OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the attention on the custody issue, it seems as though almost no one here is considering the possibility that the disappearance of these women has nothing to do with that, at all.

I'm sure I haven't read every MSM article but have LE given anyone reason to believe the disappearance is related to that?
My post some pages back was immediately dismissed but since you seem open to other ideas, I’m providing it below. These two women driving alone on this desolate road would seem to me vulnerable to any number of bad situations.

“I heard Dr. Makayla Keefe-Saramosing the owner of Keefe Private Investigations (the largest Oklahoma-owned private investigation and process serving company) being interviewed and she said that hum@n tr@ff1cking is a huge problem in Oklahoma and something to consider with abductions of young women.

“This was a general comment and *not* her opinion on this case. Just passing it on in the “third party” category, for what it’s worth. IDK. MOO”

That document provides solid foundation for awarding custody of the two children to the father. Setting aside allegations of neglect, the fact that the mother repeatedly and frequently moved between different States, and was unable keep a job, means that she prevented the children from enjoying a stable home environment.

The big question is whether this custody upheaval is related to the two missing women. I'm not convinced.

My post some pages back was immediately dismissed but since you seem open to other ideas, I’m providing it below. These two women driving alone on this desolate road would seem to me vulnerable to any number of bad situations.

“I heard Dr. Makayla Keefe-Saramosing the owner of Keefe Private Investigations (the largest Oklahoma-owned private investigation and process serving company) being interviewed and she said that hum@n tr@ff1cking is a huge problem in Oklahoma and something to consider with abductions of young women.

“This was a general comment and *not* her opinion on this case. Just passing it on in the “third party” category, for what it’s worth. IDK. MOO”

They are aged 27 and 39, which seems outside of the age for human trafficking.

There could be many reasons for an incident on the road - including road rage.

I suspect it may have been dismissed since neither of these women fit the (generally agreed, in any case) common criteria for a trafficked person. They weren't engaged in high risk behavior or lifestyles (runaways, s*x workers, homeless, etc.), and it was in the middle of nowhere, basically, where they went missing. Traffickers hit up areas where young women engaging in high risk behavior would be super easy to find, manipulate and take advantage of.

jmo

I cannot for the life of me understand taking away a child’s mother and thinking it would be for the best…including another unrelated person who also has children.

To me this disappearance signals someone wanted to maintain control, forever.
Sadly, it happens. I don't know what people are thinking when they do this.

Worst case I've seen is the Wagner family murdering 8 members of the Rhoden family over a custody battle.

How does someone get the the place where they think killing a child's parent is good for the child?

So everyone thinking this is tied to VB and her custody situation but what if it's tied to JK somehow?
Really, anything is possible, but JK was a supervisor/observer whose responsibility was to accompany VB during her court authorized visits with her children. If she has something going on in her life that would make her a target, we don’t know about it yet. How many people knew what her plans were for that day?
Technically, per our TOS, we can not discuss anyone who has not been named as a POI in this case.
No matter how bad or morally corrupt we may believe a person is, they are off limits until LE tells us they are a POI.

How does someone get the the place where they think killing a child's parent is good for the child?
In every case like this (or similar) I've heard of, it is because they got it in their head(s) somehow that the child was being molested or at risk of being molested. This was the case with the Wagners (which was horrifically ironic) and also this one. I immediately thought of the latter when this one happened.

Lots of people say they would be willing to kill to protect their children, which is generally understandable and even expected, but when they say that they typically don't mean they would kill innocent bystanders. IMO if you're OK with killing innocent parties (therefore taking parents from kids and vice versa) you don't need custody...

And then there are those where people will do anything to maintain custody or obtain custody! The Rhoden -Gilley family is testament of that! 8 family members died in 4 different locations, all over custody of a 3 year old little girl…
I'm from southeastern Ohio and this case has been SCREAMING vibes of Rhoden family massacre ever since it started. I just hope it doesn't take as long as that did to get arrests. IMO, MOO, etc.

*OSBI says abandoned vehicle had info gathered showing signs of foul play. Looking for both women. Several tips rec’d. Everything is on table. They are hopeful women are still alive. We understand teachers and others concerned. schools decision for lockdown. Public isn’t in immediate danger. Trying to identify poss suspects. Another LE agency determined going to birthday but OSBI still investigating themselves where women were headed to. Family, friends spoken to. This is extremely sad and unfortunate. Will update on sm Facebook or twitter. Still need tips.

Last edited:
OSBI,
foul play determined
asking for tips
cannot release what was found in or outside the car
hopeful they're still alive. (!)
we do not believe the public is in danger
no suspects yet
we will let public know if suspect is identified
agents still determining where exactly they were going
agents have been in contact with a lot of people, but won't say who
will continue to do updates but at this time there's nothing more
stresses we need people who know anything to reach out

If you're not first, you're last now. Moose out front should have told you. I miss the greatest generation.

I feel the same as you do, that this was a premeditated act by someone who knew those ladies would be coming down the road at that specific time.

It feels premeditated but the only thing pulling me away from that is the fact the suspect/s left an evidence trail in the vehicle. Since the type of evidence found has not been listed in the media, we can't really speculate here on what type of evidence it is. But I would think premeditation would involve planning for the removal of all evidence, including a complete wipe down of the vehicle. Since there was evidence of foul play present, we can only hope the perpetrator/s mistakenly left his/her own traceable prints or DNA material.

Another LE agency determined going to birthday but OSBI still investigating themselves where women were headed to.

I understand OSBI needs to turn over every stone, but it doesn't seem its a stretch to assume the women intended to take the kids to a birthday party or back to the mother's home, per usual. If that were really the concern of the husband and his family, they should have contacted the county sheriff to discuss their concerns in advance.

If this is anything like the custody fights between the Wagners and Rhoden family, there may be a lot of texts as well as Facebook messages between VB and her ex and his extended family. LE should make sure to check messaging via social media accounts, especially Facebook Messaging. Sometimes, in rural areas with spotty cell phone coverage, people frequently use FB messaging or other internet based instant messaging.

WRT the legal papers regarding custody linked above, I noticed the father complained about VB requesting police protection while exchanging kids for visitation. Obviously she had good reason to request that protection. It sounds like it wasn't granted, but should have been.

That document provides solid foundation for awarding custody of the two children to the father. Setting aside allegations of neglect, the fact that the mother repeatedly and frequently moved between different States, and was unable keep a job, means that she prevented the children from enjoying a stable home environment.

The big question is whether this custody upheaval is related to the two missing women. I'm not convinced.
While I understand the Appellate Case is the only public file currently available, I caution all not to place too much emphasis in the petitioner's very one-sided Appellate Brief in Chief when the defendant had no opportunity to respond (time barred).

IMO, I believe it's even more telling that after the damning hit piece against the defendant, the high Court did not act to remove the children from their mother or grant full custody to the father as he demanded.

Instead, the Appellate Court gave the parents joint custody of the children. Previously, the Court granted the mother full custody of the children, and visitation to the father.

I think much has transpired since the 8/5/2022 appellate decision proving who was steering the custody boat. JMO

Ha! I just edited my post to include a ruse. It’s just so many things could potentially go wrong. You’d really have to know where they were going to be and when they were going to be there.

Then you’d have to successfully pull off a ruse without either contacting someone.

I’d really favor a theory that sees them getting to their destination then the car being dumped, but that has a ton of issues too.
Oh my! There's absolutely nothing around for miles and miles and miles.....

Here is the link to the screenshot on Google maps. Photo below. 36°57'05.2"N 101°54'08.6"W · Yarbrough Public Schools, OK
Whoever encountered them knew they would be taking this isolated road. Not a random encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R