Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I am still searching for personal ads on Trove that may be attributed to AKA, the one we all know about in Le Courrier Australien (10 Dec 1994) now has an interesting tag!! The tag states "MF Remakel - Stop lying Joni. Joni tell the truth. Shame on TVL for dragging an innocent man a victim himself through the mud. the mud. Your podcast sucks." This was probably added prior to the Coroner’s Findings, but who would have been invested enough to have written such a tirade?
Cant see how you'd know if it was put up pre Coroners findings if you only saw it yesterday?

It could have been up for ages or more recently?

I think someone had found it earlier and S and J already were told about it and only now it has been shared on here.
Makes no sense otherwise to suggest it was done prior ???

It could be his kids who did it or that woman who always posts in his favour on the FB page, as I mentioned above?

In any case, hopefully this can be traced!

Cant see how you'd know if it was put up pre Coroners findings if you only saw it yesterday?

It could have been up for ages or more recently?

I think someone had found it earlier and S and J already were told about it and only now it has been shared on here.
Makes no sense otherwise to suggest it was done prior ???

It could be his kids who did it or that woman who always posts in his favour on the FB page, as I mentioned above?

In any case, hopefully this can be traced!
I think the tagged comments were probably added prior to the Coroner’s Findings because the report confirmed AKA was (not allegedly) neither entirely innocent nor a victim. But, I can also see now that it may have been added since, because of the vitriol directed at TLV and Joni as it was this personal advertisement that brought the whole house of cards tumbling down!

Last edited:
I think the tagged comments were probably added prior to the Coroner’s Findings because the report confirmed AKA was (not allegedly) neither entirely innocent nor a victim. But, I can also see now that it may have been added since, because of the vitriol directed at TLV and Joni as it was this personal advertisement that brought the whole house of cards tumbling down!
Yes completely agree.

Its totally bizarre. Someone has it in for them.
I can think of 2 females that use to comment on their FB page in support of AH
Or its his kids.

Lets hope the tags can be tracked

Whilst I am still searching for personal ads on Trove that may be attributed to AKA, the one we all know about in Le Courrier Australien (10 Dec 1994) now has an interesting tag!! The tag states "MF Remakel - Stop lying Joni. Joni tell the truth. Shame on TVL for dragging an innocent man a victim himself through the mud. the mud. Your podcast sucks." This was probably added prior to the Coroner’s Findings, but who would have been invested enough to have written such a tirade?

It been there for a few years, I believe it was fruit loop who tried to claim the reward - the person has a FB page they have every conspiracy theory going, they are based in the south of England. MBMP page had to block the person

It been there for a few years, I believe it was fruit loop who tried to claim the reward - the person has a FB page they have every conspiracy theory going, they are based in the south of England. MBMP page had to block the person
Yes that UK woman really gave them grief.

So you think those tags have been there for few years??? Cause Im not so sure. I dont remember seeing the numericals beside the tag icon before @Liselle pointed it out.

Yes that UK woman really gave them grief.

So you think those tags have been there for few years??? Cause Im not so sure. I dont remember seeing the numericals beside the tag icon before @Liselle pointed it out.

yes it has been there a few years, at the time I check the fruit loops FB page and they had made the same / similar comment on there about dragging RB's name through the mud lol

Trying to find her FB page again

yes it has been there a few years, at the time I check the fruit loops FB page and they had made the same / similar comment on there about dragging RB's name through the mud lol

Ok so yeah that probs is that UK nutter , although she wanted the reward, so saying her ex was guilty at the time.

Im more inclined to think either of the 2 Aussie women, that 1 from geelong and another one who use to really have it in for SL

This is her here, without naming her. But a search will find her easy enough.

Im more inclined to think its one of the other women here in Aust

It is my understanding that the coming trip to Japan is to research as many documents as possible with death certificate in hand. Two, part of the issue has been the language barrier and lack of documents online. So the idea is to speak to people in person with an interpreter.
I wonder if Aka has tried to make any enquiries in Japan to see what records might be held for him? In fact it would be interesting to get hold of his phone, email, text records and Internet searches since NSW Police tapped on his door about Marion. Saying that no doubt they will screw up that line of enquiry too.

Ok so yeah that probs is that UK nutter , although she wanted the reward, so saying her ex was guilty at the time.

Im more inclined to think either of the 2 Aussie women, that 1 from geelong and another one who use to really have it in for SL

I am still trying to find her FB page, she use to post on a UK crime page but she seems to have disappeared

I wonder if Aka has tried to make any enquiries in Japan to see what records might be held for him? In fact it would be interesting to get hold of his phone, email, text records and Internet searches since NSW Police tapped on his door about Marion. Saying that no doubt they will screw up that line of enquiry too.
That reminds me

I found something about a person - Aussie police looking into it at the time. The Japan Flyer Robber

I found this which from what I can glean is interesting

I couldn't get the actual newspaper article but maybe someone here can and post it for us

Nichigo press​

Article title: 日本人狙いの強盗犯はこの男 (Nihonjin nerai no gōtōhan wa kono otoko).
Burglar targets Japanese

PUBLICATION DATE/PAGE NUMBER: May 1996: 16 LENGTH: ½ page NLA CALL NUMBER: OJsN 4370.95 6015A SYNOPSIS OF CONTENT:

This article describes the background behind the 'Flyer Advertising Burglary Incidents' and provides a police montage photo of the suspect. A man responding to advertisements by Japanese females for flatmates,
or for garage sales before returning to Japan, enters people’s homes, brandishes a gun, and makes off with valuables.
New South Wales police allocate resources for the campaign.
The Japanese consulate cooperates.

I couldn't get the actual newspaper article but maybe someone here can and post it for us

Nichigo press​

Burglar targets Japanese

PUBLICATION DATE/PAGE NUMBER: May 1996: 16 LENGTH: ½ page NLA CALL NUMBER: OJsN 4370.95 6015A SYNOPSIS OF CONTENT:

This article describes the background behind the 'Flyer Advertising Burglary Incidents' and provides a police montage photo of the suspect. A man responding to advertisements by Japanese females for flatmates,
or for garage sales before returning to Japan, enters people’s homes, brandishes a gun, and makes off with valuables.
Mmmmm
I wonder what Richard Lloyd Westbury and his other aliases got up to in Japan.

Nichigo press​

Burglar targets Japanese

Nichigo Press is available for free in NSW.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Nichigo Press was established in 1977 and is Australia’s longest-running Japanese language newspaper. The print and online news service provides Australia’s Japanese community with the latest national and international news, as well as information on local upcoming events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173