Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^i didn’t follow that one. Just too many and how sad is THAT?

Here is what ole grouchy says: First, moving the child to a family placement does not immediately remove her from CPS/DSS/DFACS custody or supervision or the oversight of the Guardian ad Litem/CASA.

That being said placing a child early in the process, with family (if that family passes a “rigid” home study is usually preferable and less traumatic for the child. CPS/DSS/DFACS will maintain legal custody until such time as they are reasonably certain the placement is safe and positive for the child with unannounced spot visited to monitor the placement and we can’t automatically condem the entire family because of the actions of these two monsters. I believe it is Sini’s sister and brother in law that they are considering but that is only my guess and the grand parents are nearby as support.

However, personally I am not comfortable with moving the child until such time as the autopsy and other outsourced evidence is returned and all charges have been filled. I also can see a benefit of Terminating Parental Rights and making the child available for adoption thus allowing her to move beyond this nightmare and escape the constant reminders of this tragic episode of her life. I don’t believe based on what we have seen or not seen of this family that they will keep Sini away from the child if CPS/DSS/DFACS demands it. (Either on bond or after release) There are a lot of people who disagree with this opinion but I know that children can be cruel and she shouldn’t have to be teased and taunted by school mates or to be kept at a distance from other class mates because parents know her family history. Adoption would be a fresh start and the opportunity for a peaceful childhood before she is old enough to comprehend what has occurred. I know this case is far from a PR poster for adoption but most adoptive parents are kind, compassionate, loving people who truly love the children they are fortunate enough to share their lives with. (See Margo/Mom or Grouchymom LOL) I am sure they will attempt a kinship placement but if any hiccups occur she will be placed up for adoption in my opinion.

JMHO

WOW! I "thought" this might be coming....

Now - someone mentioned that Sini would be in court today re charges, but I read an article that said she would have court on Monday.

?? Anyone know for sure?

TIA!

Here is what ole grouchy says: First, moving the child to a family placement does not immediately remove her from CPS/DSS/DFACS custody or supervision or the oversight of the Guardian ad Litem/CASA.

That being said placing a child early in the process, with family (if that family passes a “rigid” home study is usually preferable and less traumatic for the child. CPS/DSS/DFACS will maintain legal custody until such time as they are reasonably certain the placement is safe and positive for the child with unannounced spot visited to monitor the placement and we can’t automatically condem the entire family because of the actions of these two monsters. I believe it is Sini’s sister and brother in law that they are considering but that is only my guess and the grand parents are nearby as support.

However, personally I am not comfortable with moving the child until such time as the autopsy and other outsourced evidence is returned and all charges have been filled. I also can see a benefit of Terminating Parental Rights and making the child available for adoption thus allowing her to move beyond this nightmare and escape the constant reminders of this tragic episode of her life. I don’t believe based on what we have seen or not seen of this family that they will keep Sini away from the child if CPS/DSS/DFACS demands it. (Either on bond or after release) There are a lot of people who disagree with this opinion but I know that children can be cruel and she shouldn’t have to be teased and taunted by school mates or to be kept at a distance from other class mates because parents know her family history. Adoption would be a fresh start and the opportunity for a peaceful childhood before she is old enough to comprehend what has occurred. I know this case is far from a PR poster for adoption but most adoptive parents are kind, compassionate, loving people who truly love the children they are fortunate enough to share their lives with. (See Margo/Mom or Grouchymom LOL) I am sure they will attempt a kinship placement but if any hiccups occur she will be placed up for adoption in my opinion.

JMHO

BBM. :floorlaugh:

I had to laugh before I head back up thread to read what you said lol.

JMHO

Thank you for your insight, GC :) It's very much appreciated!

Grouchymom, I think adoption could be a fantastic option. A clean break from her family and all that would follow for bearing that burden. Thanks for saying this. Adoption is an act of incredible love and hope for a better life.

Why would you try to get her to drink milk before you go eat? It should be a supplement to food IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I think another poster is probably right, that the milk had been sitting there for a long while before they went out to eat. It was probably from earlier in the day, and she was supposed to finish it before getting anything else.

Someone else mentioned that perhaps she was lactose intolerant. She could have developed issues with milk over time. When I was her age, I suddenly became allergic to a medication I had been on for a year. I began to fight taking it, and my mother thought I was just being difficult. But it was giving me headaches and nausea. When I finally broke out in a rash, they realized I had developed an allergy and felt terrible that they hadn't believed it was making me feel ill.

Still, my parents never punished me at 3 years old for hiding when it was time for my medication or having tantrums about taking it, because, you know, I was a danged toddler and that's what toddlers sometimes do for inexplicable reasons.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have this terrible image of her being tied or seat-belted in to a high chair with the milk in front of her on her tray, and when they got home she'd fallen over. This is based on nothing but my fears about leaving a 3 year old home alone!?! Who does that!?
They could have also barricaded her in the kitchen with a baby gate, and she could have gotten into all kinds of things, pulling appliances down or other heavy items.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OT:
I think lactose intolerance has alot to do with ethnicity and the gene pool? I just read Kingsolver's Pigs in Heaven' and the white mom kept making her Cherokee daughter (who somebody had abandoned in her car) drink milk because she was small. Apoarantly, many Cherokees are lactose intolerant and thus the girl really hated to drink milk and white mom had no clue. Ironically, the novel was about where the girl Turtle should be placed permanently.

Milk is so integral to American white culture, it made me wonder how pervasive milk was in with Indian culture or if LI was any kind of a factor in this case?

O/T
Can someone please start a thread for this missing 10 year old girl, Madeleine Malloy in Golden, CO? I don't know how to start a new thread. Thank you.
http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/10-year-old-girl-missing-out-of-golden/492561387

http://via.kdvr.com/8TjFw

f2b83fe327a21497d2d95545a449418d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<raises hand> Because they didn't give a crap about Sherin's well-being? Sorry, I'm angry. Most of us knew something stunk about the mother being asleep the night Sherin disappeared and while I know I can't speak for everyone here I think (IMO) that even posters who tried to give Sini the benefit of the doubt had moments of doubting the story.

I'm jumping ahead here but like y'all I needed to express my disgust at the actions of these parents even though none of the news is really surprising.

So... I'm off to read the doc but right now I'm guessing that the 3 am time WS said in his first story is somehow important. I'm afraid we're going to learn that horrors took place in the house that night that have nothing to do with medical conditions, loving parents who were stressed out or any innocent reason.

It makes me sick to think of Sherin's suffering during those days. How could any person do that to any human, let alone a defenseless toddler?
That time of 3:00 am is what I wonder about too. Why will they come up with the story of drinking milk at 3:00 am?. It such an odd time. Hopefully, we will know the time and cause of death soon.

For those envisioning cow's milk, I wanted to share that LE said that the word "milk" actually referred to some type of protein shake. "Police confirmed that the child was much smaller than other kids her age, and that it was common for her to eat several times each day and night in an effort to put on some additional weight. Officials added that the “milk” being fed to the girl was more like a protein shake." http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/12/missing-girl-parents-uncooperative/

The beverage that these "parents" were trying to get Sherin to drink was most likely something like Pediasure.
And it's really too bad those "parents" didn't read the information on Pediasure's page, which talks a LOT about picky eaters and avoiding battles of will or trying to force your toddler to eat. https://pediasure.com/

Bumping.

It was a "protein shake", not cows' milk.

Bumping.

It was a "protein shake", not cows' milk.
When I hear 'protein shake', I think of whey powder. I always mix my whey powder with milk, never with water (gross). So does DH. I actually just had one for breakfast.

Regular whey powder also has lactose but you can buy a lactose-free whey.

I wonder what kind of protein shake Sherin was drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSteel