Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the attorney has evidence/witness' to the contrary he has yet to advise LE of such.
[snipped by me]

I don't believe he said this. I'd have to watch the clip again but I got the impression that the information was, in fact, passed on. I would not expect LE to discuss it of course though.

jmo

A Long Island company found a macabre way to remember the Gilgo Beach murders — by peddling ornate jewelry named for the victims.

The 10 necklaces from Long Island-based company Jimmytoast are part of what the business calls The Heavy Metal Project, and feature thorns and spikes to evoke the dense thicket where the remains were found, colors matching the nail polish the women wore and symbols emulating tattoos cops used to identify their bodies.

“Some of these things are pretty obtusely designed — they’re pretty obnoxious,” said John Ray, an attorney for the families of two of the victims, Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor.

“Shannan Gilbert’s is a bunch of thorns,” said Ray. ”That’s outrageous.”

Scantily clad models showcased the jewelry on the company’s website, which touted the baubles as “hauntingly beautiful.”

It even had a child model a necklace dedicated to the unidentified toddler whose remains were found in 1997.

A necklace dedicated to Valerie Mack, a 24-year-old who went missing in 2000, featured onyx details similar to a ring that was retrieved from her body and includes stones found on Long Island.

Jewelry designer Jamie Quilisadio came up with the idea for the project and partnered with the true-crime podcast “The First Degree” in May to launch a necklace along with the episodes on each victim.

“We just want to keep their spirits alive,” she insisted. “I definitely never meant for it to seem rude or dark or anything like that.”

A necklace part of the gilgo collection with a thorny heart.

The necklaces were priced between $60-$120 and have since sold out.

The proceeds, $5,346, are scheduled to go to the Sex Workers Outreach Project, according to Quilisadio, who sent receipts of the purchases to The Post.

“I wanted to use my artwork in a way that I could help bring awareness, and use the necklaces as a conversation piece while also protecting sex workers,” she added.

I find this wrong on so many levels. From the concept, to the designs, to the choice of models. This is horrific imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant