Deceased/Not Found MD - Linda, 21, & Lori Peugeot, 2, LaVale, 22 Sept 1969

Yes, I did definately say that wrong. I meant his wife and daughter were killed by Stanley Hoss. It could be taken two ways.

The point is, authorities have been made aware of the possibility (remote possibility) that Sharon is a match for Lori. Dna testing is underway.

I wanted to say at this point, there were at least 5 other little girls that went missing in that time period that have not been tested and are not listed anywhere. I thought this is what you all were supposed to be doing.

If everyone is so interested in the Sharon Marshall case, why is it that no one is trying to find out where Floyd was between 1973-1975 ? Why is no one trying to find little girls that went missing in that time period ?? Why is everyone focusing all of this energy on the case that is being checked. I think law enforcement officials are more than capable of determining whether or not this is a match, and making any connection between Stanley Hoss and Franklin Floyd, and if no one has any faith in LE, then why are we all even bothering. These people have careers doing this, they do it every day, they live it, they solve cases.

There has been an extraordinary match for Linda Peugeot made and no one is even bothering to look. Do not the rest of these cases matter ?? I have seen just downright meanness involved with this whole Sharon Marshall case, and it's sad, because everyone that knew her said what a sweet, kind-hearted person she was, I don't think she would ever want this.

Poppypetals...For once, SOMEBODY, finally gets IT !!!
I, for one applaud you
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, I did definately say that wrong. I meant his wife and daughter were killed by Stanley Hoss. It could be taken two ways.

The point is, authorities have been made aware of the possibility (remote possibility) that Sharon is a match for Lori. Dna testing is underway.

I wanted to say at this point, there were at least 5 other little girls that went missing in that time period that have not been tested and are not listed anywhere. I thought this is what you all were supposed to be doing.

If everyone is so interested in the Sharon Marshall case, why is it that no one is trying to find out where Floyd was between 1973-1975 ? Why is no one trying to find little girls that went missing in that time period ?? Why is everyone focusing all of this energy on the case that is being checked. I think law enforcement officials are more than capable of determining whether or not this is a match, and making any connection between Stanley Hoss and Franklin Floyd, and if no one has any faith in LE, then why are we all even bothering. These people have careers doing this, they do it every day, they live it, they solve cases.

There has been an extraordinary match for Linda Peugeot made and no one is even bothering to look. Do not the rest of these cases matter ?? I have seen just downright meanness involved with this whole Sharon Marshall case, and it's sad, because everyone that knew her said what a sweet, kind-hearted person she was, I don't think she would ever want this.

Why are their expectations has to how much time and what kind of involvment individuals should be or should not be giving to a case? I think anyone who takes the time to help , irregardless iof what that help is should be appreciated. Their should be no judgements as to the quailty or quanity of help expected. Clearly, people have to act in a reasonsable manner and there is no exucse for anyone harrasing the family of a murdered women and missing child. However, I doubt the majority of people who read here are doing that. I am sorry you seem to be so angry. I hate to see anger spewed in this forum or any forum because it becomes a detterant and the negative energy does take away from the good work we all try to do here.

mjak

Poppypetals, I can understand where you are coming from. It would be hard enough without strangers calling and asking for information that you have already had to tell LE multiple times. If you can get a name and/or a phone number for the callers you can take that to a site moderator. If they are members here the mods should be able to help put a stop to it.

Poppypetals, I can understand where you are coming from. It would be hard enough without strangers calling and asking for information that you have already had to tell LE multiple times. If you can get a name and/or a phone number for the callers you can take that to a site moderator. If they are members here the mods should be able to help put a stop to it.

Thanks Mysteriew, I think the family plans to file suit against any further calls. I was going to say, I believe some of these calls are from people who aren't even members here, because there is no way that many people, that are members here, could have participated in this.

I am not angry, I am frustrated. When the father was initially contacted, he felt Lori bore a resemblance to Sharon, and was willing to do anything it took to right a wrong, so to speak. Then, he started getting hit with all of these calls, and completely turned around on the subject.

He is a very "keeps to himself" type of person. A very respectful, kind person. He did not at that point anymore want anything to do with it, I think he felt there was going to be this huge spectacle, with media at his door every minute and such. It almost blew the whole thing. Locating Linda's DNA from the trunk of the car would be next to impossible, and she has hardly any family, her parents are no longer with us, only one half sibling. The father was all there was. These calls almost blew it !! So, yes, I am just a little shocked that so many people would feel it is their place to make calls about something they did not even discover.

Imagine if you made a match to an unidentified on here, mentioned it on here, then called to report the tip, and found out 100 people already reported it, and LE were quite angry about all of the calls. It was sort of like that, except for it wasn't just a match with an unknown person. This is a very precious family, a family I really care about.

I am sorry if it seemed that I was unaware of how long it took for DNA tests to come back. I did not mean to upset anyone. As the first post that said they were going to do the DNA tests was posted on 12-17-06 and I asked on 2-28-07 I was asking more for an update like did they find a family member that would be a great match, like a female from Lindas family. Then I did not ask again until 5-3-07 a little over two months later. I figured they were trying to find the best match. I have never called the family or LE. I am sorry if anything I did or said on here has upset the grieving family of these two beautiful people. I do realize how long it takes for things like that to be done as we waited for months for results on the autopsy done on my cousin (and there was no DNA test to wait on). Please again forgive me if I have upset the family.

... When the father was initially contacted, he felt Lori bore a resemblance to Sharon, and was willing to do anything it took to right a wrong, so to speak. Then, he started getting hit with all of these calls, and completely turned around on the subject.

He is a very "keeps to himself" type of person. A very respectful, kind person. He did not at that point anymore want anything to do with it, I think he felt there was going to be this huge spectacle, with media at his door every minute and such. It almost blew the whole thing.....

Poppypetals, do you know this family personally? Are you a relative? I was wondering where you got the above referenced information. Did the Father tell you this, or did you read it somewhere? Just curious. Poor guy, if I was getting 100's of calls, I would probably just get an unlisted phone number.

Yes, I am a friend of the family.

There is definately no way Linda Peugeot survived this, the mass of blood that was found in the car and in the trunk of the car directly correlated with Hoss confession that he shot her in the car and then placed her in the trunk. There is no way anyone could lose that much blood and survive.

Why would Linda, who had a wonderful life, suddenly choose to abandon her child, husband, family and go off somewhere unknown ? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Hoss confessed that he shot Linda in the car and then placed her in the trunk. When the car was recovered at the time of Hoss' arrest, the blood was tested and proven to be the blood type of Linda. There is no doubt it was her blood. He said he buried her in a dump. I do not believe he buried her in a dump.

He was then sited across the United States, signing in to motels, accompanied by a small blonde haired girl about 2-years-old. He signed in to these motels using his name and the name of his brother-in-law. There is no doubt about these sightings or that the little girl was with him. He had Lori for the next five or six days, at which time, he confessed he killed her as well and put her body at a different dump.

Remember this was 1969, there was no DNA testing. While the evidence from the trunk was most likely kept for a while, it is now 2007, and unlikely that it still exists.

Linda's husband was stationed down south in the United States during her kidnapping. He was notified, came home immediately, and made statements to the media begging for the release of his wife and daughter. They were a very happy close-knit family and there is no possibility that the scenario you suggest is what the reality was.

Absolutely no possibility.

Descriptions

Linda Mae Peugot
21 years old
five feet tall
96 pounds
blonde hair/blue eyes
last seen wearing light blue sweater with bellbotton slacks with shoulder straps and a black and white checked blouse.

Lori Mae Peugot
2 years old
30 inches tall
weighs 21 pounds
blonde hair/blue eyes
hair cut in bangs.

Linda was also described in this way

White Female, Age 21
D.O.B 3/28/1948

height/ 5'1"

Weight/ 90 lbs.

Hair Colored blonde, natural hair color light brown, hazel eyes

Wearing dark blue or black bell-bottom slacks, a light blue or white long sleeve sweater with buttons.

Panty hose, a size 32 cup A bra and probably padded.

Pierced earings, a wide white gold wedding band, and probably a charm bracelet, description unknown

Even if the evidence from the trunk of the car was found, it would still take 4-6 months for it to be processed. It is this amount of time now that we are looking at, hopefully it will be sooner. You must understand also, the family, who all those years ago, lost these two precious individuals, were faced with having to move on with their lives with no resolution. It is very difficult, in this year 2007, to have this all dredged up again. They are now facing the possibility of Linda and Lori finally being found. I imagine on one hand, this will bring closure, but on the other hand, and more predominantly, this is a horrible thing to go through.

I don't think anyone here is obligated to do anything. That includes calling family members, which I would think inappropriate. Isn't there something on the boards here that people AREN'T supposed to do that? Common sense tells me that most people have decency not to do that. And how are HUNDREDS of people getting this person's contact information?

Because his name was posted on here, and his number is listed.

I don't think there is any rule about contacting people, I think you just have to use good judgement. I also think you should only call about the possible leads you personally are responsible for finding. This really would be helpful for everyone in the future to keep in mind. What is a really bad thing, is I suspect there are people that are not even members here, reporting on tips that are being made on this whole forum, possibly even media are reading and phoning. There is no way to stop any of this, except for to not post anything on here in the first place.

Because his name was posted on here, and his number is listed.

It could be people from here bothering him, but I just did a simple search using the last name only with the state posted on the missing file...Very easy to find him without a first name. Anyone on any board could easily contact him wether his name was posted here or not. To assume it was only people from WS is pretty out there.

I do feel for the family, what a terrible tragedy, but if Mr. Peugeot wants to put this behind him, he might concider a private telephone number. That should help with all the annoying phone calls at least.

There has never been an episode of Unsolved Mysteries about the Peugeot case. Are you even paying attention to what you are saying, I am finished with this moronic discussion.

In my perspective, WS'ers are generally aware that they are not to contact victim's families unless invited directly to do so.

To someone to come into the forum/thread and accuse us without any proof of such insensitivity, isn't the way to go. What should have been done was to post a respectful post about how the family would like privacy and any "leads" be directed to LE.

I'm sure, in all of Cyberland, WS isn't the only place this is being discussed. Any individual who fancies him/herself an "amateur sleuth" could have taken it upon him/herself ,without benifit of guidence, and tried to get info from the family...

WS has taught all of us a lot... up to and including respecting victim's families and their right to privacy. I doubt very much that anyone from here would harass this family.

There has never been an episode of Unsolved Mysteries about the Peugeot case. Are you even paying attention to what you are saying, I am finished with this moronic discussion.

I'm sorry, please excuse me, I was terribly wrong. I apologize for confusing the Peugots with Nayleen Kay Marshall. (I've been following her tragic case as well) I will go back and correct my post. Please give my condolences to Mr. Peugeot. I'm sure your calls to the family are not considered bothersome.

wow. then you should leave and stop posting on the board if it's upsetting you. i can't believe you're talking to people who probably just really want to help your cause in this manner. call people - strangers that is - "morons" is NOT the way to get what you want done! a nicely worded message - that is not threatening - would have gotten any point across.
it seems that most people here have the sense - and are not morons - not to contact family members. I am going to to defend websleuths members here and say that I don't think that any member of this community would harrass a family. we do have a lot of people who are not members that do look on the boards though. so, that's a real possibility as you said above. heck, i lurked for at least a year before i got signed up (and even then i had registration - username issues and didn't post for a long time!)
This seems to be a little known, very cold case. I just ran across it due to the Sharon Marshall discussion, and that was pretty recently. Of course, I don't know anyone in this case (and I haven't contacted anyone about anything - this case or otherwise!) but I personally feel doubtful that this case is receiving enough attention at this point to warrant "hundreds" of phone calls.
I'm sorry that this been this way and that there has been a LOT of grief for your family in this. Maybe some resolution will occur soon. I hope so for all of your family and friends who are directly involved in this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back