Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article (linked below) has Samantha’s friend taking about the “brunch”….

I am guessing that her husband knew about the brunch, (or at least found out about it if her friends called him, looking for her) as he reported her missing …

It is understood Mr Murphy was home when his wife was captured on CCTV leaving their property and later raised the alarm to police when she didn't return.

I am finding it hard to believe that she didn't come home to shower and change before going off to brunch, this is what people do, she would not go to the brunch in her running gear. He was home when she went running, he would have known she would be coming home before she goes to the brunch. So why is he surprised when the gals at the brunch say she didn't turn up? he already knows she hasn't come home from her run, so to speak.

Have I got this right>>.???

Last edited:
I am finding it hard to believe that she didn't come home to shower and change before going off to brunch, this is what people do, she would not go to the brunch in her running gear. He was home when she went running, he would known she would be coming home before she goes to the brunch. So why is he surprised when the gals at the brunch say she didn't turn up? he already knows she hasn't come home from her run, so to speak.

Have I got this right>>.???
This is what her friend said … (same article)

Ms O'Loughlan, who is a trained psychologist, said she believed Ms Murphy would have been determined to make that brunch appointment.

'She'd be going out for brunch, she'd be wanting to get herself organised. She had her hair pulled back. She'd have wanted her hair to have been done nicely, she likes to present herself nicely,' she said.

'She'd be thinking "a quick run, freshen up, get the kids breakfast if Mick hasn't already done it'. She wouldn't have run that far.'

Yes I think he knew about the brunch … (Sorry, I should have left the proviso out of my earlier reply… )

This is what her friend said … (same article)

Ms O'Loughlan, who is a trained psychologist, said she believed Ms Murphy would have been determined to make that brunch appointment.

'She'd be going out for brunch, she'd be wanting to get herself organised. She had her hair pulled back. She'd have wanted her hair to have been done nicely, she likes to present herself nicely,' she said.

'She'd be thinking "a quick run, freshen up, get the kids breakfast if Mick hasn't already done it'. She wouldn't have run that far.'

Yes I think he knew about the brunch … (Sorry, I should have left the proviso out … )
I think he got his timing wrong. So did Baden Clay, from memory, he went out looking for Alison too early.

Well.. I just agree with everything her sparky friend said, a concise judgement, sensible and relatable. Something important about that brunch, too. We'll find out what it was, eventually.

Her hair, might I say,, she looks presentable, in most of the pics of her, very groomed and has the smooth look of a woman who takes care of her appearance, in contrast to him, which, you can say, Trooper, you are so mean, but there it is, .... the contrast is remarkable.

I can't imagine there are dozens and dozens of towers in Ballarat. I suspect the tower the phone has pinged off isn't going to be specific enough for a precise location.

MOO
Karen Ristevski’s phone pinged not far from where she was found. I think the tower plays a huge role in potentially finding Samantha, unless the phone was disposed of near the location of the tower. Such as in the case of Madeleine McCann the suspects phone pinged which was the closets to where Madeleine was staying.

Can't see any wedding bands being worn in any of the photos of both husband and wife.OMO
Including the press conference… Maybe they didn’t wear them, for both not to be wearing them is notable. Makes me wonder about her absence on the family holiday.
This kind of research I’m guessing is forming part of the missing persons team investigation. Getting the general lay of the land of things before 7am Sunday. IMO

i hate to even say this as its hurtful to her family but could she have been depressed and decided to disappear herself for good? could that been the reason for the quick missing persons alarm and the reason theyve stopped the intensive searching, has some information regarding her menta state or history been disclosed?
I suspect the missing person team will go through all of the above to rule everything in or out

This map shows the location of the scores of treacherous mines and mineshafts dotting the Goldfields countryside around Ballarat, including the area currently being searched

This map shows the location of the scores of treacherous mines and mineshafts dotting the Goldfields countryside around Ballarat, including the area currently being searched

It's feared she may have strayed from the forest trails where she normally runs and fallen down one of the treacherous shafts which are often obscured by bush.

But locals have also said the mineshafts could be used to hide her body if she's fallen victim to foul play.

'There's a lot of unused mines in the area,' admitted Crime Command Detective Acting Superintendent Mark Hatt.

Her husband Mick Murphy, 53, raised the alarm when she never returned in time for a pre-planned 11am family brunch date.

Updated article here:

It's feared she may have strayed from the forest trails where she normally runs and fallen down one of the treacherous shafts which are often obscured by bush.

But locals have also said the mineshafts could be used to hide her body if she's fallen victim to foul play.

'There's a lot of unused mines in the area,' admitted Crime Command Detective Acting Superintendent Mark Hatt.
Maybe she was being followed and to deter person following her, she veered off track to loose them and accidentally fell into a mineshaft or hid in a mineshaft until the danger was over but got stuck and was unable to climb out ? IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173