to them, and that her injuries were self-inflicted, it would do them and her more harm in announcing fraud if she was/is in such a fragile mental state. They wouldn’t want to risk her harming herself further, IMO. I have NO CLUE why they are just releasing this tape now. It seems very odd. And not incriminating either way, IMO.

No. This isn't Russia. This is America. The police can't just arrest people because they don't like their story. My God, that would be illegal. Per the 4th amendment they need probable cause that an actual crime has been committed before they can arrest someone.

Furthermore, there is no "oath" that someone takes or "under oath" that occurs when someone is arrested. That is only in a court of law. And either way, we have a fifth amendment privilege per the U.S. constitution not to speak to the police ever or testify in a court of law if it would incriminate us.

No. They have to have evidence to arrest her. They have to have enough probable cause to get an arrest warrant. Also, you are not under oath while being interrogated by the police. Not until trial. I doubt she would ever take the stand.

I am a communications professional, so I know a lot about choosing exact words very carefully. The words they have chosen are interesting. For example:

"Sherri appeared battered and bruised, her hair had been cut to shoulder length and she had a brand on her right shoulder."

APPEARED is a very thought provoking word choice.

Jinx! I didn't read your post before I posted mine! I was so alarmed at the idea that people think in America the police have that kind of power so I posted too quickly.

I just don't know what to think. Which is where I have been all along. It just doesn't make sense. Any theory really................

Seriously. No theory. It is bizarre.

BBM. Maybe I'm overthinking this, or maybe KP left something out, but this doesn't really add up to me. I-5 North is just the northbound lanes of I-5. You can't "live" at I-5 North. She could be in Seattle or in San Diego and there would be I-5 North signs. If all she saw was signs for I-5 then how would she know that her home was to the north?

I don't know, but it's possible that unless she was kept blindfolded the entire time, she might've at some point recognized the flat, distinctive look of the Central Valley -- it's quite a bit different than the area north around I-5 in Oregon or Washington. Or perhaps she saw the Hwy 99 sign and knew that that's south of Redding?

p.s. I don't know if this Google street map will post correctly, but it shows the area around the Jehovah's Witness Hall... and there's a huge green Fwy entrance sign which says "Redding" w/ an arrow (map is dated 2012, but I imagine it's still there):
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.735...4!1scLRE9VDm9-5sg0FCzDUcgw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

p.p.s. If you notice, the freeway overpass is past that huge sign. She would have had to go right by it to get to the top of the overpass. I suspect that Keith just didn't have such a clear picture of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua