Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't warm though, remember?

Someone else posted the temperature earlier and it was 49 degrees that morning. That's the kind of weather where I see everyone on my social media who lives in Florida, etc freaking out and posting pics in winter coats. So seems even stranger for MS wanting to hang around outside early in the morning, especially in the outfit JS claims she was wearing.
What's more important in my mind are the temps from the morning of 2/26 to the day she was found. And as we know, that's 5 days (3/1).

Disclaimer: I checked a half dozen sites and the info isn't exactly the same. One reason is the location of the equipment that's measuring temps. The first site below allowed me to pretty much zero into the area she was found, UNTIL I clicked on the History tab. Then it changed the station to Orlando. The other sites use whatever weather station they decide to use when I'm checking for St. Cloud, so, it is what it is, but it's close enough for our purposes. :)

There was a max temp of 84°in that time period. Middle line is average temps. Note that what's interposed on that chart is where my mouse was (at the high on the 28th). Link below so you can dink around with it if you so desire.

1710265807469.png
Orlando, FL Weather History | Weather Underground

Here is the highs and lows for that week:
1710265929034.png

Past Weather in Saint Cloud, Florida, USA — Yesterday or Further Back

And one last site:

1710265987364.png

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/st-cloud/34769/february-weather/337619?year=2024

I think I'll add this info to the Media thread as well for easy access.

What's more important in my mind are the temps from the morning of 2/26 to the day she was found. And as we know, that's 5 days (3/1).

Disclaimer: I checked a half dozen sites and the info isn't exactly the same. One reason is the location of the equipment that's measuring temps. The first site below allowed me to pretty much zero into the area she was found, UNTIL I clicked on the History tab. Then it changed the station to Orlando. The other sites use whatever weather station they decide to use when I'm checking for St. Cloud, so, it is what it is, but it's close enough for our purposes. :)

There was a max temp of 84°in that time period. Middle line is average temps. Note that what's interposed on that chart is where my mouse was (at the high on the 28th). Link below so you can dink around with it if you so desire.

View attachment 489947
Orlando, FL Weather History | Weather Underground

Here is the highs and lows for that week:
View attachment 489951

Past Weather in Saint Cloud, Florida, USA — Yesterday or Further Back

And one last site:

View attachment 489953

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/st-cloud/34769/february-weather/337619?year=2024

I think I'll add this info to the Media thread as well for easy access.
I live 4 miles from where she was found. That sounds about right temperature wise.

If he was cooperating then I think we’d have seen murder charges by now. It doesn’t appear he cooperated in finding her body, which is why it required a press conference.

The same applies to her as well. We already know she lied to police in regards to when she last saw her daughter, and with the public outcry against her as well, I’d imagine she’s lawyered up. Cooperating could really only lead to more charges against her unless she strikes some sort of deal.
So then nothing from any official sources, just opinion based on the lack of charges so far.
It is certainly curious they haven't filed murder charges, especially after all this time.

I mean, they have to know her COD and the MOD since they released her body for the funeral so... I have to wonder what the hold up is there. I don't think it has anything to do with cooperation or lack thereof, from either of them. They don't need either of them to cooperate to issue warrants and gather evidence (which it appears they've done).

LE hasn't come out and said anything at all about mom. Nothing negative (the "stories don't line up" didn't come from LE, that was entirely MSM), and nothing positive, such as stating she's not a suspect. Yet two weeks in, and he's got a boatload more charges and she's got nothing. So far... the evidence isn't pointing in the direction of her being involved. Of course that could certainly change, but as of now it's looking like he was the sole monster in this situation.

jmo

Imagine all her friends at school who now have heard what was happening to her at home? Where kids are meant to be the safest they ever will be - at their homes. With their loving families and who knows how long she was unsafe for. She wasn’t safe when he was there in her life. She may* not have been safe when mom was around because mom may* not have been available to or able to protect her. The hell and horrors this kid endured are astounding. All while mom somehow just didn’t notice? Ugh.
With all the vile things that have come about in this case, I can only hope that anyone in the same position that Madeline once was finds the strength to come forward to a trusted adult and report the abuse. I hope parents also use this as a learning opportunity to really speak to their children. Ask the tough questions. Ensure their children are not enduring the same. Sadly, there's many more SS-type monsters in the world.

MOO.

it's tough seeing that lengthy list in print :(
As family, I would want to know what happened to Maddie. But I don't believe my heart could take knowing the magnitude of what all happened to my loved one
Hopefully detectives informed the family that more charges were coming and to just avoid the MSM and social media.
There was a case close to home. Mom moved away, back with her family and did not attend the trial of the monster that killed her baby. She didn't want to hear the ugly details. RIP Keenan O'Mailia. RIP Madeline Soto.

Both SS & JS use "we" enough to make me begin to question it. Initially I thought when JS said "we dropped her off" it was just a manner of speech, but watching the interviews again, I'm really not sure. You would think SS would have said "Was the last time either of us saw her..."

It is strange to me how both SS & JS switch between "we" and "I" with respect to the drop off, AND then correct themselves. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but it is odd.
I can understand why SS would use we a lot.... to implicate JS. As for why JS uses we? I'm thinking she was instructed to do so by SS as it just seems like he concocted a story for them to stick to. All MOO

You know, I don't recall ever seeing a reporter ask the parent of a missing child if they feel responsible.

That seems a very inappropriate and insensitive thing for a reporter to ask in that situation just out of the blue.

It makes me wonder if LE did have some influence over what was asked in SS's interview.

If he was cooperating then I think we’d have seen murder charges by now. It doesn’t appear he cooperated in finding her body, which is why it required a press conference.

The same applies to her as well. We already know she lied to police in regards to when she last saw her daughter, and with the public outcry against her as well, I’d imagine she’s lawyered up. Cooperating could really only lead to more charges against her unless she strikes some sort of deal.
I read an article that he asked for his attorney while at the police station. Not sure if he spoke at length with them before hand, or if he immediately asked for his attorney after police confronted him about what was on his phone. Doubtful his attorney is advising that SS talk right now.

As for JS, IIRC she was interviewed twice by police. Beyond that, who knows if she’s cooperating or not. Obviously it’s probably in her best interest to cooperate, but if she’s retained a lawyer and anticipates possible charges or being called as a witness, she may be keeping quiet. Deal or no deal, it depends on what the police are looking at if it’s good idea to cooperate. It’s certainly not going to do her any PR favors for her to refuse to cooperate, but she does have a fifth amendment right…we all do.

Whether she’s charged with anything or not, it’s still a good idea for her to have a lawyer with all the press and public outrage surrounding her. I’m sure the last thing she wants to do is another tv interview that will inevitably be picked apart. Regardless of what comes to light about her, if anything, I think she needs to let a lawyer do any and all talking or issuing of statements bc any attempts to speak out further would be like playing hopscotch in a field of land mines.

So then nothing from any official sources, just opinion based on the lack of charges so far.
It is certainly curious they haven't filed murder charges, especially after all this time.

I mean, they have to know her COD and the MOD since they released her body for the funeral so... I have to wonder what the hold up is there. I don't think it has anything to do with cooperation or lack thereof, from either of them. They don't need either of them to cooperate to issue warrants and gather evidence (which it appears they've done).

LE hasn't come out and said anything at all about mom. Nothing negative (the "stories don't line up" didn't come from LE, that was entirely MSM), and nothing positive, such as stating she's not a suspect. Yet two weeks in, and he's got a boatload more charges and she's got nothing. So far... the evidence isn't pointing in the direction of her being involved. Of course that could certainly change, but as of now it's looking like he was the sole monster in this situation.

jmo
These are two completely separate cases though, so one moving fast has nothing to do with the other. If this was all found on his phone, then they could have charged this days ago. There was simply no rush there.

Similarly, we know that mom committed a crime based on that police report that says she told LE that she last saw her daughter getting ready to school.

They could almost certainly charge her with that now if they wanted to, but we’ve seen this type of thing in too many cases to count. We know that they are in a position to at least charge something, but they wait to drop the charges all at once.

You know, I don't recall ever seeing a reporter ask the parent of a missing child if they feel responsible.

That seems a very inappropriate and insensitive thing for a reporter to ask in that situation just out of the blue.

It makes me wonder if LE did have some influence over what was asked in SS's interview.
I’ve thought all along that LE has a relationship with this interviewer and “tipped” them off per se.

I mean, they have to know her COD and the MOD since they released her body for the funeral so... I have to wonder what the hold up is there.
Snipped for focus-

They don't necessarily have to know cause and manner of death in order to release the body to a funeral home. They will have done a complete autopsy and investigation, but if there is any evidence that drugs may have been involved in her death (to sedate her, for example), the death certificate would read 'pending toxicology' until the tox screens come back. It can take up to 6 weeks or so for toxicology results to be available in my experience, and then they will update the death certificate if the tox results show something significant.

Source: I'm a retired Florida funeral director who has worked with this medical examiner's office countless times.

I’ve thought all along that LE has a relationship with this interviewer and “tipped” them off per se.
Many times these local reporters know a heck of a lot more than they are able to report. You can often tell by some of the questions they ask at press conference and during interviews.

Had law enforcement themselves tipped the interviewer off however, I think the questions would have been way more helpful than they were.

jmo
I would have thought LE would be very aware of all the comments questioning JS's inconsistencies in her interviews ,so would have said something by now if they were not investigating her. If it was just SS I also think the timeline would be clear by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose