GUILTY MO - Angie Housman, 9, kidnapped, held then murdered, St Louis, 18 Nov 1993

At least he is no longer a threat to children. I was surprised he plead guilty. Many of these offenders like the attention. He won't be safe in pc inside I bet MOO
Ok but if people like him don't get the death penalty I don't really understand why we have the capital punishment on the books in most states o_Oo_O
These criminals have too many chances to escape the fate they deserve...

At Last.
Earl W. Cox, 63,

"....pleaded guilty to the killing Thursday and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
"St. Charles County Prosecutor Tim Lohmar told reporters after the sentencing that he regretted that the death penalty was not an option, but said he decided to enter the plea deal to avoid the uncertainty of trial and secure from Cox a confession and some explanation of what happened to Angie."

Also at link, a timeline of case events and his criminal history. I remember her disappearance, from when it happened. Sad.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/27-years-after-death-of-9-year-old-angie-housman-her-killer-is-sentenced-to/article_86fdf36d-f873-5546-ab9b-79e96d660a84.html Aug. 20.

I doubt it. Breaking out of prison is difficult and, I'd imagine, dangerous. This thing is only good for preying on innocent children.
I'm informing you that in the past some people escaped from maximum security facilities.
It happens in the real world not only in Hollywood B movies

I'm informing you that in the past some people escaped from maximum security facilities.
It happens in the real world not only in Hollywood B movies

Yes,it's possible but unlikely. The reason the court agreed to his plea agreement was because he's in poor health, uses a walker. I hope they keep close eye on him.

trishe24

I think it would be helpful to all of us if somebody could get a photo of Bryant Squires, who reportedly made a deathbed confession that he was the driver of the car in both this case and that of Gina Dawn Brooks.

Yes agreed. He claims he was the driver in both cases, but was there ever a source where Squires actually named Cox as an accomplice in Angie's case? Many sources I came across stated he didn't reveal the accomplices name.

Lead surfaces in Housman killing; deathbed confession to nurse could be breakthrough

St. Ann was only a hundred miles from Fredricktown so fairly close as far as trolling goes. Cox had ties to St. Ann so it is clear why he was there. But what was Squires connection to St. Ann?

Where was Squires from and did he have ties to a small town like Fredricktown? Just trying to establish how Squires was connected to all of this and how they ended up in these places.

Last edited:
Earl Cox, in prison for Angie Housman death, sentenced for 2nd, unrelated sexual abuse

Earl Cox sentenced for molesting another victim.

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – The man who admitted to killing and raping Angie Housman was sentenced Friday for molesting a girl in St. Louis County.
Earl Cox was sentenced after pleading guilty to four counts of sodomy with a victim younger than 14-years-old. The crimes occurred in 1988 and 1989. Prosecutors say he received a 10-year sentence. The victim has not been identified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back