NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

From her FBI poster:
"She was reportedly from the Los Angeles County area (possibly Reseda or Sylmar, California) and flew from either Los Angeles or Burbank, California, to Albuquerque."

Poster also has a lower min. age at 18. I don't think she was in her 30s, my guess just going by her photos is 18-25, and leaning towards early-mid 20's. imoo.
I'll have a look at available yearbooks from those areas for the years (imo) she would have attended.
Thanks @AliceInPain, for the additional info (I should have checked things out more) and the search!

The original police report lists her age as 22, fwiw. If you're looking at yearbooks, that would put her as class of 1987 or 88 if she had a late birthday.
Thank you, I understand your take. I didn't go back to the whole thread and I should have done that. :)

I hope she gets identified soon. People think DNA testing started in the 1980s but it actually started in mid 1970s. Marcia Trimble case is a good example, police talk about recovering DNA evidence from her in 1975. So by 1991 they knew what they were doing when it came to collecting.

The site doesn't open for me (constant time out) Do you see a possibility to pinpoint the relevant part?
ViCAP is a unit of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) responsible for the analysis of serial violent and sexual crimes, organizationally situated within the Critical Incident Response Group's (CIRG) National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC). ViCAP maintains the largest free repository for behavioral and investigative information related to solved and unsolved violent crimes.

I think “becca doe” is this woman! I think it was politically motivated and they made her look like a drug addict and staged a suicide. Becca doe didn’t have track marks so she probably wasn’t a user. Somehow she was slipped herion to subdue her then they hung her! Used fake names and alises and planted an old photo with a Hispanic guy. Also this woman, Maria krimbell, is part Hispanic. They look identical!

I think “becca doe” is this woman! I think it was politically motivated and they made her look like a drug addict and staged a suicide. Becca doe didn’t have track marks so she probably wasn’t a user. Somehow she was slipped herion to subdue her then they hung her! Used fake names and alises and planted an old photo with a Hispanic guy. Also this woman, Maria krimbell, is part Hispanic. They look identical!

We can't discuss politics here, but what do you mean with political motivated? This Jane Doe was found on June 5, Maria went missing on June 19. Unless the missing date is off, no this isn't her. Also there is a 50 lbs discrepancy between them, you don't loose 50 lbs overnight and Maria had a gold filled window tooth. Could have been taken off, but the other things speak for themselves.

I think “becca doe” is this woman! I think it was politically motivated and they made her look like a drug addict and staged a suicide.

That is an interesting theory, but why would they go to all of that trouble, and draw all of that unnecessary attention with a body in a motel, instead of just quietly disappearing her? I do see a bit of resemblance, but the circumstances really don't seem to fit, IMO. How terribly sad for Maria's son to have lost her, though.

We can't discuss politics here, but what do you mean with political motivated? This Jane Doe was found on June 5, Maria went missing on June 19. Unless the missing date is off, no this isn't her. Also there is a 50 lbs discrepancy between them, you don't loose 50 lbs overnight and Maria had a gold filled window tooth. Could have been taken off, but the other things speak for themselves.
in Maria's thread it mentions that she'd had a history of conflict with the Belizean government.

I previously suggested looking into yearbooks on Ancestry...but has the idea of her being a runway who's now grown up been thrown around? A young teen who runs away might end up with the wrong crowd but still be taken in by them for any number of reasons, good or bad. I'd like to suggest someone if this were the case...

Patricia Chesner #MP8865
Listed as an "endangered runaway" but not much else to be found in the case. She would be in the right age range to be Becca in 1991, though on the older end of the range. She is from Albuquerque, and ran away at 12 years old. I can see a possible facial resemblance to Becca, specifically in the shape and set of the eyes.

Thoughts?

Bumping this tread. This case has always been one that particularly intrigues me. I really hope they can identify her sometime soon. What I found interesting is that I cannot find any information about the brand of the top she was found wearing. The brand is said to be "Trends". Does anyone know anything about this brand? Like when it was actively selling clothes, where their locations were, etc.? If that brand was a smaller brand at the time, maybe that can help trace where she was possibly from? Also, it seems as if some people have already looked into this, but maybe if someone has access to airplane passenger records from flights around that time, maybe those could help at least narrow down possible names? Maybe the airport records also have other information that could aid in her identification? What do you all think?

Bumping this tread. This case has always been one that particularly intrigues me. I really hope they can identify her sometime soon. What I found interesting is that I cannot find any information about the brand of the top she was found wearing. The brand is said to be "Trends". Does anyone know anything about this brand? Like when it was actively selling clothes, where their locations were, etc.? If that brand was a smaller brand at the time, maybe that can help trace where she was possibly from? Also, it seems as if some people have already looked into this, but maybe if someone has access to airplane passenger records from flights around that time, maybe those could help at least narrow down possible names? Maybe the airport records also have other information that could aid in her identification? What do you all think?
Went down a rabbit hole with the “Trends” brand of clothing but found nothing. My gut feeling, given what was popular around that time, is that her clothes may have came from Clothestime or a similar type of store or maybe even an outlet store of some type.
I am torn between whether they drove there or flew. With Route 66 going through Albequerque, I think of it as more of a stop on a road trip but I get the feeling this couple wasn’t road trippin but was in town with a purpose and was possibly using it as a meet up spot.
JMHO

Went down a rabbit hole with the “Trends” brand of clothing but found nothing. My gut feeling, given what was popular around that time, is that her clothes may have came from Clothestime or a similar type of store or maybe even an outlet store of some type.
I am torn between whether they drove there or flew. With Route 66 going through Albequerque, I think of it as more of a stop on a road trip but I get the feeling this couple wasn’t road trippin but was in town with a purpose and was possibly using it as a meet up spot.
JMHO
I found a couple of tops on eBay in the US with Trends labels from the same period, one of which was tie die, but also didn’t reach any conclusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne
Back