NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Yes, we’ve had a 15 year mortgage too so we could save on interest. But I can’t inagine what the monthly payments would be on a house costing that much. They built it in 2003 I think, after owning the property since 1999, so maybe they saved up or had a windfall. Or business was good, as you say.

Running it through a mortgage calculator with insufficient information, it looks like around $10K/month. That's if they financed the full amount and interest rates were about the same then as now. If they had a sizeable down payment, the mortgage could have been for considerably less than the full amount.

ETA: looking at the square one client list, they should be making lots and lots of money. IT consulting is a lucrative field.

Image%20from%20iOS%20(1).jpg

The Paul Caneiro house in Ocean Township (Tilton Drive) was the scene of a house fire on Tuesday morning. It was not clear if it was related to the fire in Colts Neck.

There was no sign of any major damage to the house in Ocean.

Keith Caneiro (victim) and his brother Paul Caneiro were partners in Square One, an Asbury Park technology consulting firm, and a pest control company that operated out of the same office.

A neighbor, who asked not be named, said Paul Caneiro and his wife, Susan, were at the home early Tuesday shortly after the fire. Paul appeared to be upset and left later in the morning.

"He said it must've been a gas leak, he had tears in his eyes. Susan was devastated. He said, 'I'm in complete shock I can't believe this is happening to me.' They were here until about noon," another neighbor said.

It's unclear where Paul Caneiro went after leaving his house.
4 family members found dead in apparent quadruple homicide at Colts Neck mansion

What we know about family killed on Colts Neck estate
Updated 6:39 PM; Posted 6:09 PM

Keith Caneiro, whom a source says was found dead outside his Colt's Neck mansion on Tuesday, was the owner of a technology firm and a pest control company in Asbury Park, according to public records and social media. He also dabbled in real estate. Records show Caneiro also has an active real estate license. A professional real estate website registered with his name as the web address advertises an affiliation with Keller Williams Realty.

Caneiro, 50, his wife Jennifer Caneiro, 45, and two of their children died in an apparent quadruple homicide at the family's sprawling estate on Willow Brook Road, discovered after a fire swept through the home, a law enforcement source told NJ Advance Media

When Paul Caneiro married his wife Susan in 1991, his brother Keith served as his best man, in a wedding officiated by the mayor of Shrewsbury, according to the couple's wedding announcement in the Staten Island Advance. The pair grew up in Brooklyn before both marrying women from Staten Island and moving to New Jersey.
What we know about family killed on Colts Neck estate

Where's the brother and his wife?
Why did they leave home and not return?
WTF!

It’s probably still being investigated and must smell of smoke. I think I’d stay elsewhere. I wonder when they got word of brother and family’s deaths. If this is all just a coincidence or third-party hit, it’s an awful tragedy for both couples.

We own an auto body business and are also an online distributor of body shop tools. About a year ago we decided to transistion away from a small web management firm we had used since we began in 2010. Once we switched providers we were made aware that the first company had not optimized our sites the correct way, resulting in who knows how much in lost revenue and they had been blatantly overcharging for what little they did + inflating all the registration fees. Mind you we pay upward to 3k a month for hosting and programming. Once we added up the over charges it made me want to go set someone’s house alight. My point is that I can see how in their industry you could really tick someone off fast, seeing as how it’s auch a huge investment and such a pivotal part of many businesses now.

We own an auto body business and are also an online distributor of body shop tools. About a year ago we decided to transistion away from a small web management firm we had used since we began in 2010. Once we switched providers we were made aware that the first company had not optimized our sites the correct way, resulting in who knows how much in lost revenue and they had been blatantly overcharging for what little they did + inflating all the registration fees. Mind you we pay upward to 3k a month for hosting and programming. Once we added up the over charges it made me want to go set someone’s house alight. My point is that I can see how in their industry you could really tick someone off fast, seeing as how it’s auch a huge investment and such a pivotal part of many businesses now.
True. But that rarely escalates to a family massacre. You have a problem with someone, you go after them personally.

True. But that rarely escalates to a family massacre. You have a problem with someone, you go after them personally.

True, but maybe whomever had beef with the bros had exhausted their resources legally and/or financially and had finally lost so much they snapped. It’s kinda lifetime movie-ish but it could happen. When you mess with peoples kids or their livelihood rage is a reality. I’m not saying that’s what happened. It’s very unlikely, even.

True, but maybe whomever had beef with the bros had exhausted their resources legally and/or financially and had finally lost so much they snapped. It’s kinda lifetime movie-ish but it could happen. When you mess with peoples kids or their livelihood rage is a reality. I’m not saying that’s what happened. It’s very unlikely, even.
It’s possible. We certainly don’t know enough to rule much out at this point, even that.

I think we’ll have some clarity on this by tomorrow.

Looking at videos, this house is surrounded by fields with no near neighbors to see or hear anything. But whoever did this was still very bold to do it in broad daylight. I wonder why Jennifer and the kids didn’t escape the fire. Were they also shot or somehow incapacitated first? Was Keith shot inside and somehow made it outside after the fire started, unbeknownst to the killer? Did the killer hope that burning the house down would destroy evidence of murder? This happened to my neighbor. We thought at first he had died in a house fire, but he was murdered first. :(

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense.
One fire at 5am results in no visible damage and no injuries or fatalities.
Another fire at Noon results in a burned out mansion, 3 deaths inside, a gunshot victim outside and no survivors.
The only way these were committed by the same person is if they only wanted one house burned and one family dead.

Looking at videos, this house is surrounded by fields with no near neighbors to see or hear anything. But whoever did this was still very bold to do it in broad daylight. I wonder why Jennifer and the kids didn’t escape the fire. Were they also shot or somehow incapacitated first? Was Keith shot inside and somehow made it outside after the fire started, unbeknownst to the killer? Did the killer hope that burning the house down would destroy evidence of murder? This happened to my neighbor. We thought at first he had died in a house fire, but he was murdered first. :(
Yeah. The fact that this crime was committed in broad daylight, makes it absolutely brazen.

People who do this sort of thing, tend to be driven by one thing. Rage.

I imagine that all of the victims were shot, with the dad somehow managing to flea as the perpetrator set fire to the house.

The purpose of the fire was clearly to destroy evidence.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense.
One fire at 5am results in no visible damage and no injuries or fatalities.
Another fire at Noon results in a burned out mansion, 3 deaths inside, a gunshot victim outside and no survivors.
The only way these were committed by the same person is if they only wanted one house burned and one family dead.
Yeah. The fact that the occupants of both houses were brothers, and fires occurred at both properties, indicates that these events have to be connected in some way.

A third party isn’t likely to attempt to burn a house down, fail, then go on to commit a massacre at another location.

I’d expect shootings at both locations, if this was some sort of targeted event.

This is close to home.

Flunked. Interesting that neither the actual EcoStar nor Square One links will open. Can someone try the archives again, this time for EcoStar? I don’t know how.

ETA: I suppose that family could have shut down both websites immediately, except for the real estate one.

EcoStar

Home

Curious why this isn’t under Crimes in the News?

Also, Is anyone having technical issues? I keep getting the Chrome oh snap error and get kicked out.

From the video at link - approx. :40 on timestamp

Reporter:
“Investigators are telling us two adults and two children have died, but more specifically and more than likely, were killed before the fire was set. But how they died officially remains unanswered since the bodies of the wife and children were found inside and the husband was found outside shot to death according to the prosecutor.”

2 children among 4 found dead after apparent arson fire at mansion

Sounds like arson.

As for the work/school issue, perhaps they were already off for Thanksgiving.

This happened about 2 miles away from a friend of mine. The children's school had a full day of school yesterday but why the kids were not in school, I do not know. The area is secluded so the fact that it happened in broad daylight is not too brazen, I'm thinking whomever did this would probably think it would be normal for them and/or their vehicle to be seen in the area at any given time, i.e., a brother. That is not an accusation. I have no idea what happened here, but I have seen way too many episodes of that Murder, She Wrote to not be suspicious of the brother.

I thought they had 3 children, actually. Am I wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618
Back