Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably needed it for work next day or going somewhere with gf for the day or wanted to pick it up before it got too hot to walk over later, and still wide awake?
Did he walk to get his car though or someone drove him? This could create questions, say if his gf dropped him off to collect his car and then he was meant to meet her back at the house shortly after but didn't return till nightfall.

sissy a described her attacker as wearing a baseball cap, bare feet and black jeans, searching google images ps can be seen wearing clothing of this description and thongs on his feet, so its common every day wear for thousands of people but clothing he also wore, if there was a link to her attack and sms?

Did he walk to get his car though or someone drove him? This could create questions, say if his gf dropped him off to collect his car and then he was meant to meet her back at the house shortly after but didn't return till nightfall.
i dont know how far it was but maybe, ive always had a feeling his car wasnt involved and he was on foot when it happened, dont know why, maybe because his ute looks all kitted out and i cant imagine him wanting to put a body in it and i dont think she was hit with a car either

i dont know how far it was but maybe, ive always had a feeling his car wasnt involved and he was on foot when it happened, dont know why, maybe because his ute looks all kitted out and i cant imagine him wanting to put a body in it and i dont think she was hit with a car either
Good to keep all possibilities open….
What’s your theory, bearbear?

[Please indulge me as I offer another favourite quote that is relevant to this question…]

“The voyage of discovery lies
Not in journeying to new seas
But in seeing with new eyes…”

- Marcel Proust

Anyone else like to share some “new eye” perspectives…? :)

Last edited:

[Please indulge me as I offer another favourite quote that is relevant to this question…]

- Marcel Proust

i really dont know, and a lot of my thinking is based on all the things ive read on other forums, theyve clouded my thinking, but currently, in my opinion and all allegedly, im thinking he knew who sm was, had seen her on runs, around town and remembered her from school, she was a local, she may have acknowledged him whenever they passed on the track, he may have become obsessed with her and on the morning he was walking through to get his car she ran past, smiled hello at him and on impulse he decided to assault her, she fought back and he killed her, taking videos of her body etc, he didnt want the body in his work vehicle so either got his friend to meet him with his beat up old vehicle and he put her in the boot, or he went and got the keys and did it himself, drove around with the body for a couple of days and took her to an isolated body of water he was familiar with, or less likely dumped her in an area where the fires were burning, i think he boasted to his friends or hinted at what hed done, think he possibly told his gf or she saw the video on his phone, she went to police and if the friend whos car he used was a witness, hes also helping police, i think he had a sad childhood with possible bullying or other abuse, i dont think children are born monsters they are made imo

Last edited:
I absolutely agree…. The GF seems to me to be the most likely person to have “worked things out”…. How utterly terrifying for her, if that’s the case…. No wonder she looks so relaxed blowing kisses at horses…. She will, however, most likely, in time, be traumatised by all this… as the full impact hits…
Indeed. I imagine that the relationship may have been hard going for her at the best of times.

The image in my mind of her blowing kisses at the horses is so enchanting and tender-hearted, in an otherwise horribly
dark situation. JMO

Indeed. I imagine that the relationship may have been hard going for her at the best of times.

The image in my mind of her blowing kisses at the horses is so enchanting and tender-hearted, in an otherwise horribly
dark situation. JMO
Are you sure about that, or are you speculating?

- Marcel Proust

{mod edit} It was not him driving the Ute that morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I think it was sexually motivated being he was on a cocaine bender due to this drug making PS very sexually charged. Also I also think that maybe he was responsible for Sissys attack 12mths ago and since he got away with it the urge to do it again and go further was there.

All IMHO

Re above video- I just want to say that I find it really touching that so many women and men across Australia are coming together and running in memory of Samantha and “finishing her run.”
Also touched by the running club formed in Sydney so that women don’t have to be afraid to run alone. How wonderful to honor Samantha’s memory in such a productive way.

Sam’s family and her community of Ballarat must be moved that her tragedy has touched the hearts of so many around the world and especially touched by the little good things that are coming from their horrific loss.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that, or are you speculating?
I'm not sure which point you're questioning, as in my opinion, my choice of words on both points indicates that I am speculating -

'I IMAGINE that the relationship MAY have been hard going for her at the best of times.'

'The image in my mind of her blowing kisses at the horses is so enchanting and tender-hearted, in an otherwise horribly
dark situation. JMO'

If I was sure, I would have said so, and explained why I was sure, providing a reference as per TOS.

I'm not sure which point you're questioning, as in my opinion, my choice of words on both points indicates that I am speculating -

'I IMAGINE that the relationship MAY have been hard going for her at the best of times.'

'The image in my mind of her blowing kisses at the horses is so enchanting and tender-hearted, in an otherwise horribly
dark situation. JMO'

If I was sure, I would have said so, and explained why I was sure, providing a reference as per TOS.
I was thinking the same thing

wo
Myst

Must be data from the watch/phone that they are able to access
Would possibly be:
-phone pings (from attk location and onto the ping near golf course / coupled with the pings from their own device. I would be checking that area around the proximity of that final ping cctv of remote properties in that triangulation. There are bodies of water and a quarry near by I saw when checking the tower proximity
-DNA possibly in seized car as someone mentioned and chemicals from body only existing post death?
-Possibly coupled with admittance of guilt via texts or images (as crazy as this sounds for anyone to even do)
-maybe during raid, they could have found an item of the deceased
-when police say “acted alone” I speculate they’re right but that was initially. I think we may see a few more involved
All speculation
MOO

I wonder if, after their night out, a ‘few of the boys’ jumped on their bikes (2 and 4 wheelers) and headed to the forest. Country footy boys mucking around, being fools, still buzzing from their big night, maybe even cracking a few more beers… SM comes along and presents another opportunity for the lads to prove their power and masculinity… I can also see this playing out as either one person acting alone (the accused) or as a group.

However the fact the police allege no one else was involved, so the group theory is possibly unlikely.

i really dont know, and a lot of my thinking is based on all the things ive read on other forums, theyve clouded my thinking, but currently, in my opinion and all allegedly, im thinking he knew who sm was, had seen her on runs, around town and remembered her from school, she was a local, she may have acknowledged him whenever they passed on the track, he may have become obsessed with her and on the morning he was walking through to get his car she ran past, smiled hello at him and on impulse he decided to assault her, she fought back and he killed her, taking videos of her body etc, he didnt want the body in his work vehicle so either got his friend to meet him with his beat up old vehicle and he put her in the boot, or he went and got the keys and did it himself, drove around with the body for a couple of days and took her to an isolated body of water he was familiar with, or less likely dumped her in an area where the fires were burning, i think he boasted to his friends or hinted at what hed done, think he possibly told his gf or she saw the video on his phone, she went to police and if the friend whos car he used was a witness, hes also helping police, i think he had a sad childhood with possible bullying or other abuse, i dont think children are born monsters they are made imo
Bearbear, this is a sound theory, if it’s not the car accident & cover up theory I outlined yesterday then IMO it will be something along these lines. IMO, in my version of this theory I can’t see another person being involved in the incident (police said they are not looking for anyone else), and I think he’s still used his vehicle to move the body (police have seized it).
This is my no. 2 theory.

I’m not a social media user and I stopped reading other forums on this after the arrest - too much wild rumour mongering going on. But where there is smoke there is fire as they say.

Bearbear, this is a sound theory, if it’s not the car accident & cover up theory I outlined yesterday then IMO it will be something along these lines. IMO, in my version of this theory I can’t see another person being involved in the incident (police said they are not looking for anyone else), and I think he’s still used his vehicle to move the body (police have seized it).
This is my no. 2 theory.

I’m not a social media user and I stopped reading other forums on this after the arrest - too much wild rumour mongering going on. But where there is smoke there is fire as they say.
I have said before that they new each other on sight from the local Catholic Church. IMO

I absolutely agree…. The GF seems to me to be the most likely person to have “worked things out”…. How utterly terrifying for her, if that’s the case…. No wonder she looks so relaxed blowing kisses at horses…. She will, however, most likely, in time, be traumatised by all this… as the full impact hits…
Just sayin’, there is no way in high hell I would remain alone in a house with a bf I suspected of committing such an act. You’d be on edge the entire time and they’d pick it up the weird vibe.
For that reason I doubt she knew or told. Rather than interpreting her demeanour with the horses as an expression of relief, I’d guess instead that she may have been feeling shock and sadness.
Just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members