GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rebuttal witness was good for me to realize that when the 19 yr old (the friend of TM's oldest son), testified that SM got his tattoo in 2013, he could very well have gotten that date right. And, that the witnesses of AC and TM could have tried to mislead the jurors and the court as to the date of the tattoo.

It boils down to me figuring out what witnesses are being truthful. And, knowing that some of the exhibits/evidence offered and accepted in by the judge, if from Facebook, isn't proof positive that something happened on the date the exhibit/evidence may show.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but looking at the dates/times on TM's posts for the night Heather disappeared, it doesn't look like Tammy has proven she was posting on FB at the "right" times anyway, even if she did change stuff, unless we believe her about DST. I DO think she changed some stuff because some comments from her friends appear before the timestamp on the posts (in at least one instance), but I'm still not seeing how this proves what she thinks it does. I'm also confused at this point what the jury has actually seen of her Facebook.

One thing is CLEAR from this case. Facebook is no alibi.

No, it's the times she changed on the night they took Heather. Not the date.

But if the times can only be changed in 10 min. increments, it's not going to address the post times of the night she was kidnapped, which were at odd number increments (so to speak). DST changing automatically by facebook will cover that. The real issue was the date of the tattoo photo so as to attest to the credibility of the 19 y.o. friend of TM's son, who not only testified about the tattoo, but all the surveillance equipement they had in their home at the time of HE's disappearance and the fact that it was replaced after Dec. 18. IMO

ETA. Unless I'm confused, TM tried to argue that the times were incorrect by an hour because SHE hadn't adjusted her fb back an hour to EST. But facebook automatically adjusts for DST in Nov., and she was posting in Dec., so the times were correct, as the prosecution stated.

Last edited:
The difference in time from Tammy's picture to the State's is one hour exactly. I tested changing the time and date and afterwards a little clock shows up beside my post time and shows when I originally posted the test post. Then I changed the time on my laptop to a different time zone and date , made another post and the post is timed correctly by Facebook . I believe 100% that the State's time stamp on their photo is the correct time. Did Tammy photoshop the little clock out of her picture ? Or did the state not know to look for the little clock ?

Duh! Now I get it! In my mind it was all about the tattoo!
That's what I was thinking too. Its awful to only half be able to pay attention. I've waited so long for this trial, and to see this woman finally punished. It's been so discouraging to see someone like Tammy get away with so much for years!!!

Something is up with her FB posts from the night they took Heather. If I hover over the date on her timeline, I get one date and time, but if I open the post up in a new tab and hover over the date, there is a one hour difference. It is not like that on her newer posts. She is switching time zones or something.

The rebuttal witness was good for me to realize that when the 19 yr old (the friend of TM's oldest son), testified that SM got his tattoo in 2013, he could very well have gotten that date right. And, that the witnesses of AC and TM could have tried to mislead the jurors and the court as to the date of the tattoo.

It boils down to me figuring out what witnesses are being truthful. And, knowing that some of the exhibits/evidence offered and accepted in by the judge, if from Facebook, isn't proof positive that something happened on the date the exhibit/evidence may show.

My question, as a juror would be, why did not the prosecution put that up as evidence on rebuttal and show it? My guess is because they didn't have enough time. But having the last witness who is a better witness for the defense, is a major fail.

As a juror, I would expect the prosecution to have somebody to show that.

Only just got caught up, had to take my kiddos out this afternoon. Wow, that was unbelievable!! She could not keep herself reigned in (not sure how we could expect any different) Everyone was paid to lie , it’s all a conspiracy against poor TM. She showed complete lack of respect and disdain for Ms Livesay and she hasn’t slept with her husband. I don’t think it is at all difficult for the Jury to imagine her actual feelings for Heather, however she tries to sugarcoat it!

I have faith guys, normally I would worry about jinxing stuff by saying that out loud but I feel positive. Don’t forget also TM has let the Jury know her husband is sitting in jail right now for lying in regards to this case. That must give them some food for thought when considering TM’ testimony?

Prayers for the Elvis family, the state as they give closing arguments, the jury as they deliberate and justice for Heather!!

Well if the state's *entire case* hinged on this 1 rebuttal witnesses testimony and specifically "time change of a FB post", I'd say the state's case was in dire trouble already.

Let's not forget there were a couple dozen witnesses already testifying to things that happened, things that TM couldn't possibly change. The jury will be reminded of all of that.

It's easy to get fixated on the thing you just saw and heard, but this is about the totality of the evidence, not one utterance (albeit incorrect) from 1 rebuttal witness.

And the person on the stand clearly stated that you cannot change the time. The person from the state.

So the state clearly discredited the jurors from thinking that?

. SMH
Based on that one thing would you acquit this defendant of the charges in light of all the other evidence you would have heard? Was this the most important evidence of the trial? The one thing that's a "get out of jail free" card?

My question, as a juror would be, why did not the prosecution put that up as evidence on rebuttal and show it? My guess is because they didn't have enough time. But having the last witness who is a better witness for the defense, is a major fail.

As a juror, I would expect the prosecution to have somebody to show that.

Maybe I should go back and rewatch the rebuttal witness. I felt like he exhibited how easy it was for someone (who didn't know how to do it), to easily change the date. TM has never come across to me as someone who is very educated or smart, so showing how easy it was to do, seemed like a good thing.

If a date can be changed, then can't it also to used to explain away any of the 18th's postings)

The difference in time from Tammy's picture to the State's is one hour exactly. I tested changing the time and date and afterwards a little clock shows up beside my post time and shows when I originally posted the test post. Then I changed the time on my laptop to a different time zone and date , made another post and the post is timed correctly by Facebook . I believe 100% that the State's time stamp on their photo is the correct time. Did Tammy photoshop the little clock out of her picture ? Or did the state not know to look for the little clock ?
BBM:
1. I do not get that little clock when I change dates and times on my posts.
2. It may be a relatively new feature that didn't exist at the time, or she doesn't have that feature on her account yet.
3. She probably totally gets the little clock and Photoshopped it out. HA!

JMO.

Brad, did answer the question - yes the dates can be changed and he should have left it at that. His wrong response makes the state look incompetent, IMO.

Mistakes like this are inexcusable. Brad will catch a lot of heat from this stupid answer.

I expect the strongest impact at end to be pro state, yet that was pro-defense imo

Based on that one thing would you acquit this defendant of the charges in light of all the other evidence you would have heard? Was this the most important evidence of the trial? The one thing that's a "get out of jail free" card?
I wouldn't. But I've watched this woman lie and do weird and outrageous things for almost five years. The evidence is compelling, but it only takes one holdout to hang a jury. We know this first hand, we've been through this with Sid's trial. I was hoping for a stronger close, but she was a difficult witness!!

It followed rebuttal on night of her missing therefore associated with that imho.

So, saying by prosecution by their witness she could not have changed an hour for that night.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member