Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say he's homeless? In this case from October 2023- he lists his home address - same as Audrii's.
1708217555984.jpeg
9/29/2023 546101 MCDOUGAL, DON HOMELESS CONROE CONROE PD 504 MEDICAL CENTER BLVD INSTANTER CCL5 RESIST ARREST SEARCH OR TRANSP 750

I feel like it's the same as a parent leaving a loaded gun around a child. JMO
Absolutely.
I can’t control every single adult my kids will ever be around, but I CAN control who I allow in my home and who has access to my children. This guy, with his arrest record, would not be one of them. MOO

Grandmother apparently has custody and responsibility for A as stated on here.
I haven't seen it mentioned whether she owns/rents etc but it is stated on here that she has custody and responsibility therefore she should be keeping A safe from that type of person, the POI
Thanks, do you have a link?

I haven’t checked all his arrests yet but there was this:

STATE
THE STATE OF TEXAS
CHARGE INFORMATION
CHARGES: MCDOUGAL, DON STEVENSTATUTELEVELDATE
1.ENTICING A CHILD25.04THIRD DEGREE FELONY03/31/2007
2.ENTICING A CHILD25.04THIRD DEGREE FELONY03/31/2007
EVENTS & ORDERS OF THE COURT
DISPOSITIONS
09/08/2008DISPOSITION (JUDICIAL OFFICER: HUFSTETLER, K. RANDALL)
1. ENTICING A CHILD
GUILTY
09/08/2008DISPOSITION (JUDICIAL OFFICER: HUFSTETLER, K. RANDALL)
2. ENTICING A CHILD
GUILTY
09/08/2008PLEA (JUDICIAL OFFICER: HUFSTETLER, K. RANDALL)
1. ENTICING A CHILD
NOLO CONTENDERE
09/08/2008PLEA (JUDICIAL OFFICER: HUFSTETLER, K. RANDALL)
2. ENTICING A CHILD
NOLO CONTENDERE
09/08/2008SENTENCED - PRISON (JUDICIAL OFFICER: HUFSTETLER, K. RANDALL)
1. ENTICING A CHILD
CONFINEMENT TO COMMENCE 09/08/2008
2 YEARS , TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE-INSTITUTIONAL DIVISION, TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
JAIL CREDIT 527 DAYS
09/08/2008SENTENCED - PRISON (JUDICIAL OFFICER: HUFSTETLER, K. RANDALL)
2. ENTICING A CHILD
CONFINEMENT TO COMMENCE 09/08/2008
2 YEARS , TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE-INSTITUTIONAL DIVISION, TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
JAIL CREDIT 527 DAYS
Thank you.

I looked up the statute and that's essentially interfering with custody. Not the same as being a predator.
From what I can gather, enticement of a child is usually a misdemeanor in Texas. When this crime is committed with the intent to commit a felony, then it becomes a third degree felony. I guess this is common when the attempted crime is a sex offense. So whatever this guy intended to do, it was serious enough to upgrade the charges, even though he served the low end of the sentencing range of 2-10 years.

Last edited:
I looked up the statute and that's essentially interfering with custody. Not the same as being a predator.
Make of that what you will, in terms of legal code - but I can totally see him trying to take a child with ill intent. But they couldn't prove felony intent and he pled guilty. There is a lot of information out there, can't WAIT until MSM starts picking it up so we can discuss. He is a predator of the worst sort!!

She said they originally started the search behind Audrii’s home, where she lives with her father, but that hasn’t been verified by law enforcement.

“Search began in the wood line behind her home because it leads to the state park, now she is known to like to explore the woods, she likes to look at the little animals,” Matthews said.

According to Matthews, Audrii stays with her father and her grandmother.

Investigators won't say who Audrii was last seen with, saying it could compromise their investigation. But they say they have multiple persons of interest.

Investigators won't say who Audrii was last seen with, saying it could compromise their investigation. But they say they have multiple persons of interest.
This article is from yesterday. At the press conference today, it was said that he is the only POI now.

Thanks, do you have a link?
It's been linked before. A search of this thread, using term grandmother, indicates that Audrii's mom Cassie Matthews said that Audrii lived with her grandmother, her father, and the man who allegedly dropped Audrii off at the bus stop.

Another thread search for the term custody doesn't turn up any links to a formal custody situation. There is discussion re custody, but perhaps people have assumed this given that Audrii lives with dad and grandmother.

1708219691107.jpeg

ONLINE BUZZ:

• Steven Mcdougal reached out to Audrii's mom the day before she went missing
  • McDougal was willing to coordinate some kind of secret meetup at the park for Audrii & her mom without the father’s knowledge. McDougal held himself out as Audrii’s “favorite person” in his communications with mom, "I'm your daughter's favorite person and she will not tell."
  • Steven seemed to have planned this meetup for after school on the day she went missing.
  • McDougal claims he was fishing when he found out Audrii was missing

From what I can gather, enticement of a child is usually a misdemeanor in Texas. When this crime is committed with the intent to commit a felony, then it becomes a third degree felony. I guess this is common when the attempted crime is a sex offense. So whatever this guy intended to do, it was serious enough to upgrade the charges, even though he served the low end of the sentencing range of 2-10 years.
I find myself curious as to what possible enticing of a child is not done with the intent to commit a felony? That’s akin to robbing the convenience store without intending to take the cash or goods, right? I mean …

Not clear to me: did the school not contact parent until end of day that Audri did not attend? If not, why not?
My guess is that the ‘ person of interest ‘ could have called the school in the morning, claiming to be the parent, saying she would be out that day. It’s been years since mine were in any local schools, but I’m pretty sure you just need to call the attendance office with the child’s name to report them absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592