Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is straight up disgusting. These people (replace the word "people" with a profanity I'm not allowed to say here) are already hounding this guy who is grieving and suffering from long standing mental illness. AND on top of that, they're also trying to convince him that it's his fault his son turned into a killer...because he bought him an airsoft rifle?! Are they TRYING to drive him to suicide at this point or what? I bet they would actually enjoy that if it happened, because it would give them more sensationalist news fodder.

Anyway, bedtime for me, goodnight all.

Goodnight! Yes agree, the media are nasty. I have a hard time even believing MSM these days. It seems every publication has an agenda, has to spin the truth and has a political belief they want to push - nothing is unbiased anymore. Now with Twitter, it's crazy what they'll publish before fact checking just to get "the scoop". It's gross really. Nothing is sacred (just like on Websleuths lol)

Here’s Bryer with his Airsoft rifle that AS bought him for his 17th birthday. The article says, “The $600 weapon …”. I'm guessing that’s AUD because I haven’t seen any worth that amount here.

View attachment 197942

Dad of Lucas Fowler's alleged killer gave son rifle 'for play'

He was angry with the system, his wife and HIV contaminated blood, so he raised his son to shoot and practice shooting in virtual environments? No wonder court orders prevented unsupervised contact with his son.

So I'm just thinking out loud here and am welcome to thoughts about this.

I have always been uncomfortable thinking that Kam and Bryer left Port Alberni with the thought to kill. It just doesn't feel right.

What if.... they came across Lucas Fowler's van at the side of a straight stretch in the highway and decided to pull up behind it and check it out. If they thought it was abandoned for the night, maybe they decided to have some fun shooting it up.

Lucas and Chynna become aware of someone pulling up close (either headlights or engine noise) and sit up in bed. One of KM or BS take a shot at the back of the van and realize there are people in the van. LF jumps out of the van (with no shoes) to confront them and KM or BS shoot him in panic.

This is just my thought and I'm NOT in any way excusing them for what they did but I just have a hard time (from what I've read about KM and BS) thinking what they've done was planned.

Maybe they layed low and camped for a few days after the shooting until they came to grips with what they've done.

Eventually they calm down and decide to head home. Then they drive past signs on the highway, asking for dashcam video during those days. They assume they will be caught and both feel hopeless, too embarrassed to return home and too scared to spend years in jail.

And then the rest of the story happens...

Well, I'll stop there. It's just so hard to wrap my head around this.

Please know that I believe KM and BS are guilty. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why they would do this.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice this pop up on the airsoft link.

Hello!

We noticed your IP address is from Canada. If you're importing to Canada please keep in mind that airsofts gun shipping to Canada must shoot between 366 and 500 FPS with 0.20g BBs.

Unfortunately, airsoft guns that do not meet those specifications are not allowed in Canada.

Good find! I don't understand the lingo but sounds like they can't import 'high powered' airsoft guns?

There's nothing to risk when committing suicide. They left personal items on the shore 1 km from their bodies.

It's almost like they left a bread crumb trail leading to their bodies. If they hadn't burned the truck, no one would have connected them to the murders, if they hadn't burned the car, no one would have looked in Sundance, if they hadn't left something on the shore, no one would have looked on the river.
Yes I agree, they left a calling card each step of the way and it wasn't surprising they left personal items some distance from where they met their end of life.

Need. Sleep. Soon. Thread will be at 300 pages tomorrow... lol

Just curious, why is everyone mentioning the amount of pages in the thread. I get it's more pages than most but what difference does it make?

Does it take longer to load for some people?

I'm thinking they split the thread when the topic lulls. That way new people coming in don't miss back pages for an ongoing topic.

If they split it now - with all the topics covered recently - new people wouldn't be able to look back on pages for background.

Last edited:
Teens and adults commonly play war games with paintball guns. Since they are messy it’s becoming a more and more popular sport with airsoft, which shoots tiny plastic BBs. It fairly common in small towns that offer the great outdoors to play in. I’m a little unsure why it’s being portrayed with such a negative connotation.

As I’m sure you know AS didn’t raise his son at all and has only been back in his life the past couple years on a limited basis. It was a present that his son asked for when he was 17.
I am feeling the same as @scrappinkat said above. Perhaps the question that should be asked is why did the mom fight to keep him away from their son for 8 years, only to turn around and essential abandon the boy? Was finding a new man more important than raising her son if she was so adamant about keeping the dad away from him?

So I'm just thinking out loud here and am welcome to thoughts about this.

I have always been uncomfortable thinking that Kam and Bryer left Port Alberni with the thought to kill. It just doesn't feel right.

What if.... they came across Lucas Fowler's van at the side of a straight stretch in the highway and decided to pull up behind it and check it out. If they thought it was abandoned for the night, maybe they decided to have some fun shooting it up.

Lucas and Chynna become aware of someone pulling up close (either headlights or engine noise) and sit up in bed. One of KM or BS take a shot at the back of the van and realize there are people in the van. LF jumps out of the van (with no shoes) to confront them and KM or BS shoot him in panic.

This is just my thought and I'm NOT in any way excusing them for what they did but I just have a hard time (from what I've read about KM and BS) thinking what they've done was planned.

Maybe they layed low and camped for a few days after the shooting until they came to grips with what they've done.

Eventually they calm down and decide to head home. Then they drive past signs on the Alaska Highway, asking for dashcam video during those days. They assume they will be caught and both feel hopeless, too embarrassed to return home and too scared to spend years in jail.

And then the rest of the story happens...

Well, I'll stop there. It's just so hard to wrap my head around this.

Please know that I believe KM and BS are guilty. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why they would do this.
I don't think they were ever near that van. LE doesn't know who was near that van.

It seems a lot of thoughts on suicide and with a gun. I hate to be thinking about how someone may have killed themselves, but I am thinking that there has been nothing to indicate they had a gun apart from conjecture and suspicion at the moment, but they may have had a knife (Briers) and probably the means for hanging. It doesn't take much to hang yourself. The only thing I wonder is were there any adequate trees for hanging, as so much of what I have seen in reports appears to be low scrub and undergrowth, interspersed with a few larger trees?

He was angry with the system, his wife and HIV contaminated blood, so he raised his son to shoot and practice shooting in virtual environments? No wonder court orders prevented unsupervised contact with his son.
I don't know if it is appropriate to be demonising a grieving father with mental health issues on here? He didn't "raise his son to shoot and practice shooting in a virtual environment"! His son played games tens of millions of others do, and he purchased him an airsoft gun so he could join in a game with friends, which again, is something many many people do.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Of course, no one including LE knows who was near the van otherwise an arrest would have been made.

What makes you think they were never near that van?
What makes people think they were ever near the van until there is some type of proof or connection provided? Someone posted that they read that CM and BS were seen at the pink mountain camp ground at the same time as LE and CD were there, but so far not even a link has been offered to that?

I wonder why they had the sleeping bag hanging on a fence ... unless it was wet and they thought they would dry it while stuck ... just more strangness from these two

Maybe it's one they managed to save if they had been in the boat. If so, it would have been soaking wet. Was it the same as the one caught up in the willows by the river?

It would be interesting to know if LF and CD had sleeping bags in the van and if so, did they look like either of the ones seen or found.

I wonder if LD's family recognise either of the two bags.

I hope that's another thing RCMP are looking into.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Of course, no one including LE knows who was near the van otherwise an arrest would have been made.

What makes you think they were never near that van?
If they were then LE would have said. They only said 2nd degree murder charges in the Profs death, and suspects in the others. That means nothing to me, and prob not a lot to others following this case. It's my right to know what happened to these people. It's my right to know when I go on road trips, or my 22 yo daughter does that we aren't going to be a f'ing road kill.

BCRCMP have stated adamantly there is significant evidence which has tied them to the Fowler/Deese murders
They have also recently stated that they have not ruled out a third party being involved/ responsible. They had enough evidence to charge them with Mr. D's murder and said they were suspects in the other murders all along.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, they left a calling card each step of the way and it wasn't surprising they left personal items some distance from where they met their end of life.
They definitely left cards didn't they. Burning vehicles, being sighted on cameras when they got coffee or a measly $20 for fuel right before they burned the RAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX