Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been checking on calendar dates and ran across references to the Satanic Calendar. I never knew there was such a thing ..but it is how they corridinate their unholy days and rituals.

Anyway it really upset me because they actually list certain dates and weeks specifically for kidnapping and sacrifice. This is just getting too creepy and may not be involved at all..but I wonder how many of these kidnappings will cross reference with the dates on the calendar?

http://www.care1.org/articles/a23_calendar.htm#calendar

DD- I unfortunately have done extensive research on this and decided specifically not to post it here for alot of reasons, but mainly I was concerned about how a family might react, and mostly God Forbid, afraid of "promoting" it. That being said, if everyone weighs in, and there are no objections, I will.

DD- I unfortunately have done extensive research on this and decided specifically not to post it here for alot of reasons, but mainly I was concerned about how a family might react, and mostly God Forbid, afraid of "promoting" it. That being said, if everyone weighs in, and there are no objections, I will.

Blink, by all means post it, imo, because it may be very informative. I cannot imagine anyone here believing it would promote any such thing. Maybe I am wrong. Curious as to what everyone thinks. I also want to know more about this "group!" If anything could prevent more murders or get LE to look seriously at the ones that have taken place it should be done!

Eve

Just want to throw this out there about the costume thing for those of you who haven't been to college or it's been awhile...
There are parties pretty much every week/weekend that have "themes" so for a college student to be dressed in a costume, that is not unusual BUT it also depends on the school. For some universities this is common culture, for others this would be an rare event.
In any instance, the costume thing could be connected, but I would say probably not (not to say the deaths aren't connected though) just because of the frequency of college students dressing up.

Please go for it. We're all here to look beyond what the average people "see" in these cases and that is extremely important.

Just want to throw this out there about the costume thing for those of you who haven't been to college or it's been awhile...
There are parties pretty much every week/weekend that have "themes" so for a college student to be dressed in a costume, that is not unusual BUT it also depends on the school. For some universities this is common culture, for others this would be an rare event.
In any instance, the costume thing could be connected, but I would say probably not (not to say the deaths aren't connected though) just because of the frequency of college students dressing up.

Im not as much interested in the costume as I am the reason for the costume party that particular weekend.

dontfollow, welcome to WS!

Blink, I say go for it.

I wish they would come out with more info too SS. They keep using terms like evil, group, gang...but when I think of pure evil I think of a cult where there is structure and an heirarchy. Just mindboggling that there could be so many people out there all tied together for a horrid common cause..murder.

I doubt there is an organized group. The more organized and complex a gang gets, the more they must cover up their tracks and the more likely they will be identified and caught. This seems like a copy-cat type thing to me.

Hi everyone! Gotta get caught up on the boards, but I was thinking, I know we all think LE isn't handling this properly on the local level, but has any paper come out on the position of the FBI?

I'm sick about the new death in Ithaca. The fact that there are so many recent drownings of college kids, do you think there's any way to compare this to let's say a previous decade?

I doubt there is an organized group. The more organized and complex a gang gets, the more they must cover up their tracks and the more likely they will be identified and caught. This seems like a copy-cat type thing to me.
You do raise valid points, but I have to disagree. I think to get all of the dates which coincide and the patterns which are emerging...it would have to be more than one person. Whoever is behind this has murder down to an art form. They haven't come close to being identified until now. They leave no evidence, no one sees them, and police refuse to investigate the cases. How more perfect of a crime can you get?! This tells me the person calling the shots is very intelligent and has orchestrated the time and place of each disappearance/death.

Ok this is WAY far fetched but here goes:
Since LE is completely against the serial killer idea and they refuse to even consider it, perhaps this is a big conspiracy of the local police to deter college students from drinking - by instilling fear in them.
Its pretty far fetched but I just don't understand why the police are acting this way.

What is the one "group" that each of these locations have in common that we know of?
police.

Yes, Police are present on every campus. Then you have Fraternities, Sororities, Christians, Muslims, etc. on every campus, too.

I don't think the police are involved in this. Their position rests with lack of evidence in each case. No trauma to the body (except for Chris Jenkins that we are aware of), no DNA, no trace evidence, and no known Cause Of Death to rule out an accidental drowning. This means they have nothing to give to the DA to file charges and as soon as the ME shuts the case down with the COD...it is over for them. They aren't covering up...but they are not going ahead with an investigation either. That is their downfall.

You do raise valid points, but I have to disagree. I think to get all of the dates which coincide and the patterns which are emerging...it would have to be more than one person. Whoever is behind this has murder down to an art form. They haven't come close to being identified until now. They leave no evidence, no one sees them, and police refuse to investigate the cases. How more perfect of a crime can you get?! This tells me the person calling the shots is very intelligent and has orchestrated the time and place of each disappearance/death.

Oh SS - boy do I agree with you here. I was talking to my son about it last night and one thing he did say, which we probably already know, is that men just don't feel vulneralbe like girls do. A guy might meet another guy in a bar and feel perfectly comfortable going somewhere with him after a 10 minute conversation.

I'm beginning to think aliens here. Jiminy! Two men, different states, walking from one dorm to another and they both disappear and nobody sees anything?!? I'm shocked by this. They weren't the only ones at the party.

Whoever the perps, I'm willing to bet they are stalking their victims. They are watching them and waiting for their opportunity. No way these things could be happening like they are, if someone was not keeping pretty close tabs and making sure they were in the right area at the right time.....

Salem

I'm going to see if I can get down to the pond maybe tomorrow and take a look around, see if any of it makes any more sense when I'm actually standing down there. But I can say - I have taken that exact path many times, and frankly, it seems absolutely ridiculous that a person could drown in that pond. Particularly one who was just fine walking home from Grandview (To give some scale to the first map Randall posted http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7577/85731496yc7.png ] it's not exactly a short walk. Something close to a mile by the route he undoubtedly took [He wouldn't have gone up Danby. Too much traffic. He undoubtedly cut through the place on the map labelled Hudson Pl, took the path to where it's labelled "South Hill", then over to Farm Road.])

And from what I could tell when I was scoping it out earlier, there was a buoy floating near the middle of the pond (One exactly like it can be seen in the picture Randall posted here - http://theithacan.org/am/uploads/1/050108_Diver.jpg ) presumably where he was found. This would make absolutely no sense because there's NO water that flows into the pond. There should be absolutely no current - nothing to drag him out to the center like that. Particularly if he just stumbled in.

Cirrus- not sure if you missed my post- as you spoke to friends who were at the party- do you know the occasion for a costume party in April?

I'm going to see if I can get down to the pond maybe tomorrow and take a look around, see if any of it makes any more sense when I'm actually standing down there. But I can say - I have taken that exact path many times, and frankly, it seems absolutely ridiculous that a person could drown in that pond. Particularly one who was just fine walking home from Grandview (To give some scale to the first map Randall posted http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7577/85731496yc7.png ] it's not exactly a short walk. Something close to a mile by the route he undoubtedly took [He wouldn't have gone up Danby. Too much traffic. He undoubtedly cut through the place on the map labelled Hudson Pl, took the path to where it's labelled "South Hill", then over to Farm Road.])

And from what I could tell when I was scoping it out earlier, there was a buoy floating near the middle of the pond (One exactly like it can be seen in the picture Randall posted here - http://theithacan.org/am/uploads/1/050108_Diver.jpg ) presumably where he was found. This would make absolutely no sense because there's NO water that flows into the pond. There should be absolutely no current - nothing to drag him out to the center like that. Particularly if he just stumbled in.
Has the buoy always been there or recently placed? Do you know if a tip was given to LE to find him?

I don't know the exact reason - no. I'll talk to a couple of people I know who were there, though, see if they know a reason. I know it's certainly not strange for there to be random themed parties, though. "Anything but clothes" is a favorite here, but costume parties aren't out of the ordinary.

Whoever the perps, I'm willing to bet they are stalking their victims. They are watching them and waiting for their opportunity. No way these things could be happening like they are, if someone was not keeping pretty close tabs and making sure they were in the right area at the right time.....

Salem
I have no doubts about this one anymore. They have to be waiting on an "opportunity" to act. Stalking/hunting is exactly what they have to be doing in order to perfect this.

Has the buoy always been there or recently placed? Do you know if a tip was given to LE to find him?

The buoy was placed there when they found him - presumably as a marker of where he was found. There wasn't a tip, we received notice yesterday that there would be divers on campus today to check the lakes/ponds on campus - it was just part of the search for him.

Blink, my daughter attended a "costume only" party the other night for one of her clubs. It is fairly routine as I understand it.

I would like to know which group held the party and what reason, too. Jacobson went as William Shakespeare so it makes me believe it could have been associated with the Language Arts Department.

It also brought up the Dead Poets Society in my mind when I read about his costume yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21