Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the man in shorts and flip flops seen at 2:08 in the video linked below? Pfingst? His casual appearance and demeanor caught my attention, as he walks right on by the crime scene tape. Just curious.
JMO MOO etc

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=14055289

<b>Brother of Rebecca Zahau's boyfriend liable for her death</b><br />
<br />
VIDEO @ link<br />
<br />
April 6, 2018<br />
<br />
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5765653085001/?#sp=show-clips

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Who is the man in shorts and flip flops seen at 2:08 in the video linked below? Pfingst? His casual appearance and demeanor caught my attention, as he walks right on by the crime scene tape. Just curious.
JMO MOO etc

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=14055289

<b>Brother of Rebecca Zahau's boyfriend liable for her death</b><br />
<br />
VIDEO @ link<br />
<br />
April 6, 2018<br />
<br />
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5765653085001/?#sp=show-clips

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not Pfingst..........looks like a detective that was called in on his day off IMO.

It’s hard to tell because apparently the photo was taken after the mansion was remodeled IIRC. Do we know what the floor looked like at the time of Rebecca’s murder? Even some carpet could leave abrasions on some people (rug burn).

IIRC, the remodel of the mansion did not include any renovations in the Guest House. I was in both after the main house was renovated, and at that time, there had been no changes made to the Guest House.

Your points are well taken, and it is always interesting how we can see the same facts so differently.

From my perspective, I feel certain that the guest house was the scene of RZs death.

At the beginning of my interest in the case, I was also of the same opinion as yourself - the bedroom was the scene of the death, but staged.

However, the available evidence led me to change my mind.

My considerations -

The dropped towel and minimal blood spotting were outside the bedroom

The lack of DNA, hair, fibers, fingerprints from either AS or RZ ( except, primarily, for RZ for the rope) in the bedroom - this first led me to consider the room as not the principle area of activity.

The lack of rope filaments / fibers found( which may be expected to be present from cutting of the the rope in the room / on the carpet)

The lack of indentation marks in the carpet from cutting a rope ( if you put a rope down to cut it, you would likely leave indentations or marks on the floor / furniture where you rest it, to cut it) - none were evident.

The lack of carpet &#8216;pull&#8217; or drag mark behind the leg of the bed (if it was used as an anchor for the hanging) suggesting this was also staged.

The distance of the bed movement was inconsistent with the body weight drop.

The lack of long / short drop hanging injuries on RZs body ( no spinal injury, spinal fracture, spinal dislocation - and no-bleeding, hemorrhage or tissue damage or other wise to the rear of the neck)

RZs (very)dirty bare feet indicate she was located somewhere other than in the bedroom

The inability to explain the lack of footprints on the balcony, and the suggestion RZ could &#8216;hop&#8217; if she &#8216;leaped&#8217; in one motion across the balcony ( why not shuffle?)

((NB the defense attorney was the one who demonstrated how ridiculous this theory was when he nearly broke through the courtroom floor with his &#8216; leaping&#8217; demonstration!))

The lead detectives testimony stating the photos of RZs body were taken around 8.00 hours by the SOCO. She said he could not go inside the building first as they were still clearing the rooms - So there appears to be apparent misconception that the photos were taken when the ME arrived - much later.

This makes the lividly visible in the legs a particular area of interest - as it&#8217;s inconsistent with a short time on the ground - and also with AS timing of when she was found.

The statement from AS on the 911 &#8220;got a girl.....hung herself in the guest house...&#8221;

The fact the rope length indicated RZ would have been inches from the ground if she had been hanging based on the reconstituted rope length shown at trial.

And finally, the lack of DNA on RZs body and &#8216;discovery&#8217; area - and glaring inconsistencies in the &#8216;cutting down&#8217; story by AS - involving the table being needed to reach her, the three arms needed while holding her, the phone, the knife and resuscitation etc.

I also feel that taking RZ to a place where she could be more easily controlled is more in keeping with the psychopathy of someone who would commit a murder such as this.

It was using the evidence available that brought me to the hog tying hypothesis, I proposed that early on too, and very sadly, I was right.

However, it&#8217;s challenging each other of our hypothesis that brings results, and that can only be a good thing.

QUESTION for you guys - does anyone know why is there no time stamp on the crime scene evidence photos that were supplied to the plaintiff?

All just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lezah, great post (as always.) I have also felt the scene of the crime was the guesthouse. Your points convince me even more. My opinion on the lack of a time stamp on the photos would be considered a violation of TOS. :silenced:

Re your ETA - are you sure about this? cynic stated the knot was below her right ear which seems to agree with your first impressions, that the first injury under discussion is on her left side and the other injury is on her right side.

You're right. I have no idea how I reached that conclusion. :facepalm: Sorry for the confusion.

<modsnip>

Firstly, I respect your opinion and recognize you obviously have a great and intense passion for this case ( as do many including myself!) but I cannot, to be honest, speak to anyone else&#8217;s potential involvement, as it&#8217;s not an area I know enough about.

I have tried to focus primarily on RZ&#8217;s death, and the thrust of the actual charges against the defendant in the trial. I&#8217;ve tried to focus my attention on the mechanics of the process of RZs death ( I&#8217;m sorry if I appear insensitive there, it&#8217;s not intentional, I&#8217;m just being descriptive) and to focus on the evidence of how she died.

I suppose if I am totally open, I have a hope something that one of us figures out makes a difference for the family, and even for a criminal investigation to be successful. I certainly believe there are enough keen, sharp and determined &#8216;sleuths&#8217; here to do that, for sure.

I can only speak for myself, but I still feel that the perpetrator of this horrible crime was AS.

Certainly not a specialized, pre planning, murderous genius as some have suggested. I think the whole thing was a complete and utter mess. It was one mistake careering downhill, cascading and crashing into the next, and then a desperate attempt to cover over each mistake.

Anywhere close to a decent police investigation would have meant this conversation or even this thread probably wouldn&#8217;t even be happening. it&#8217;s clear to anyone attending the trial that the police investigators have a lot to answer for in this whole, hideous spectacle IMO.

I also believe history tells us time and again that people &#8216;lose it&#8217; and murder over the most insignificant things, including money, revenge, power and sex, but also for out of control situations, look at road rage...killing because someone &#8216;cut you up&#8217;?

The writing on the door speaks to me of this type of rage, of the anger of someone who is not thinking things through through - acting impulsively, in the moment. I believe, probably, as a response to rejection.

I think Greer got it right, this was about sex....Eventually. I believe It started as a confrontation, then descended in a downward spiral, into RZs death.

I really can&#8217;t explain the desperately poor investigation by the police - it really only became fully apparent at the trial. It was totally incompetent....my God it really was a really, really crap job...

So, they may have a very slim chance for public redemption - if they reopen the investigation and allow an independent investigation team get involved. Let&#8217;s hope and pray eh.

Whatever happens going forward, the victory in court will have comforted the family to a great degree, no doubt. It will never ever be enough of course, but I hope sincerely it gave them some degree of succor.

Whatever the true circumstances, we probably will never ever know, but as Mary said, God knows, and God knows what is truly in the heart of any and all who played any part in this woman&#8217;s death, and one day we will all stand and face Him in judgement.

I just hope I&#8217;m not standing in line anywhere near when that day eventually comes....and it&#8217;s going to come...

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IIRC, the remodel of the mansion did not include any renovations in the Guest House. I was in both after the main house was renovated, and at that time, there had been no changes made to the Guest House.

This is very helpful if you saw and can share the details! I read in the real estate agents info that the whole property was renovated.. so you say this is not correct and the guest house was not included? And you saw and were in the storage room below the guesthouse both before and after the death?

I ask because it looks freshly painted with what looks like new carpet, the same for all the other storage rooms on the portfolio photographs.

Can you describe what you saw and the layout of the guesthouse storage room? Is it the correct one in the photographs I posted? Is the window the one that accesses to the hallway?

Thankyou for your help!

I'm not convinced the murder happened in the guest house.

The black paint on the door, the carpet, the plastic bag, and Rebecca's nipples and buttocks, puts her in the balcony room.

There are two black paint marks on the carpet and I'm wondering if this was transfer paint from her nipples if she was laid there and tied up. The plastic bag would be roughly where her head would be in proximity to those paint marks.

cache.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• KSWB-vid5826-in7838-out12558-75d10b7f-53dc7607-LargeImage.jpg
    KSWB-vid5826-in7838-out12558-75d10b7f-53dc7607-LargeImage.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 174
different picture

attachment.php

Attachments

• rebecca-zahua-crime-scene-21.jpg
    rebecca-zahua-crime-scene-21.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 122

The black paint on the door, the carpet, the plastic bag, and Rebecca's nipples and buttocks, puts her in the balcony room.

There are two black paint marks on the carpet and I'm wondering if this was transfer paint from her nipples if she was laid there and tied up. The plastic bag would be roughly where her head would be in proximity to those paint marks.

cache.php
attachment.php

I'm inclined to agree with you. IIRC, in one of his earlier podcast interviews with Tricia, Keith Greer said there was blood evidence on the floor of the balcony bedroom (in addition to the hallway outside) indicating she sat or lay on the floor there for some time. That was new evidence for us, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Keep in mind, Greer said in his last PC that they will hold another one in the near future to reveal all of the evidence of this case to the public. So there's probably still more we don't know. Personally, I'm hanging in until then, keeping an open mind.

I'm inclined to agree with you. IIRC, in one of his earlier podcast interviews with Tricia, Keith Greer said there was blood evidence on the floor of the balcony bedroom (in addition to the hallway outside) indicating she sat or lay on the floor there for some time. That was new evidence for us, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Keep in mind, Greer said in his last PC that they will hold another one in the near future to reveal all of the evidence of this case to the public. So there's probably still more we don't know. Personally, I'm hanging in until then, keeping an open mind.

BBM - Yes, he did. I am anxious for that presser!

Whatever happened to the warning from Sheriff Gore about releasing the entirety of the files? Imo, the wrongful death suit DID just that. It shed light on the work performed by SDSO. It wasn&#8217;t a false light, it simply showed how much was not considered as evidence in this case.

Imo, Sheriff Gore basically is saying we will open the entire file if we are made to look bad. Did the civil trial NOT just do that? A jury in a civil case found Adam Shacknai responsible for the death of Rebecca. A jury found it to be a murder, not suicide. In my opinion, that is questioning the work of SDSO. Correct?

Sheriff warns Zahau attorney; case file may be opened

Snip-

So, when the Sheriff's department turned over its evidence to family attorney Anne Bremner, it came with a warning. The letter read, in part:
"The files that you will be receiving will not be released to the public, to the media, or anyone else, unless there later develops a law enforcement necessity to do so."

"This decision, however, may be re-evaluated if it becomes clear that parts of the investigation have been released to the media and to the public 'piecemeal', and that such a selective release of portions of the investigation has presented our investigation in a false light."

"Please understand that we have no desire to intrude on your client's right to speak freely about, or even criticize, the investigation completed by this office."

"&#8230;if portions of the investigation are selectively released to the media and to the public in a way that falsely represents the work performed by the Sheriff's Department, we will correct the false portrayal by opening the entire investigation for public scrutiny."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16194812/sheriff-warns-zahau-attorney-case-file-may-be-opened

BBM - Yes, he did. I am anxious for that presser!

Whatever happened to the warning from Sheriff Gore about releasing the files in there entirety? Imo, the wrongful death suit DID just that. It shed light on the work performed by SDSO. It wasn&#8217;t a false light, it simply showed how much was not considered as evidence in this case.

Imo, Sheriff Gore basically is saying we will open the entire file if we are made to look bad. Did the civil trial NOT just do that? A jury in a civil case found Adam Shacknai responsible for the death of Rebecca. A jury found it to be a murder, not suicide. In my opinion, that is questioning the work of SDSO. Correct?

I agree, also this warning given to the Bremmner shows that Sheriff Gore was clearly trying to control the narrative of how this case was protrayed in the media. I don't think that I have ever heard of LE giving a warning to a victims family like this before. Maybe if it was an open investigation into homicide, I can see LE asking the family to limit what they reveal to media, but in a closed case suicide? In my opinion this shows that Gore might not have been too confident in their own investigation and suicide conclusion.

Can the abrasion on Rebecca's left shoulder be paint? It looks very dark, not sure. The right shoulder clearly looks like an abrasion. Greer had said in one of the pc after trial that they believe that Adam might've been peeping at Rebecca in the shower and she had caught him, and things progressed from there. So perhaps this abrasion happened in the shower, maybe he there was a struggle and he was holding her against the wall, perhaps he was attempting to strangle her, maybe she was trying to remove his hands from around her throat. maybe that is how the fingernail mark on her shoulder occured. I remember that the blood in the shower was on the wall, along with a clump of hair. It has bothered me about how menstrual blood can get on a wall, and not on the floor? so maybe shoulder abrasion happened in the shower? LE had stated that there was a hairbrush in the shower which led them believe that rebecca brushed her hair in the shower. Perhaps she was hit on the head with this hairbrush, or a handheld shower head? With such a lack of evidence in the spare bedroom, I have had a feeling that she was murdered elsewhere within the house. The master bedroom and master bathroom had so much that were never tested because LE only treated the spare bedroom as the crime scene. all my opinions.

Sheriff Gore said

"I'd talk to Mr. Greer about it and what he has to offer. If there was something we missed or misinterpreted by our homicide detail or the medical examiners, I'd be more than happy to reopen it," Gore said.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/04/05/sheriff-gore-reacts-to-rebecca-zahau-civil-case-decision/
He has no reason to wait. He should have reopened it already. He has the testimonies of Jonah Shacknai, Adam Shacknai, Dina Shacknai and Dr Peterson.

If DS and Dr.P's testimonies are the truth, Jonah Shacknai perjured himself when he testified that Max's condition had worsened that night and their testimonies undermine Gore's investigation. Changed evidence is NEW evidence.

No wonder Jonah Shacknai said Dr Peterson was "inappropriately direct". That shows how much effort he put into trying to convince the jury that they should believe him and not DS and Dr P on the matter. Another tell was when JS said "she didn't save him" - that showed us very clearly how he tried to steer 180 degrees from what he said to DS about thanking Rebecca.

Adam Shacknai did not take Ambien that night. Changed evidence is NEW evidence.

Blood transfer stain from the knife handle on Rebecca's inner thigh is NEW evidence.

Evidence of hog-tying is NEW evidence.

Can the abrasion on Rebecca's left shoulder be paint? It looks very dark, not sure. The right shoulder clearly looks like an abrasion. Greer had said in one of the pc after trial that they believe that Adam might've been peeping at Rebecca in the shower and she had caught him, and things progressed from there. So perhaps this abrasion happened in the shower, maybe he there was a struggle and he was holding her against the wall, perhaps he was attempting to strangle her, maybe she was trying to remove his hands from around her throat. maybe that is how the fingernail mark on her shoulder occured. I remember that the blood in the shower was on the wall, along with a clump of hair. It has bothered me about how menstrual blood can get on a wall, and not on the floor? so maybe shoulder abrasion happened in the shower? LE had stated that there was a hairbrush in the shower which led them believe that rebecca brushed her hair in the shower. Perhaps she was hit on the head with this hairbrush, or a handheld shower head? With such a lack of evidence in the spare bedroom, I have had a feeling that she was murdered elsewhere within the house. The master bedroom and master bathroom had so much that were never tested because LE only treated the spare bedroom as the crime scene. all my opinions.

Hi Brit. To the best of my recollection, the lead detective testified that the ‘red stain’ was on the shower floor, it wasn’t tested. There was a ‘handful’ of hair stuck to the wall, it wasn’t tested or collected either. A hairbrush was positioned on a ‘holder’ between the water taps within the shower.

Cyril Wecht testified that the mark on the ( RZs ) left shoulder was of a vertical configuration and was possibly a ‘rope burn’ - it was discussed at trial as an injury at length, so I don’t think it can be interpreted as paint ( although I can see why you would think that from the photo)

If you look further down RZs back, there appears to be further ‘prick’ injuries lower down the back, that run in line with the first ‘scratch mark’ at the upper point of the mark. Personally I don’t believe it’s a fingernail scratch, possibly a scrape against a solid immovable object of some description?

Just my opinion....

Lezah do you know if there are any other autopsy photos available for viewing? Is there a link, if they are not appropriate to share on the thread?

cache.php
attachment.php

I agree with you, I also believe a significant amount of time passed with AS and RZ in this bedroom. However, I believe RZ was initially somehow incapacitated, rendered unconcious and sexually assaulted in this room. Maybe she was hit, maybe she was suffocated with the bag. I tend to agree, it was likely the bag, (due to the probability of auto erotic asphyxiation videos being in the perpetrators video library, from what we have heard)

I also agree the painting was likely done whilst RZ was unconscious in the upper room, which is why there is no evidence of injury ocurring during the sexual assault. There was no struggle.

The paint on the body is likely transfer from the gloves that were worn IMO. Acrylic paint dries relatively quickly, so it would have to have been transferred within a relatively short space of time, while she was still in the room.

I believe that RZ likely regained consciousness, so she was then forced to the guest house. She may have cried out up in the bedroom which was the catalyst of why she was taken somewhere more secure, or she may have called out whilst being forced outside walking across the courtyard.

I believe the T-shirt gag indicates a lack of full planning, so using available items from the room at that time - perhaps she was bound initially with the tape in the bedroom on her legs, perhaps a T-shirt was used to bind her hands?

I imagine that it was the huge knife found with RZs prints that was used to threaten her and coerce her into doing what she was told.

IMO the rope binding and hanging took place in the guest house storage room, she was hog tied and left for a time, maybe this was when the music that was heard was put on?

This was when she was alone, she managed access to the knife to try and cut herself free, she was sitting on her feet ( soles up) and this accounts for the blood found under her big toes. No doubt the perpetrator thought being hog tied meant that she couldn&#8217;t escape, he was sloppy and left the knife. RZ was industrious, agile, and fought for her life to free herself. This is truly the hardest part to consider.

So, in summary I believe there was activity in the bedroom, but RZ was mainly incapacitated, and she was then transferred to the guest house. Eventually her dead body was carried from the guesthouse and lain on the grass, while the rope and bed were staged, and the wipe down completed.

Edited to add.

Hearing about the sort of individual RZ was, no doubt she was frightened, terrified in fact, but I can imagine she would be the type of person who would try to reason with the perpetrator, she would attempt to convince them to stop by persuasion. I believe she probably tried hard to reason with her attacker....

Just my opinion....

Lezah do you know if there are any other autopsy photos available for viewing? Is there a link, if they are not appropriate to share on the thread?

The photos were included as exhibits when I purchased a defense ROA ( register of actions file) from the court, it was the one objecting to Dr Wecht&#8217;s evidence and attempting to prevent his testimony. In the ROA were several autopsy photos, they were really distressing to be honest. I wouldn&#8217;t feel comfortable posting them publicly.

I have deferred to Cynic on the photos, for his prior experience on what is and isn&#8217;t appropriate on the threads and WS site, as he also has access to the same ROA and photos, as he posted the back of neck image.

I hope you understand, I don&#8217;t want to upset or offend anyone.

Just my opinion....

I agree, also this warning given to the Bremmner shows that Sheriff Gore was clearly trying to control the narrative of how this case was protrayed in the media. I don't think that I have ever heard of LE giving a warning to a victims family like this before. Maybe if it was an open investigation into homicide, I can see LE asking the family to limit what they reveal to media, but in a closed case suicide? In my opinion this shows that Gore might not have been too confident in their own investigation and suicide conclusion.

From the beginning, it felt to me as though those who wanted to close the case as a suicide tried to intimidate and marginalize everyone who thought Rebecca was killed and wanted the case reopened. The bullying of Bremner by Gore, the online bullying by members of "team Shacknai," the activity of the reputation management firm, etc. have been a central feature of this case since Rebecca's body lay on the grass exposed to the elements and for 12+ hours. I've never seen anything like it, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant