Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 2 raps in the TB trial that I found on youtube.

Rap #1 created Feb 16, 2013 (modified May 21, 2013)

Its me muthaph***, so relentless
Running from cops outta them spots, over them fences
Im high, so I’m half *advertiser censored**in demented
But I still Gotta get away nice and splendid
Got my 9
So I’m running like its nothing.. Till I’m dead, kid!
I am NOT unstoppable
But I like to live my life without the cops involved
Its not probable, but if it happened to me…
Problem solved!
Im just coming for the loot, so shoot first,
I come for your new purse, and wallets,
I want some chronics, and that juice cuz ima alcoholic
No stallin, give it to me in a quick haste,
more speedy then fast paced,
Im running away from the police in a cash race

Rap #2 created July 7, 2012 (modified Oct 8, 2012)

Never lonely, its just me & my chrome piece, I’m holding
The cards I was dealt… I’m never folding
The One & Only…… SAY 10, its no fony…
I am muthaphuka!
Get slapped with my gun hand muthaph***!
Leave you dead, with some contraband muthaph***
My 380 iz NO stranger, when I’m angered you’re in danger
My style iz in the majors, Always on my best behaviour
Cutchya open with some razors, electrifying like tasers
First one, I’m never last place

[video=youtube;n324nhK5xiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n324nhK5xiY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n324nhK5xiY[/video]

Top 10 for sure (said sarcastically) LMAO... How in the world is this creative art?? or talent?? and no, I am not anti-rap but this, really ???

If he was really smart, he would have continued to text LB after he murdered her. Stopping all communication dead turkey is telling. Perhaps he does have a record of him texting LB after that evening she went missing and will be entering it into evidence, but I'm not going to bet on it because I don't think he's that smart. MOO
RSBM. Well, it wouldn't do much good if she wasn't texting back... :dunno:

RSBM. Well, it wouldn't do much good if she wasn't texting back... :dunno:
The point the OP was making was that DM should have acted like LB was still alive...
But....
Based on my understanding of the text messages between LB and DM, LB initiated the conversations, at least since the last few months leading into July 3.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I don't know what any of that would do to prove he didn't murder LB, though. I also find it hard to believe that he could find someone who would blatantly lie for him on the stand (re. deer at the farm).
I think he is cornered and IMO, DM by his psychopathic nature believes that he has the ability to work his way out of this mess. There are very few farmers that haven't seen a deer and by convincing the Jury that the incinerator pic may be showing deer remains would be a huge benefit for him.

The Crown has painted the picture of "death by love triangle" - showing that he had multiple sex partners who all knew about each other and didn't care takes a swipe at what the Crown asserts to be the motive.

Money, understanding women, lots of expensive interests, over the top generosity and a dead deer in the incinerator- that's what DM wants to show the Jury. MOO

It really depends on the expert and the extent of their report and evidence but figure on at least $5k for the report and then $5k to $10k for testifying.

And who pays these expert witnesses? Please don’t tell me our tax dollars just paid for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And who pays these expert witnesses? Please don’t tell me our tax dollars just paid for that!

The defendant would pay for his own expert witnesses.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I’ve seen it mentioned before that DM is educated, even highly educated. Does anyone know his educational background? I thought it was unclear if he had completed grade 12 before Later taking some cooking, makeup artistry and some type of computer/photography manipulation(?) classes. I do think he has street smarts.

Apparently never finished HS.

<modsnip>

Its a 2km walk from Yonge and Eglinton to Yonge and Lawrence. This witness lost me there.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

And he didn't even mention Yonge which is strange since it is a prominent street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it confounding that DM had the audacity to try and dispute that LB is dead by way of his defense witnesses thus far considering that in his jaw-dropping letters to CN he boldly stated that LB was dead and essentially tried to pin her death on MS alone. I imagine that TD was thrilled with DM's approach today as it would be impossible now for DM to throw further suspicion on MS since DM is trying so hard to instill reasonable doubt that LB is in fact dead.

DM is so trapped by his own web of lies that he cannot seem to keep all the information straight and is hoping I suppose that his defense tactics will confuse the jury and convince them that LB is alive and that these murder charges against him and MS are all just a big misunderstanding by LE and the Crown.

One thing I am thankful for about it all is that the judge has been fantastically patient with DM and although I'm not a legal expert, I think the likelihood of DM ever having grounds for appeal are greatly reduced by the judge's handling of this very sensitive case.

Kudos as well to the impressive Crown prosecutors!

All MOO.

And he didn't even mention Yonge which is strange since it is a prominent street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just picked Yonge. The witness seemed to suggest that Eglinton and Lawrence intersect.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what his "tired" theme is about, now that he's clearly not going to go with an "accidentally killed her" defense (ie. 'Ambien' defense) as he's obviously trying to cast doubt on the fact that she's even dead.

And I really don't see how he could possibly get past those letters.

Millard, "What can you tell us about the image, in your opinion?"

Rufolo, "On the left side of the image, it appears to be two long bones."

He says they can be ribs or forearm, but the glare makes it hard to say for sure.
by Shannon Martin 10:44 AM

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
28s28 seconds ago
More
Rufalo is not sure he's looking at the ends of the bones, but "they do appear to be bones," from the shape, he says. #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher&#8207;
@CityCourtsTO
12s12 seconds ago
More
Dr says can't tell by the first photo if the long bones are human or animal. "They appear to be bones"
Now looking at a more zoomed in image.

Justice Code says, "Can you give us an opinion if they are bones?"

Rufolo says yes, "either human or non human bone."

by Shannon Martin 10:45 AM

BBM They're either human or non human bones? Well, at least we can rule out dinosaurs.
I mean, come on!

It must be torture for LB's parents to be subjected to the horrific details of this trial, and it must be especially difficult for them to be in the same space with DM and MS and having to endure watching and listening to the accused killers of their daughter.

I know I find it hard to follow along even from a distance and although I'm not personally attached to this case, as a parent, a sibling, I can empathize with those who love and miss LB and my heart feels so much sympathy for them.

I hope the prolonged agony of this trial will soon be over so they can finally begin to accept and to heal.

All MOO

An old boyfriend of mine pretty much told me the same thing. His parents have a horse farm in Caledon and I asked him what happens if a horse dies. He told me he simply gets the backhoe going and buries the horse. Incineration would be too costly and take too long. Burial is easier and cheaper.

Right, because you wouldn't be worried about someone digging up a dead horse. The police don't search your farm for dead horses, DM knew why he couldn't just bury LB.

This post lands at random ...

To report a post to Mods, click on the little red triangle in the bottom left of each post. A field will come up for you to type a brief note about your concern. Submit it and Mods or Admin will review it and take action if appropriate.

:wave:

Millard, "Have you ever heard of the Elizabeth Glass Foundation?"

Williams said it was a foundation for animals. She said Wayne Millard wanted to open a sanctuary for small animals.

She says there is money in the foundation, she doesn't know how it got there.

Justice Code interrupts. "I am struggling to see the relevance.

by Shannon Martin 2:48 PM

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Lisa have you ever heard of the Elizabeth Glass Foundation? She has. Wayne Millard wanted to open an animal sanctuary. The paperwork for the foundation is still active, she says. She doesn't know where the startup money came from. #LauraBabcock

I think there's a big difference between opening an animal sanctuary and owning an animal incinerator. How many deceased animals on a sanctuary would you actually have to cremate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly