CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he's read Michelle McNamara's book "I'll be gone in the dark"?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wanna know where this guy was before 1976.

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/s...olden-state-killer-may-behind-bars/550310002/

“DeAngelo is a native New Yorker but attended high school in Folsom before joining the Navy, according to the Foothills Sun-Gazette, which pulled the 1973 Sun article. The suspected killer served nearly two years in Vietnam before leaving the service and joining the Exeter Police Department, the newspaper reported. “

Holy moly...

"In 1976, while working in Exeter, DeAngelo was promoted to sergeant and put in charge of an anti-burglary team with another sergeant from a nearby department, according to a newspaper article from the time. DeAngelo “will investigate burglaries and attempt to prevent them by informing the public about burglary prevention methods,” according to the article. The team was called “Joint Attack on Burglary.”

OMG this is beyond surreal.

And he taunted cops.

He probably used his job to access more of his victims’ personal information, too, imo.

His LE position probably allowed him to somewhat openly stalk in these middle-class neighborhoods — pretty much as often as he liked, day or night.

Anyone who noticed a cop driving around would likely feel SAFER seeing him nearby. If they really noticed him at all.

I might have permanent goosebumps. This is terrifying.

Marc Klaas gave me a great 15 minute interview. I will post it late tonight.

This news is just wild.

Tricia

The press conference can be seen on youtube now.
I never thought I would see this day.

Burgarel said DeAngelo was injured while serving in the military and lost a finger. He had one younger brother. His mother worked as a waitress at a Denny’s in Auburn.

He lost a finger! Other than fingerprints, that's certainly a reason to wear gloves! Can you imagine if they'd had THAT identifier .. "Four fingers on a hand".

Mom worked at a Denny's.... Ugh that gave me chills. He called one of the victims many years later who worked at a Denny's, iirc. I'm sure its not the same one, but so many creepy factors.

http://amp.sacbee.com/news/local/article209792989.html

Double yes about the finger... and the Denny's factor. I immediately thought about that when he called his victim there years later.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess one of his children helped with DNA comparison, like the daughter of BTK

Going off topic slightly, but I read an article about BTK’s daughter recently and she actually didn’t submit the DNA willingly. She actually didn’t know what they wanted it for until later. I’ll try to find a link because it was an excellent article and actually probably important to share right now to help understand what DeAngelo’s children will be going through.

Read they are or have filed charges in the Maggiore's murders. Everything I've read to this point said that GSK's connection to that case was speculative, with only the shoe laces and location pointing to his possible involvement.

Leads me to believe he's talking.

Profiling was in it's infancy in the LATE 70s.

This is no doubt true, and it's hard to not judge the past through the lens of the present. We take for granted the Internet and DNA etc, with such easy access to information and research. It wasn't like that back then. But none of them twigged? I do find that a little surprising that none of them ever put two and two together, that the cop arrested for shoplifting a hammer and dog repellent could be the same guy that was breaking into homes, stinking something awful and not being attacked by dogs! Seems like common sense, not cutting edge investigation technique.

Hindsight 20/20 etc but that he was never on LE radar before now is really pretty surprising just IMO.

There's a picture floating around from that meeting. Take a good look .......

Looking at the picture from the town hall meeting and comparing the wedding announcement pic.KillersWife.jpg

Read they are or have filed charges in the Maggiore's murders. Everything I've read to this point said that GSK's connection to that case was speculative, with only the shoe laces and location pointing to his possible involvement.

Leads me to believe he's talking.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, the speculative part and how they are charging him for the double murders. If he isn't talking, that means they could have withheld evidence all these years since–to help protect the case. I wonder if the ballistics of the of bullets used in their murder proved he used his police gun to kill them?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, the speculative part and how they are charging him for the double murders. If he isn't talking, that means they could have withheld evidence all these years since–to help protect the case. I wonder if the ballistics of the of bullets used in their murder proved he used his police gun to kill them?

They said at the press conference that DNA evidence linked him to the Maggiore murders. It surprised all of us watching at the time because nobody knew there was DNA collected from that murder.

Looking at the picture from the town hall meeting and comparing the wedding announcement pic.View attachment 133448

The thing about the EAR/ONS meetings back then is that there were several that took place in a day over the course of a few days. He could have been at any one of them or just one. I don't think he could have been there for all of them.

There was a sense of... something. Maybe sadness, maybe disappointment when the DA for a moment breathed hesitantly and then said “no”. That felt big to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An opinion I share. And as someone who has worked in the public sector, I can tell you nothing will light a fire under a DA/Sheriff/Chief of Police like publicity about a case. That's how "unlimited resources" get unlocked.

$50,000 for info leading to the arrest was pretty decent incentive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Discarded DNA" to me, means something he tossed away, like a coke can, cigarette butt, uneaten food...
That makes sense. His crime scenes had beer cans, left behind. If remember correctly.

This is no doubt true, and it's hard to not judge the past through the lens of the present. We take for granted the Internet and DNA etc, with such easy access to information and research. It wasn't like that back then. But none of them twigged? I do find that a little surprising that none of them ever put two and two together, that the cop arrested for shoplifting a hammer and dog repellent could be the same guy that was breaking into homes, stinking something awful and not being attacked by dogs! Seems like common sense, not cutting edge investigation technique.

Hindsight 20/20 etc but that he was never on LE radar before now is really pretty surprising just IMO.

But in the 70's, during the burglaries, were there people speculating the profile was a cop and ex-military type? I thought that profile came out later, during the rapes and murders.

I wouldn't think that the burglary unit was thinking of the suspect in that way, in the late 70's. I don't think they were looking at a cop for the burglaries at that time. JMO I could be wrong...

They said at the press conference that DNA evidence linked him to the Maggiore murders. It surprised all of us watching at the time because nobody knew there was DNA collected from that murder.

Ah, bullseye!

I wonder if one of the Maggiores fought him and his blood or skin was under their nails?

I hope this isn't a repeat--my connection got screwed up--sorry if it is

..a big problem is unrealistic--instead of reality
..I've been on forums--especially military forums--where people think you can move troops in real life just like on a map--when in reality that is ridiculous ...they think like the movies/TV/---Kojak where Crocker tells Kojak with 5 minutes left in the episode, that the killer/burglar stole some dog repellent

let's think realistically:
these murders/rapes lasted [ 10? ] many years--meaning the investigation was ongoing/changing/complex --many involved
plus they did not know all of these murders were connected!!
plus not all of the murders involved dogs
plus there was much more evidence to collect/analyze/file/etc than just dog repellent

..since the murders were not connected until much later, there is a great possibility that DeAngelo's stealing was not even filed in the GSK folder--etc
MOO--I would think it would almost be a miracle for the investigators to be able to connect the stealing to the GSK--considering the problems/complexity of the case I have stated above
it all adds up to a complex/lengthy/etc investigation with many variables
bold for emphasis only

Also, I forget, when seeing these older cases being solved, (and still, in some small towns today), that this was way before connecting databases, internet, and just being able to get data entered in a timely manner, too. Even today, and my hometown is the size of a postage stamp, the LEOs have a lot of different data to input and stacks of paperwork to enter data from, and file. I was so amazed that they made a potential connection to this being the same dude that Australia has been seeking too. I mean, for all they knew, he was just a klepto cop, who hated dogs. There are folks, who, strangely enough, hate dogs. Other folks, however, are afraid of dogs, be it a Rottweiler, or a Teacup Poodle, which is different than hate, but still a reason to want dog spray. There's a lot of cops who have done much worse than shoplift and not been fired. At least they fired him.

But in the 70's, during the burglaries, were there people speculating the profile was a cop and ex-military type? I thought that profile came out later, during the rapes and murders.

I wouldn't think that the burglary unit was thinking of the suspect in that way, in the late 70's. I don't think they were looking at a cop for the burglaries at that time. JMO I could be wrong...

Yes but nobody's saying he should have been caught in the 70s. In between the 70s and six days ago there were profilers telling police that he likely had a military/LE background, so shouldn't someone have looked at fired LE/military in the area before now?

If anyone had looked at either group, surely he would have stood out like a sore thumb given the reason and the time and place he was fired.

One of the odd things that struck me, was.. in Michelle's book, which I read in one night, I couldn't put it down, the last few chapters, she is going over old ground, literally, tracking the path of the killer, up and down northern California with the grizzled old detective originally on the case .... and he, I cant recollect his name , proposes the idea that the killer flew in a light aircraft into some of his crime scenes.. it was a well thought out theory, and had a lot of substance...

Which bought me to Mr Cruel in Melbourne , Australia... I live in Sydney but Melbourne is a long familiar playground of mine, and Mr Cruel's locations were tracked, in the end along the flight path in to Melbourne.. where lots of people connected to airlines and Tullamarine and Essendon airports live, for ease of commuting to work.....

One victim told detectives she heard planes landing, leading police to believe the house was on one of the flight paths to Melbourne Airport.[11] Police checked houses in Keilor East, Niddrie, Airport West, Keilor Park and Essendon North.

It is a long bow to draw, but it is another signal ...... DNA would clinch it.

And I remember that Michelle believed the killer came from a stable family, as his DNA wasnt'' even to be found along familial lines, leading one to conclude that he was the lone criminal among his extended family line generationally and linearly.,....... I wonder if this will turn out to be correct , as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe