Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of reference to WM. Hopefully he doesn’t try to pin it on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he is just trying to show that he wasn't trying to hide the incinerator.... which doesn't really make much difference in the long run I don't think. He still decided to commit murder and use it.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
38s38 seconds ago
More
Lisa Williams worked for MillardAir as a bookkeeper. "Hi Lisa," Millard starts. "How do we know each other?" "Well, I've known you since you were about 15. I used to have a store. I guess that's how we met." She giggles nervously. "I don't know what to say about that."
Poor lady, she's probably so uncomfortable. She's being questioned by a murderer.

We see another slip, relating to the incinerator.

Williams says Wayne Millard's handwriting is on the document.. There is an equation of the total cost, minus a $5,000 down payment "by Visa" it reads.

Millard, "So it's your understanding the incinerator was put on company books, but you can't remember which account?

She answers no.
by Shannon Martin 2:41 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
The incinerator was put on the books but she can't remember what account she put it under, she says. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
26s26 seconds ago
More
Wayne Millard would get the bank statements, check them himself, make notes and writing, and pass them to Williams. "I would see his handwriting all the time," she says. #LauraBabcock

This is a stretch, but it's interesting to speculate that this witness could also testify in the upcoming WM trial if there is any kind of suicide note or other written materials.

Millard, "Were you aware I had personal finance accounts?"

She was aware, she saw receipts laying around with his name on the them.

Millard, "Were there some credit cards dedicated to the company?"

She answers yes. She did not deal with personal credit cards.
by Shannon Martin 2:44 PM

Millard, "Do you know who Shane Shlatman is?"

Williams, "He worked at Millard Air."

Millard, "Who ran and owned Millard Air?"

Williams, "Wayne Millard."
by Shannon Martin 2:46 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
Were you aware that I had personal finance accounts? She was. She didn't do the books for those and didn't know the numbers. "I would see, things around, bank statements with your name on them." Millard did his own bookkeeping in the same room?

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Williams says she was aware of Millard's accounts but she never saw him doing any bookkeeping. She did do business credit card stuff, she agrees. "Was it the practice that the credit cards would be set aside for the company if that was what their purpose was?" Yes.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
13s13 seconds ago
More
They were dedicated credit cards for the company, Williams agrees. She knew Shane Schlatman. He worked at the hangar. Who owned Millard Air? Wayne Millard. She knew Schlatman had a credit card for company expenses. #LauraBabcock

Dunno, but he's gonna say he bought it under WM's instructions for hangar garbage??

Maybe he is going with the defense strategy from the first trial: Everything was out in the open and I was hiding nothing therefore I had nothing to hide (which is a great strategy when your client is a dumb criminal).

Millard, "Have you ever heard of the Elizabeth Glass Foundation?"

Williams said it was a foundation for animals. She said Wayne Millard wanted to open a sanctuary for small animals.

She says there is money in the foundation, she doesn't know how it got there.

Justice Code interrupts. "I am struggling to see the relevance.

by Shannon Martin 2:48 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Lisa have you ever heard of the Elizabeth Glass Foundation? She has. Wayne Millard wanted to open an animal sanctuary. The paperwork for the foundation is still active, she says. She doesn't know where the startup money came from. #LauraBabcock

Williams said it was a foundation for animals. She said Wayne Millard wanted to open a sanctuary for small animals.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Lisa have you ever heard of the Elizabeth Glass Foundation? She has. Wayne Millard wanted to open an animal sanctuary. The paperwork for the foundation is still active, she says. She doesn't know where the startup money came from. #LauraBabcock

I think it has been years, but IIRC we did a lot of speculating about the Elizabeth Glass Foundation here on WS when it was found listed in WM's obituary.

What's the point? WM never complained about the equipment in the chop shop. But Arthur Jennings did mention that DM and WM argued over DM's spending. His dad was most likely subject to elder abuse in his last years. MOO

Millard continues, and asks Williams how much money was dedicated to the foundation.

She says about $100,000.

Millard wraps his questions.

by Shannon Martin 2:49 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
3m3 minutes ago
More
I'm having a struggle with the relevance of this, Justice Code says after crown objects to hearsay question. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
3m3 minutes ago
More
Williams says there was more than $100k in the foundation account, which Wayne Millard ran. #Millard is done. Ken Lockhart up for cross. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
Williams saw the invoice, but never saw the actual incinerator, she says. It was a purchase for either Millard Air or Millard Properties. She believes it was Millard Air. Could have been Properties. #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Millards next witness is his fathers former book keeper. Lisa Williams. She was familiar w the invoice for the incinerator. It was a business purchase for Millard Air.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
55s56 seconds ago
More
Millard Air, she clarifies after looking again. She was bookkeeper for Millard Air until spring 2016 -- contract work. She has her own business. Is she still keeping the books today? She doesn't want to answer. Justice Code is asking the jury to leave. #LauraBabcock

Crown Ken Lockhart is up now, for cross-examination. He's asking about the invoice for the incinerator.

She only ever saw the invoice, not the machine.

Lockhart says "This was a business purchase, was it Millard Air or Millard Properties?"

Williams, "I believe it was Millard Air."

The receipt confirms this.

Lockhart says Millard Air paid Williams from January 2012 to spring 2016.

She responds, "It didn't stop, it lessened a whole lot."

Lockhart, "Are you still doing the books today?"

Code has asked the jury to step out of the room.

by Shannon Martin 2:52 PM

Some legal discussions at the moment.

Stand by.
by Shannon Martin 2:53 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More

From the obituary that DM wrote for WM:

'His last, still unlaunched, animal welfare mission is accepting donations to the 'Elizabeth Glass Animal Welfare Fund', 5 Maple Gate Court, Etobicoke, ON M9C 2K4'
'
http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/thes...illard&pid=161695472&referrer=0&preview=false

Crown Ken Lockhart is up now, for cross-examination. He's asking about the invoice for the incinerator.

She only ever saw the invoice, not the machine.

Lockhart says "This was a business purchase, was it Millard Air or Millard Properties?"

Williams, "I believe it was Millard Air."

The receipt confirms this.

Lockhart says Millard Air paid Williams from January 2012 to spring 2016.

She responds, "It didn't stop, it lessened a whole lot."

Lockhart, "Are you still doing the books today?"

Code has asked the jury to step out of the room.

by Shannon Martin 2:52 PM

Some legal discussions at the moment.

Stand by.
by Shannon Martin 2:53 PM

She'd rather not confirm that she is still on the Millard payroll?

Millard continues, and asks Williams how much money was dedicated to the foundation.

She says about $100,000.

Millard wraps his questions.

by Shannon Martin 2:49 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
3m3 minutes ago
More
I'm having a struggle with the relevance of this, Justice Code says after crown objects to hearsay question. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
3m3 minutes ago
More
Williams says there was more than $100k in the foundation account, which Wayne Millard ran. #Millard is done. Ken Lockhart up for cross. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
Williams saw the invoice, but never saw the actual incinerator, she says. It was a purchase for either Millard Air or Millard Properties. She believes it was Millard Air. Could have been Properties. #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Millards next witness is his fathers former book keeper. Lisa Williams. She was familiar w the invoice for the incinerator. It was a business purchase for Millard Air.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
55s56 seconds ago
More
Millard Air, she clarifies after looking again. She was bookkeeper for Millard Air until spring 2016 -- contract work. She has her own business. Is she still keeping the books today? She doesn't want to answer. Justice Code is asking the jury to leave. #LauraBabcock

Here come the judge!!

Should we expect a claim that his father approved the purchase of the incinerator because it could be used for his planned animal sanctuary when animals passed away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump