WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news....I think we could see a number of these solved soon...hopefully constitutional challenges will move slowly!!

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...r-identifies-him-as-walter-reca/281-552986652

"A book publisher is holding a news conference to announce it knows the true identity of D.B. Cooper, a mysterious man who hijacked a plane over the Pacific Northwest in 1971 and then parachuted out of it with $200,000 in ransom money.

Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Principia Media says Cooper was a former military paratrooper named Walter R. Reca — the latest in a long string of people to be publicly linked to the crime over the years."

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...r-identifies-him-as-walter-reca/281-552986652

"A book publisher is holding a news conference to announce it knows the true identity of D.B. Cooper, a mysterious man who hijacked a plane over the Pacific Northwest in 1971 and then parachuted out of it with $200,000 in ransom money.

Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Principia Media says Cooper was a former military paratrooper named Walter R. Reca — the latest in a long string of people to be publicly linked to the crime over the years."

Thanks Force Ten, trying to find some live coverage, but haven't seen any yet. Given the case history, I'm expecting hollow disappointment, but who knows. If they are going to submit dna to test, then I'll definitely perk up a bit.....

Thanks Force Ten, trying to find some live coverage, but haven't seen any yet. Given the case history, I'm expecting hollow disappointment, but who knows. If they are going to submit dna to test, then I'll definitely perk up a bit.....

There was a news conference. Sounded pretty convincing. Videos in the links below.

https://www.king5.com/video/news/fo...believes-walter-reca-is-db-cooper/281-8131681

https://www.king5.com/video/news/ni...believes-walter-reca-is-db-cooper/281-8131690

The older investigator speaking said that Reca said he landed near Cle Elum WA, which is 100mi + NE from Tena Bar. I'd like to hear an explanation for that.

These days I am very skeptical of any DB Cooper breakthrough that is accompanied by the sale of a new revealing “book”... having listened to some of the news conference on this, I’m not holding my breath just yet - if the latest perp’s DNA matches what they obtained from the tie (or whatever), then I’ll believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't trust authors. They will write anything to sell books. It's just fiction. We need a DNA match before we will know who DB Cooper was.

The older investigator speaking said that Reca said he landed near Cle Elum WA, which is 100mi + NE from Tena Bar. I'd like to hear an explanation for that.

Plus it's 80 miles off the flight path.

I didn't hear anyone mention dna in the presser....I'd think if they were sincere, they'd try to contact the FBI, and mention that, in order to gain some credibility.

Peca/Reca may not be the most farcical candidate but - close.

I’m good with reading the book and seeing what is said. If the case is convincing enough then DNA might be able to be ran-if the FBI is even interested, which I doubt. Even if the facts line up in the book they’ve closed the case, so all those claiming they need DNA evidence likely won’t see it.

If you look at a sectional for Seattle, Cle Elum is indeed far to the east. Even with prevailing winds at 30 - 40 mph out of 225 degrees it is unlikely he could have been blown that far. Even with updrafts that seems far. HOWEVER the records for the flight 305 that we know of start farther south near Toledo WA on Vector 23 - at least from what I have been able to verify. We don't know where the plane was from the time it left Seattle to that intersection on V23. It could have flown east to stay away from populated areas since there was supposedly a bomb on board. There is another easier way to explain it. The major east west railroad out of Seattle passes thru Cle Elum, and it would have been the first place on that line there was an opportunity to call a friend to come get him. The flight path likely crossed over those rail lines on the way to V23 if you look at a sectional, and he would have been in Cle Elum within about an hour on any east bound freight. Hop off at Cle Elum and make a call. Supposedly he had "railroad" flares etc.. Perhaps he planned on using one to slow a train so he could hop aboard.

I saw a video about this Reca guy a few days ago. It sounds like to me, and the fact it ties in with a book sale (surprise, surprise) is probably further evidence of that.

I don't think this case will ever be solved.

I saw a video about this Reca guy a few days ago. It sounds like ******** to me, and the fact it ties in with a book sale (surprise, surprise) is probably further evidence of that.

I don't think this case will ever be solved.

I agree the book is BS. A year ago, I might have also agreed with you that this case will never be solved. But not any more. DNA is making solving any case possible. The only way this case will not get solved with DNA, is if somebody is not doing their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant