GUILTY MO - Angie Housman, 9, kidnapped, held then murdered, St Louis, 18 Nov 1993

Grand jury indicts Angie Housman's alleged killer on counts of murder and sex abuse

Earl W. Cox, 62, was charged in June in the girl's death with murder, kidnapping and sodomy. On Friday, a St. Charles County grand jury issued an indictment that omitted the kidnapping charge originally filed by prosecutors.

BBM
They still have a good case and strong charges against Cox, so he's probably going to be found guilty of the others. Still wonder why they omitted the kidnapping charge? Could be they didn't have enough evidence for that. Apparently there were no witnesses, the vehicle he used is probably long gone.

He has been charged with first degree murder and first degree sex abuse in Angie's case.

Here's the link to check on his docket, etc

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

The other sex abuse charges filed against him from earlier this year were the result of linking him to some other sexual abuse of minors he committed against other girls, IIRC sometime in the early 1990's.

Earl Cox indicted by St. Charles grand jury in 1993 Angie Housman murder case

He was indicted by a grand jury in St. Louis County on four additional counts of sodomy involving a victim younger than 14 years old. The crimes reportedly happened between 1987 and 1991.

In June, he also was charged with two new counts of sodomy in connection with a case that dates back to 1987.

Last edited:
“Angie's step-father has been questioned because his DNA was found over the front of her body. ”
What??? MOO

This was reported in the news media when Cox was arrested this summer. The step-father made some mention in the news media of LE treating him like a suspect at that time. Nothing more has been reported.

Grand jury indicts Angie Housman's alleged killer on counts of murder and sex abuse

BBM
They still have a good case and strong charges against Cox, so he's probably going to be found guilty of the others. Still wonder why they omitted the kidnapping charge? Could be they didn't have enough evidence for that. Apparently there were no witnesses, the vehicle he used is probably long gone.

He has been charged with first degree murder and first degree sex abuse in Angie's case.

Here's the link to check on his docket, etc

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

The other sex abuse charges filed against him from earlier this year were the result of linking him to some other sexual abuse of minors he committed against other girls, IIRC sometime in the early 1990's.

Earl Cox indicted by St. Charles grand jury in 1993 Angie Housman murder case
It's interesting that he has a long criminal history of victims but no violent attacks or murders. It's my belief that he was only one of the perpetrators. She was brutalized for 9 days and LE believes there are others. They have their suspicions but as always, it's not what they know but what they can prove. Cox pled not guilty yesterday. Hopefully others will be brought to justice. There are people that have knowledge but are protecting family.

Any updates? I’m interested in the kid “David” and what his knowledge of now known suspects is, who supposedly had a dream about her after the abduction that ended up being very accurate.

View attachment 224090

:eek:

Wow!

Yes, welcome to Websleuths Mark Twain 85!

There's another famous cold case in which a child who was near the murder scene described some activity that he saw in a "dream" - the Keddie Cabin Murders. IIRC, there are other similar cases. It's probably the way someone of that age processes being witness to a horrible crime. This young man obviously witnessed something, probably overheard something that older men were doing and followed them part of the way to Angie's death scene. The boy's mother being hospitalized for severe depression also seems relevant. She may have seen something, too. If the step-father was involved, she was probably terrified of him and wanted to protect her son, too. Maybe a chronic abuse situation.

The article mentions that LE had been out to the home a few other times in relation to the murder investigation. There has to be a connection and I do hope LE pursues it. This article from November implies LE is looking at other accomplices. Shouldn't be difficult to back track to that step dad living in that trailer and any friends he might have had.

Did accused killer of Angie Housman have help?

"In reviewing the case this week, the evidence also points to at least one other person that could have been involved," Lohmar said.

Something they came across (in their case files?) that first week last November caught their attention. I wonder if they searched the mobile home? Took some evidence? It would be great if they could talk to the boy (now a grown man) again.

Any updates? I’m interested in the kid “David” and what his knowledge of now known suspects is, who supposedly had a dream about her after the abduction that ended up being very accurate.

View attachment 224090

:eek:

Wow!

Yes, welcome to Websleuths Mark Twain 85!

There's another famous cold case in which a child who was near the murder scene described some activity that he saw in a "dream" - the Keddie Cabin Murders. IIRC, there are other similar cases. It's probably the way someone of that age processes being witness to a horrible crime. This young man obviously witnessed something, probably overheard something that older men were doing and followed them part of the way to Angie's death scene. The boy's mother being hospitalized for severe depression also seems relevant. She may have seen something, too. If the step-father was involved, she was probably terrified of him and wanted to protect her son, too. Maybe a chronic abuse situation.

The article mentions that LE had been out to the home a few other times in relation to the murder investigation. There has to be a connection and I do hope LE pursues it. This article from November implies LE is looking at other accomplices. Shouldn't be difficult to back track to that step dad living in that trailer and any friends he might have had.

Did accused killer of Angie Housman have help?

"In reviewing the case this week, the evidence also points to at least one other person that could have been involved," Lohmar said.

Something they came across (in their case files?) that first week last November caught their attention. I wonder if they searched the mobile home? Took some evidence? It would be great if they could talk to the boy (now a grown man) again.

Prosecutor believes Angie Housman's killer had some help

That article WOW! @Mark Twain 85
Wouldn’t it be something if “David” would come forward now?? I sure hope LE looks him up & can glean more info from him. I definitely feel there is more to it...MOO

Agree, that kid saw something. Quite a lot. It must have given him nightmares, poor kid. JMO, it took a lot of courage for him to tell someone. He probably needed to unburden himself to others.

You're welcome. This case is local to me so I've followed developments. I was so glad when they charged someone for her murder!
Me too. I'm from Illinois side though but was so glad they figured out who done it. Now should tie him to a tree naked and let him freeze to death.

This article says a jury trial in April 2021.
Angie Housman's suspected murderer will face jury trial next year

A trial date has been set for the man accused of murdering 9-year-old Angie Housman in 1993.

Earl Cox, 61, will face a jury trial in April 2021.

St. Charles County Prosecutor Tim Lohmar said Monday he believes the trial will last about three weeks

ETA article with trial date

Last edited:
Me too. I'm from Illinois side though but was so glad they figured out who done it. Now should tie him to a tree naked and let him freeze to death.

This article says a jury trial in April 2021.
Angie Housman's suspected murderer will face jury trial next year

A trial date has been set for the man accused of murdering 9-year-old Angie Housman in 1993.

Earl Cox, 61, will face a jury trial in April 2021.

St. Charles County Prosecutor Tim Lohmar said Monday he believes the trial will last about three weeks

ETA article with trial date
Yeah, same as article I posted link to. I wish it was sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back