Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that paper widely distributed at the time? In all fairness, she or the perp could have picked it up anywhere, like a bus terminal, train station, or something.
LeGrand supposedly had a farm in White Sulphur Springs, NY, which is not that far from White Haven, PA, (roughly about two hours by car) and they were known to dispose of bodies far from NYC. Considering that LE was on their trail about the same time as Beth Doe was found, it seems plausible that they would rather dispose of her as far away as they could. This was 1976, as well, so you have the element of LE in two states, probably not having a clue about eachother's respective discoveries...

Again, I am nodding in @madamx's direction, but it seems like she hasn't been logged in for a while.

What I have noticed in my travels in rural areas...they subscribe to large city newspapers because there are no local newspapers. Where I am today - one "local" newspaper - national newspaper (USA Today) that set up a local edition

I believe her killer thought she was recognizable, that's why she was dismembered. Unless, it was to make her more transportable. Maybe new York newspaper was to appear to be local. Suitcases would make a traffic stop look like a person traveling.

What I have noticed in my travels in rural areas...they subscribe to large city newspapers because there are no local newspapers. Where I am today - one "local" newspaper - national newspaper (USA Today) that set up a local edition
The local convenience store in White Haven, PA and other rural areas offer big city newspapers: The New York Times, Washington Post,etc. Because peeps from big cities have vacation homes there

I believe her killer thought she was recognizable, that's why she was dismembered. Unless, it was to make her more transportable. Maybe new York newspaper was to appear to be local. Suitcases would make a traffic stop look like a person traveling.
Recognizable by whom? Whoever dumped these suitcases from the I-80 bridge did not know that there is a sub road under this bridge that they could have used

Also, the Lehigh Valley Gorge does release dates for white water rafting along the river - this would produce a huge current. They had no knowledge of this. Also, the area under the I-80 bridge is a teen hang-out and that is why Beth Doe was discovered so quickly. Any local would have known these things.

Also, the Lehigh Valley Gorge does release dates for white water rafting along the river - this would produce a huge current. They had no knowledge of this. Also, the area under the I-80 bridge is a teen hang-out and that is why Beth Doe was discovered so quickly. Any local would have known these things.
I have been there and I know the area

What happened with when they redid her DNA? Did they do the baby's DNA?

Hey guys! While searching for some updates on Beth Doe's case, i came across this discussion on Reddit:
possible updates on beth doe : UnresolvedMysteries
There's a user that claims that the UID bears a promising resemblance to a foster sister that she had, the user claims that she last heard from her foster sister, via phone call, asking for money back on June 1976 after she had ran away in 1973, this possible match to Beth Doe was pregnant and apparently scared, what do you guys think? It's reported that her mother was Puerto Rican and that the foster sister's name was Madeline or Madelyn Cruz (a quick search on a missing person report turns up nothing)

Hey guys! While searching for some updates on Beth Doe's case, i came across this discussion on Reddit:
possible updates on beth doe : UnresolvedMysteries
There's a user that claims that the UID bears a promising resemblance to a foster sister that she had, the user claims that she last heard from her foster sister, via phone call, asking for money back on June 1976 after she had ran away in 1973, this possible match to Beth Doe was pregnant and apparently scared, what do you guys think? It's reported that her mother was Puerto Rican and that the foster sister's name was Madeline or Madelyn Cruz (a quick search on a missing person report turns up nothing)
@Justice4bethdoe brought this to our attention a few pages back, so we're still waiting for updates on this.

(Also FYI: Be careful about posting Reddit links and content on WS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member