Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.

O/T a bit - I contacted a police department today with info about a missing person and a UID. Both men were posted on the National Center for Missing Adults and seemed like an obvious match to me. The PO did not even know about NCMA - I had to walk him through it. Turns out that both the DOB and date missing of the missing person were wrong. I tell you this only to illustrate how information that we use to search may not always be accurate or complete. Sometimes, what seems like an obvious or identifying characteristic may be overlooked or omitted. We cannot always depend on age, height, weight, tatoos, etc.

Wow.. that's somewhat discouraging! Thank you for letting us know that bit of info-- even CALLING AROUND the people who are supposed to know don't know! And you're talking in real-time!

But I do consider these factors about the clothing...

I am an EMT, and sometimes when clothing gets in the way of certain procedures, the clothing is often cut and removed, and can sometimes get lost or discarded.

I know.. duh, right?

But anyway, with the amount of road rash she probably received from flailing out of a car at such a high speed, I'd imagine her clothes were pretty tattered and torn anyway, so it is possible her clothes were discarded, especially if she was expected to live anyway..

You're absolutely right. I know when my Mom had a heart attack that not everything was accounted for. But in this case, the ring that has just recently been mentioned is just the opposite situation! I have never seen this ring mentioned in any other postings about MJD. It obviously made it from the hospital to the coroner's office, right?

Maybe not. The email I received from Sue Dodt said she was trying to get the police photos of the ring. So maybe the ring and other possesions were still in police custody, while the other items (earrings, etc.) would have been still attached to the body.

Maybe not. The email I received from Sue Dodt said she was trying to get the police photos of the ring. So maybe the ring and other possesions were still in police custody, while the other items (earrings, etc.) would have been still attached to the body.

Good point fmw. I sure wish there would be some news soon. I've had almost immediate repsonses from Suzi Dodt whenever I've sent in something. I haven't seen pics of any of hew jewerly or clothing - have you?

Ok, here is my 2cents worth...they don't believe she was over 16 but think she was a prostitute...sounds like a big issue for LE there. It seems to me that sometimes LE doesn't want to be asked to many questions because it implies they aren't doing there job. I almost feel like its an attitude of "these people think they can do it better? Ok but you're not getting any information or help from us". That's just my little rant about it.

Ok, here is my 2cents worth...they don't believe she was over 16 but think she was a prostitute...sounds like a big issue for LE there. It seems to me that sometimes LE doesn't want to be asked to many questions because it implies they aren't doing there job. I almost feel like its an attitude of "these people think they can do it better? Ok but you're not getting any information or help from us". That's just my little rant about it.

That may very well be also. I do feel that LE dropped the ball totally with regard to the people who were in the car with MJD. Maybe they don't really want to draw any attention to that. The male has a lengthly record and perhaps has reason to conceal what really happened. But Lindsay, who was also very young at the time, may be able to shed more light on the situation. I know they were drinking and getting high, but they would remember at the very least if she had an accent or not, wouldn't they?

You're absolutely right. I know when my Mom had a heart attack that not everything was accounted for. But in this case, the ring that has just recently been mentioned is just the opposite situation! I have never seen this ring mentioned in any other postings about MJD. It obviously made it from the hospital to the coroner's office, right?

When we have situations similar MJD, we try to gather and keep personal belongs-such as jewelry since they may hold high value if they are removed from the body for certain procedures. Earrings and navel rings don't generally need to be removed unless the location of the problem is in the specific area. Since she was in such critical condition, things may have been misplaced and recovered again later after transport since she wasn't dead on the scene or DOA. That could explain why her alleged necklace and ring weren't mentioned because the medical examiner only noted the pieces of jewelry that didn't need to be removed. I guess s/he didn't feel the need to update the belongings if that was the case..

I am not understanding why the ring and necklace weren't mentioned YEARS ago. I say "alleged" because it was only referenced in a newspaper article, and they can make errors..

That may very well be also. I do feel that LE dropped the ball totally with regard to the people who were in the car with MJD. Maybe they don't really want to draw any attention to that. The male has a lengthly record and perhaps has reason to conceal what really happened. But Lindsay, who was also very young at the time, may be able to shed more light on the situation. I know they were drinking and getting high, but they would remember at the very least if she had an accent or not, wouldn't they?

I'm sure they can recollect things like an accent at least, especially since that's such a horrific experience.. I think I'd sober up pretty d*mn quick!

I really hope her clothes and that ring were accounted for.

Anyway, you all have very good point of views.

Using my old 1995 PhoneDisc phone directory cd, there doesn't seem to be many businesses there now that were there then on E. Van Buren St. - the Ajax Liquor Store & 1 or 2 motels down the street. There is still, however, a small apartment complex right there on 23rd St. within walking distance of the liquor store.

Anybody here in the Phoenix area?

I lived there almost a year ago, for several years, and know many, many people who live there, including family.. and I'm sure some would be happy to assist.

what did you have in mind?

1995-1999 high school yearbooks... The Phoenix Public Library has some. Maybe look for her or guys with the initials D.M.A. Of course, this is assuming she's from Phoenix.

1995-1999 high school yearbooks... The Phoenix Public Library has some. Maybe look for her or guys with the initials D.M.A. Of course, this is assuming she's from Phoenix.

I know a few people who attended high school around that time,I can ask them to look in theirs first to rule those high schools out, and ask a friend there who is distantly helping me with this case to visit the library.

FYI-- I graduated high school not too long ago so she would've been older than I, so my YB has been ruled out. :(

I've been searching missing persons sites tonight. My heart breaks for all these families! I just want to hold my 2 babies and never let them out of my sight. I know that is impossible to do but for every picture of someone missing I see, I think about the fact that it is someone's baby. Thank you all for the hard work to find out who MJD is.

I've been searching missing persons sites tonight. My heart breaks for all these families! I just want to hold my 2 babies and never let them out of my sight. I know that is impossible to do but for every picture of someone missing I see, I think about the fact that it is someone's baby. Thank you all for the hard work to find out who MJD is.

Even though I can't share the feeling because I am not a parent, I know it must be so hard to look through these cases and see such sad endings for these poor children who left the world, and have been forgotten..

How can someone NOT claim their own child?.. are they afraid to learn what may have happened? Or are they just that cold and selfish?..

I freak out and cry if my CAT gets out of the house.. and I have searched for him in snow with nothing but a t-shirt and flip flops on and didn't sleep until he came home!

Even though I can't share the feeling because I am not a parent, I know it must be so hard to look through these cases and see such sad endings for these poor children who left the world, and have been forgotten..

How can someone NOT claim their own child?.. are they afraid to learn what may have happened? Or are they just that cold and selfish?..

I freak out and cry if my CAT gets out of the house.. and I have searched for him in snow with nothing but a t-shirt and flip flops on and didn't sleep until he came home!
Even with 2 children, i still chase the cat..lol. Actually what got me even more interested and active on the missing person boards was chasing my cat around for hours near where Lori Slesinski's car was found in Auburn. What is so sad to me is that people have no value for life. I just don't get it! I'm driving myself crazy trying to find answers in the MJD case and a few others. I can't imagine what the families of these people are going through.

Even with 2 children, i still chase the cat..lol. Actually what got me even more interested and active on the missing person boards was chasing my cat around for hours near where Lori Slesinski's car was found in Auburn. What is so sad to me is that people have no value for life. I just don't get it! I'm driving myself crazy trying to find answers in the MJD case and a few others. I can't imagine what the families of these people are going through.

Wow.. I figured "Auburn" meant your hair color, lol, but I have heard about that case when searching through the Doe Network, so tragic.

Doing this gets frustrating and nerve racking sometimes, especially when you feel that you are not provided with the right amount of information... but I feel so much for this poor girl.. and I think of her a lot... mainly because she reminds me of someone I used to be close to, and I was afraid it was that girl until I found her myspace, thank God! I hope she gets an identity soon, as well as some other cases I am trying to find answers to.

Hopefully something comes out of trying to identify her through old year books and using those initials.. or even someone who resembles her..

Sounds like you'll be a wonderful mommy someday vashley. But, not everyone is a good a parent and it's so difficult to remember that when searching these boards. I'm sitting in my lovely home now with my husband and I know exactly where my children are. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that if any of us went missing, the others would search to the ends of the earth to find him/her. Ironically, the more time you spend on these boards, the more we must realize that not every family is that way. It's difficult to believe and impossible to understand, but it's true....and heartbreaking. And we cannot overlook those who may not have anyone in the world. I work with a women who has no real family. She has friends who might notice her missing, but she really has no family who would know or care if she went missing. So very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz