Deaths of Male College Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran, you betcha that case of the guy who woke up in the river caught my attention! So does your connection on the smiley logo and Ecstasy tabs. The amnesiac(sp) factor is what stands out for me. And IIRC, GHB dissapates quickly in a body and wouldn't be detected in an autopsy right? What about ecstasy?
Both GHB & Ketamine, actually. If you take a look at that home page of the link you posted, some types of ecstasy appear to include Ketamine. While Ketamine has long been considered a horse tranq, there seems to have been a surge in street use. And its effects do appear to include short term memory loss.

Coroner puzzled by SIU student's drowning
April 04, 2008

A coroner says the drowning death of a Southern Illinois University graduate student from China is puzzling.

Jackson County Coroner Thomas Kupferer (KOOP'-fer-er) says no foul play is suspected in the death of 31-year-old Huaijun Meng (hew-eye-juhn ming).

Meng was found fully clothed and face down Wednesday in water about three feet deep on the Carbondale campus.

Full article: click here

Memorial: click here

Former Plattsburgh State student drowned
Body pulled from Hudson River
By ANDREA VanVALKENBURG
April 23, 2008

Joshua Szostak's family and friends are in mourning after learning the former Plattsburgh State student drown in the Hudson River.

Exactly four months after the 21-year-old mysteriously disappeared from downtown Albany, his body was positively identified as the man who was pulled from the Hudson River Tuesday afternoon.

A fisherman spotted Szostak floating in the cold water near a boat launch in Coxsackie around 2 p.m., and when his body was pulled from the river, authorities found his wallet and other personal effects.

His body was positively identified during an autopsy Wednesday morning.

The Latham man disappeared early Dec. 23 after spending the night bar hopping and celebrating his friend's 21st birthday.

Former Plattsburgh State student drowned
Body pulled from Hudson River
By ANDREA VanVALKENBURG
April 23, 2008

I was just going to post this, as this is right near where I live. Something is really fishy with this story. From all accounts this kid was not totally smashed when he left the bar,and certainly not drunk enough to go walking into the Hudson River . I'm sure there was foul play.

I was just going to post this, as this is right near where I live. Something is really fishy with this story. From all accounts this kid was not totally smashed when he left the bar,and certainly not drunk enough to go walking into the Hudson River . I'm sure there was foul play.
Hmmm... it looks like there's also a thread on this case: click here

Imho, it would be helpful if they did create a forum for missing and/or drowned college men.

Omg, that Myspace is sick, that guy is sick.

Not only is he sick, but the 103 friends that he has are too. One of them is even holding a child. Could this be related to some type of cult?

Woo hoo! We're gonna get some more info tonight. This ought to be interesting:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1

They have already taken all of this evidence in the Jenkins case to Minneapolis Police and Hennepin County prosecutors--so why haven't they taken action? We will ask them.

Watch 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS Friday night at 10:00 to find out how Minneapolis Police and Hennepin County prosecutors responded.

I keep thinking back to the Myspace page that Shado posted. It would normally be absurd to think the person responsible would put himself out there like that. However, the Myspace page is so sanitized and clean compared to what he posted in words that it bothers me greatly. Usually we see someone like that and their pages are blinged out with evil and gory images that match their words. IMO, if this guy isn't involved. He wants to be, or at least admires the work if you KWIM? He's not about to taint his admiration with foolish bling.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/shadowraiths/Forums/eb1e9a6c.jpg

Mcdraw, I'm bumping this post up because it explains why that site bothers me. Myspace would be a great way to network. I still think this guy at least admires the River Killings. Scary.

Shado, when you originally found this page, did you find out anything interesting on this guy?

Don't know if this has anything to do with these cases...

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S425068.shtml?cat=1

Breaking news:
A body was recovered near the Mississippi River Friday night.
Police are at the scene near Lake Street and West River Parkway in Minneapolis.
Police tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS the incident may be suspicious in nature.
Stay with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and KSTP.com for updates as they become available.

The part 2 video isn't linked to the article yet. But at the front page of this site it's on the right under What are authorites doing about the Jenkins murder investigation. Click on next to find the video. On Monday there will be a report on the Albany NY case Shado listed.

http://www.kstp.com/

For those interested in the statistical side of things, I've uploaded the data, stat info, and a couple of graphs. They can be found here.

NB: The BAC percentages pertains to only those with reported BAC (to avoid an unnatural skew)

For those interested in the statistical side of things, I've uploaded the data, stat info, and a couple of graphs. They can be found here.

NB: The BAC percentages pertains to only those with reported BAC (to avoid an unnatural skew)

Thank you so much and you have a pm.

Shado, looking at your list, the BAC is N/A. Does that mean they had no BAC? If so, then LE can't even use drinking as an excuse.

oh wow if this subject could get it's own section that would be awesome. it's really hard to find all the information when it's scattered. i know some of these missing guys we have in here could be victims too.

ps. awesome info shadow.

Shado, looking at your list, the BAC is N/A. Does that mean they had no BAC? If so, then LE can't even use drinking as an excuse.
Correct. Which I noted in my River's Edge article. Basically, the breakdown is as follows.

Reported to have been drinking, whose BAC was also reported = [BAC %]
Reported to have been drinking, whose BAC was not reported = [unknown]
Not Reported to have been drinking = N/A

After listening to these two reports, it appears the purpose of this series is to garner public interest in hopes to pressure LE to investigate these cases further. At least, that's my take.

After listening to these two reports, it appears the purpose of this series is to garner public interest in hopes to pressure LE to investigate these cases further. At least, that's my take.

That's my take on it too. I'm hoping that LE working on Joshua's case in N.Y. will take an unjaded approach. and I'm hoping that the fact the two detectives are from N.Y. will cause their info to be more welcome. All we need is one of these agencies to accept the theory to get the ball rolling.

Mcdraw, I'm bumping this post up because it explains why that site bothers me. Myspace would be a great way to network. I still think this guy at least admires the River Killings. Scary.

Shado, when you originally found this page, did you find out anything interesting on this guy?
Nope. Just noticed that a lot of those on their friends list were from La Crosse, seemed to be in their mid 30s, and seemed to be into serial killers. The creep factor is what compelled me to cache the page. That there were so many on their friends list is what compelled me to write it off. Now, with this latest theory, I got to thinking there might really be something there. Which is why I decided to upload the cached material to my server.

Don't know if this has anything to do with these cases...

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S425068.shtml?cat=1

Breaking news:
A body was recovered near the Mississippi River Friday night.
Police are at the scene near Lake Street and West River Parkway in Minneapolis.
Police tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS the incident may be suspicious in nature.
Stay with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and KSTP.com for updates as they become available.

I'm wondering if this victim's name could be Luke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221